Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider (2571 Views)

2006 Toyota Camry Or 2007 Honda Accord / Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One / This Camry Was Stolen This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by TheRealGEJ: 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
Fellow nairalander I need your help on this decision. I've been using a 2006 Toyota Corolla since last year, no single issue as the car is a good an reliable car but very boring, and too light. So I just sold off last week to get a Camry 2.4. But just yesterday a friend introduced me to a dealer who has a Nigerian used Camry 2007 for sale at a price of 750 with an engine issue. I tested the car but the engine is weak and he adviced I'll have to change the change. I told him I'll get back to him tomorrow. The car has been resprayed but has a neat interior. From where it has been parked, you can see that it's been there like that for 2 or 3 months. The interior is okay and neat. My question is one, is the price a good bargain? And secondly after changing the engine, is there anything to be weary about ?
Engineers in the house please I need your help

Oga GAZZUZZ, Ikenna351, Siena
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by kingreign(m): 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
TheRealGEJ:
Fellow nairalander I need your help on this decision. I've been using a 2006 Toyota Corolla since last year, no single issue as the car is a good an reliable car but very boring, and too light. So I just sold off last week to get a Camry 2.4. But just yesterday a friend introduced me to a dealer who has a Nigerian used Camry 2007 for sale at a price of 750 with an engine issue. I tested the car but the engine is weak and he adviced I'll have to change the change. I told him I'll get back to him tomorrow. The car has been resprayed but has a neat interior. From where it has been parked, you can see that it's been there like that for 2 or 3 months. The interior is okay and neat. My question is one, is the price a good bargain? And secondly after changing the engine, is there anything to be weary about ?

Don't be greedy, go buy your 2.4 Camry big daddy.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by Trafford(m): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
kingreign:

Don't be greedy, go buy your 2.4 Camry bug daddy.

Hehehe... I won't say it's greed, it's called weighing your options. I stay in delta and I've see some very crazy deals. Like spider been sold for 900k, lexus and evil spirit. But then it's all about being in the know. As for the Op you didn't tell us if it's a 4plug or V6 engine. But my worry is, for the dealer to sell 750k, then obviously the owner is selling 650 or 700K. Is the car really clean and not accident ed car, why didn't the owner replace the engine and make more profit. There is something they're not telling you

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by TheRealGEJ: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
It's a 4 plug engine
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by nurey(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
just make sure its not a 4 plug hybrid engine to avoid stories that touch. A Nigerian used clean one goes for around 1.5m depending on year, trim and gizmo so do your due deligence, price engine, remove the money, check transmission, make sure its top notch. If you "Nogere pereh" we will be awaiting your help needed thread. Peace grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by kingreign(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
nurey:
just make sure its not a 4 plug hybrid engine to avoid stories that touch. A Nigerian used clean one goes for around 1.5m depending on year, trim and gizmo so do your due deligence, price engine, remove the money, check transmission, make sure its top notch. If you "Nogere pereh" we will be awaiting your help needed thread. Peace grin
We'd just tell him, 'Just negudu there'! grin
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by nurey(m): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
kingreign:

We'd just tell him, 'Just negudu there'! grin

if nah hybrid and the guy just buy am, well food don done for you be that, nah to dey use chop stick chop AMALA[i][/i] grin
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by TheRealGEJ: 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
nurey:

Thanks for your contribution. I really appreciate. It's not hybrid, just an LE. Engine is 200K, the gear is very okay and the car drives with that bad engine only that it has a knocking sound hence the dealer told me I'll need a new engine
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by Trafford(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
nurey:

What is wrong with hybrid? Why are Nigerians running from it, well that's a discussion for another day. Nigerian use for 2007 is less than 1.5 unless you're talking about 2009/2010

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
TheRealGEJ:

engine is 250k, installation about 30k, logistics for moving engine to workshop about 5k, engine oil (synthetic) 5quartz (mobil 5w30 usa) 15k oil filter OEM 3,500 total over 300k.

No one will sell a toks 2AZ-FE engine less than 250k unless there is somthing wrong with the engine or if it is a 1AZ-FE rebadged to look like a 2AZ-FE engine.

Meanwhile, if you have already bought the car, we can strike a deal, I have a fine 2AZ-FE engine for sale. 10,000km guarantee or 3months which ever comes first, (provided you follow certain laid down conditions).

Whatsapp 08033910382

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by Emekayoung(m): 1:02am On Jul 09, 2016
Give it a trial if every other thing is in place,i think the engine shuld be 200k or so. Uses d same 4 cylinder engine wit big daddy also.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by nurey(m): 6:10am On Jul 09, 2016
Trafford:

What is wrong with hybrid? Why are Nigerians running from it, well that's a discussion for another day. Nigerian use for 2007 is less than 1.5 unless you're talking about 2009/2010

Nothing is wrong with hybrid, it's just a complicated engineering setup, that can only be worked on/fixed by an hybrid expert.

Nigerians aren't running away from it, I have seen hybrid really common on our roads civic, prius, ford escape, camry, accord, highlander just to mention a few.

Since dollar has increased prices of hot cake cars have gone up including Nigerian used, the most outrageous is golf 3 used selling for 400 to 500k. Also remember a lot of things determine car price in Nigeria.
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by TheRealGEJ: 10:38am On Jul 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

engine is 250k, installation about 30k, logistics for moving engine to workshop about 5k, engine oil (synthetic) 5quartz (mobil 5w30 usa) 15k oil filter OEM 3,500 total over 300k.

No one will sell a toks 2AZ-FE engine less than 250k unless there is somthing wrong with the engine or if it is a 1AZ-FE rebadged to look like a 2AZ-FE engine.

Meanwhile, if you have already bought the car, we can strike a deal, I have a fine 2AZ-FE engine for sale. 10,000km guarantee or 3months which ever comes first, (provided you follow certain laid down conditions).

Whatsapp 08033910382

No I'm yet to buy it, I'm just weighing my options if it's a good deal. So should I buy it?
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by Inception(m): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Whatsapp 08033910382
Bros do you have the compressor that follows this engine(the automatic one), grade one, low mileage?

and i still dey on standby for that thing wey i dey find o grin
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by TheRealGEJ: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2016
Emekayoung:
Give it a trial if every other thing is in place,i think the engine shuld be 200k or so. Uses d same 4 cylinder engine wit big daddy also.

Alright, I'll go for it then. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2016
Inception:

Bros do you have the compressor that follows this engine(the automatic one), grade one, low mileage?

and i still dey on standby for that thing wey i dey find o grin

the compressor that came with this is the manual clutch type, a nairalander has booked it, if he does not redeem after a month then I can sell it.
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by Trafford(m): 11:24am On Jul 09, 2016
nurey:

Nothing is wrong with hybrid, it's just a complicated engineering setup, that can only be worked on/fixed by an hybrid expert.

Nigerians aren't running away from it, I have seen hybrid really common on our roads civic, prius, ford escape, camry, accord, highlander just to mention a few.

Since dollar has increased prices of hot cake cars have gone up including Nigerian used, the most outrageous is golf 3 used selling for 400 to 500k. Also remember a lot of things determine car price in Nigeria.

Alright, I get your point. @OP if the body is clean,buy it. Getting a 2007 camry will cost you nothing less than 1.1m. 750K for a car without an engine is not a bad deal if the car is clean
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by Readonee35L(m): 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Whatsapp 08033910382
Na You dm suppose call Car~Doctor
Re: I Need Help With This Camry Decision; Camry 2.4 or 2007 Camry spider by ndidibabe(f): 6:42am On Mar 08, 2020
TheRealGEJ:

Did you buy the car? What was your experience changing the engine.

(1) (Reply)

Bought Bad Engine In Ladipo / Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting / Top 10 Of The Most Reliable Cars 2018. You wont believe #1 and #4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.