Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US (28996 Views)

Biden Reacts To Overturn Of Abortion Rights By Supreme Court / Women March For Abortion Rights In US (Pictures, Video) / Trump Backs Plan To Overturn Election Result In Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by sapele914(m): 10:23am On May 03, 2022
chatinent:
Nigeria no understand the reason but they'll follow soon.
If na Supreme Court of Nigeria over rule it’s own judgement, We no for hear word again, gist would be say APC & Buhari done destroy Nigeria?
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:24am On May 03, 2022
Neminc:

Arrant nonsense, each state will be free to make their laws on abortion just like the constitution said. Roe vs Wade was an anomaly and it's about time it got kicked to the curb. And you WILL abide by the laws made by the states, you rants on the internet are irrelevant.
Roe was not an anomaly.
You have no idea about the basis for the decision and how it can impact other cases go and read instead of reasoning like an illiterate .
Get lost the law will not stand so just know this and know peace you cannot criminalise abortions in America that is a lost cause

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Ochyes: 10:25am On May 03, 2022
Abortion is wrong in God's sight even if a man somewhere says they have the right to it. All things should be justified or condemned from God's perspective because He created us all. We are answerable to him. We didn't create ourselves. We are just steward accountable to Him. Anything He ask us to do is for own good. Many have gone their own permissive way and ended messed up. The life of an unborn babe is precious in God's sight.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Nosayer: 10:26am On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Nope, not going to happen. I’d willingly bet my law degree on that.

That would be a great contradiction to the set-up of the Union as I understand it.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Femi8586(m): 10:27am On May 03, 2022
JOACHINpedro:
So Biden was never an anti-christ shocked
I tire for Nigeria superstitions

Mumu. Always looking for ways to drag Christians.

Biden is pro abortion. The democrats support killing babies at will with abortions.

Trump and republicans are the ones fighting against it.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by UncleJudax(m): 10:29am On May 03, 2022
jeff1993:
Abortion should be granted on certain terms like Rape and deformed Babies!!!

U don't have the right to abort a baby when the father of the baby wants the baby!!!... If the courts grants abortion right to women like that then they should also grant right to men choose to pay alimony to their divorced wives.
child support.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by UncleJudax(m): 10:30am On May 03, 2022
JOACHINpedro:
So Biden was never an anti-christ shocked
I tire for Nigeria superstitions
Lol. Biden is certainly a house-tree president but this nothing to do with him.

There are more conservatives in the supreme court.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Neminc: 10:43am On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Roe was not an anomaly.
You have no idea about the basis for the decision and how it can impact other cases go and read instead of reasoning like an illiterate .
Get lost the law will not stand so just know this and know peace you cannot criminalise abortions in America that is a lost cause
Firstly, you're the one reasoning like an illiterate ignoramus, tell me what part of the constitution put issues like abortion under the purview of the federal government. Show me that or go sit your ignorant ass down.

Secondly, your rants are as inconsequential as the "P" in psychology. If the news is true and the Supreme court overturns roe vs wade then you will abide by whatever law is made by the state you reside in, your inconsequential rants not withstanding. Know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:44am On May 03, 2022
Neminc:

[s]Firstly, you're the one reasoning like an illiterate ignoramus, tell me what part of the constitution put issues like abortion under the purview of the federal government. Show me that or go sit your ignorant ass down.

Secondly, your rants are as inconsequential as the "P" in psychology. If the news is true and the Supreme court overturns roe vs wade then you will abide by whatever law is made by the state you reside in, your inconsequential rants not withstanding. Know this and know peace[/s]

Shut up, I will remind you of this later you cannot criminalise abortion in America no matter how hard conservatives try.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by jadajada: 10:45am On May 03, 2022
I am pro-choice
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:45am On May 03, 2022
jadajada:
I am pro-choice
So am I.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by MadamExcellency: 10:47am On May 03, 2022
Crafteck1:

Poverty no be life, unplanned birth na automatic poverty in most cases so any abortion saves lives of both the woman and d responsible man

How much is a condom?

People should take responsibility for their actions. Pregnancy is a biological process and not magic or a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Neminc: 10:48am On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Shut up, I will remind you of this later you cannot criminalise abortion in America no matter how hard conservatives try.
No!! You shut your ignorant mouth up, you're free to go live in any of your numerous liberal hell holes but there's nothing you can do about it if a conservative state decides to criminalize abortion.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by VirileNelly2420: 10:55am On May 03, 2022
Papoz:
I support this.
Assuming u were rape and got impregnated by a mad man. Would u wish to keep such pregnancy?

Or wen a minor is impregnated, let's say 12yrs, u advocate she carries d baby even wen it could pose serious danger to her health?

Plz there's still need for abortion.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Wumibaby(f): 11:01am On May 03, 2022
Get 1 gigabytes for 350, 2gigabytes for 700 naira only
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:08am On May 03, 2022
Neminc:

No!! You shut your ignorant mouth up, you're free to go live in any of your numerous liberal hell holes but there's nothing you can do about it if a conservative state decides to criminalize abortion.
You are blabbing nonsense.

I will not waste my time with a clown who has no idea the disastrous consequences lack to safe abortion brings.

And how it affects women's health

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by bluefilm: 11:14am On May 03, 2022
Built2last:
light comes running and darkness will flee.

I hate the Left. All the evils of this age, they introduced it. Satan is a democrat

The Left is Evil.

Everything about them is Satanic
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Neminc: 11:15am On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

You are blabbing nonsense.

I will not waste my time with a clown who has no idea the disastrous consequences lack to safe abortion brings.

And how it affects women's health
You're the one blabbing like a lunatic. I asked you a simple question, which parts of the constitution put abortion issues under the purview of the federal government? You couldn't answer yet you're ranting like an inebriated drunkard. You are the clown here, the Supreme court would be in order to overturn the anomaly that's roe vs wade and turn abortion issues back to the states just like the constitution intended. You lawless liberals can go pound sand if you don't like it.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Blitzerz: 11:16am On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Wrong. The current SCOTUS is a result of the Republicans and White Republican women are livid about this possibility and are finally seeing their voting choices backfire on them. The women who vote Republican pretend to be pro-life but they are most concerned with women’s rights hence the astronomical turnout at rallies to preserve women’s rights. They have already started to cackle and raise hell and the leak still hasn’t been confirmed. They’ll turn on the Republicans like angry bees in a disturbed hive.
I hear.
Beeyonce
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Susily(m): 11:19am On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Roe was not an anomaly.

Tell us how the law will not stand?? Something that have been voted against by the HIGHEST COURT IN THE LAND

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:22am On May 03, 2022
Susily:

Tell us how the law will not stand?? Something that have been voted against by the HIGHEST COURT IN THE LAND
There is something called civil disobedience.

It does not ban abortions but leaves it to the states.
Republican states aiming to ban abortions are not even finding it easy and you think that lawsuits will not ensue you think that women will go to jail in 2022 for having abortions.
You think the court that legalised it in the first place were stupid right?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Susily(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

There is something called civil disobedience.

It does not ban abortions but leaves it to the states.
Republican states aiming to ban abortions are not even finding it easy and you think that lawsuits will not ensue you think that women will go to jail in 2022 for having abortions.
You think the court that legalised it in the first place were stupid right?

Yeah any woman that flounts the ruling will have to serve jail term. Any other lawsuit that'll ensue won't hold water since the Supreme Court have already ruled on it

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:28am On May 03, 2022
Neminc:

[s]You're the one blabbing like a lunatic. I asked you a simple question, which parts of the constitution put abortion issues under the purview of the federal government? You couldn't answer yet you're ranting like an inebriated drunkard. You are the clown here, the Supreme court would be in order to overturn the anomaly that's roe vs wade and turn abortion issues back to the states just like the constitution intended. You lawless liberals can go pound sand if you don't like it[/s].

Clown.
You don't know zilch I am patiently waiting for the idiot that will take a woman to prison since the states want to criminals it. It is just that you don't have sense if you did you would know that abortion bans does not stop abortions rather it stops safe abortion and risk the health of women.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by lawkenoz(m): 11:29am On May 03, 2022
Adakintroy:
Abortion rights is clearly a complicated issue. As Dave chapelle will say. If you are a man you need to shut the Bleep up on this.

I do not whole support the ideal that a woman should have such an arrogant posture to it. Like I have the right to kill a baba or fetus. It should not be argue in such way. Rather a submissive way of remorse. No one terminate your own process hencce you here. There are many prengnacy that were clearly unforseen. Such as rape or ignorance on the part of immature teens. That i understand. but to categorize all pregnancy as worthy of termination as when deem fit border line arrogant and absorbing individual of responsibility. Sexual practise in modern day has to be cultured. Humans don't know when to mate. Pleasure is the motivation. It s starting problem all by itself.

Yeah and Dave Chappelle didn't stop at "men should be quiet about it", he finished off with "if you women get to decide if the baby lives or die, at least men should get to decide to abandon the baby or be in it's life.

The implication of that statement is evident, abortion rights for women should also come with child support rights for men.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:29am On May 03, 2022
Susily:

Yeah any woman that flounts the ruling will have to serve jail term. Any other lawsuit that'll ensue won't hold water since the Supreme Court have already ruled on it

Women will not go to jail for having abortions in America the court has ended up committing suicide and mocking itself.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Susily(m): 11:42am On May 03, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Women will not go to jail for having abortions in America the court has ended up committing suicide and mocking itself.

Women don't need to go to jail but the health care practitioner that flounts the law will

You think doctors will now oblige women who want abortion

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Adakintroy: 11:44am On May 03, 2022
lawkenoz:

Yeah and Dave Chappelle didn't stop at "men should be quiet about it", he finished off with "if you women get to decide if the baby lives or die, at least men should get to decide to abandon the baby or be in it's life.

The implication of that statement is evident, abortion rights for women should also come with child support rights for men.

The first question should then be who intitiates the process of life.?
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 11:44am On May 03, 2022
jonio77:
I have been defrauded by a nairalander (+234 701 557 9432) claimed to be a gift cards seller last night..I sent him gift cards and since the guy disappeared a s can't be found..pls be careful dealing with people here on this Nairalander forum... Do not patronize any gift cards seller here..theyare fraudulent

Just download CARDTONIC and redeem your gift cards yourself
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:51am On May 03, 2022
Susily:

Women don't need to go to jail but the health care practitioner that flounts the law will

You think doctors will now oblige women who want abortion

Lol, doctors will still do it

The decision is silly.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by jaxxy(m): 11:53am On May 03, 2022
Hmmn
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by sniperr007(m): 12:10pm On May 03, 2022
Your heading us false.

The ought to vote against it. But them never announce am.
Re: Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US by RedEnergy: 12:13pm On May 03, 2022
Oluwomonext212:
Nigerians committed abortion crime more than the US.... It's illegally done here every minutes like it's legal. So is God going to destroy Nigeria in a matter of time too ?
What kind of dumb question is this; is Nigeria not destroyed already

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Troops Arrest Osama Bani Fadl Suspected Of Killing Israeli Father, Son / Video Of The Man Throwing Eggs At King Charles / Zuma Protest: Crowds Rampage, Hospital Operations Disrupted As Looting Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.