Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

How Islam Improves On Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Islam Improves On Christianity? (4962 Views)

DONALD TRUMP CONDEMNS GREAT ASSAULT ON CHRISTIANITY, VOWS TO FIGHT IT IF ELECTED / The Prophet (Beirut, Lebanon, 1983 Revisited) / Interview With Joagbaje - His Perspective On Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 11:44am On Jan 13, 2012
Some time ago an author of the Answering-Islam team wrote an article titled: Does Islam improve on Christianity. Basically the writer was trying to show that Islam did not improve on Christianity.

In this present article, I shall show how Islam does improve on Christianity.

1- Islam forbids alchol, Christianity does not.

This essential law is a main improvement on Christianity, unlike Christianity, no amount of alcohol is allowed to be consumed or sold in Islam.

O ye who believe! Intoxicants (al-khamru) and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are AN ABOMINATION,- OF SATAN'S HANDWORK: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper. Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants (al-khamri) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain? S. 5:90-91 A. Yusuf Ali

This law essentially will help the community in many ways, it will lead to less drunken people, and with less drunken people you have a safer and better environment. As we all know, alcohol contributes to several negative factors. It makes people drunk, and when people are drunk they can get violent, or they could get exploited, or they could get into a major accident.

Alcohol also causes addiction, and damage to the human body.

2- Islam calls for faith and good works, Christianity is all about faith only

One of the most common things we hear from Christians is that Islam is about good works. That Muslims get to heaven by works, while for a Christian it is about believing in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. However so, this is a mistake from the Christian, since like the Christian, the Muslim must also have faith and without faith his good works means nothing. As the Quran says:

Surah Al-Asr:

YUSUFALI: By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),

YUSUFALI: Verily Man is in loss,

YUSUFALI: Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy

Tafsir of Ibn Kathir on these verses:

Al-`Asr is the time in which the movements of the Children of Adam occur, whether good or evil.

Malik narrated from Zayd bin Aslam that he said, "It is the evening.'' However, the first view is the popular opinion. Thus, Allah swears by this, that man is in Khusr, which means in loss and destruction.

(Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds) So Allah makes an exception, among the species of man being in loss, for those who believe in their hearts and work righteous deeds with their limbs.

(And recommend one another to the truth,) This is to perform acts of obedience and avoid the forbidden things.

(And recommend one another to patience.) meaning, with the plots, the evils, and the harms of those who harm people due to their commanding them to do good and forbidding them from evil. This is the end of the Tafsir of Surat Al-`Asr, and all praise and thanks are due to Allah.

So note, in Islam it is a combination, you must have faith and you must also do good works. Both are combined together, and without one, the other is useless. This is absent from Christianity, in Christianity good works means absolutely nothing as the Christian always says, its only about faith.

3- Islam prohibits the killing of women and children, Christianity advocates it's and does not prohibit it.

Christians always like to claim that Islam is a religion of terror, and promotes the killing of innocent people etc. However so, when we examine the claims, we find it is the Bible which is terror filled. Islam explicitly prohibits the killing of women and children as this authentic hadith of the prophet proves:

Volume 004, Book 052, Hadith Number 257.

Narrated By 'Abdullah : During some of the Ghazawat of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah's Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children.

Volume 004, Book 052, Hadith Number 258.

Narrated By Ibn 'Umar : During some of the Ghazawat of Allah's Apostle a woman was found killed, so Allah's Apostle forbade the killing of women and children.

The prophet of Islam ordered the Muslims to not kill women and children, Allah the God of Islam orders the Muslims to obey the prophet Muhammad in the Quran. There will be no need for me to post the Biblical passages showing women and children being slaughtered in the Bible, just visit this article:

http://muslim-responses.com/Terror_in_the_Bible/Teror_in_the_Bible_

4- Salvation in Islam is very pure and simple, to submit to God. In Christianity your salvation rests on believing in torture and blood-shed

One of the most disturbing things about Christianity is that to be saved, you have to believe that an innocent man died for you, an innocent man who did no wrong, paid for your crime. This innocent man was tortured, and given one of the most painful deaths, and basically you have to believe in such barbarity to be saved!

This is nothing like the beauty of Islam, were you only have to submit your will to God and believe in him. Why should you lay your salvation on a man who was beaten, tortured, for a crime he did not commit! Christians are saved by the blood, and torture and the brutal death of Jesus. You would think this is Satanism unless someone told you it was Christianity!

5- Islam is a non-racist religion, Christianity is racist

Christians often like to claim that Islam is a racist religion; however to the contrary, they seem to have mixed Christianity with Islam, since it is their own faith which is the racist one. For starters, Islam is not racist at all:

The prophets' farewell sermon:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that he will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligations shall henceforth be waived. Your capital is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib [the Prophet's uncle] be waived.

Every right arising out of homicide in pre-islamic days is henceforth waived and the first such right that i waive is that arising from the murder of Rabiah ibn al Harithibn.

O People, the unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calender in order to make permissible that which Allah forbade, and to forbid that which Allah has made permissible. With Allah the months are twelve in number. Four of them are holy, three of these are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumada and Shaban.

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope of that he will be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right, then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste. O People, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, say your five daily prayers, fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belogs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefore do injustice to yourselves. Remember one day you will meet Allah and answer your deeds. So beware: do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me, and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed Your message to Your people."

It can't get any more clear than that, the prophet Muhammad made it clear, an Arab is no better than a non Arab and a white is not better than a black and vice-versa.

Now when we look at the Bible, we found that racism is advocated:

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

Leviticus 25:44-46

Note the racism, only the non-Israelites can be made into slaves, however if you are an Israelite then you cannot be a slave.

We also find racism in the New Testament placed on the lips of Jesus:

Matthew 15: 21-28

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. 24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. 26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. 27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. 28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

So note, a lady comes to Jesus asking for help, but since she is a non-Israelite Jesus ignores her at first. But after a while, he finally answers her and likens her to a dog! It is obvious that this fake Jesus had the same racist mentality of the Jews of his period, which is that gentiles were not equal with them, and was basically inferior etc.

Now let me make it clear, I do not believe Jesus was ever racist, I very much doubt that Jesus would ever speak like this, I believe this to be a lie placed on the lips of Jesus to simply insult gentiles. Similar to the insults against Ishmael in the OT.

6- In Islam slaves are equal to you, in Christianity slaves are mere possessions

It may come as a surprise to many, but the black slave trade committed by white European-American Christian's is completely legitimate with the Bible. These men believed they were doing no wrong because they were simply being good Bible believing Christians.

The Bible advocates the torture of slavery, and the slave trade in all its forms. Here is an example of the Bible allowing the torture of slaves:

Exodus 21:20-21

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property

So as you can see, if you hurt your slave a lot, and IT doesn't die, then you get away with it. The reason I refer to the slave as IT, is because the Bible views slaves as animals, even lower!

This has no place in Islam:

Some teachings from Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "When the slave of anyone amongst you prepares food for him and he serves him after having sat close to (and undergoing the hardship of) heat and smoke, he should make him (the slave) sit along with him and make him eat (along with him), and if the food seems to run short, then he should spare some portion for him (from his own share) - (another narrator) Dawud said:" i. e. a morsel or two". 4097. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab Al-Aiman), Book 015, Number 4096)"

Narrated Al-Ma'rur: "At Ar-Rabadha I met Abu Dhar who was wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a similar one. I asked about the reason for it. He replied, "I abused a person by calling his mother with bad names." The Prophet said to me, 'O Abu Dhar! Did you abuse him by calling his mother with bad names You still have some characteristics of ignorance. Your slaves are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so, then help them.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 29)"

Narrated Anas: "The Prophet said, 'None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother [this includes slaves, since a slave is considered a brother as shown above] what he likes for himself.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 12)"

Narrated Abu Musa: "Some people asked Allah's Apostle, 'Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?' He replied, 'One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 10)"

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: "A man asked the Prophet, 'What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?' The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 11)"

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari: "The Prophet said, "Give food to the hungry, pay a visit to the sick and release (set free) the one in captivity (by paying his ransom)." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Food, Meals, Volume 7, Book 65, Number 286)"

Narrated Asma: "No doubt the Prophet ordered people to manumit slaves during the solar eclipse. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Eclipses, Volume 2, Book 18, Number 163)"

"'Abdullah b. 'Umar reported that 'Umar b. Khattab asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as he was at ji'rana (a town near Mecca) on his way back from Ta'if: Messenger of Allah, I had taken a vow during the days of Ignorance that I would observe I'tikaf for one day in the Sacred Mosque. So what is your opinion? He said: Go and observe I'tikaf for a day. And Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) gave him a slave girl out of the one-fifth (of the spoils of war meant for the Holy Prophet). And when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) set the war prisoners free. 'Umar b. Khattab heard their voice as they were saying: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) has set us free. He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: What is this? They said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) has set free the prisoners of war (which had fallen to the lot of people). Thereupon he (Hadrat 'Umar) said: Abdullah, go to that slave-girl and set her free. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab Al-Aiman), Book 015, Number 4074)"

If a Muslim beats his slave or slaps him on the face, then he must set him free:

"Zadhan reported that Ibn Umar called his slave and he found the marks (of beating) upon his back. He said to him: I have caused you pain. He said: No. But he (Ibn Umar) said: You are free. He then took hold of something from the earth and said: There is no reward for me even to the weight equal to it. I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who beats a slave without cognizable offence of his or slaps him, then expiation for it is that he should set him free. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab Al-Aiman), Book 015, Number 4079)"

"Abu Mas'ud reported that he had been beating his slave and he had been saying: "I seek refuge with Allah, but he continued beating him, whereupon he said: I seek refuge with Allah's Messenger, and he spared him. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: By Allah, God has more dominance over you than you have over him (the slave). He said that he set him free. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Shu'ba with the same chain of transmitters, but made no mention of (these words) of his: I seek refuge with Allah, I seek refuge with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab Al-Aiman), Book 015, Number 4089)"

Islam puts Christianity to shame with this, Christianity still advocates the brutal days of slavery, which still goes on secretly in many European countries, and America. In fact the Zionist state of Israel which is widely supported by Christians is amongst the highest country for slave sex trafficking, they have turned the holy land of Palestine into filth thanks to these sick actions of theirs.

7- In Islam a lady is free to get a divorce, in Christianity a lady is like a prisoner and cannot get a divorce

One very strange law in Christianity is that women are not allowed to divorce their husbands! The women are only allowed to divorce their husband if the husband commits adultery, and then off course the lady needs proof of this!

How ironic is it that you always hear Christians claiming that Islam doesn't grant freedom to people, especially to women, yet when we actually look at the facts, Christianity advocates barbaric slavery and doesn't give women the basic right of divorce!

Imagine that, in Christianity, a lady who is beaten by her husband or tortured or any of that cannot get a divorce! Here are the relevant passages:

Romans 7:2-3

For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. So then, if she marries another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress.

1 Corinthians 7:39

A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord

Matthew 5:32

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:9

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Luke 16:18

"Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Mark 10:10-12

When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. He answered, "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

How sad.

In Islam:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: "A virgin came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and mentioned that her father had married her against her will, so the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) allowed her to exercise her choice. (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Book 11, Number 2091)"

Volume 7, Book 63, Number 197:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The wife of Thabit bin Qais came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I do not blame Thabit for defects in his character or his religion, but I, being a Muslim, dislike to behave in un-Islamic manner (if I remain with him)." On that Allah's Apostle said (to her), "Will you give back the garden which your husband has given you (as Mahr)?" She said, "Yes." Then the Prophet said to Thabit, "O Thabit! Accept your garden, and divorce her once."

Volume 7, Book 63, Number 198:

Narrated 'Ikrima:

The sister of 'Abdullah bin Ubai narrated (the above narration, 197) with the addition that the Prophet said to Thabit's wife, "Will you return his garden?" She said, "Yes," and returned it, and (then) the Prophet ordered Thabit to divorce her. Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The wife of Thabit bin Qais came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I do not blame Thabit for any defects in his character or his religion, but I cannot endure to live with him." On that Allah's Apostle said, "Will you return his garden to him?" She said, "Yes."

8- Islam is for mankind, Christianity is not

Whether Christians like to admit it or not, Jesus Christ was sent to the Jews only, and not to the gentiles. So basically the faith that Jesus preached was to the Jews only, not you the gentiles. I already showed a verse showing Jesus' attitude toward a gentile lady, he would not heal her daughter until she begged and begged, and Jesus made it clear that he was sent the Israelites only.

In Islam however, the prophet Muhammad was sent to ALL of mankind:

YUSUFALI: Say: "O men! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah, to Whom belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth: there is no god but He: it is He That giveth both life and death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Unlettered Prophet, who believeth in Allah and His words: follow him that (so) ye may be guided."

PICKTHAL: Say (O Muhammad): O mankind! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah to you all - (the messenger of) Him unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. There is no Allah save Him. He quickeneth and He giveth death. So believe in Allah and His messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, who believeth in Allah and in His Words, and follow him that haply ye may be led aright.

YUSUFALI: We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings, and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not.

PICKTHAL: And We have not sent thee (O Muhammad) save as a bringer of good tidings and a warner unto all mankind; but most of mankind know not.

Islam is for all of us, Christianity is not.

So in conclusion these are 8 ways in which Islam improves on Christianity. It must be said that there are many other ways in which Islam improves on Christianity.

And Allah Knows Best

http://muslim-responses.com/How_Islam_improves_on_Christianity/How_Islam_improves_on_Christianity_
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2012
LagoShia, your first point about alchohol makes me laugh in spanish.
I have lived in a muslim society and itz all about hipocrasy. Only the
poor suffer from d sharia laws. The rich and thier children have all
the alchohol and nightclubs to drink and dance. Infact u seem to be very ignorant
of islam.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by yemee: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2012
LagosShia,may God open your eyes to really UNDERSTAND the truth.I see that you have KNOWLEDGE of the WORDS(you've obviously been doing a lot of memorizing) of the Bible but you lack the Holy Spirit so you evidently do not understand the truths contained therein, I wonder why so many people are willing to trade words with you over which is the true religion,there is simply no basis for comparison:

JESUS IS LORD,this is TRUTH,

I have read some of your posts and you labour hard to sell Islam,true christians do not need to be convinced about their belief-they just know that it is truth, Stop the comparison,it is so pointless because no right thinking man will forgo the liberty that is in Christ for the bondage you labour to market,

You do need the Holy Spirit,you need Jesus.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 4:52pm On Jan 13, 2012
East:

LagoShia, your first point about alchohol makes me laugh in spanish.
I have lived in a muslim society and itz all about hipocrasy. Only the
poor suffer from d sharia laws. The rich and thier children have all
the alchohol and nightclubs to drink and dance. Infact u seem to be very ignorant
of islam.

your post truly stinks of alcohol.i am a matured man around 3 decades old.and since i was born i have never for once put that abominable thing into my mouth.

we are talking religion here and not followers.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 4:58pm On Jan 13, 2012
yemee:

LagosShia,may God open your eyes to really UNDERSTAND the truth.I see that you have KNOWLEDGE of the WORDS(you've obviously been doing a lot of memorizing) of the Bible but you lack the Holy Spirit so you evidently do not understand the truths contained therein, I wonder why so many people are willing to trade words with you over which is the true religion,there is simply no basis for comparison:

JESUS IS LORD,this is TRUTH,
funny!

thanks for the good intention.but sorry to disappoint you that you've being fooled many atimes with the holy spirit fraud.christians dont have that.far from being holy.your pastors that desecrate young boys,pastors that loot your money through "tithe",and the one that "slaps" all of them claim holy spirit.just smoky way of deceiving you not to use your head.i read the bible and i use my head.looks like the influence of "holy spirit" when reading the bible for christians translates to not using your heads.too bad!

I have read some of your posts and you labour hard to sell Islam,true christians do not need to be convinced about their belief-they just know that it is truth, Stop the comparison,it is so pointless because no right thinking man will forgo the liberty that is in Christ for the bondage you labour to market,

You do need the Holy Spirit,you need Jesus.

everyone needs free visa to heaven.even if satan promises that visa!!!your "businessman" mind would trade the truth for heaven.but that will get you no where.you think God who is against man killing his son as sacrifice which he sees as abomination as recorded in deuteronomy would himself kill his son as sacrifice for you?think!

i pray God open your eyes!!!keep reading!!!
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2012
Guys you are trying to reason logic with someone who went to Quranic school from kindergarten.

All we can do is pray for him , I personally believe that he will change, very very soon.

You can see how hurt he is about the truth , so much that he has opened 100 threads in one week.

He is in my prayers.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Knight1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2012
MEhn YOU iz funny grin grin grin grin
So Islam is an improvement on Christianity again grin grin grin grin grin
NOw i get why Frosbel just luuuuuuuuurves to play along with your silly thoughts. it's so funny.

Better make yourself useful and go and occupy Ojota grin grin
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2012
frosbel:

Guys you are trying to reason logic with someone who went to Quranic school from kindergarten.

All we can do is pray for him , I personally believe that he will change, very very soon.

You can see how hurt he is about the truth , so much that he has opened 100 threads in one week.

He is in my prayers.
back to sender!!!

are you a "witch for Jesus"?go s that Oyedepo would slap you like he did with your sister from Imo!!!

someone like you who follows the evil bible which prmotes cannibalism is talking about prayer.shame!!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844091.0.html
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 5:35pm On Jan 13, 2012
Knight1:

MEhn YOU iz funny grin grin grin grin
So Islam is an improvement on Christianity again grin grin grin grin grin
NOw i get why Frosbel just luuuuuuuuurves to play along with your silly thoughts. it's so funny.

Better make yourself useful and go and occupy Ojota grin grin

Holy Qur'an 5:15-19
O People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! there hath come to you Our Apostle revealing to you much that ye used to hide in the Book and passing over much (that is now unnecessary): There hath come to you from Allah a (new) Light and a perspicuous Book.
Wherewith Allah guideth all who seek His good pleasure to ways of peace and safety and leadeth them out of darkness by His Will unto the light guideth them to a Path that is Straight.
In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against Allah if His Will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary his mother and all everyone that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things."
(Both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of Allah and His beloved." Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay ye are but men of the men He hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)."
O people of the Book! now hath come unto you making (things) clear unto you Our Apostle after the break in (the series of) Our apostles lest ye should say: there came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner (from evil): but now hath come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner (from evil): and Allah hath power over all things.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 14, 2012
LagosShia:

1- Islam forbids alchol, Christianity does not.

But islam then goes ahead to provide rivers of alcohol in paradise?

LagosShia:

2- Islam calls for faith and good works, Christianity is all about faith only

James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is Unclad and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d]And he was called the friend of God. 24 [size=13pt]You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only[/size].

LagosShia:

3- Islam prohibits the killing of women and children, Christianity advocates it's and does not prohibit it.

Odd considering the number of women and children murdered by islam DAILY.

LagosShia:

4- Salvation in Islam is very pure and simple, to submit to God. In Christianity your salvation rests on believing in torture and blood-shed

Except of course you cannot recant that salvation except on pain of death

LagosShia:

5- Islam is a non-racist religion, Christianity is racist

Which is why blacks are refered to as "abd"/slave in arab countries? See Sudan for refutation of this myth.

LagosShia:

6- In Islam slaves are equal to you, in Christianity slaves are mere possessions

try being a philipino in Saudi Arabia.

LagosShia:

7- In Islam a lady is free to get a divorce, in Christianity a lady is like a prisoner and cannot get a divorce

huh?

LagosShia:

8- Islam is for mankind, Christianity is not

islam is for mankind BY FORCE.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by reloboy(m): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2012
@lagosShai I give kudos to you because u are really doing a nice job here and as for the christ follower, u guys dont even understand yourselves.
Some says Jesus is their god, some says is the son of their god, some says he is three in one, I want u guys to think very well because jesus is neither god nor son of god, God is one he has no son nor wife and as for the bible It is a copy of a copy of a mistranslation of a copy of a mistranslaton so guys think hell is real, the kerosine and wood for hell is human and stone, so think . . . . . .
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2012
Instead of addressing the issues raised by the Op, chiristiasn are busy calling him names, he is funny, he dosnt have holy spirit bla bla bla, since you guys claim to have the holy spirit why not try a point- by- point rebuttal of the issues raised therein. Respond to the message not the messenger
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2012
davidylan:

But islam then goes ahead to provide rivers of alcohol in paradise?

how many times would you guys be told that the wine is not intoxicant:

Quran 37:40-47
"But the sincere (and devoted) Servants of Allah,- For them is a Sustenance determined, Fruits (Delights); and they (shall enjoy) honour and dignity, In Gardens of Felicity, Facing each other on Thrones (of Dignity): Round will be passed to them a Cup from a clear-flowing fountain, Crystal-white, of a taste delicious to those who drink (thereof), Free from headiness; nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom."

James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is Unclad and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[d]And he was called the friend of God. 24 [size=13pt]You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only[/size].

this is a confusing issue for christians themselves.that i why even on nairaland you see christians asking if salvation is by works and faith or only by faith.

here are verses from your bible wherein the confusion exists thanks to Paul,the false prophet who contradicted Jesus (as),:

Salvation
According to Jesus: The rich young ruler asked Jesus how he could find salvation. Jesus answered, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments , If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." (Matt 19:16-21, Mark 10:17-21, Luke 18:18-22, KJV) In other words, obey Torah, and follow Jesus' examples.

According to Paul: “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus {as} Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.” (Rom 10:9-10, NAS)
Which is it? Obeying the commandments of G-d and following Jesus, or merely believing in Jesus’ resurrection and confessing him as Lord?

Odd considering the number of women and children murdered by islam DAILY.
and Islam is the name of a man who carries a weapon,is that what you are saying Davidylan?is Islam not a set of ideas and principles and laws to follow?why do you blame the criminals? should we hold christianity for the violence innocent muslims suffer in plateau,benin and adamawa?

Except of course you cannot recant that salvation except on pain of death

Which is why blacks are refered to as "abd"/slave in arab countries? See Sudan for refutation of this myth.

try being a philipino in Saudi Arabia.

huh?

islam is for mankind BY FORCE.

again you are not holding the adherents who are not following Islam as they should responsible.you are holding the religion responsible for the actions of people because it suits your propaganda against Islam and your christian missionary objective to win souls for your murderous god who killed his "beloved" son!!!
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2012
abubello:

Instead of addressing the issues raised by the Op, chiristiasn are busy calling him names, he is funny, he dosnt have holy spirit bla bla bla, since you guys claim to have the holy spirit why not try a point- by- point rebuttal of the issues raised therein. Respond to the message not the messenger

did you see my post or as usual simply posting like the blind confused bat most muslims are?
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2012
LagosShia:

how many times would you guys be told that the wine is not intoxicant:

Quran 37:40-47
"But the sincere (and devoted) Servants of Allah,- For them is a Sustenance determined, Fruits (Delights); and they (shall enjoy) honour and dignity, In Gardens of Felicity, Facing each other on Thrones (of Dignity): Round will be passed to them a Cup from a clear-flowing fountain, Crystal-white, of a taste delicious to those who drink (thereof), Free from headiness; nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom."

Hmmm but how does this clear flowing fountain say anything about the RIVERS of wine allah promises?

LagosShia:

this is a confusing issue for christians themselves.that i why even on nairaland you see christians asking if salvation is by works and faith or only by faith.

here are verses from your bible wherein the confusion exists thanks to Paul,the false prophet who contradicted Jesus (as),:

Salvation
According to Jesus: The rich young ruler asked Jesus how he could find salvation. Jesus answered, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments , If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." (Matt 19:16-21, Mark 10:17-21, Luke 18:18-22, KJV) In other words, obey Torah, and follow Jesus' examples.

According to Paul: “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus {as} Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.” (Rom 10:9-10, NAS)
Which is it? Obeying the commandments of G-d and following Jesus, or merely believing in Jesus’ resurrection and confessing him as Lord?

this is not confusing at all to a real christian. Salvation is a daily process not a one minute deal and you are saved forever. The bible says - by their FRUITS you shall know them . . . i.e. the REAL TEST of a man's salvation are the fruits that come with it. Those fruits are what you laymen would refer to as "works".

LagosShia:

and Islam is the name of a man who carries a weapon,is that what you are saying Davidylan?is Islam not a set of ideas and principles and laws to follow?why do you blame the criminals? should we hold christianity for the violence innocent muslims suffer in plateau,benin and adamawa?

Violence is the norm in majority muslim states. Why?

LagosShia:

again you are not holding the adherents who are not following Islam as they should responsible.you are holding the religion responsible for the actions of people because it suits your propaganda against Islam and your christian missionary objective to win souls for your murderous god who killed his "beloved" son!!!

Those adherents who hate killing are NOT muslims because the quran enjoins you demons to KILL for allah.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by manmustwac(m): 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
Don't you guys ever get tired of these my religion is better than your religion arguments? angry angry
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2012
manmustwac:

Don't you guys ever get tired of these my religion is better than your religion arguments? angry angry

christians are demonic and demonism is what they are taught in churches and places of worship.

if you dont reply them and break them and expose their falsehood and reveal the truth of Islam to them,they will take liberty for license.they will not only preach their boring christianity many of them are dumping,they will start to provoke and use mockery against others.they dont use reasoning at all.that is demonic.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by goggs(m): 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
LagosShia:

christians are demonic and demonism is what they are taught in churches and places of worship.

if you dont reply them and break them and expose their falsehood and reveal the truth of Islam to them,they will take liberty for license.they will not only preach their boring christianity many of them are dumping,they will start to provoke and use mockery against others.they dont use reasoning at all.that is demonic.

Hahaha LagosShia, you are one funny dude. Who is more demonic, a religion that preaches "Love your neighbour as yourself" or you where you say you hate people like $hit! (your own words) grin
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by goggs(m): 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
Here is an assignment. Find out the meaning of Gnostic gospels and have a look at this site

http://www.scribd.com/doc/15420171/Comparing-and-Contrasting-the-Quran-to-the-Gnostic-Apocryphal-and-Canonical-Christian-Scriptures

and see if you can honestly say Islam improves Christianity
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
LagosShia:

We will rather be boring than carry out massacres of innocent people, bow before a black useless meteorite in that demon infested Kabba and read a book in Arabic which obviously we cannot read talk less of understand  grin grin grin
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
LagosShia:

What are demons? Where did they come from? Where are they resident? How do humans exhibit demonism? Can you pls explain this IN THE LIGHT OF THE QURAN only pls.

Too many times muslims find themselves spewing biblical concepts that have absolutely ZERO basis in the quran or islam in general.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Sweetnecta: 2:40am On Jan 17, 2012
^^david dylan is going to get creamed big time here. I know he will be black and blue by the end of the discussion.
he could not invite us into his religion and he wants education in demon/satan that invaded Peter his rock.

All your worries are in Surah Kahf for 1st question. Araf for 2nd question, Maryam for 3rd question and Maryam also for the 4th question. There are many surahs and verses that deal with the questions in different degrees.

I bet the bibles say that demons/family of satan live in pigs, the favorite white meat of david dylan and in the body of Peter his rock, while it must be demonic for his lord to allow satan to demand that he worshiped him for a loaf of bread. worse is the taking this "God" to the edge of a cliff egging hm on to jump without a safety device.

if this was God, the demon really resided in him and made him exhibit demonic act, without any doubt and not to have creamed the satan is a sure excuse that man can use to argue against this God on The Day of Judgment.

I will watch and enjoy how Lagosshia will handle this binez. I trust he will do justice to the ridiculous questions.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by goggs(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2012
How Islam Improves Christianity? Here is how

Ishaq: 676 “(To Muhammed’s companions),’you obey a stranger who encourages you to murder for booty. You are greedy men. Is there no honor among you?’ Upon hearing those lines Muhammad said, ‘Will no one rid me of this woman?’ Umayr, a zealous Muslim, decided to execute the Prophet’s wishes. That very night he crept into the writer’s home while she lay sleeping surrounded by her young children. There was one at her breast. Umayr removed the suckling babe and then plunged his sword into the poet. The next morning in the mosque, Muhammad, who was aware of the assassination, said, ‘You have helped Allah and His Apostle.’ Umayr said. ‘She had five sons; should I feel guilty?’ ‘No,’ the Prophet answered. ‘Killing her was as meaningless as two goats butting heads.’”

In Christianity, Jesus NEVER ordered anyone killed.

Bukhari:V1B11N626 “The Prophet said, ‘No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr. If they knew the reward they would come to (the mosque) even if they had to crawl. I decided to order a man to lead the prayer and then take a flame to burn all those who had not left their houses for the prayer, burning them alive inside their homes.’” {Burning men, women and children alive in their homes)

In Christianity nobody was forced to do anything about religion
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by goggs(m): 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2012
Tabari VIII:179/Ishaq:550 “Among those who Muhammad ordered killed was Abdallah bin Khatal. The Messenger ordered him to be slain because while he was a Muslim, Muhammad had sent him to collect the zakat tax with an Ansar and a slave of his, His girls used to sing a satire about Muhammad so the Prophet ordered that they should be killed along with Abdullah. He was killed by Sa’id and Abu Barzah. The two shared in his blood. One of the singing girls was killed quickly but the other fled. So Umar caused his horse to trample the one who fled, killing her.”

In Christianity, Jesus NEVER ordered anyone killed

Tabari VIII:181 “The Messenger ordered six men and four women to be assassinated. One of these women was Hind, who swore allegiance and became a Muslim.” {And yet, she was killed?}.
Ishaq:597 “When the Apostle returned to Medina after his raid on Ta’if, word spread that he had killed some of the men who had satirized him. The poets who were left, fled in all directions.”

In Christianity, Jesus NEVER ordered anyone killed. He was criticized, maligned but true to his words he demonstrated that Love conquers all
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by goggs(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2012
Tabari VII:101/Ishaq:483 “Sallam’s wife came out and we told her that we were Arabs in search of supplies. When we entered, we bolted the door on her so she gave a shout to warn him of our presence. We rushed upon him with our swords as he lay in his bed. He took his pillow and tried to fend us off. Abd Allah thrust his sword into his stomach and transfixed him while he was shouting, ‘Enough! Enough!’ She said, ‘By the God of the Jews, he is dead.’ I never heard any more pleasing words than these. We went to the Messenger of Allah and told him that we had killed the enemy of Allah. We disagreed in his presence about the killing of Sallam, each of us claiming to have done it. The Prophet said, ‘Bring me your swords.’ We did and he looked at them. He said, ‘This sword of Abd Allah killed him. I can see the marks left by bones on it.’”

You get the idea? Nuff said
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by Yagba: 6:35pm On Jan 17, 2012
@LagoShia,
Your obsession with particle details which had their time-relevance within each religion is amazing. However, I'm not surprised since Islam is more about understanding coded Arabic language than preaching and practicing peaceful ways of living. You can't successfully debate with Christians until Islam is remodeled to discard its attachment to archaic narrations of some war mongers of old whose emotion-filled voices captivated and gingered their listeners into battle fields during the early days of the religion. Such days are over but your preachers still make references to such verses as if similar conditions under which they were written exist today. Islam needs refurbishing.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
i really dont know why cant christians defend their religion or beliefs without seeking to launch "reprisal" attacks on Islam.

anyways i would state the needed facts and let people judge.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
HOLY QURAN 5:32:
whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

HOLY QURAN 2:190:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 7:55:
(O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 8:61:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."

HOLY QURAN 5:2:
" , and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment."

HOLY QURAN 41:34:
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

HOLY QURAN 4:135:
"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

HOLY QURAN 16:90
"God advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed."

HOLY QURAN 16:126:
"And if ye do punish them, punish them no worse than they punished you: but if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient."

HOLY QURAN 21:107:
"And we have not sent you but as a mercy for the world"
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2012
goggs:

In Christianity, Jesus NEVER ordered anyone killed

In Christianity, Jesus NEVER ordered anyone killed. He was criticized, maligned but true to his words he demonstrated that Love conquers all

Was Jesus All Peace And No Fight?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-821772.0.html

Revelation 2:22-23:
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Luke 13:34
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

John 8:44
Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that kill the prophets, and stone them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together , even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Mathew 23:33
"You[b] serpents[/b], you generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell"?

Mathew 12:34
"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks".

Mathew 12:39
"But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas".

Mathew 16:4
A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Mathew 23:17
"You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred"?

Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by LagosShia: 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
Biblical Verses Of Killing And Terror
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-817498.0.html

Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die.
Re: How Islam Improves On Christianity? by goggs(m): 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
Revelation 2:22-23:

Revelation is a highly figurative in its message. This is stating the punishment for an action. It was an act Jesus committed on earth. Show me Jesus commanded the killing of an individual

Luke 13:34
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

Seriously, you didnt see that this was a warning to "you who kill the prophets" And what did the passage promise in return? to kill them? No, it says, "how often I have longed to gather your children together" WHAT SHOW OF LOVE AND COMPASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

John 8:44
Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Someone is being rebuked as being evil. Pure and Simple

Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that kill the prophets, and stone them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together , even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Same as the second one. Read man and dont embarrass yourself

Mathew 23:33
"You serpents, you generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell"?

Mathew 12:34
"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks".

Describing people for what they are. What is bad here?

Mathew 12:39
"But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas".

This is clear. Ki lo de?

Mathew 16:4
A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
CLear.

Mathew 23:17
"You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred"?

A question to fools. Dont see anybody's neck sliced.

Luke 19:27

Read the entire chapter to gain an insight to this. Clear as day. (As Apostle Paul puts it,the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly)

Fire of truth and salvation. Read the Chapter and dont quote in isolation  cool

Read the entire chapter. Did Jesus ever directed Christians to fight and slay their enemies? (Love your enemies and pray for those who prosecute you) cool

the most important word there is "LIKE". ''The false teachers are like unthinking animals" and not "The false teachers are unthinking animals" Get it?

Cleaned out the temple of corruption. With what do you drive sheep and cattle?

See above

[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords."  "That is enough," he replied.

To fulfill the scriptures. He didnt stab anybody.

35 For I have come to turn   “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

For those that choose to follow him, it will be a resistance galore. Setting friction in families. Simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily / Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free / I Had A Dream That Jesus Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.