Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North (22183 Views)

2023: Ceding Presidency To North Dangerous For Nigeria's Unity - Sagay / Supreme Court Stops FG From Ceding 17 Oil Wells To Imo / History Will Punish Obasanjo For Ceding Bakassi To Cameroon—oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by justuschi50: 9:06pm On May 02, 2022
Kingstanding:
. Tell south east leaders to first themselves. Na too know and seniority are the things that is killing Igbo.
I swear especially seniority. That culture of seniority need to stop. A old man we be doing something wrong but nothing will be done because of elderly respect
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by Saintinoo(m): 9:08pm On May 02, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Without the principles of zoning and federal character in sharing position.... Someone like Buhari would appoint only Muslim and Fulani in all his cabinet, parastatal, agencies and ministry

Goodluck Jonathan is the sole cause of all this problem, he should not have contested 2011 Election based on principles of Zoning

You Yorubas are blaming Jonathan who left a relatively good economy, for the failure if a man you all endorsed, supported and voted for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by justuschi50: 9:10pm On May 02, 2022
franchasofficia:
Says an educated illiterate.

Igbos are the second largest tribe in Nigeria after Hausa, get that into your skull.

Southeast may have low voter register based on INEC data, and its because Igbo voters are spread across all the 36 states of Nigeria more than any other tribe.

Igbos are the second largest voters in Lagos state after Yorubas which is why Tinubu uses agberos and touts to stop them from voting in Lagos cos if unchecked Igbo voters can give any party a win in Lagos.

Same applies to Abuja, Rivers, Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, Delta, etc.

So keep deceiving yourself.

The only reason that may affect Igbo voters turnout or population in 2023 is the Nnamdi Kanu incarceration and unknown gunmen saga
I can remember 2019 election tinubu used OPC to destroy area dominated by igbos. Nigeria need deliverance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by Mooh247: 9:10pm On May 02, 2022
Saintinoo:

You Yorubas are blaming Jonathan who left a relatively good economy, for the failure if a man you all endorsed, supported and voted for.

That's because Obasanjo a Yoruba man left the good economy that idiotic Jonadafts squandered in 5 years

1 Like

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by DMerciful(m): 9:10pm On May 02, 2022
Nah, its lack of unity of purpose. Why is the SW, SS not uniting with the SE to produce a president from the East knowing fully well that SS and SW has had their turn.
ghettokid1:
low turnout of voters in the South is what is causing all these nonsense, South should fvcking get their PVC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by penceman(m): 9:11pm On May 02, 2022
Lets be clear nigeria was always going to disintegrate and the reason wont be war. Now every body want that prophesy to arrive fast and i can tell you if a northerner emerges in any one of these two parties then the country will dissolve

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by PressMyButton: 9:13pm On May 02, 2022
Can you guys come read this thread and have a good laugh. I can hardly believe these children of hate and bitterness could forsake all their annointed candidates to begin to lick the fart of Lawan. Seems Lawan has got the next sweetest farts in town.
These neighbors are suffering from mental torture, it's very obvious.

1 Like

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by maasoap(m): 9:20pm On May 02, 2022
Malory:
grin. They keep tossing Tinubu around like a ball. The old man don suffer

Keep the campaign for Tinubu alive, you got no any other choice

1 Like

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by Jlow2: 9:22pm On May 02, 2022
Apc will cause another civil war in nigeria
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:28pm On May 02, 2022
MikoB:
So it's no more Jonathan? It is the North this time,trust me its all fake news, the presidency is coming south and the good political pundits already know where the pendulum is swinging.
It's not swinging anywhere ,you people are the problem of the south with this your empty chest beating and false assurances

The northerners are using the south west to betray the south .. they've used Tinubu and now they want to discard him like a piece of rag

Osibanjo is not popular in the north and south east so where will he get the votes from?

2 Likes

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by olas24u(f): 9:29pm On May 02, 2022
Malory:
Tinubu is not your problem, he his making history for himself and yoruba people.
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by olas24u(f): 9:30pm On May 02, 2022
justuschi50:
I can remember 2019 election tinubu used OPC to destroy area dominated by igbos. Nigeria need deliverance
That is a lie, Tinubu and opc are not in good terms
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by Josewonder(m): 9:37pm On May 02, 2022
We re talking d north trying to be so stupid. How can u pretend to be smart Dan southern dat re better Dan u in all aspects of life.( Education, economy, socially, development health security etc,) and all relevant groups and people in d south re fighting back
Which is well appreciated and d foolish and stupid ibo bigotry re still calling tinubu dis , tinubu dat .is it tinubu issue or d southern issue, why dos stupid and useless ipob miscreants don't hv common sense and stop fooling their region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by justuschi50: 9:40pm On May 02, 2022
olas24u:

That is a lie, Tinubu and opc are not in good terms
shut up, tinubu used OPC during the election bastard. Y the OPC scatter election material in area dominated by igbos. I don't know y u pple are nothing seeing things through

1 Like

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by JOemmy(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2022
The only solution to all these tensions and continuous agitations for zoning the presidency is just restructuring nigeria and reducing the power at the center. The north can't reject zoning and still reject restructuring that's just too much greed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by basseeafricana: 9:54pm On May 02, 2022
dre11:

•MBF, Afenifere, PANDEF, Ohanaeze, Adebanjo, Amechi, Ikponwen speak

•We’ll work against PDP, APC, any party that zones its ticket to North — MBF

•It’ll fly against the spirit of equity, justice — Afenifere

•It may lead to Nigeria’s disintegration — Adebanjo

•Northern Elders fiddling while Nigeria burns — Ohanaeze

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/2023-presidency-anger-as-apc-pdp-mull-ceding-tickets-to-north/
Let them try it. Nigeria will divide, simple. We are praying for the Northern mistake so that Nigeria will break

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by jaxxy(m): 10:10pm On May 02, 2022
Unzerious:

You can't eat your cake and have it, SE are agitating for Secession. If you elect One won't He concede to the Agitations.

And which Party wants to lose? The SE has the smallest voting capacity in Ngeria.

is bokoharam not claiming communities in Nigeria as their territory and yet we voted a core Northern Muslim in 2015.
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by bonnyhope: 10:26pm On May 02, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

All [s]these na initial gragra. Na when match start u na go know say ManCity no be ManU mate. cheesy cheesy cheesy

On Bola Ahmed Tinubu's mandate we stand. He is ready to deliver for Nigerians of all tribes who, since 1960, have been subjected to the pains of poverty and unemployment. Carry go B.A.T. Nothing do you. The people are fully behind you!
[/s]
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by shinealight(m): 10:33pm On May 02, 2022
Malory:

Is Tinubu the only Presidential aspirant to be affected if the North clings to power? The guy would not be affected at all but the poverty in the land will simply rise to the next level…..who cares? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by olas24u(f): 10:39pm On May 02, 2022
justuschi50:
shut up, tinubu used OPC during the election bastard. Y the OPC scatter election material in area dominated by igbos. I don't know y u pple are nothing seeing things through
You call me a bastard in a discussion, in which you have told a lie. I won't engage with an idiot like you.

1 Like

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by kaey10(m): 10:41pm On May 02, 2022
I really wish peter obi can win the PDP presidential ticket but at the same time he has Atiku to contend with.
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by tnerro1(m): 10:54pm On May 02, 2022
South 2023 is all I know or else cool
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by storm001(m): 11:00pm On May 02, 2022
Unzerious:

You can't eat your cake and have it, SE are agitating for Secession. If you elect One won't He concede to the Agitations.

And which Party wants to lose? The SE has the smallest voting capacity in Ngeria.

SE has the smallest voting capacity in Nigerian yet you milk her oil every day.

Power shift to SE

@PeterObi we know

2 Likes

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by Karlosorji(m): 11:06pm On May 02, 2022
post=112465336:

To take igbos turn

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of you still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one and a half tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

We've learnt not to bother ourselves anymore to avoid unnecessary mentions from nonentities.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 

how can there be good governance if you don't consider equity and justice? We ain't matured yet for the kind of system you are talking about. Those basic factors like different ethnic groups, different religions, languages etc. must be considered

1 Like

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by UncommonLogic: 11:22pm On May 02, 2022
Malory:

So it's only Tinubu that's running for the Presidency?
Mkpuru Mmirri and cannibalism is a deadly combination.
See the sad effects of Mkpuru Mmirri and consumption of human flesh.

1 Like

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by Lovelive: 11:29pm On May 02, 2022
You said it all.

JOemmy:
The only solution to all these tensions and continuous agitations for zoning the presidency is just restructuring nigeria and reducing the power at the center. The north can't reject zoning and still reject restructuring that's just too much greed.
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by PointZerom: 11:51pm On May 02, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
Like I have always said, as long as Northeners are Nigerians, they have the right to vote and to be voted for...

The National Chairman has said it and there is nothing any inconsequential group or person can do about it..

Let's all be mad at the same time since we don't want to get sense by doing the right thing which is execution of equity and justice for South Easterners since we have Igbos that are loyal to both PDP and APC since their formation..

We stand with the National Chairman that threw the APC presidential ticket open a day before yesterday...

Greedy druggie must receive sense by force !!

The North have seen that the Yorubas are greedy hence this latest development.
To them, if you can't support SE candidate we'll retain the power.

1 Like

Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by justuschi50: 12:07am On May 03, 2022
olas24u:

You call me a bastard in a discussion, in which you have told a lie. I won't engage with an idiot like you.
what lie tell me pls
Re: 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North by Realist12: 3:43am On May 03, 2022
ScamHunter:
Funny...The truth you Nigerians have refused to embrace is that there is nothing like the south. You have Yoruba greed and others. It is a well-crafted plan by perhaps the British and perpetuated by the Nigerian state to make sure that the regions producing the wealth of the country (SE/SS) are the most marginalized. This can only be accomplished through divide and rule that feeds on Yoruba greed since they brought nothing of economic import to the south, Why do you think that successive governments have refused to make ports in Calabar, Warri and Port Harcourt functional? That is the only way the SE/SS could have political leverage added to the economic leverage that they have and which no other part of the country does. It's a question of parasite/host relationship that Nigeria is built on. As long as the parasites have latched on the wealth producing regions, they'll do anything to hang on, including using Yoruba against the rest of the south.
this is the dumbest self deceitful post I've read . I hate to sound tribal in anyway. But I have to help you see that you're losing it . The southern part of Nigeria consists of 2 major tribes . I.e Igbo and Yoruba , then we have the south south consisting of several minor tribes. It's dumb for you to keep thinking the south south are a part of Igbos. They dissociating themselves at the slightest opportunity everytime . The south south is a region that can be independent on their own without any other region, their only problem is multi ethnicity.
If separation comes today . Yoruba land has all it needs naturally to be self sufficient.
Yet you have the boldness to sound like the southwest is a parasites.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 3 Worst Performing Governors In Nigeria? / "Oladipupo Olorunrinu Orders His Security To Beat Helpless Man" - Facebook User / Amuwo Odofin LG Chairman's Office Burnt After Primaries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.