Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,334 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice (2579 Views)

I Want To Buy Ford Escape 2008 I Need Review / HELP Ford Edge 2008,toyota Highlander 2003, Or Acura Mdx 2005 / The New 2019 Ford Edge Unveiled In Nigeria By Coscharis Motors (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by SmartJide: 5:09am On Apr 30, 2022
I want to buy ford edge 2008

But the only review I could see about it on Nairaland are as far back as 2015

And the complaints then were

1)Parts not readily available in Nigeria

2) Transmission problem

3)Mechanics not easily able to fix it when it has problems

But since 2015 is 7 years ago, I feel most of these things might have changed now

So, I went ahead to ask 2 people presently using it, they said they've been enjoying it and that I should just make sure I stick with the same engine oil I use from it from the beginning

But I need more people's comment/review about it

Lastly, if you are advicing me not to go for it.

Which other SUV or high profile car (cos of bad roads and my stature, lol) will you suggest for me

Budget is 3.5m max

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by DaInferno(m): 7:53am On Apr 30, 2022
SmartJide:

2) Transmission problem

But since 2015 is 7 years ago, I feel most of these things might have changed now

So, I went ahead to ask 2 people presently using it, they said they've been enjoying it and that I should just make sure I stick with the same engine oil I use from it from the beginning

Which other SUV or high profile car (cos of bad roads and my stature, lol) will you suggest for me

Budget is 3.5m max
have one at my car stand...all wheel drive v6. Red color. Its got loads of power. You don't have to worry about malfunctions...cars all about maintenance

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by mabea: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2022
This thread is for me. Where are the gurus?
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by mabea: 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2022
DaInferno:
have one at my car stand...all wheel drive v6. Red color. Its got loads of power. You don't have to worry about malfunctions...cars all about maintenance
What about mechanics?
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by DaInferno(m): 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2022
mabea:
What about mechanics?
omo, you see the car on the streets don't you?

Buy it, the mechanism is not that complicated. It's not like it's a modern car with loads of electric stuffs and shi...buy n muive
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by mabea: 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2022
DaInferno:
omo, you see the car on the streets don't you?

Buy it, the mechanism is not that complicated. It's not like it's a modern car with loads of electric stuffs and shi...buy n muive
Thanks bro.
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by Kirkman: 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2022
The Toyota geng will soon be here to scatter this thread.. grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by HenryWilliams(m): 8:10am On May 01, 2022
The vehicle is a powerhouse. It is a beautiful car to own and drive but it cones at a cost.
1. Service Parts are very expensive compared to other vehicles in same category
2. Maintenance regimen must be strictly adhered. You fail that, the car will malfunction quickly than you can say Jack Robinson.
3. Body parts are bloody cost..
4. Motorcraft oil or nothing else . Very expensive.
5. It's a FORD (Found On Road Dead).
Please spare your wallet and your sanity..
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by oride: 5:02pm On May 01, 2022
Buy if you are in Lagos but get only trusted hands like Gazzuzz to maintain it. Elsewhere buy a Volvo XC90, 2007 Honda Pilot/Acura MDX or a 2009 Hyundai Tucson 2.0L (avoid the v6).
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by ericuzor(m): 7:39pm On May 01, 2022
SmartJide:

2) Transmission problem

Budget is 3.5m max
my ford edge 2009 dealt with me I had to sell it, over heating every time.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by sultaan(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2022
ericuzor:
my ford edge 2009 dealt with me I had to sell it, over heating every time.

Your ignorance comes to play here where you can't explain over heating and which part failed

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by SmartJide: 12:17pm On May 02, 2022
DaInferno:

How much last?
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by SmartJide: 12:19pm On May 02, 2022
HenryWilliams:
The vehicle is a powerhouse. It is a beautiful car to own and drive but it cones at a cost.
1. Service Parts are very expensive compared to other vehicles in same category
2. Maintenance regimen must be strictly adhered. You fail that, the car will malfunction quickly than you can say Jack Robinson.
3. Body parts are bloody cost..
4. Motorcraft oil or nothing else . Very expensive.
5. It's a FORD (Found On Road Dead).
Please spare your wallet and your sanity..

Hmmmmmmmnnnn. Expensive is relative.

The engine I saw online is around 500k-700k

That's not too much for a car of that value

Or what parts would you point out as expensive?
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by DaInferno(m): 12:19pm On May 02, 2022
SmartJide:

How much last?
/2348067807101 direct Belgium and it goes for 4.5m
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by ericuzor(m): 6:54pm On May 02, 2022
sultaan:

Your ignorance comes to play here where you can't explain over heating and which part failed
with a blown head gasket twice and dropping engine for repairs and you come online and say it's ignorance on my part that's very stupid of you because this car is problematic and it's a factory fault, you don't know me just don't jump on my comment and say ignorance stupid of you..
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by sultaan(m): 12:20am On May 04, 2022
ericuzor:
with a blown head gasket twice and dropping engine for repairs and you come online and say it's ignorance on my part that's very stupid of you because this car is problematic and it's a factory fault, you don't know me just don't jump on my comment and say ignorance stupid of you..

I am sure you could see what I said as being ignorant and stupid but I am not the one who had to fix his engine twice and had no idea what happened.
If I blew a head gasket twice I should know what I am doing wrong.Uou will have to run a car at over 250f for a while with all the warning lights bleeping for such to happen twice. Which means you are not well informed about cars

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by ericuzor(m): 10:39am On May 04, 2022
sultaan:

I am sure you could see what I said as being ignorant and stupid but I am not the one who had to fix his engine twice and had no idea what happened.
If I blew a head gasket twice I should know what I am doing wrong.Uou will have to run a car at over 250f for a while with all the warning lights bleeping for such to happen twice. Which means you are not well informed about cars
fact is that car is problematic if you say am not well informed about cars why has my touareg 2016 and RAV4 2019 stil working perfectly fine without any overheating issues and stress.. ford edge from 2007 to 2011 have issues if am to buy any ford it will be from 2018 model up
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by SmartJide: 12:27pm On May 04, 2022
ericuzor:
fact is that car is problematic if you say am not well informed about cars why has my touareg 2016 and RAV4 2019 stil working perfectly fine without any overheating issues and stress.. ford edge from 2007 to 2011 have issues if am to buy any ford it will be from 2018 model up

Kaiiiiiiiii. Do you have any other suggestion for an suv with a budget of 3.5m?
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by 2felix(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2022
SmartJide:

2) Transmission problem

Budget is 3.5m max

Buy
Volvo XC90 and know peace
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by ericuzor(m): 1:14pm On May 04, 2022
SmartJide:

Kaiiiiiiiii. Do you have any other suggestion for an suv with a budget of 3.5m?
3.5m can get a a clean 2008/2009 highlander Nigeria used..
Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by sultaan(m): 6:57pm On May 08, 2022
ericuzor:

I will have to wait until 2030-2033 to answer that question unbiased. The idea of comparing a 2016 to 2007 is not fair.

The Edge is not perfect, but it outsold Venza and Crosstour they had to discontinue both.

The car had a defective water pump that can leak into the engine if not detected in time.

That is the major problem, and if you inspect your car regularly you will catch it before it is a problem.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice by ehmmy11(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2022
ericuzor:

Lol sorry for your ordeal boss man ... Ford put the water pump inside the engine werey design a cheap part like that can cost you thousands and thousands

Only way to change it is to open engine

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Murano Vs Ford Edge Vs Rx330 / Pls How Do I Get A Good/experienced Car Upholstry In Lagos / I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.