Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi (18678 Views)

In 2013, NEF Clamoured For Power Shift To North But Today Says Zoning Is ‘Dead’ / Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency / 2023 Presidency: Bashir Tofa 'Zoning Is Dead In Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by powerfulguy: 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Aspirants, Gov. Udom Emmanuel of Akwa-Ibom and former Governor of Anambra, Mr Peter Obi say the decision of the party regarding zoning is supreme.

Both PDP chieftains say the party’s decision on zoning of political offices would be obeyed by all aspirants, once it is announced.

The aspirants stated this while speaking with newsmen in Abuja on Friday immediately after their screening by the PDP Presidential Screening Committee, chaired by former Senate President David Mark.

Fielding question on recent decision of the Southern governors that the presidency should be zoned to the South while it seemed the party was saying otherwise, Emmanuel said that “party is supreme.”

“Party is supreme, if the party has spoken we will all abide by what the party says,” he said.

Emmanuel added that the delegates to the party’s national convention would determine who would emerge as the party’s presidential candidate for the 2023 elections.

The governor also said that he did not foresee any problem arising at the party primaries for presidential elections because of the 17 aspirants contesting the party’s ticket.

“If there were not many aspirants, I would have been worried. Honestly, that is where it would have been boring.

“You see this as a new spirit, a new wave of PDP, where everybody is allowed to express himself or herself.

Read Also: BREAKING: PDP disqualifies two presidential aspirants
“So allow us to express ourselves on that day at wherever the venue will be.

“I think the delegates will determine who will rescue and restore this country.

“But trust me, whoever they will bring up as the candidate of the party will be one of the best that this country has ever produced, because look at the people that we are parading, who are aspirants.

“I think it is just one of the best that we are waiting for,” Emmanuel added.

The governor, who said all the PDP presidential aspirants were eminently qualified to emerge PDP candidate, however, said that all factors were working in his favour.

“I want to believe that so many things are to my own advantage.

“Because if you look at my antecedents, my training, my capacity and above all, I think, age is also on my side, because the problem with Nigeria today needs a very strong, agile young man.

“All around, I think so many factors are in my favour and that will be decided by the electorate on the primaries,” he said.

On his part, Obi said that the party had the final say on issue of zoning but should care about what Nigerians are saying or looking for.

Obi said that the party should be concerned about how to create a future for the teeming unemployed Nigerian youth and pulling Nigerians out of hunger.

“The party has the final say. I can’t have a thought; I’m a member of a party. If the party members say this is where they want the party to go, if you’re a member of an organisation, you respect that organisation.

“That is why I said, whatever we do, the most critical thing is what we must do to pull Nigerians out of poverty and create a future for teeming unemployed youths of Nigeria.

“We must change our polity and change to what other nations are doing and that is building a better nation for their people.

“We cannot go on around things that are yesterday. Let’s think about tomorrow. How come that a great nation such as Nigeria is not doing well? Simple: Changing from consumption to production.”

Obi, who also commended the screening process, said the delegates would be the ones to determine who emerged the party’s candidate.

“My chance is just for the delegates to decide. I’m not going to impose myself on them.

“My chance is for the delegates to reflect on the nation and decide what we should do to guarantee a future for our young ones.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/presidency-party-decision-on-zoning-is-supreme-emmanuel-obi/
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Golan007: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2022
Obi is viciously fighting for the VP ticket.

1200 Likes 111 Shares

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Realists(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
Gun shots fired against the minority by the majority stakeholders. Slaves must obey their slaves masters. Atikulation is mandatory on wailing wailers.

725 Likes 93 Shares

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by MartinCorridon: 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
grin

For Fita Obey....Mission Impossible.

How can he beat Saraki...Tambuwal or Atiku?

He is already conceding. Would blame it on PDP that his people have asslicked for 20 good years without no reward. grin

567 Likes 70 Shares

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by WhizdomXX(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
Atiku and Tambuwal have been disqualified.

8 Likes

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Abigirlsuen: 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
Way to go
Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by George2164(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
Vote credibility and leave party. Let us get it right for once

8 Likes

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by TheSupleemLeada(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nyamiris and ohanaeze can stop barking at tinubu about equity and fairness.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by MartinCorridon: 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Cpossibility(m): 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
undecided
Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Bamzyriches451: 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
Go go PDP.... Kick them APC sorry ass

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by SeeItSayIt: 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
Should be to you politicians but our decision as voters is more supreme.

Power to the people!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by MartinCorridon: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Golan007:

Atiku would have stood a chance with SW or SS Vice President in 2019.

He will not even consider Peter Obi as his houseboy now.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Ultimas: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Expectedly, the party is supreme. However, the party must be fair to all to avoid unnecessary wranglings or litigation.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by datola: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Atiku will get the ticket at the end of the day and most likely Obi VP

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Sanouytrewqa: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ok

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Skillsnigeria: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Vision-less country
Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by sapele914(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Abigirlsuen:
Way to go
Abubakar Atiku is the winner, don’t say I did not tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Lemmy123(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Let the man of the people win...
Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by FutureIsFemale(f): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
This is our only hope. The only one that can deliver Nigeria.

The rest our coming to steal what's left in Nigeria's purse.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by specialmati(m): 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2022
angry angry angry
Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Emekaonline: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2022
Golan007:

Obi, the Pandora himself. Hahahahaha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Pharaoh94(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
E go shock Una when Obi is announced. Even OBJ has mandated that he is given the ticket.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Lemmy123(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
FutureIsFemale:

Funny how your signature ended up saying FEMALE RAPIST... I almost believed that's what you are because those were the two things I first saw, thanks to your yellow highlight grin
Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Bar1941(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
If Obi and the likes think PDP can zone presidency to their region, he must be joking. PDP will still produce a northern presidency.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by Utycar: 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://thenationonlineng.net/presidency-party-decision-on-zoning-is-supreme-emmanuel-obi/
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Udom na criminal oo who has wasted Akwa Ibom resources without no achievement. He promised us industries where our youth will be working but, I can tell u non is working and currently recruiting even 50 staff's. So he is a scam

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: Party Decision On Zoning Is Supreme - Udom Emmanuel, Peter Obi by FutureIsFemale(f): 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2022
Lemmy123:

Funny how your signature ended up saying FEMALE RAPIST... I almost believed that's what you are because those were the two things I first saw, thanks to your yellow highlight grin
I like the fact that you used the words "saw first".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC / Anxiety As INEC Closes Nomination For Presidential, NASS Elections / We Want Christian Court — Bauchi CAN Tells Constitution Review Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.