Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi (13624 Views)

Only 11 States Can Generate Enough Money To Pay Workers In 2024 / Nnamdi Kanu: We Will Catch Governors Owing Salaries If They Come Abroad / 'Saraki Is Not A Robber': Protest Over Indictment Of Saraki In Offa Bank Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Fareke: 6:19pm On May 02, 2022
United States-based Nigerian social critic, Prof Farooq Kperogi says former Senate President, Bukola Saraki won’t pay Nigerian workers if elected as President.
In a lengthy article via his social media page on Sunday, Kperogi, a professor of Journalism and Emerging Media at Kennesaw State University in Georgia accused the former Senate President of being “arrogant, corrupt, unfeeling wretch who as a governor and later a governor general hardly paid workers’ salaries.”

Saraki was governor of Kwara State from 2007 till 2011.
According to Kperogi, the only thing the PDP presidential aspirant is good at is paying people to "propagandize for him".
He said, “Bukola Saraki is one of the strongest contenders for PDP’s presidential nomination. On paper, his identity agnosticism (i.e., his capacity to be simultaneously a northerner and a southerner) is a great selling point, but he is, in reality, the most treacherous reprobate the party would have the misfortune to present.
“As a Kwaran I feel a moral obligation to warn the nation about what kind of person Saraki is outside his cunningly packaged media image. Saraki is an arrogant, corrupt, unfeeling wretch who, as a governor (and later a “governor general”), hardly paid workers’ salaries but who expended enormous resources to unleash sponsored media fury on workers who dared to tell the world that they were owed salaries.
“People who have followed me on Facebook since 2015 will remember that in October 2015, I publicized the plight of the lecturers in Kwara State’s colleges of education who hadn’t been paid salaries for months and who, before the complete stoppage of their salaries, had endured making do with only 70 percent of their salaries for several months.
“I followed up the status update with a full-length column in the Daily Trust titled “Who Will Save Kwara COE Lecturers from Saraki’s Deadly Grip?”. In the column, I wrote: “Senate President Bukola Saraki is called Kwara State’s ‘Governor- General’ for a reason: He is, for all practical purposes, the state’s de facto governor, and Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed is merely his impotent, obsequious caretaker. Ahmed must dutifully take orders from Saraki or risk losing his cushy surrogate governorship. This isn’t a flippant, ill-natured putdown of Governor Ahmed, who seems like a nice person; it’s an uncomfortable truth that many Kwarans know only too well.
“While Saraki and Ahmed sponsored infantile media attacks against me because of this, I did a Facebook fundraiser for the lecturers. One Dr. Nura Alkali kickstarted the fundraiser with a N200,000 donation. Several others followed. The money I helped raise gave the lecturers some reprieve, and the publicity the gesture generated at the time shamed Saraki and his flunkey into paying the lecturers’ salaries.
“But that was after many lecturers had died from starvation, after some of them had lost their children during childbirth because they couldn’t pay hospital bills, and after many of them had suffered the humiliation of not being able to send their children to school. This was also the story of Saraki’s tenure as a two-term governor. Salaries and pensions were never guaranteed.
“Memories of Saraki’s 16-year reign of terror for workers are still so enduringly traumatizing that when I wrote a critical article against Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq sometime ago (I called him a “third-rate governor”), my paternal uncle, who's a retiree, called to tell me that my critical opinions of the governor won’t resonate with workers or retirees because the governor had never owed salaries or pensions since he has been in power, which he said was a comforting departure from Saraki’s and Ahmed’s tenures.
"Imagine the depth of despair and misery people must have experienced in the past for them to celebrate a governor just because he pays salaries, which is their just and legal entitlement.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/05/02/saraki-arrogant-corrupt-won%E2%80%99t-pay-workers%E2%80%99-salaries-if-elected-nigerian-president-%E2%80%94us

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Golan007: 6:31pm On May 02, 2022
Atiku must be an angel according to Kperogi.

438 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Ebubu: 6:33pm On May 02, 2022
Who takes Saraki seriously for this presidential contest undecided Lol

40million gone to the air

358 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by SwissMass: 6:33pm On May 02, 2022
Kperogi or whatever is name is, is an agent of Atiku the lord and savior of the igbos, Peter Obi would soon be considered for vice president by Atiku

443 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by duro4chang(m): 7:05pm On May 02, 2022
Kwara people will agree with this professor, hence they have 'O to ge'

440 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Mynd44: 7:13pm On May 02, 2022
Golan007:
Atiku must be an angel according to Kperogi.
So basically everybody who criticises a PDP aspirant is either working for Tinubu or Atiku.

Relax small and digest the content

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Dedepious(m): 7:14pm On May 02, 2022
O to ge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Way4orward: 7:14pm On May 02, 2022
Who is free?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:14pm On May 02, 2022
DavSagacity:
It takes a thief to identify a thief from afar off.
Birds of the same feather
END OF THREAD.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Hezzyluv: 7:15pm On May 02, 2022
Not paying works salaries is an attitude of Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by drealj: 7:15pm On May 02, 2022
The most useless politician enjoying his papa foundation. If not for poverty in kwara,this man is nothing in politics

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Kingpele(m): 7:15pm On May 02, 2022
Dont waste your energy saraki can never be a senator again talk more of a president

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Lumig: 7:15pm On May 02, 2022
cheesy
Kwara State workers/indigenes will just be pitying anyone that wants saraki voted into power, because they have the first hand info about him

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by DavSagacity(m): 7:15pm On May 02, 2022
It takes a thief to identify a thief from afar off.
Birds of the same feather

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by VladimirPutiin(m): 7:16pm On May 02, 2022
He won’t even win the Party primaries talk less of being elected as President. grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by GreaterFuture(m): 7:16pm On May 02, 2022
Aren't they all the same, anything new?
Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:16pm On May 02, 2022
Make u kuku kee am o.
Failure and thief attacking Failure and thief

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Golan007: 7:16pm On May 02, 2022
Mynd44:

So basically everybody who criticises a PDP aspirant is either working for Tinubu or Atiku.

Kperogi had been consistent in criticising everyone but Atiku.

By process of elimination one can reach a conclusion.

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Saxxon(m): 7:16pm On May 02, 2022
Mynd44:

Most Nigerians are small minded. They only think in black and white - if it's not black, then it has to be white.

Funny enough, Osinbajo's campaign team has been running the most devisive campaign. Attacking everyone who they feel is on the limelight. But nobody ever suspects him! As a matter of fact, they've found a way to make him look like the victim.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Houseofglam7(f): 7:17pm On May 02, 2022
undecided
Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by naija4life247: 7:17pm On May 02, 2022
Obviously.

Same nonsense the Almajari did in Kwara State. The bastard will rather buy Hummer buses for Islamic Clerics in Kwara rather than pay workers' salaries

436 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:17pm On May 02, 2022
All these adjectives for Saraki haaa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:18pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Not paying works salaries is an attitude of Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.
Hezzyluv:
Lol...
Politicians using Nigeria masses play ludo sotey.... Yahaya Bello of all people who can't pay salaries of his workers coming out to contest for presidency grin

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Skillsnigeria: 7:19pm On May 02, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:19pm On May 02, 2022
So who should be the president elect then...
Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by Pocketnews: 7:19pm On May 02, 2022
I heard before you enter his office you must pull your shoes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Is Arrogant, Corrupt, Won’t Pay Workers’ Salaries If Elected - Kperogi by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:20pm On May 02, 2022
I ve seen Saraki from close range. I know people who have worked directly with him. Dude is super arrogant. Power drunk. A real spoilt child of the rich. Lastly, we all know how corrupt he is.

11 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Coup: Tinubu, ECOWAS In Dilemma On Deadline Day / Ribadu Testifies On Ibori's $15m Bribe & Attempts On His Life / Edo Unemployment Rate Falls From 25.1% To 19%, Obaseki Claims Achievement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.