Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) (46776 Views)

How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) / My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by greypencils: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

We are glad you like it. We eat oil too you know grin
Iffa hear
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2022
greypencils:
Iffa hear

Not like you guys, but oil dey dey our soup nah.
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by greypencils: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Not like you guys, but oil dey dey our soup nah.
You yourself, you know the truth. I like pocohantas soup sha cos of the oil. I never taste am o, but I sure say e no go get pepper. Pocohantas and pepper are sworn enemies.

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2022
greypencils:
You yourself, you know the truth. I like pocohantas soup sha cos of the oil. I never taste am o, but I sure say e no go get pepper. Pocohantas and pepper are sworn enemies.

Pocohantas is a great cook joor. Her kitchen skills are excellent.
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by greypencils: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Pocohantas is a great cook joor. Her kitchen skills are excellent.
Yeah! Apart from the pepper...
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by salih005: 10:06am On Aug 12, 2022
nice

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Dreadlock69(m): 11:11am On Aug 12, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNh-LwjjfcU

Egusi soup is widely eaten across the states in Nigeria. This video details the step by step guide on how I make the thick style of Egusi soup for either home use or parties.

Egusi soup is one of the Nigerian soups that when well-prepared gives a craving for more.

In this video, there is a guide on how to make Egusi soup with Uziza leaves, Scent Leaves and Goat Meat, the no frying, lumpy Egusi soup we all love to eat.

You can replicate this and let's see how it came out for you.

Ingredients:

Egusi Seeds/Melon Seeds
Goat Meat
Osu
Okpei
Palm Oil
Uziza Leaves
Scent Leaves
Yellow Scent Pepper
Crayfish
Seasoning
Salt
Onions
Stock fish
Dry Fish

Nice please make a thread bout cat fish peppery soup

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2022
Dreadlock69:

Nice please make a thread bout cat fish peppery soup

Is it like cat fish pepper soup or cat fish Nsala soup?
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Dreadlock69(m): 11:17am On Aug 12, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Is it like cat fish pepper soup or cat fish Nsala soup?

The peppery soup i wan suprise a special someone abeg
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:19am On Aug 12, 2022
Dreadlock69:

The peppery soup i wan suprise a special someone abeg

Ok I will try. Posting the video might take a while. If you don't mind I can give you the write up if the suprise is urgent.
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Dreadlock69(m): 11:22am On Aug 12, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ok I will try. Posting the video might take a while. If you don't mind I can give you the write up if the suprise is urgent.

I’ll appreciate anyone you do

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
Dreadlock69:

I’ll appreciate anyone you do

https://www.nairaland.com/7248498/see-nsala-white-soup-make

� up here is the video link for Nsala soup also known as white soup. I used local chicken and catfish in the video with yam as the thicnker.

It's a step by step guide, you can remove the chicken if you don't want it.

So, if it's just catfish pepper soup, you don't need the yam for thickening.

Use Uziza seeds, Uda seeds and Ehuru (Efuru) and plenty Yellow scent pepper. You can easily get all these in the market.

Pound or blend them till its smooth before adding to the pot that has water already.
Add seasoning and salt to taste.

Wash the fresh cat fish with plenty salt and hot water, not too hot water. It will help remove the slimy things from the cat fish.

Cook till the fish is ready and serve as you wish.

You might like to add fresh Uziza leaves or Utazi leaves for extra flavour and taste before taking it off from the heat.

I hope this helps you and the suprise is well appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Finds Cockroach In Her Sealed Juice (Photos) / Okro Soup And Fufu To Calm Your Nerves. / Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.