Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List (4058 Views)

Uk Student Visa Fees In Nigeria 2023 / University Of Ibadan Ranked Best In Nigeria - THE's University Rankings 2019 / NOUN Lists Requirements For Postgraduate Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by philiancoop(m): 11:25am On Apr 28, 2022
You may have wondered what exactly is required to get a student visa into the United Kingdom; and whether or not you have the requirements or can get them. One thing is for sure, 1 in every 5 Nigerians wants to relocate to the western world. Two things matter when it comes to relocating on a student visa: first, the financial requirement and the documents/professional/academic requirement.
The process begins with admission and ends in visa processing. The September 2022 intake is still ongoing.
So today, I’m giving you the professional and academic document requirements for getting a student visa. I will follow up with the financial requirements in the next post.

1. First Degree: If you are going to be enrolling in a Masters's program, you must generally have a 2.2 at least in your BSc in a relevant degree for your chosen course. Some courses or universities require a 2.1, especially for health and nursing courses. If you have a first-class, then that's better and you could easily apply for a fully-funded scholarship at some universities. Many people come to me to get scholarships in the UK for them and they have 2.2 with no money and I would wonder if that even happens in Nigeria and I don't know. There are people with 3rd class and HND, these guys can get an extended masters which costs about 3-5k pounds more with 3-6 months more time.

2. A’ Levels or WAEC: To undertake an undergraduate programme, you need A’levels to undergo the normal 3-year BSc or just WAEC plus a one-year foundation course making a 4-year BSc. For Masters degree students, you still may need a credit in WAEC English language to prove your English language proficiency for some universities.

3. Academic Transcript: This is for Masters degree candidates. You need to apply and get it from your university or polytechnic to apply for admission. It shows all the courses you took and your grades. This is used to determine if your undergraduate porgramme qualifies you for the Masters you’re applying for.

4. IELTS/ English proficiency test: this is the test that proves you understand and speak English well. To save our people the time, cost, and stress of IELTS, we let the school know that the undergraduate course was actually fully taught in the English language. They then request an official level from the Nigerian university to confirm this. At other times we use the credit in English language WAEC to prove this. And we get past it. For Undergraduates, you may need to write the IELTS if the school does not accept GCSE (WAEC).

5. SOP: The Statement of purpose is the course and university-specific essay you must provide about yourself and why you want that course in that school and in the UK.I always recommend you have an expert write this for you after you’ve had a discussion with them about yourself and your goals.

6. Academic CV: this is a CV but one that’s built with the course and academic purpose and format in mind. I recommend the europass CV style.

7. Passport: You may or may not need your international passport at the point of application, but you will eventually need one along the way. Get it as soon as possible.

8. Marriage certificate/Birth certificate: If you are going with your wife and children then you should be getting the certificates ready with pictures too. Like wedding pictures.

9. References: It's not everyone requires this, but let me add it here. Many times, the Univerity will email the referees directly to ask for a recommendation.

10. Tuberculosis test result: this is during the visa processing stage.

11. CAS /CAS NUMBER: This comes from the UK school and is just a part of the process

So guys, that’s about it. The September intake is on and applications are already on. The next intake is in January 2023, the year of the elections. Watch out for the next article on finance and budgeting.

2 Likes

Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by philiancoop(m): 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ask your questions below
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Ransom4real(m): 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Thanks for this information.So op, if i want to go for undergraduate i'll pick a jamb form first and process my uni stuff, before applying for undergraduate abroad?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by philiancoop(m): 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ransom4real:
Thanks for this information.So op, if i want to go for undergraduate i'll pick a jamb form first and process my uni stuff, before applying for undergraduate abroad?

Jamb for what? No o, no need for jamb. Just WAEC or A levels
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Ransom4real(m): 11:17am On Apr 29, 2022
philiancoop:

Jamb for what? No o, no need for jamb. Just WAEC or A levels
so since i have WEAC What next sir?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by philiancoop(m): 11:53am On Apr 29, 2022
Ransom4real:
so since i have WEAC What next sir?
Do you have the budget?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by adeleyeemmydex: 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
I have bsc accounting with 2.1, which scholarship is advicable to apply and the process in Uk
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by philiancoop(m): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
adeleyeemmydex:
I have bsc accounting with 2.1, which scholarship is advicable to apply and the process in Uk
You may not get a fully funded scholarships. But you have to get an admission offer first. Then you can know which scholarship or tuition discount you could use
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Emdee360: 6:00pm On May 15, 2022
philiancoop:
You may have wondered what exactly is required to get a student visa into the United Kingdom; and whether or not you have the requirements or can get them. One thing is for sure, 1 in every 5 Nigerians wants to relocate to the western world. Two things matter when it comes to relocating on a student visa: first, the financial requirement and the documents/professional/academic requirement.
The process begins with admission and ends in visa processing. The September 2022 intake is still ongoing.
So today, I’m giving you the professional and academic document requirements for getting a student visa. I will follow up with the financial requirements in the next post.

1. First Degree: If you are going to be enrolling in a Masters's program, you must generally have a 2.2 at least in your BSc in a relevant degree for your chosen course. Some courses or universities require a 2.1, especially for health and nursing courses. If you have a first-class, then that's better and you could easily apply for a fully-funded scholarship at some universities. Many people come to me to get scholarships in the UK for them and they have 2.2 with no money and I would wonder if that even happens in Nigeria and I don't know. There are people with 3rd class and HND, these guys can get an extended masters which costs about 3-5k pounds more with 3-6 months more time.

2. A’ Levels or WAEC: To undertake an undergraduate programme, you need A’levels to undergo the normal 3-year BSc or just WAEC plus a one-year foundation course making a 4-year BSc. For Masters degree students, you still may need a credit in WAEC English language to prove your English language proficiency for some universities.

3. Academic Transcript: This is for Masters degree candidates. You need to apply and get it from your university or polytechnic to apply for admission. It shows all the courses you took and your grades. This is used to determine if your undergraduate porgramme qualifies you for the Masters you’re applying for.

4. IELTS/ English proficiency test: this is the test that proves you understand and speak English well. To save our people the time, cost, and stress of IELTS, we let the school know that the undergraduate course was actually fully taught in the English language. They then request an official level from the Nigerian university to confirm this. At other times we use the credit in English language WAEC to prove this. And we get past it. For Undergraduates, you may need to write the IELTS if the school does not accept GCSE (WAEC).

5. SOP: The Statement of purpose is the course and university-specific essay you must provide about yourself and why you want that course in that school and in the UK.I always recommend you have an expert write this for you after you’ve had a discussion with them about yourself and your goals.

6. Academic CV: this is a CV but one that’s built with the course and academic purpose and format in mind. I recommend the europass CV style.

7. Passport: You may or may not need your international passport at the point of application, but you will eventually need one along the way. Get it as soon as possible.

8. Marriage certificate/Birth certificate: If you are going with your wife and children then you should be getting the certificates ready with pictures too. Like wedding pictures.

9. References: It's not everyone requires this, but let me add it here. Many times, the Univerity will email the referees directly to ask for a recommendation.

11. CAS /CAS NUMBER: This comes from the UK school and is just a part of the process

So guys, that’s about it. The September intake is on and applications are already on. The next intake is in January 2023, the year of the elections. Watch out for the next article on finance and budgeting.

Good afternoon, please can someone who graduated in agricultural science apply for masters in management or food science?

And is it possible to come back after six month to pick up our child?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by philiancoop(m): 8:13am On May 16, 2022
[quote author=Emdee360 post=112862509][/quote]
Yes on both accounts
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by ceragon123: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
Op thank you so much.

Can Neco with C6 in English and D7 in Maths get admissions for MSc?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Chrystolite: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
The days of birth on my waec result and transcript is Different from the one on my passport, can I back it up with an affidavit? Do I have to submit my transcript for visa application? I am confused, and I want to be sure before I start the process.
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Chrystolite: 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2022
The date of birth on my waec result and transcript is Different from the one on my passport, can I back it up with an affidavit? Do I have to submit my transcript for visa application? I am confused, and I want to be sure before I start the process.
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Zino89: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
philiancoop:

Thanks for the info
The undergraduate program does it cover family?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by philiancoop(m): 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
Zino89:

Thanks for the info
No
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by upnation90: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
With family, what's the budget for Ph.D pls?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Zino89: 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2022
philiancoop:

No

Thanks
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Creeknigga(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2022
Chrystolite:
The date of birth on my waec result and transcript is Different from the one on my passport, can I back it up with an affidavit? Do I have to submit my transcript for visa application? I am confused, and I want to be sure before I start the process.
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Immutable: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2022
The date of birth on my WAEC is different from the one on my Passport.

Please any possible solution?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Immutable: 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2022
I want to apply for Economics or Business management in 5 UK universities through UCAS but during my WAEC(2019). I wrote;

English
Maths
CRS
Biology
Lit in English
Government
Civic
Data processing

Is there possible chance of being offered admission in Economics or Business management?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Immutable: 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
philiancoop:
Ask your questions below

I want to apply for Economics or Business management in 5 UK universities through UCAS but during my WAEC(2019). I wrote;

English
Maths
CRS
Biology
Lit in English
Government
Civic
Data processing

Is there possible chance of being offered admission in Economics or Business management?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Sanjay27: 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2022
Any one going to University of Hull with dependent please let's link up so we can talk on accommodation. Thanks.
You can email me. Layinkx@gmail.com
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by philiancoop(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
Zino89:

Thanks for the info
No
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by annisy(f): 5:38am On Nov 19, 2022
Were you able to resolve this issue if yesd how did you about it. I am having the same issue [quote author=Creeknigga post=116269550][/quote]
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by annisy(f): 5:39am On Nov 19, 2022
Chrystolite:
The days of birth on my waec result and transcript is Different from the one on my passport, can I back it up with an affidavit? Do I have to submit my transcript for visa application? I am confused, and I want to be sure before I start the process.
Were you able to resolve this issue, if yes please how did you go about it. I am having the same issue. Thanks
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Winnerpoks: 11:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hi, I'll like to know if it's compulsory I submit my original waec results or I can just submit the printout? And must I also pass maths in WAEC when going for Masters program.

philiancoop:

Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by orlaarmi: 7:17am On Dec 13, 2022
Nice breakdown, well done. There is also no harm in getting help though. You can reach out pavehq.com to search and apply to affordable universities around the world. UK is getting oversaturated now. Other countries are seeking immigrants. So, use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Glodmovick(m): 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2023
Chrystolite:

You're joking with 10 years ban .... Fix it. .. we can have a personal chat if you don't mind ... I wish to fix mine too so I'm still on chill

1 Like

Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Glodmovick(m): 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2023
annisy:
Were you able to resolve this issue, if yes please how did you go about it. I am having the same issue. Thanks

We're you able to fix yours if yes how ... Pls
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Goodyray: 7:45am On Feb 09, 2023
Good day, please I'm a 3rd class holder. Which of the schools in UK accept 3rd class?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Iggyok(m): 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
Glodmovick:

You're joking with 10 years ban .... Fix it. .. we can have a personal chat if you don't mind ... I wish to fix mine too so I'm still on chill

How was it? Did you get it fixed?
Re: Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List by Glodmovick(m): 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
Iggyok:

How was it? Did you get it fixed?

Forget it bro .. and I mean it .. I've been to WAEC office both ogba and Yaba ... It's impossible I've collected my certificates .. go and use affidavit to suffice the error.... Good luck

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan, Distance Learning Programme / Throwback: Do You Remember This Television / Which Mathematics Textbook(s) Is The Best For Engineering Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.