Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,194 members, 7,864,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:55 AM

Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri (1429 Views)

Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2022
In response to a Twitter user seeking Reno's view on Yul Edochie's announcement of his son with his second wife, Reno Omokri stated that it is not a sin for a Christian to have more than one wife.

Reno sited an example of how God gave David many wives and he backed it with the scripture 2 Samuel 12:18 which he later stated was a typographical error and corrected it to be 2 Samuel 12:8

He went further to say that polygamy is forbidden for only Bishops and Elders in the church 1 Timothy 3:2.

In conclusion, Reno stated that Monogamy is a Western construct and not Christian.

See Reno's response in the screenshot below.

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2022
When I say the Bible support misogyny people say I am crazy.
The Bible support polygamy but does not support polyandry?
Imagine say na woman been do wetin yul do I swear we for no hear word for social Media again but guess what everyone feel we men are Superior and that anything we do is always right and cannot be objected.
Very bad.

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Armaggedon: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2022
Let him tell us the date he married the second wife and the date she gave birth.

What happened was adultery which lead to second marriage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Heartbender: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
Reno Omokri is wrong. The Bible does not support polygamy. If he is using old testament to back his claims, then incest is allowed

10 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Sexyliciousbri: 7:04pm On Apr 27, 2022
His life his choice
Otherwise congratulations on the bundle of Joy
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by DaInferno(m): 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
Reno go just cancel all the sense he had been making with one post! undecided

Nobody cares about the wife's feeling. Polygamy is ancient and shouldn't be welcomed

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by mii4u(f): 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
DaInferno:

Nobody cares about the wife's feeling. Polygamy is ancient and shouldn't be welcomed
Mature talk
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Nezzjnr: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2022
This Guy should know that there are some aspects of life he needs to go silent on... You don't go about contributing on different issues.

Leviticus 18:18
You shall not marry a woman in addition to her sister as a rival while she is alive, to uncover her unclothedness.

1 Corinthians 7:2
But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband

1 Timothy 3:2
An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

1kings 11:1-4

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Beremx(f): 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2022
I will take Reno Omokri seriously when he marries a second wife.
Btw, I read online that the so called second wife has two grown up kids.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Thebig4: 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
Yul did nothing wrong, men are entitled to marry as many wife as he wants to. So far he takes care of his responsibility. He is good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by GboyegaD(m): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2022
What kind of marriage did he perform with his first wife?
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Klass99(f): 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2022
cool

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
In response to a Twitter user seeking Reno's view on Yul Edochie's announcement of his son with his second wife, Reno Omokri stated that it is not a sin for a Christian to have more than one wife.
This story is why Nigerian woman need to altogether abandon traditional marriage practices to sell them as property of men who can turn and buy more such property without their consent. undecided

Court marriage is common sense for anyone who seeks to be an equal partner in her marriage. This man's first wife has herself to blame for opting to be just one of his many properties abeg. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2022
GboyegaD:
What kind of marriage did he perform with his first wife?
Obviously traditional since this declaration by the man would not have stood if she was only a side chick. undecided
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2022
Beremx:
Reno already has a child with a baby mama. I read that some weeks ago when I was trolling another post by him undecided

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by NaughtyBrainiac: 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2022
Heartbender:
Reno Omokri is wrong. The Bible does not support polygamy. If he is using old testament to back his claims, then incest is allowed
I know very little about the bible ( almost nothing). What is this old testament and new testament thing ?
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by JovialJune(f): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2022
When there is trouble in the home, men will go and look for peace outside

When there is peace in the home, men will still go and look for trouble outside

You suffer with them, they serve you breakfast

You don't suffer with them, they still serve you breakfast

Men are confused and insatiable creatures

My ladies;

Manage them, constantly improve yourself, and stay wicked

kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by JovialJune(f): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2022
Beremx:

She actually left her husband and kids to be Yul's bedmate, before pikin enter the equation, and fools here were commending Yul for getting a fresh meat, eye go clear very soon, e no dey tey.

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Apr 28, 2022
JovialJune:
She actually left her husband and kids to be Yul's bedmate, before pikin enter the equation, and fools here were commending Yul for getting a fresh meat, eye go clear very soon, e no dey tey.
She left her own husband and kids to be second wife for this man? undecided

Things dey happen! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by bukatyne(f): 12:26am On Apr 28, 2022
JovialJune:

Hol up!

Yul's new wife was his married side chic?

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by bukatyne(f): 12:27am On Apr 28, 2022
lexy20I4:
When I say the Bible support misogyny people say I am crazy.
The Bible support polygamy but does not support polyandry?
Imagine say na woman been do wetin yul do I swear we for no hear word for social Media again but guess what everyone feel we men are Superior and that anything we do is always right and cannot be objected.
Very bad.

@bold:

Have you read the Bible & understood it for yourself?

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Apr 28, 2022
DaInferno:
Na wa oo! undecided
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 28, 2022
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by cochtrane(m): 2:19am On Apr 28, 2022
Whoever listens to this dude?
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Fatalveli(m): 3:03am On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:
What Reno said will be like music to the ears of a certain nairalander - whose moniker starts with T and ends with 8. If you know, you know! cheesy

He has always insisted on these streets that a married man who sleeps with a single woman, is not committing adultery. Meaning Yul Edochie never committed adultery! But like someone said above, na from adultery pregnancy enter, then marriage follow.

All I know is that if you listen to most men, when it comes to sex, you go wound ooo and you will not make heaven grin. Their sense of right and wrong is seriously messed up when it comes to sex. That is how one married ex, was trying hard to convince me, that an extra marital affair with sex involved, is not a sin.

He even cited biblical instances of Solomon, David and a third person I can't recall now. Insisting that sex is just a physical need, to be satisfied like hunger (toh then go and satisfy it with your wife na) What my ex said is along the same lines of Reno's tweet.
What inspired your moniker?
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 28, 2022
Armaggedon:
Let him tell us the date he married the second wife and the date she gave birth.

What happened was adultery which lead to second marriage.

That one is adultery and marrying a second wife is not a crime
Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:08am On Apr 28, 2022
Polygamy is not a sin and can never be a sin. The Bible even says in the last days plenty women shall cling to just a man and not men to a woman. So I don’t see no comparison between a man marrying more wives and a woman marrying more than one man.

Men go hunting to marry. Women are not hunters, they are the fruits. That’s why if they stay too long without a husband they become faded. Men don’t fade, even in old age a man can still hunt for a wife and women can’t . If you like date a man for 10 years, if he is not ready to marry you, there won’t be any marriage.

Everybody has a role here on earth whether we like it or not and civilization or technology won’t change that. Women would always be under a man till the end of the world and no amount of fighting can turn that around.

Whether you like big like dinosaurs or elephant, the lion will always be the king of the jungle.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 28, 2022
Heartbender:

Is Old Testament not in the same bible?

When you want to sing, you sing from the Psalms and pray with Isaiah.

The same Old Testament was where the Bible keeps telling us ‘Fear not’.

But when it’s time for polygamy, there is Old Testament/ New Testament dichotomy. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 28, 2022
Nezzjnr:
This Guy should know that there are some aspects of life he needs to go silent on... You don't go about contributing on different issues.

Leviticus 18:18
You shall not marry a woman in addition to her sister as a rival while she is alive, to uncover her unclothedness.

1 Corinthians 7:2
But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband

1 Timothy 3:2
An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

1kings 11:1-4

Leviticus 18:18 you quoted means a man should not marry his wife’s sister and does not mean he should not marry a second wife

Leviticus 18:7-8 says

7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

Who is your father’s wife in that verse 8? That’s your fathers wife who is not your mother, and who is that? Your papa other wife.

4 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 28, 2022
DaInferno:

Everything that is happening today has been happening since creation. That tells you that everything is ancient and will continue to happen even in the next thousand years.

Nothing is new under the sun.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Kobojunkie: 3:50am On Apr 28, 2022
burritto:
The Bible even says in the last days plenty women shall cling to just a man and not men to a woman. So I don’t see no comparison between a man marrying more wives and a woman marrying more than one man. .
The bible never said any such. In fact the only reference made to such was of the daughter of Israel, during a time of captivity when most all of the men had been taken away to be prisoners in foreign lands, leaving but a few of the mostly previously undesirable men.
25 Your men will be killed with swords. Your heroes will die in war. 
26 There will be crying and sadness in the meeting places by the city gates. Jerusalem will sit there empty, like a woman who has lost everything to thieves and robbers and now just sits on the ground and cries. - Isaiah 3 vs 25 - 26
undecided

1 At that time seven women will grab one man and say, “Please marry us! We will supply our own food and make our own clothes. You won’t have to do anything else if you let us wear your name and take away our shame.” - Isaiah 4 vs 1
Please try not to quote bible without understanding abeg! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:04am On Apr 28, 2022
I just know that Reno will put mouth.

When he got married originally, he wasn't a polygamist. Now he his now a polygamist.

That one no make sense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God is great / Items For Sale.... Japa Sales / Would You Buy a House With Your Fiance as Co-owner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.