Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! (6805 Views)

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order / Chad President Pays $26 Million Dowry Sudan Chick (pics) / South Sudan Becomes 54th African State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Vavavoom(m): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2011
Limaoscar:

Congratulations to the Republic of Southern Sudan. My cab driver friend in the U.S. a graduate from one of the colleges in florida can now go home after 15 yrs.
I watched the ceremony live from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia on BBC. Can't help observing though that the sweearing-in ceremony of the General and the entire excercise was hastily put together. A few caucasian faces, including chinese at the background (trust them), Mr UN-Moon and some unknown faces but I didn't see any of our key official abi we no represent?

GEJ should have had this one locked down, show a lot of our presence. Even though it's a land-locked Country, they got oil, there will be need to re-construct and re-build from sctratch, we can provide IT, TELECOMS, BANKING support, Medical services, etc.

My other fear is that part of the oil rich region is still in dispute. How they resolve this in the future plus arrangement to sell their oil through khartoum will be an interesting deal.

Finally, the General turned president has been around for five years or so, I hope He will be ready to leave when His time is up (this one is a real fear) . Other than that, good move for the new republic. They will have to get over the Euphoria and emotions , roll-up their sleeves and get down to real national building as well as start building international bridges of their own as a Nation.

GEJ - d guy dey fear to show his hand - advisers would have advised not to attend as any presence would be misconstrued as giving blessing to something that is not a far possiblity here in Nigeria. We too dey pretend for this country - I agree with you it was an opportunity to create a trade route and corner part of the juice beneath the feet of the republic of south Sudan. Maybe we should get NNPC running like Petrobras first?
I fear like you too Omar Bashir has got a lot under his sleeve as regards the oil rich Abiyei province - na boundary dem just separate because resource sharing matter go bring another gbege later on- I hope both parties can get past it for the good and development of both countries - 25 abi na 60 years sef of ethnic violence; like you I have my doubts about the General leaving when it is time to go - Imagine we still have our own back home feeling a sense of entiltlement to the throne - changing from military uniform to agbada and seeking term elongation when due to leave office. The general and his advisers might toe such a line when time comes to leave. I could be wrong.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by olaezebala: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
when will my darling Nigeria split so we can have more new countries?
Enough of the forceful marriage of 1914.
let's go our separate ways.
please no war ooooooooooooooooo smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by enyojo(f): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2011
Welcome, new country!
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by ak47mann(m): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2011
Time for Nigeria to brake at list my Yoruba brothers we can trust them a bit, they might join boko haram who knows!Now their is fire on the mounting all man to themselves cool cool cool
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2011
olaezebala:

when will my darling Nigeria split so we can have more new countries?
Enough of the forceful marriage of 1914.
let's go our separate ways.
please no war ooooooooooooooooo smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Maybe you should see this article:
Excerpt:
"The Main Problem to solve is CORRUPTION: 'Corruption' in this caption is capitalized for emphasis. The question begging for answer in the central Politics of Nigeria is "are the major ethnic groups not represented in the composition of the federal government"? If you want us to secede, is it because the Southerners are not represented in the federal parastatals Or, are not the Easterners, Southerners or Westerners? They all are there, but are either not doing the right-things or not doing the things-right." Read more > http://visionitesmagazine.com/index.php/topic,921.msg1793.html#msg1793
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by MMM2(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2011
What of d people dat died ?
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by 2Praise: 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2011
How I wish that Garang was alive to see this moment. But am glad he had a wife that is strong and continued where the husband left.

The new sudan is here but the real challenges lay ahead.

Am sure if well managed this Nation will become a great giant.

Long live south sudan.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Chongaiman: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2011
South Sudan didn't win her freedom in cyberspace but in harsh reality. I see her present situation as comparable to 9ja at independence - great potential yet lots of internal wrangling. I hope they don't go the way of 9ja. Meanwhile our cyber-warriors could follow the lead of South Sudan by shutting down their laptops, desktops, BBs and handsets, and picking up their weapons and moving to the battlefield. If not, all these talks about breaking up WILL only remain wishful thinking.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by ezeagu(m): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2011
Chongaiman:

South Sudan didn't win her freedom in cyberspace but in harsh reality. I see her present situation as comparable to 9ja at independence - great potential yet lots of internal wrangling. I hope they don't go the way of 9ja. Meanwhile our cyber-warriors could follow the lead of South Sudan by shutting down their laptops, desktops, BBs and handsets, and picking up their weapons and moving to the battlefield. If not, all these talks about breaking up WILL only remain wishful thinking.

Nigeria was comparable to Sudan not South Sudan. Nigeria will break and/or a civil war will erupt.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Chongaiman: 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
^^^
Good! So who will bell the cat?
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by lepasharon(f): 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2011
its a shame,religion hath divided the people cry
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by ezeagu(m): 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2011
lepasharon:

its a shame,religion hath divided the people cry

A people who were never united.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2011
Worthy reminder is South Sudan is heterogenous and experiences regular intances of infighting and feeling of deep mistrust.

Let's hope they keep the peace and the Jihadists steer clear of the new country's border.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 10, 2011
Also what's the story on the plight of the oil rich Nuba territory

Should be mindful of being undersold by foreign multinational companies at these desperate times.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by ak47mann(m): 3:06am On Jul 11, 2011
obama made sure china lose out from the oil deal with Sudanese government by cutting northern Sudan off from the oil fields, which we all know that northern Sudan are Chinese closest allied.Well done Yankee una try cheesy cheesy
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 11, 2011
Shame on Biafra. The MASSOBs should take a trip to South Sudan to learn their strategies and well-planned war tactics. Without that, Nigeria will kick Biafra's butt come 2015.

You really think so? undecided
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Desola(f): 3:18am On Jul 11, 2011
Time for Nigeria to brake at list my Yoruba brothers we can trust them a bit, they might join boko haram who knows!Now their is fire on the mounting all man to themselves

who are your brothers? You brothers are in cameroun! angry
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by McCoy91(m): 6:49am On Jul 11, 2011
So if Nigeria were to divide, along which lines would it do so? Would it break into two or three or even four countries? Do the Yorubas go with MASSOB or do they form their own state? Niger-Delta? Smh, this will never happen, especially as Chongaiman said, when all those clamoring for it are cyber-rebels.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 11, 2011
but come to think of it. . .if only it would happen tongue

Southern Nigeria would become an extremely rich state

and a guaranteed influx of immigrants would flock in from all around
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by member479760: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2011
the formal sudan too big, it's good for nigeria to see the country divide. we dont need a big neighbor.

congrat my fellow negro.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by RSA(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2011
As an African I'm happy with this develoments if it means peace,stability and a growth opportunity which could only be good for the developement of ordinary South Sudannese.

I just hope they have capable leaders with intergrity,who will work to better the lives of this poor people not to enrich themselfs.I hope South Sudan is not going to add to Africa another corrupt failed state to our list.I hear the whole country have only 20 km tarred road,so it means there is a lot of work ahead interms of infrustructure for the leadership of SS.They need to start well,plan well and root out corruption from the beginning if they are to succeed.Good luck to SS.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by kenyatta: 10:12am On Jul 11, 2011
South sudan , congratulations! wink
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Rapmoney(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2011
Yes!!! We can do it!!! Support the Kuvuki State tongue tongue tongue
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Kenyanstar: 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2011
AFRICA POWERHOUSE KENYA DELIVERS A NEW COUNTRY

The republic of south Sudan has come to thank its big brother Kenya in its role as the patron ,father, brother and the only country in Africa that has enabled this new country to get its international recognition in record time.

Kenya plays the role of unifying countries that have otherwise been assumed by dimming giants such as NIGERIA and south africa. Kenya has played host to citizens of neighboring country's including Somalia which might soon give birth to a new country( Somaliland) which is recognized and is far peaceful compared to the larger somalia. Well we could also help Nigeria as well. Other countries that have benefited from Kenya from oppression are Eritrea, Djibouti which split from Ethiopia.

The country admires Kenya so much it adopted a flag similar to Great Kenya.The flag of Southern Sudan was adopted following the signing of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement that ended the second Sudanese civil war. The flag was previously used as the flag of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement. The flag is similar to the Flag of Kenya with the addition of a blue triangle and gold star at the hoist. The colours are said to represent the Southern Sudanese people (black), peace (white), the blood shed for freedom (red), the land (green) and the waters of the Nile (blue); the gold star, the Star of Bethlehem, represents unity of the states of Southern Sudan.

NIGERIA can borrow a leaf from kenya or even help. We will gladly accept the role of big brother.

Hail Kenya the Kingmaker Country
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by ababda: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2DlCcdEyoc&feature=player_embedded

This video is a love letter to the people of South Sudan from the people of North Sudan, we wish our southern neighbors all the luck and hopefully they will be a prosperous nation. From the people of Northern Sudan.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by upendo98(f): 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2011
@ kenyan star

yes you are right . This great E.A country has been very instrumental in ensuring sanity and peace prevailed in sudan.

enormous challenges lie ahead.
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by ak47mann(m): 11:56am On Jul 14, 2011
ababda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2DlCcdEyoc&feature=player_embedded

This video is a love letter to the people of South Sudan from the people of North Sudan, we wish our southern neighbors all the luck and hopefully they will be a prosperous nation. From the people of Northern Sudan.
this is good, i think soon we will start wishing northern Nigeria the same or they will wish us the same,time for northerners to take their minds out from our oil for their own good,
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by lepasharon(f): 7:19pm On Jul 14, 2011
im afraid for naija o,wat dis boko haram r doing i can picture another tutsi-hutu cry undecided
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nigermaurice(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2012
Donmeca: South Sudan! Welcome to the league of nations. . .may u not be a rich nation filled with poor people. . .may ur oil be a blessing and never a curse. May u not allow Shel, Agip, Chevron, BP, IMF and co run ur economy and government. Say "Amen!"
Possibly the wisest person I've heard on Nairaland
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2012
I wish South Sudan the Best of Luck...Warriors!!

[img]http://www.google.com/hostednews/getty/media/ALeqM5j3fQg3wy-EOGvM7lHAsNY_2nFWvQ?docId=148068449[/img]

[size=15pt]{{!!!Warriors!!!}} !!Mad Respect!![/size]

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
Yo Shout out and mad Respect to KandiiKane for being in Attendance at The South Sudan Liberation Parade
Re: South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
I AGREE THEY ARE TRUE DEFINITION OF WARRIORS!! cool

They do need to change their name though and rid themselves of all things Arabized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Africans Love America So Much? / Bp Oil Spill: America Going Too Far? / Breaking News: Japan Hit By A New Earthquake Of 7.4, Tsunami Warning Issued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.