Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 (32307 Views)

Mercy Johnson 's Husband, Odi Okojie Wins Esan Fed Constituency Ticket (APC) / Barr. Nazeel Aliyu Emerges NNPP Reps Candidate For Shira/giade Fed. Constituency / Nse Ekpenyong Certificate Forgery:  EFCC Presents 8th Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by politicoNG: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
The lawmaker representing Oron Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Nse Ekpenyong, is dead.

Mr Ekpenyong, 58, reportedly died on Saturday.

The chairman of Mbo Local Government Area, Asuqwo Eyo, confirmed the death to PREMIUM TIMES. He said the federal lawmaker was not ill. Mr Ekpenyong hails from the area.

Mr Ekpenyong was representing Oron Federal Constituency of Akwa lbom State, and would have completed his second term in May 2023.

He is a former member of Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly and a former deputy chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa lbom State.

Before joining politics, he served as the Managing Director of Based/Investment Trust Co Nigeria Ltd and later the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Brule Integrated Nigeria Ltd.

In 2017, he was arraigned at the Federal High Court, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over allegations of certificate forgery.

Following his death, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, is expected to declare his seat vacant.

The electoral commission, INEC, will then conduct a fresh election to fill the seat.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/525690-nigerian-lawmaker-nse-ekpenyong-is-dead.html

2 Likes

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Timoleon(m): 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
RIP
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Segunaja: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ahhhhh

1 Like

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by nzeobi(m): 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
Rip, I hope you find peace wherever you are

6 Likes

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Righteousness2(m): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Condolences
The chairman of Mbo Local Government Area, Asuqwo Eyo, confirmed the death to PREMIUM TIMES. He said the federal lawmaker was not ill.

The Breath in us is not in our Power.
The Breath in us is not sustained by the kind of food we eat or by our bigness of our pocket.
Life is a Gift From GOD ALMIGHTY.
Live this life to please GOD and in the Conciousness of your Eternity, so that when you are taken away from earth , you will open your eyes in Heaven and not in regrets , torture and pains.

The only way to be Guaranteed to open your eyes in Heaven is to surrender to the Lordship of JESUS Christ and Live for HIM and according to His words

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Quiny32323: 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ibibio jazz it's fucking strong!!
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by slawormiir: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Rest in peace
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Peace081: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
So sad
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by movara: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
Rip
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by neford: 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
Can I take his place in the house?
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by EatforHealth: 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
Death is a debt everyone must pay, only to be remembered by what you have done

You come with nothing to acquire everything, just to leave with nothing

RIP

5 Likes

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by datopaper(m): 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
R.I.P
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by wolesmile(m): 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
Why are they all dieing at their prime these days?

Karma??

May he rest in whatever he had sown...
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by dele1727: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
angry angry

Just you never can tell about life and death...imagine an old buhari and Tinubu still here planing on how to achieve his life long ambition....

Hmmm...
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by GboyegaD(m): 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
May his soul rest in peace and may he be remembered by his works and how he represented his people.

1 Like

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Laggafin: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
Chai
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by 9jagovernor: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
A former state deputy chairman of PDP, former member house of assembly, second term at the house of representatives, might be planning to run for senate shocked Some of these people na till death take them away, dem no go retire from politics

1 Like

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by aycorporat(m): 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
The way Nse Ekpeyong was mentioned... fear catch me say whether na my sweetheart actress...

RiP sir. May God Almighty comfort those he left behind.

4 Likes

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by RandyOku: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
If he ever did and performed well, may he RIP but otherwise, HE WILL ROAM in PIECESgrin
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by horirem: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
Rip to the dead
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by iHart(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
What a pity
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Wisejohnson47(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
R. I. P sir. He has paid the price. We will all pay ours one day on a good old age

1 Like

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Christistruth00: 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
RIP

Jesus Christ is the only Joker Card after death

Nobody comes to the Father except through him

25 Likes

Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Elidrisy20: 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bye
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by ChoCho54(f): 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
Wow!

Rip sir.

I was scared when I saw Nse, I thought of Nse Ntuen, God forbid.

Rip Oga!
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by ChoCho54(f): 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
Christistruth00:

Jesus Christ is the only Joker Card after death
Is Saul also one of the prophets
Re: Nse Ekpenyong Is Dead: Member Representing Oron Fed Constituency Dies At 58 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
Quiny32323:
Ibibio jazz it's fucking strong!!
No be lie, na so dem be want use ibibio jazz kill christian erikson that year if no be oyinbo witch when save am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Daughter Of Jigawa State Governor, Amina Abubakar Weds / Grace Ladoja: "It Took Me 27 Years To Be Cool With My Dad' / 'I Will Marry You Over And Over' - Patience Jonathan To Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.