Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria (16906 Views)

Late Deborah Samuel's Siblings Registered In New School (Photos) / Ban: Twitter Meets Conditions / A Nairalander take on #Twitter Ban: President Buhari Goofed On The Twitter Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
This was a key government demand to end its ban.
Twitter says it has "established a legal entity in Nigeria", months after the social media firm agreed to conditions set out by the government for its service to be restored in the country.

Nigeria suspended the microblogging site last June after a tweet by President Muhammadu Buhari, that referenced the civil war, was deleted.

Twitter had said the post violated its rules; the government accused the company of taking sides.

The seven-month ban was lifted in January after Twitter agreed to various conditions, one of which was that it register in Nigeria before March.

A Twitter representative confirmed to the BBC that the company now had a legal presence in Nigeria but did not state when this had happened.

The company also told the BBC that it was complying with tax obligations in Nigeria, as it does globally.

Last year, Twitter announced that it was opening its African headquarters in Ghana and has since filled advertised roles.

The company has been in the news recently after its board agreed to a $44bn (£34.5bn) takeover offer from the billionaire Elon Musk.
Source :https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-africa-60803142?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by WhizdomXX(m): 11:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
Interesting. Elon you're my Hero. Congrats on my ftc.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by Cheq40: 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
DOUBLE CONGRAT TO ELON M... if u know u know

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by id4sho(m): 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by Parachoko: 12:03am On Apr 29, 2022
Bad news for haters of Nigeria.

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by colorsofrainbow: 12:13am On Apr 29, 2022
Parachoko:

Where did it register,lover of Nigeria?
Just name it. Paid lies

122 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by nzeobi(m): 12:17am On Apr 29, 2022
Parachoko:

How much have they paid in tax and where is their office located in Nigeria

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by LeoDeKing: 12:19am On Apr 29, 2022
I trust ipob pigs.

The other day, they were grunting that tweeter never succumbed to fg govt demand and Buhari lied.

They will now either change the narrative or simply call it fake news.

2nd Niger Bridge thing still dey make me laugh.

First, Buhari was merely using the Bridge to get vote.

Later, work on the Bridge will stop very soon.

Now, na him papa money he dey use construct the bridge?

And, he was building it because of his fulani herdsmen.

Funny thing is that this is how 98% of them reason and talk. cheesy

119 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 29, 2022
colorsofrainbow:

Where did it register,lover of Nigeria?
Just name it. Paid lies
We go Laugh you las las grin grin cheesy

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by chukwuibuipob: 6:28am On Apr 29, 2022
cool
Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by Profayo: 6:30am On Apr 29, 2022
Where did they see this news o
I clicked on the link, couldn't find it

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by temitope27(m): 6:30am On Apr 29, 2022
Ok, we are watching
Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by stano2(m): 6:30am On Apr 29, 2022
Ok... Observing.
When this government says Good morning, you need to check well before believing

8 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by Kellie069(m): 6:30am On Apr 29, 2022
Alright
Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by Realists(m): 6:30am On Apr 29, 2022
Parachoko:

Wailing wailers will come for you. These merchants of bad & evil news only have erection & orgasm, when they hear bad news & unfortunate events about Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by EnglandAmaka(f): 6:30am On Apr 29, 2022
What's this I am hearing about bestiality market in Lekki Lagos?

This generation has no boundary at all. The Ewedu miscreants like LeoDeking the undisputed champion of South West skull mining business and his irks will have the answer.

Stop Skull mining LeoDeking

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by EnglandAmaka(f): 6:31am On Apr 29, 2022
Profayo:
B

For ball
Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by iCauseTrouble: 6:31am On Apr 29, 2022
angry
Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by davidupdate89: 6:32am On Apr 29, 2022
This is unimportant now.

Issue on ground is people's future wives fucking digs.

Spits!

Somebody wake me up.
Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by Drsnives(m): 6:32am On Apr 29, 2022
What's my business
Fk Twitter
Fk nairaland
Fk the mod
Fk pee pee baba
Fk bullhari
.. and if you wana get down with them then
Fk you too

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by unclejb2(m): 6:32am On Apr 29, 2022
They should quickly go and obtain APC nomination form for presidential election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by Mokason288(m): 6:33am On Apr 29, 2022
angry
Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by BrickDevo: 6:33am On Apr 29, 2022
Okay
Design and build with me, affordable and reliable

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by mimon: 6:33am On Apr 29, 2022
Long overdue

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by ekukeku(m): 6:33am On Apr 29, 2022
Beliver:
Must everything be turned to tribal war on nl?

I'm somehow tired, even in football too, dey will just find a way to squeeze dat tribal tins, I don't know deir gain o

8 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by EnglandAmaka(f): 6:34am On Apr 29, 2022
LeoDeKing:
I trust ipob pigs.

The other day, they were grunting that tweeter never succumbed to fg govt demand and Buhari lied.

They will now either change the narrative or simply call it fake news.

2nd Niger Bridge thing still dey make me laugh.

First, Buhari was merely using the Bridge to get vote.

Later, work on the Bridge will stop very soon.

Now, na him papa he dey use construct the bridge?

And, he was building it because of his fulani herdsmen.

Funny thing is that this is how 98% of them reason and talk. cheesy

As idiotic as the thiefnibu the slowpoke he's supporting. Tueh to your generation. Ranting because of your grandfather's age mate. Ewu Gambia. Ewedu miscreants.

LeoDeking the useless headslamer

Ima kwa onye m bu?.....

Nwoke na apu oku...

Help me shout,, LeoDeking is a pig!!!

Stop Skull mining LeoDeking

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: Twitter Confirms It Has Registered In Nigeria by naptu2: 6:34am On Apr 29, 2022
Profayo:
Where did they see this news o
I clicked on the link, couldn't find it

https://twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/1519753066362384386

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Naval Base In Oguta, Imo State / Governor Ortom's Convoy Accident: 2 Lawmakers, Supporters Injured (photo) / Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.