Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! (6804 Views)

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order / Chad President Pays $26 Million Dowry Sudan Chick (pics) / South Sudan Becomes 54th African State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by pereze: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2011
paraphase:

God Punish all of you praying for nigeria to separate.You want all other african countries to laugh at us,after all the mouth we have been making. By the way,get it to your skull that the US,United Nation will never grant your Biafra people and sharia people any recognition. SO,Biafra and sharia republic might die in hunger and poverty. You can Google nothern Cyprus and see for yourself.They have been asking for indepence for more than 30years but no country or organisation is ready to help. They departed from the original cyprus thinking they will stand alone but they where left alone.No Recogntion.So you people can keep dreaming of separatin from Nigeria,especially the Igbio people.One day you will wake up and beg to rejoin Nigeria but it will be too late.
If you be sugar guy, I no mind to de use salt drink tea!
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Akanbiedu(m): 11:03am On Jul 10, 2011
pereze:

If you be sugar guy, I no mind to de use salt drink tea!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by ezeagu(m): 11:03am On Jul 10, 2011
samoks:

No,  because they lack the balls

So when MASSOB starts bombing the place is that when they will gain balls?

paraphase:

God Punish all of you praying for nigeria to separate.You want all other african countries to laugh at us,after all the mouth we have been making. By the way,get it to your skull that the US,United Nation will never grant your Biafra people and sharia people any recognition. SO,Biafra and sharia republic might die in hunger and poverty. You can Google nothern Cyprus and see for yourself.They have been asking for indepence for more than 30years but no country or organisation is ready to help. They departed from the original cyprus thinking they will stand alone but they where left alone.No Recogntion.So you people can keep dreaming of separatin from Nigeria,especially the Igbio people.One day you will wake up and beg to rejoin Nigeria but it will be too late.

Your Nigeria is doomed, get over it. And Biafra asking Nigeria back? Heeheeheeeheeeheeheeeheeheeehee grin
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by okosodo: 11:04am On Jul 10, 2011
Mascot lawman:

why must ppl always compare Nigeria with other nations? going by the population of this nation now, if anything should happen, those of u clamoring for division might not leave to witness it. Do u know how many lives that were lost in Sudan before they finally made it? Are u ready to sacrifice your life for that to happen? I guess the answer is no. So pls let's stop heating up the polity. Let's pray for a better Nigeria.

God forbid. We must not continue to remain like this. We must separate from anything like arab or terrorism
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2011
Nigeria can be divided peacefully! What about the Boko Haram mess going on in the North? Even in Nigeria, we have sharia states where they enforce Sharia Law. As a Nigerian, living in the south, that means i cannot live my live in the sharia states the way i live in the south. So it doesn't even make sense. Nigeria is only a Union to the Northerners when it benefits them! The North is so backward its unreal and i don't mean to say this disparagingly, but for God's sake, i would never have envisioned Nigeria to be a place where groups can just start blowing up innocent lives to oblivion! I do not care what they are fighting for! We simply do not have anything in common with the North and its the truth. And please no one should forget that we are still under colonial rule as long as the entity Nigeria still remains. Forget religion, u have to be week minded to be brainwashed by any religion!
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by BashirAhmad1(m): 11:38am On Jul 10, 2011
Hoping to see Northern Nigeria (Sharia Country), so can be able to conduct Holy Qur'an as constitution. May Allah spare my live to see that happy moment.

I am from Federal Republic of Northern Nigeria (FRNN)
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 10, 2011
That will be awesome!
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 10, 2011
Trust me it will happen soon enough! These old farts ruling Nigeria won't be there forever! Our generation will turn things around either by force or choice!
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Princek12(m): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2011
Bashir Ahmad:

Hoping to see Northern Nigeria (Sharia Country), so can be able to conduct Holy Qur'an as constitution. May Allah spare my live to see that happy moment.

I pray so, too, so that we southerners can live in a peaceful, progressive society, guided by rights for each individual, while the Northerners can live in a Sharia state, where each citizen will be denied basic freedoms and fundamental rights.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 10, 2011
Bashir Ahmad:

Speechless!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by ak47mann(m): 11:54am On Jul 10, 2011
paraphase:

osama is talking tongue tongue
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2011
ak47mann:

osama is talking tongue tongue
more like a mad man is talking!
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2011
Funny thing is, i wonder why southerners are in the North! All my life the closest i have ever come close to the North is Abuja, and i just had a stop over there on my way to Lagos!
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2011
I don't know, but the Boko Haram sh*t is just pinching me. Blowing people up for no reason! Freakin Islamic extremists and terrorists! what a shame!
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by searay(m): 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2011
Congrats to S. Sudan, while still praying for my federal republic of Niger Delta. Hopin to see d republic of biafra n d sharia/boko haramic republic of Northern nigeria
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by t3kids: 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2011
It is clear that the north wants out of Nigeria so they can become a muslim nation, please let us let them go before our country turns into rivers of blood. Our Kaduna xtians move over to the South. cry
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Tyche(m): 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2011
xtremeidea:

[size=20pt]CONGRATS!!!![/size]

What a way to crown long period of fighting.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by umechuma: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2011
Bashir Ahmad:

I hope you will send the message to your Northern leaders for consideration.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by alexola20(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2011
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by gungume: 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2011
If nigeria is divided where will the millions indegeneous northern christian will go? Are they wellcomed in the south? If yes which state? If no how will they survive? Nigeria has already been inter-woven!!
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Vavavoom(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2011
Boko Haram might just be what the south of Nigeria needs to break away - it is a group of young people fed up with the current system - deprived of both her commonwealth and the right to full religious practice; if I were the South I'll find a way to penetrate her since we share a common interest in seeing Nigeria break for good. congrats to the republic of South Sudan, although all of her problems won't disppear overnight half of her problem is gone.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by slverspoon: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2011
Watching
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by usbcable(m): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2011
and this calls to mind, why is there not as much push on isreal to let palestine rule themselves? undecided

as long as you are pro-west no seccession can happen in your backyard

they will push for the break up of soviet union, china, libya et al.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2011
i am happy for the people of south sudan. at least they now free from the wicked muslims
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by agog: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2011
God bless the newest state. I never pray for naija to break cos there's unity in our diversity. Even though we are challenged on all corners, every cloud has a silver lining. All we need do is to believe in our selves, we shld pray to God to empower GEJ with courage and bravery to lead us.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2011
agog:

God bless the newest state. I never pray for naija to break cos there's unity in our diversity. Even though we are challenged on all corners, every cloud has a silver lining. All we need do is to believe in our selves, we shld pray to God to empower GEJ with courage and bravery to lead us.

Why do we always have to pray to God for what he has already given us the ability to do? This is one reason Africa is a doomed continent. We keep waiting for a Miracle while we are our own worst enemies.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by McCoy91(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2011
I cannot for the life of me understand why people should be clamoring for Nigeria to separate when it's very possible for there to be a peaceful resolution to the problems affecting us. Is that the only way out?? Haba. And some people from the North are even going with the idea. Wtf?! Your country would be poor and underdeveloped forever
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Tunsbobo(m): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2011
finally
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by LARRIE(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2011
When all are ready to pay the ultimate price
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by 1025: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2011

@paraphrase,
na u and ur generations both born and unborn God go punish.
for me, this nigeria that is not working needs to be divided. is not by force to answer nigeria. if u like smoke till death do u part, nigeria has nothing outsatnding to call it a country. the northern cyprus u are using as example still has nigerians there but can u point to one man from ur northern cyprus that is living in this jungle called nigeria. at least, a poor family or country will come together to suffer, work, pray and survive together not having few criminals that celebrate their criminalities before us.
it is idiots like u whose parents are destroying this country and sending fools like u to cyprus to read and the good news is that most of u end up as drug addicts over there.
who would have tot a nigerian idiot like u will leave ur much delighted country for cyprus. the next place we will hear from u will be the newest country of this world, south sudan.
unless ur parents are ready to repent and release all their loots, otherwise, none of u the beneficiaries will go unpunished no matter where u run to.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Limaoscar: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2011
Congratulations to the Republic of Southern Sudan. My cab driver friend in the U.S. a graduate from one of the colleges in florida can now go home after 15 yrs.
I watched the ceremony live from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia on BBC. Can't help observing though that the sweearing-in ceremony of the General and the entire excercise was hastily put together. A few caucasian faces, including chinese at the background (trust them), Mr UN-Moon and some unknown faces but I didn't see any of our key official abi we no represent?

GEJ should have had this one locked down, show a lot of our presence. Even though it's a land-locked Country, they got oil, there will be need to re-construct and re-build from sctratch, we can provide IT, TELECOMS, BANKING support, Medical services, etc.

My other fear is that part of the oil rich region is still in dispute. How they resolve this in the future plus arrangement to sell their oil through khartoum will be an interesting deal.

Finally, the General turned president has been around for five years or so, I hope He will be ready to leave when His time is up (this one is a real fear) . Other than that, good move for the new republic. They will have to get over the Euphoria and emotions , roll-up their sleeves and get down to real national building as well as start building international bridges of their own as a Nation.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Vavavoom(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2011
1025:

@paraphrase,
na u and your generations both born and unborn God go punish.
for me, this nigeria that is not working needs to be divided. is not by force to answer nigeria. if u like smoke till death do u part, nigeria has nothing outsatnding to call it a country. the northern cyprus u are using as example still has nigerians there but can u point to one man from your northern cyprus that is living in this jungle called nigeria. at least, a poor family or country will come together to suffer, work, pray and survive together not having few criminals that celebrate their criminalities before us.
it is idiots like u whose parents are destroying this country and sending fools like u to cyprus to read and the good news is that most of u end up as drug addicts over there.
who would have tot a nigerian  like u will leave your much delighted country for cyprus. the next place we will hear from u will be the newest country of this world, south sudan.
unless your parents are ready to repent and release all their loots, otherwise, none of u the beneficiaries will go unpunished no matter where u run to.

lwkmd! 1025 you cracked me up with your retort - someone talking about staying together and all that bullshit in diversity while admonishing from afar smacks of hipocrisy. In all circumstance we the people of Nigeria wouldn't call for separation  but for all my 34 years on earth I can't say hopefully I see a change in the near future with the attitude of a few selected people who enjoy the present status quo and work hard to keep the system the way it is - at least when we go our separate ways those who desire to practice full blown sharia in the North need not look over their shoulders who they might offend - the free south can progress with civic liberties and fundamental basic rights as the centre of human development without recourse to religious tenents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Africans Love America So Much? / Bp Oil Spill: America Going Too Far? / Breaking News: Japan Hit By A New Earthquake Of 7.4, Tsunami Warning Issued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.