Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,255 members, 7,836,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Urgent Reply! Passport In Uk Embassy. Usa Visa Appointment Few Days - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Reply! Passport In Uk Embassy. Usa Visa Appointment Few Days (1548 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Reply! Passport In Uk Embassy. Usa Visa Appointment Few Days by damola1: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2011
Good day.

I have an appointment at the US embassy on Thursday, whereas I applied for the UK visa since July 1st, and haven't received a confirmation to pick up my passport back yet. I am very hopeful I could pick up the passport before Thursday, July 14th, however anything can happen.

I will like your advise on the best way forward to manage the situation, I have a photocopy of my passport photopage, This is URGENT and will appreciate your kind response.

Thanks.

D.
Re: Urgent Reply! Passport In Uk Embassy. Usa Visa Appointment Few Days by Fogman(m): 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2011
I am afraid you made a great mistake by not submitting your passport at UK High Comm before 1st July. From my experience it take 15 working days for the visa to be process. My sib submited since 25th June and hers is not out yet. I pray miracle happens in your case. Goog luck
Re: Urgent Reply! Passport In Uk Embassy. Usa Visa Appointment Few Days by damola1: 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2011
Thank you. However, Is it possible to go to the US embassy without the passport or a copy of the original photopage? Or possibly shift the date forward, considering been waiting for this appointment since May.
Re: Urgent Reply! Passport In Uk Embassy. Usa Visa Appointment Few Days by denitro(m): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2011
damola1:

Or possibly shift the date forward, considering been waiting for this appointment since May.

Yes. You can have your date shifted. search on the US embassy website for the consular email and
send them an email stating your reason why you want your date shifted. They will response back.
I had my appointment date changed when I recieve an appointment date that would have made me
miss a conference.
I sent them a detailed email explaining my reason and after 24 hours got a reply giving me a
new appointment date
Good luck
Re: Urgent Reply! Passport In Uk Embassy. Usa Visa Appointment Few Days by damola1: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. I will email them Tomorrow evening if I do not get the passport by Monday, however, the date you got, how far was it from the earlier date?
Re: Urgent Reply! Passport In Uk Embassy. Usa Visa Appointment Few Days by denitro(m): 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2011
2 days
Re: Urgent Reply! Passport In Uk Embassy. Usa Visa Appointment Few Days by Fogman(m): 6:45am On Jul 11, 2011
damola1:

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will email them Tomorrow evening if I do not get the passport by Monday, however, the date you got, how far was it from the earlier date?

In your email, inform them when it will be convenient for you to attend the interview. Also if your trip to US is for a program, pls take its date into consideration too. Try and be flexible when give them a date.

(1) (Reply)

Abakaliki At Night(more Lovely Than People Think) / Top 10 Countries To Migrate – For IT Professionals / Real Life Tarzan Vietnamese Fleeing From The Horrors Of Vietnam War. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.