Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women (39782 Views)

Dear Nigerian Women 2 / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

Okay. let me partially agree with you that the same Pete Edochie that started acting at the age of 15 and became famous in the early 1980s (right before some us here were born), was poor and broke.

I also don't want to believe that you are anything below 40-50 years. That is the only way your narration would make sense. You cant be in your early 30s for example and know so much about Pete or Yul's childhood.

Great biography overall. Now tell us about the lady. Because the only way your story will completely make sense in the context of my opinion is to tell us that the lady was a Senator's daughter in Enugu.

You can't marry into a civil service/famous actor's family in that age and time and claim anything close to poor unless you are a senator's daughter yourself.

You guys should quit trying to paint the "I suffered with you" narrative. Yul cheated and got himself a second wife. Castigate him on that basis and quit trying to use "I suffered with you". That is my opinion and your childhood experiences with him (assuming you're being truthful) cannot change that.
...... Hehehehe.

6 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Klass99(f): 11:43am On Apr 28, 2022
cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Justkatty(f): 12:02pm On Apr 28, 2022
Climb okada with them, when jet come Dem remember say you be old cargo

Marry them rich, you be gold digger

The only thing is that, don't be dependent on anyone because when e go happen, even your shadow go stand one side dey look you.

Humans are not to be trusted again.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Klass99(f): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
cool

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by pocohantas(f): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:
Funny how people still believe some "grass-2-grace" celebrity stories online.

If Yul, a son to a famous Nigerian actor, could be broke during his undergraduate years, so what then should we and many other Nigerian students say?

Yul was never broke and Yul's 1st wife did not marry into a broke family.

What exactly are you talking about? Is Pete Edochie rich?? No be yesterday Kanayo build house? Tony Umez is still living in a rented property till date. Didn’t some other old actors die of sicknesses?

There was no money in acting (and entertainment) of the old! They were at best comfortable like an average family.

Fame isn’t equal to wealth!

Now you guys are twisting in all angles to refute the grass to grace story. Do you know his father more than him? Same Yul that celebrated Pete on father’s day saying he didn’t have more than 5 pair of trousers while they were growing up. Abeg rest!!

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by GloriousGbola: 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
pocohantas:

What exactly are you talking about? Is Pete Edochie rich?? No be yesterday Kanayo build house? Tony Umez is still living in a rented property till date. Didn’t some other old actors die of sicknesses?

There was no money in acting (and entertainment) of the old! They were at best comfortable like an average family.

Now you guys are twisting in all angles to refute the grass to grace story. Do you know his father more than him? Same Yul that celebrated Pete on father’s day saying he didn’t have more than 5 pair of trousers while they were growing up. Abeg rest!!

Even now, how many male actors are rich? Na actresses wey dey floss every day. We have seen over and over that 90% of our celebrities are one illness away from penury

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Richy4(m): 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

He has given us (women) a lot of food for thought. Me, I just can't get over the fact that he wasn't in love with May but had 4 kids with her. Why not stop after a boy and a girl?

The lack of a male child is not even the issue. If all his kids with May were female, I may reason that the quest for a male child drove his actions.

I know a woman who married as a virgin, at some point in her marriage she was treating herself for gonorrhea and she never cheated in that marriage. Her hubby cheated and infected her with it.

It's like our feelings and well being truly do not matter to Naija men once they marry you. Marriage to a Nigerian man is becoming less and less attractive, with the kind of stories you hear online and offline.

That is not to say men of other nationalities are any better, but kai our men are something else, extremely selfish and insensitive.

I believed that he loved the first wife.. I will never doubt it but he doesn't respect her.. Love and respect are two different things... If he respects her, he will put her feelings into consideration before jumping into bed with another woman..

Honestly, marriage is not a rosy affairs especially when one is the type that honours contract..... When u vow that it's her till death, then self control should be the key and saving grace... It's only God and body discipline that makes one achieve self-control..

In this Yul situation,I dislike it when people act like it wasn't a big deal considering the generation we are in today.. A lot of people don't practice polygamy anymore, and it insults my sensibility when they start quoting scriptures to justify that... We should ask ourselves how many centuries ago was this practice...

I still believe that there are lots of good Nigerian men out there who still love their wife and can do anything for them.. I still believe that blanket approach that men doesn't care much to an isolated situation like these, is not the key...

Yul made his decision and that to me is a one man decision... There are billions of men who will never dream of doing what he did.. one woman is more than enough for me thank you.. not to talk of adding her kind at home..Mba!!..Thank you...
The question I would have loved to ask is, what's their living situation at the moment? Has the 2nd wife moved in or is she still maintaining her old house.. this is just double wahala Yul honestly embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Chiquitq(f): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
I don't blame Yul at all. I blame the hypocrites in our society. The so called second wife was having an affair with a married man and she has friends and relatives that were comfortable with it. I am sure there were women present when the bride price was paid. There would be friends who would continue to be her friends. None of the women in the above categories want such for themselves or their daughters. Even the thief called Mercy Aigbe made a pose that she would shoot whoever came for her husband.
It is this society that trivialises such vices. In the olden days, polygamy might have thrived but in modern society, it is betrayal and only condoned by shallow people.
The nature of man is so selfish. Even Yul would not allow his daughter to be a second wife if he had a daughter. He and Mercy Aigbe should be so cancelled, they would not come out of it.

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by faithfull18(f): 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
Lol, do what works for you as long as God is pleased. This is to the women.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Chiquitq(f): 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

YUL informed his wife about his decision to take another wife, the wife is just a jealous person that doesn't want to share his man with any woman. For the fact that Yul wife commented in the post " God will judge you people" doesn't mean that the husband didn't informed him of his intention to take another, maybe she didn't agree, and majority of women wouldn't have subscribed to it.

What do you mean by saying the wife is just a jealous woman?
You are the type to be dreaming of making other people's husband's your own. Your life goal instead of focusing on your English. Might be you are from such background where sleeping with other people's husbands is condoned and sought after.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by MadamVanessa(f): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
pocohantas:

No generation has lived the best of time. As far as I know, Nollywood actors of those days on the average weren't poor in their time. Maybe they couldn't afford luxury cars at that time but how many Nigerians could afford one in that generation? The poor Nigerians are those who run from one neighborhood to another just to watch his movies on a black and white television.

How can a broadcaster in the civil service and actor in the 1980s come out to say that he was poor in that generation? So what then should a farmer or a teacher of that same generation say?

I'm not necessarily attributing anything to his first marriage but as far as I know, na everybody dey marry for selfish reasons so coming to disturb us all the time with "she suffered with him" or "she married him when he had nothing" narrative is nonsense in my opinion. Yul was the best man for her at that time so no need for the pity party. If she had a better option, she def wouldn't marry Yul.

When we paint the "suffer" narrative, we are indirectly saying that those who refuse to "suffer" or start from "grass to grace" with their spouses deserve bad treatments.

If Yul becomes the president tomorrow, I'm sure the next generation of Nairalanders will praise the new wife for starting from grass. Na so e dey be.

14 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by pocohantas(f): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

No generation has lived the best of time. As far as I know, Nollywood actors of those days on the average weren't poor in their time.

Somebody that knows them already told you they lived a basic life as kids of a civil servant. You still dey tear boxers and doing semantics. Acid REST!!!

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Chiquitq:
I don't blame Yul at all. I blame the hypocrites in our society. The so called second wife was having an affair with a married man and she has friends and relatives that were comfortable with it. I am sure there were women present when the bride price was paid. There would be friends who would continue to be her friends. None of the women in the above categories want such for themselves or their daughters. Even the thief called Mercy Aigbe made a pose that she would shoot whoever came for her husband.
It is this society that trivialises such vices. In the olden days, polygamy might have thrived but in modern society, it is betrayal and only condoned by shallow people.
The nature of man is so selfish. Even Yul would not allow his daughter to be a second wife if he had a daughter. He and Mercy Aigbe should be so cancelled, they would not come out of it.

Why do you want to cancel Mercy Aigbe when her husband's religion permits polygamy?

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
pocohantas:

Somebody that knows them already told you they lived a basic life as kids of a civil servant. You still dey tear boxers and doing semantics. Acid REST!!!

Na aspire to perspire people o, my dear. Make I show you Davido's grass to grace tweets? grin

7 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by pocohantas(f): 1:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

Na aspire to perspire people o, my dear. Make I show you Davido's grass to grace tweets? grin

Once again, someone that knows them to their house gave you their history. Give it a break.

Davido has never said he was from a poor home. He only said his father didn’t spoil them with luxurious things and encouraged them to have petty jobs as teenagers.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Saintmary(f): 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
cococandy:

I guess the point is that no matter what you do as a woman, a man that will treat you bad will treat you bad and you as a woman will be blamed for it. There’s no way to be a good woman. Not for Nigerian guys anyway. The olosho gold diggers are happily married and the good wives are being doormats.
It doesn’t matter if you’re independent or dependent.

But it helps to be independent because you can walk away. Imagine if she’s dependent on him for food and clothing and he’s doing all this? Na for gutter she for dey now

In this marriage game, there is no winning for the average Nigerian woman as far as men are concerned.

No matter how we spin the story, women are on their own.

Only the smart ones will survive. Only the smart.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Biglittlelois(f): 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
Moral lesson;

Being a good submissive wife doesn't guarantee anything, men will treat you really bad just to satisfy their selfish interest, take them serious at your own peril.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Biglittlelois(f): 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

It's like our feelings and well being truly do not matter to Naija men once they marry you. Marriage to a Nigerian man is becoming less and less attractive,

This.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Sterope(f): 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
There was NO money in the Nigerian film industry in the past. Things are just beginning to look better for a very few..

Acidosis:

If Yul, a son to a famous Nigerian actor, could be broke during his undergraduate years, so what then should we and many other Nigerian students say?

Yul definitely wasn't where he wanted to be at the time he got married. That's not the definition of being broke.

If Yul's dream of becoming Nigeria's president gets actualized tomorrow, he will come out again with stories about how his second wife agreed to marry him when he had "nothing."

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Saintmary(f): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

He has given us (women) a lot of food for thought. Me, I just can't get over the fact that he wasn't in love with May but had 4 kids with her. Why not stop after a boy and a girl?

The lack of a male child is not even the issue. If all his kids with May were female, I may reason that the quest for a male child drove his actions.

I know a woman who married as a virgin, at some point in her marriage she was treating herself for gonorrhea and she never cheated in that marriage. Her hubby cheated and infected her with it.

It's like our feelings and well being truly do not matter to Naija men once they marry you. Marriage to a Nigerian man is becoming less and less attractive, with the kind of stories you hear online and offline.

That is not to say men of other nationalities are any better, but kai our men are something else, extremely selfish and insensitive.

You need to put this your post on a large billboard and loud it very well so that the sufferhead 'virtuous women' with coconut head will see.

But no, they will chose to continue wasting themselves away over men who don't really give a flying toss about their future and well-being.

What matters most is our actions in real life though, not our noise on social media.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by pocohantas(f): 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Klass99:

If you talk now, they will start shouting “feminist, evening newspaper”, but give them 24hrs and they will show their true colours. They can fck any woman up. A supposed evil woman is even luckier. At least she knows they are capable of grave evil and is better positioned for impact.grin

Yenyenyen, men know the women to marry and the one to pump and dump. Indeed!!!

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
Sterope:
There was NO money in the Nigerian film industry in the past. Things are just beginning to look better for a very few..

There was no free money anywhere in the past but an acting MD of a broadcasting station and actor was nowhere close to a poor man in that generation.

Things have always looked better for him than the average Nigerian. At least, he had millions to secure his release in 2008 from kidnappers' den in Onitsha.

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by GloriousGbola: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
Sterope:

no money in entertainment for that matter.

dunno why acidosis is trying to rewrite a history we all lived through

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by descarado: 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

Yul definitely wasn't where he wanted to be at the time he got married. That's not the definition of being broke.

If Yul's dream of becoming Nigeria's president gets actualized tomorrow, he will come out again with stories about how his second wife agreed to marry him when he had "nothing."

Peter edochie was an average white collar man back in the days. Yul that his dad paid the dowry for him?

You know nothing about that family so zip it.

And yes, charity begins at home. Yul is from anambra. Anambra people frown on polygamy. Anambra is mostly Catholic. You are nothing if your local church don't recognise you.

Since you know too much, I will ask you to do your research on the owner of whiz oil.
Clue, he was once a billionaire. Has multiple wives and how he ended.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by descarado: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

There was no free money anywhere in the past but an acting MD of a broadcasting station and actor was nowhere close to a poor man in that generation.

Things have always looked better for him than the average Nigerian. At least, he had millions to secure his release in 2008 from kidnappers' den in Onitsha.
Seems you are subtly insulting Peter and his family.
I will not engage you again.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by descarado: 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
pocohantas:

Check his posts again and see what he is doing.
Hate two faced people like this with passion.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by descarado: 2:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
cococandy:
so he’s a liar? Because that’s his own words.

You’re something else. Bending yourself into a pretzel to avoid calling a spade a spade

He reminds me of one old moniker here that has deleted. No diff

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by Acidosis(m): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
descarado:

Peter edochie was an average white collar man back in the days. Yul that his dad paid the dowry for him?

You know nothing about that family so zip it.

And yes, charity begins at home. Yul is from anambra. Anambra people frown on polygamy. Anambra is mostly Catholic. You are nothing if your local church don't recognise you.

Since you know too much, I will ask you to do your research on the owner of whiz oil.
Clue, he was once a billionaire. Has multiple wives and how he ended.

Okay. Average white collar man?? So how's your opinion different from mine, exactly?

By the way, I'm surprised you had to bring tribe into this. Yul is not Kunle, Tunde, or Abiodun so there hasn't been any reason so far to lash out at any tribe. We all know what people like you would say if Yul was a Yoruba man.

So please zip it in too. I am not blaming Yul or any other Anambra man over what they choose to do with their gbola. He won't be the first and the last Igbo or Anambra man to cheat or get a second wife.

Being Catholic is also mostly by mouth. These day, people only bear Christian names and do whatever they want. When last did he attend a church service? Pesin wey no dey go church would probably not need his church for anything.

7 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by descarado: 2:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
Chiquitq:

What do you mean by saying the wife is just a jealous woman?
You are the type to be dreaming of making other people's husband's your own. Your life goal instead of focusing on your English. Might be you are from such background where sleeping with other people's husbands is condoned and sought after.
That's a guy with female moniker.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by DaniDani(m): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
dominique:

Nollywood actors were far from rich during Pete Edochie's era. He was famous alright but stupendously rich? Far from it. He may not even be earning up to 200k per movie at that point in time. Yul is one of his five or six kiddy, you think Pete was submitting his less than 200k paycheck in the hands of one of his youngest kids? Even if he was so rich when he married his wife, does that justify what he did to her?

You men think women's feelings are not to be considered then go ahead and expect loyalty and submission for the women you disregard so much. Thank God eyes don dey open, you people will continue to wail about how today's women no longer want to suffer like your mothers. In fact you never start to dey wail

You really surprised me with this comment; It's below my expectation of you. Let's go by your assertion; #200,000 during nollywood breakthrough period of 2001-2009 is a huge amount of money, and that was per movie if it was the case. Anyone earning that amount in that period is averagely rich and can afford the good things of life. If Pete Edochie is earning within that range, he is rich, and added with adverts of which he was a hot cake and with good investment decisions, he's surely rich. #200,000 then can get you a good plot of land in Lagos that goes above #80m currently. #200,000 then can finance many projects then that #10m can't finance currently. I have tried to avoid dabbling into argument about his choice of second wife, because we don't know what transpired behind closed doors. The argument that the first wife subtly walked her way into that marriage because of money and fame may be true or false. After all, women throw themselves to famous people especially those with money.

11 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women by descarado: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
Acidosis:

Okay. Average white collar man?? So how's your opinion different from mine, exactly?

By the way, I'm surprised you had to bring tribe into this. So far, Yul is not Kunle, Tunde, or Abiodun so there hasn't been any reason so far to lash out at any tribe. We all know what people like you would say if Yul was a Yoruba man.

So please zip it in too. I am not blaming Yul or any other Anambra man for what they choose to do with the gbola. He won't be the first and the last Igbo or Anambra man to cheat.
I brought his state not even tribe cos I know first hand how stuffs like this is handled in that state.
Did you see me speak about igbo here?
So what's your problem?
Since you know a lot, do a research on the name I provided from the same state and you are yarning dust.

Are you yoruba?
Why all the yoruba names or do we have only igbo and yoruba in Nigeria?
Please park well.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk / I Killed 2 Scorpions In My Room This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.