Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,208 members, 7,860,349 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:45 AM

Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens (25392 Views)

Lionel Messi Didn't Get The Farewell He Deserves As Angry Fans Boos Messi Ahead / Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate / Real Madrid Is A Finished Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by ryloy: 4:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
Lionel Messi Stunner Seals PSG Ligue 1 Title
Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by ExcelDBM: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bigchristo:
Oga Abeg rest for this your long epistle Messi is younger than Cristiano Ronaldo, even as worse as Manchester United team Ronaldo still scored hard trick, if Ronaldo is playing with world class players as PSG have believe me Ronaldo will have more goals

Don't mind the olofo

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by bluefilm: 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
Messi is completely finished.

I don't think he can even go back to Barcelona.

The best move for him in my own opinion is to head to USA.

The USA Major League Soccer is the suitable retirement league for old rejects like Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by toprealman: 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
Before you open your mouth to say stuff about CR7and Messi, ask yourself this little question:
In that your line of biz/profession, have you ever been the best in your line, branch.....let's not mention state.

Messi and Ronaldo are stand out players, only people that don't respect hardwork talk shit about these top performers.

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by FireUpNow(m): 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
Him and CR7 should hang their boot.
Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Treasure17(m): 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Messi fans right now.

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by MyExpression(m): 4:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
paulolee:
I don tire for this moniker, first it was PSG fans booing messi yesterday, and today its "African fans calling messi a finished project"..
am still waiting to see ur topic on messi scoring or congratulating messi n PSG for winning the title on f.p, bt if its anti-messi news, u are quick to create them..
forget all these ur online hate, Leo is placed above the rest players..
Leo winning dt copa n his 7th ballon award av placed the bar too high for Others to reach, lastly messi's trophies, awards n numbers means he gat nothing else to prove to any haters...
I know the post will make f.p as usual bcoz its attacking messi and I think it's better we just rename this sports section to "cr7 fans forum" or anti-messi section"

I think we will start reporting posts for indecent images.

Your points were good, I even liked the post.
But my heart cringed when I saw that picture of weed.

You just spoilt something good.
Seun, let's sanitise this space please.

Promoting illegal substance has to be sanctioned just like nudity.
Nairaland still get some level of decorum...keep the space clean.
Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Dmacqh(m): 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
Messi isn’t finished . It’s time we give credit those his former teammates ( especially the Spanish golden contingent ) that made sure , he is a GOAT contender .
Greetings to Xavi, Iniesta, Busquet, Pique, Pedro, Villa, Puyol, Valdes.

Kudos to Barcelona, that protected him , gave him best players ( Alves, Neymar ) , best environment, unlimited powers to effect transfers, a contender for greatest coach Guardiola and mentorship in Ronaldinho.
We won’t understand what Barcelona did for Messi talent till he retired .

Messi still have 2 seasons to offer .
For this season , his effect on Ligue 1 crown was minimal. By his standard , he flopped . He should head up and offer a better performance next season.

His fans should stop making excuses for him. If it’s not Neymar injury , it’s Mbappe selfishness, or Poch tactics, or playing different positions. All these are excuses .
Stop bringing irrelevant facts like , runs ,assists , through balls , woodwork ill luck , jumps etc . They are part of football .

When he was scoring 90+ goals a season , he was doing same things . So playmaking isn’t new to him .

PSG fans have right to boo him if they feel he failed to meet their expectations of him . They applauded him and filled the streets when he arrived . They are the ones paying to watch him . The show he gave them isn’t enough . He knows he can do better . He’s not alone ,Neymar had his share .

Let’s stop counting past glory . He’s Barcelona days is a memory now . We will judge him with PSG performance. He have world class supporting cast in all positions.
He will rise . Let’s enjoy trophy clinching goal .

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by babaalagbo11(m): 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
Omoh this girl is hardcore Ronaldo fan lol
Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
I am so glad he is washed up. next is Ronaldo. The sport becomes boring when the same set of people get the Baloon d'or
Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by MadamVanessa(f): 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
shocked

Seun is Nairaland now Anti-messiland? what's all these nonsense done by your mods here. This is not good at all for business I am telling you dear. Nairaland supposed to be neutral regardless of your personal affinity to Messi or Ronaldo.

Obembet has made your mods to compromised big time and it's a shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by MadamVanessa(f): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bigchristo:
Oga Abeg rest for this your long epistle Messi is younger than Cristiano Ronaldo, even as worse as Manchester United team Ronaldo still scored hard trick, if Ronaldo is playing with world class players as PSG have believe me Ronaldo will have more goals

shocked

The hat trick that give them premier league title right.. Stupid pendu fans everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by samiabigail: 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Obembet I can feel ur pain
factors grin grin

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Babaheekmat: 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Messi fans cum all over the thread
Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by petermichaels(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
Haba Op, get Sense Na! I Have Been Waiting That Someday you Will Become Wise.
Trouble Everywhere And All You Care about Is This? You Cant even Provide News About Nigeria's Sport. Whats All This About?

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by MadamVanessa(f): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
obembet:

The thread is about Messi not Rolando

shocked

Get lost here, you have no shame at all. Always disgracing yourself thinking that you're dragging Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by PussyOdour(m): 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
obembet:
forget all these ur hate paulolee face the truth, Fans have the right to criticize him...Let's form aside, his dedication Isn't simply there...THERE is a huge difference between Barca's Messi & PSG'S Messi not in terms of forms only but also in terms of his mentality, desire & dedication...he has become the Pogba of PSG...when ppl defend him they still defend him on basis of his barca times but he & his fans Should remember his team is now PSG

paulolee

if u say messi is finished, wat about cr7?? he is just getting started??

I haven't seen someone as stupid as you in this sport section. You're so biased and is likely one mod here the f*cck your useless ass hence he's always in haste to push your crap to front page. what a loose LovePeddler.

Stupid nairaland with uselesssss mods.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Aniluvreal: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Obembet it's not funny anymore seriously, for the fact that a mod here is Ronaldo fan and is pushing all your hogwash to front page doesn't mean you should as you like.

Messi won Ligue 1 title and you never report it , it only shows the level of hate and bitterness you have for Messi. Of truth I am a Ronaldo fan, even if I am Ronaldo fan I must say the truth. Lately you're not making sense I swear.

4 Likes

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
Before I opened this thread, I knew it will be that obembet boy. I wonder why he despise Messi so much.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by flexispy: 5:30pm On Apr 26, 2022
Oh yes, fans consumers, most of which have never achieved greatness saying messi is finished.

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Emola12(m): 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
obembet:
forget all these ur hate paulolee face the truth, Fans have the right to criticize him...Let's form aside, his dedication Isn't simply there...THERE is a huge difference between Barca's Messi & PSG'S Messi not in terms of forms only but also in terms of his mentality, desire & dedication...he has become the Pogba of PSG...when ppl defend him they still defend him on basis of his barca times but he & his fans Should remember his team is now PSG

paulolee

if u say messi is finished, wat about cr7?? he is just getting started??

who mention Ronaldo here now useless haters don start Ooo
Ronaldo scored 21goals in d whole tournament dis season while Messi scored 9goals talk again make i hear u

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by ojoisimi(m): 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Messi is finished yet he just added to his trophy cabinet while cr7 who is still active, according to his worshippers, just turned a UCL team to one fighting hard to play conference league just like he left Juventus (illustrious champion of the Italian league) to one Fighting for top 4.

No amount of your praising cr7 would make him recognize you. You are a non-entity to him

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
paulolee:
I don tire for this moniker, first it was PSG fans booing messi yesterday, and today its "African fans calling messi a finished project"..
am still waiting to see ur topic on messi scoring or congratulating messi n PSG for winning the title on f.p, bt if its anti-messi news, u are quick to create them..
forget all these ur online hate, Leo is placed above the rest players..
Leo winning dt copa n his 7th ballon award av placed the bar too high for Others to reach, lastly messi's trophies, awards n numbers means he gat nothing else to prove to any haters...
I know the post will make f.p as usual bcoz its attacking messi and I think it's better we just rename this sports section to "cr7 fans forum" or anti-messi section"

You said it.

He should go and rest before people forget all the awards handed to him.

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by ojoisimi(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

You said it.

He should go and rest before people forget all the awards handed to him.

Rest...as in? Only dullards can forget such a feat.

Meanwhile cr7 ain't winning jackshite in England.
Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Musauzor(m): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
While Messi has won a trophy for the season Obembet Ronaldo is struggling for a spot at the Europa Conference League. Messi remains the player with the highest number of assists in modern football history. Omo dude can score, assist, dribble, create chances and still remains humble and unassuming.

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Bimpe29: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
If you have not been married to two different men, you won't know which one is better.

Messi is being tested in a different league and competition. Result is there for us to see and know that he is not doing well in France as expected.

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Bmaster(m): 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2022
obembet:
Supporters in Africa have registered mixed reactions after the 34-year-old was subjected to another chorus of boos at Parc des Princes

A section of fans across Africa have expressed mixed reactions after Paris Saint-Germain forward Lionel Messi was yet again booed by his own fans during their Ligue 1 fixture against Lens on Sunday.

The 34-year-old Argentine star was subjected to jeers from the fans despite scoring the only goal in the 68th minute that helped the Parisians register a 1-1 draw against Franck Haise’s side and clinch their 10th Ligue 1 title at Le Parc des Princes.

Editors' Picks

Iwobi: Fans slam Everton star’s performance against Liverpool - 'How is he even related to Okocha?'

Fear Foden: How Man City star emerged as Europe's finest young playmaker

‘What happened between Ziyech and Tuchel?’ – Chelsea fans question decision to bench star

Ballon d'Or 2022 Power Rankings: Salah, Mane and De Bruyne climb as Premier League title race hots up

This was the second time Messi, who joined the club on a free transfer from Barcelona last summer, was being booed by the fans, the first being after PSG’s defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League Round of 16 fixture, where he was targeted alongside Neymar.

Despite scoring against Lens, he was still jeered by a section of home fans during the post-match celebrations and the action by the supporters left manager Mauricio Pochettino terming it as “unbelievable.”

“The whistles against Messi? It’s unbelievable. These are hard things to accept. A difficult situation to imagine and which cannot be understood in my opinion,” Pochettino said.

African fans have also joined the debate, and below is how they reacted to the boos directed towards Messi, who has only managed four Ligue 1 goals so far in the 2021-22 campaign from 20 appearances, on the GOAL Africa Facebook Page.

“Messi is a finished product,” Adekola Olamilekan Hakeem started the discussion while Nat Han seconded him: “He is finished they need to kick him out.”

Mohau Mofokeng opined the Argentine is finished alongside his rival Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United: “Messi is finished the same as Ronaldo. Their time is up, they need to go back to their boyhood clubs and finish their careers there while Kwaku A. Boateng said Messi was only meant to play for Barcelona:[s] “Messi is only good in Barca team and that’s it.”[/s]

Meanwhile, Bashar Ibrahim has supported the action by the fans saying they have a right to do so because Messi has failed to live up to expectations: “They have the right to do so, he’s among the greatest players in the world but what has he done to PSG?”

Umoru Ameh explained PSG fans are frustrated because they wanted to win the Champions League after signing Messi: “They want Champions League. Simple. The way they got kicked out is unacceptable while Ilesanmi Godwin wrote: “Messi was too hyped when he came to PSG....too much expectation.”

Elsewhere, Milton Almonte feels Messi was riding his success behind Barcelona and it was good he moved to PSG for people to judge him: “In many ways it’s good he went to PSG so everyone was able to see his true colours."

Auwalu Hussaini Tambuwal said: “Only those blinded by sentiments will praise Messi and his performance this season.

[s]“Messi is only good in Barcelona team and that is it,” added Kwaku A. Boateng.[/s]

However, a section of other supporters have defended Messi with Kweku Efford maintaining the Argentine is the best player of all time: “Messi is the best of all time while Adam Safi'ullah said despite having his worst season, he still won a trophy with PSG: “In his worst season he still won a trophy.”

Chidozie Richard Mbonu also said: “It’s only destructive critics that will boo the greatest footballer of all times while Chinonso Patric Nosaco wondered why he was being booed: “It’s unbelievable to whistle a player, who is bigger than your club,” same as Afam Bu Ikechukwu Saha, who said: “Why are they booing our world’s best?”

Does Messi deserve boos from PSG fans? Please give us your thoughts in the comment box below.

Source: https://www.goal.com/en-cm/news/messi-is-a-finished-project-fans-debate-psg-star-ligue-1/bltb8cea6cd2307c268
YOU VEHEMENTLY REPEATED THE STRICKEN PHRASES JUST TO MAKE SURE YOUR FELLOW HATERS SEES IT TWICE,AND INCREASE THEIR HYPOCRITIC BASHING

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by JossyAnjoe: 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
Criticizing Messi n not criticizing Ronaldo is unfair. Messi achieved success with d teams he played for at his dwindling times. Ronaldo didn't achieve success at all at his dwindling time. Juventus n Man U. Think ppl

3 Likes

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by JossyAnjoe: 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
Messi is still d king of football....

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by tesppidd: 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
Dmacqh:
Messi isn’t finished . It’s time we give credit those his former teammates ( especially the Spanish golden contingent ) that made sure , he is a GOAT contender .
Greetings to Xavi, Iniesta, Busquet, Pique, Pedro, Villa, Puyol, Valdes.

Kudos to Barcelona, that protected him , gave him best players ( Alves, Neymar ) , best environment, unlimited powers to effect transfers, a contender for greatest coach Guardiola and mentorship in Ronaldinho.
We won’t understand what Barcelona did for Messi talent till he retired .

Messi still have 2 seasons to offer .
For this season , his effect on Ligue 1 crown was minimal. By his standard , he flopped . He should head up and offer a better performance next season.

His fans should stop making excuses for him. If it’s not Neymar injury , it’s Mbappe selfishness, or Poch tactics, or playing different positions. All these are excuses .
Stop bringing irrelevant facts like , runs ,assists , through balls , woodwork ill luck , jumps etc . They are part of football .

When he was scoring 90+ goals a season , he was doing same things . So playmaking isn’t new to him .

PSG fans have right to boo him if they feel he failed to meet their expectations of him . They applauded him and filled the streets when he arrived . They are the ones paying to watch him . The show he gave them isn’t enough . He knows he can do better . He’s not alone ,Neymar had his share .

Let’s stop counting past glory . He’s Barcelona days is a memory now . We will judge him with PSG performance. He have world class supporting cast in all positions.
He will rise . Let’s enjoy trophy clinching goal .
I noticed your post, you tried to be objective but along the way you lost track.

Do not join in their myopia, only people who do not see football beyond goals can call Messi finished.

True he did not get many goals but this is only his first season after 20 years at Barcelona.
Also PSG is set up to make Mbappe the point man, just like Man U is set up to make Ronaldo the point man, even at that it is week 33 in the EPL and Ronaldo is on 16 league goals.

16 goals in week 33, Ronaldo is finished as well isnt he?

Whoscored.com ratings show that the only player who performed better than Messi this season is Mbappe.

Messi has better stats and season rating than every PSG player bar Mbappe.

Only an idiot would opine that a Ronaldo who got 16 goals and 3 assists and playing as a top 9 is on form while a Messi who got 4 goals and 13 assists playing not as a top 9 is finished.

All said and done, Messi and Ronaldo have competed for 15 years and would not be judged based only in the 2021/22 season.

Career Goal scoring
Career Assists
Career Individual awards; club and country
Career Team trophies; club and country

Above are the ways they will be judged...

1 Like

Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
ojoisimi:

Rest...as in? Only dullards can forget such a feat.

Meanwhile cr7 ain't winning jackshite in England.

Do you remember Ruud Gullit? Marco Van Basten? Gabriel Batistuta? Roberto Baggio?

Do you know these guys ain't dead?

All-time greats like Pelé, Eusebio, Maradona, Gorge Best, Franz Beckenbauer, Karl-Heinz Rumenigge and Johann Cryuff are just....gone.

Do you know Rumenigge is still alive? Do you even know him?

Your dear Messi and CR7 will soon be forgotten by a world where even Thierry Henry and Zinedine Zidane are almost forgotten already.
Re: Messi Is A Finished Project’: Fans Debate His Ligue 1 Status After Boos In Lens by tesppidd: 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
Bimpe29:
If [s]you have not been married to two different men, you won't know which one is better.

Messi is being tested in a different league and competition. Result is there for us to see and know that he is not doing well in France as expecte[/s]d.
Stupiiid analogy.

If you marry 1 man and succeed in marriage for 7 years ,you are still longer in marriage than if you marry 4 men and succeed in marriage for 5 years.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lukaku's Goal Sends Chelsea Into Club World Club Final. / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? / Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.