Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,467 members, 7,864,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. (714 Views)

Matawalle Rejects Emefiele’s 'Study Leave', Says He Must Give Account To Tinubu / Gowon Should Apologise To Nigerians For Abolishing The 4 Regions We Had / Gowon Should’ve Allowed Igbo Leave – Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by Echile(m): 11:42am On May 04, 2022
Leader of the Pan Niger Delta Forum, Chief Edwin Clark, has said former military Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, should have allowed Igbo to secede at the start of the civil war in 1966.

Clark said this during an interview on Arise TV, where he condemned unfair treatment meted to the South East through concentration of power in the northern region.
He stressed the need for the region to be treated with a sense of belonging and called for political parties, especially the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to zone their presidential tickets to the South East.

He said: “My idea of zoning the presidency to the South East is well known. No Nigerian will like to live in a country where certain people believe they have the only right to lead. The APC believes the 12 million votes by President Muhammadu Buhari might be eroded, if it is zoned to the South. The PDP is also considering zoning to the North. This is unfair.

“Nigeria stood on three legs, and it has never been steady since one of the legs was destroyed during the Civil War. I unpacked all these facts in my forthcoming memoir, Brutally Frank.”

He said there was no moral justification for keeping people who are not being treated fairly, stressing that the region must be accorded sense of belonging. Clark said it was unacceptable for a region to have a domineering spirit because of its population, adding that those opposed to a South East presidency in 2023 are ready to see the end of Nigeria.

He said: “Gowon should have allowed the Igbo to go, if they are to be treated as second-class citizens. If zoning, which will heal the wounds, is not done, there will be no Nigeria. Nobody will remain in this country as a second-class citizen.

“The North believes their population can be used to oppress other Nigerians. This is not acceptable. The era of that has gone. There are many good Northerners but the Fulani-oriented ones want to dominate everywhere.”

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2022
Well said

2023 is an interesting year to the life of every Nigerian because it will make or mar the country

Buhari understands these

Those talking out of ignorance haven't seen war before , because if E start , your mother and father will forget you exist and tryna save there heads first .

We all saw how Tinubu forgot Lagos and all his business and ran out of the country with his private jet for his safety first ..

Let's tryna get it right In 2023 to avoid stories that touch

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by God1000(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2022
Rwanda has moved on since with great strides after the Rwanda genocide, but we are yet to forgive each other in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by sapele914(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Well said
Coming from a Criminal that served as a Federal Commissioner & was convicted for stealing public funds under this same General Gowon?

Hypocrite Papa, when Jonathan was there & was adopted by Ndi Igbo as Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe aka “JEGA”, you did not mention anything?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by majole: 11:47am On May 04, 2022
This old man CLARK has been menstruating since Jonathan was defeated in 2015. He is full of hatred in his heart since then. God protect this country from his like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by Stephenlord(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2022
Echile:

Leader of the Pan Niger Delta Forum, Chief Edwin Clark, has said former military Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, should have allowed Igbo to secede at the start of the civil war in 1966.

Clark said this during an interview on Arise TV, where he condemned unfair treatment meted to the South East through concentration of power in the northern region.
He stressed the need for the region to be treated with a sense of belonging and called for political parties, especially the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to zone their presidential tickets to the South East.

He said: “My idea of zoning the presidency to the South East is well known. No Nigerian will like to live in a country where certain people believe they have the only right to lead. The APC believes the 12 million votes by President Muhammadu Buhari might be eroded, if it is zoned to the South. The PDP is also considering zoning to the North. This is unfair.

“Nigeria stood on three legs, and it has never been steady since one of the legs was destroyed during the Civil War. I unpacked all these facts in my forthcoming memoir, Brutally Frank.”

He said there was no moral justification for keeping people who are not being treated fairly, stressing that the region must be accorded sense of belonging. Clark said it was unacceptable for a region to have a domineering spirit because of its population, adding that those opposed to a South East presidency in 2023 are ready to see the end of Nigeria.

He said: “Gowon should have allowed the Igbo to go, if they are to be treated as second-class citizens. If zoning, which will heal the wounds, is not done, there will be no Nigeria. Nobody will remain in this country as a second-class citizen.

“The North believes their population can be used to oppress other Nigerians. This is not acceptable. The era of that has gone. There are many good Northerners but the Fulani-oriented ones want to dominate everywhere.”

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2022
majole:
This old man CLARK has been menstruating since Jonathan was defeated in 2015. He is full of hatred in his heart since then. God protect this country from his like
Anyone that speaks the truth is a criminal to you Tinubu people

Una go hear word las las

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by Stephenlord(m): 11:54am On May 04, 2022
sapele914:
Coming from a Criminal that served as a Federal Commissioner & was convicted for stealing public funds under this same General Gowon?

Hypocrite Papa, when Jonathan was there & was adopted by Ndi Igbo as Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe aka “JEGA”, you did not mention anything?

Sometimes when children who have no idea of history talk you will begin to regret why we don't have internet cord..
Who adopted who?
It was even Jona that added that to his name just so he will feel among..

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by Nonybb: 11:58am On May 04, 2022
We could have been one of the most prospering countries of the whole

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by HeRulesMen: 12:22pm On May 04, 2022
Right

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 04, 2022
God1000:
Rwanda has moved on since with great strides after the Rwanda genocide, but we are yet to forgive each other in Nigeria

Well said.

Igbos are ones who keep telling the young ones divisive history.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 04, 2022
Nonybb:
We could have been one of the most prospering countries of the whole

If Igbos forget the past and ignore divisive history.

They are the ones who killed Nigeria,they are also the ones to resurrect it.

Igbos can't have the chance to retalliate,so they better forget past,dump the history and restart anew.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by perez100: 1:01pm On May 04, 2022
Lol, I have nothing to explain to Yoruba Muslims because they are devilish in nature and full of evil in nature. They are cowards that like to hide behind North to instigate trouble and run to hide. How many Yoruba Muslims fought during that civil war? But you will always see them shouting "we will bring the war to your doorsteps.". "Try and bring that your nonsense to South West."

I started hearing that Igbos cannot rule Nigeria again when I was in Primary School, yet they are telling us that Igbos does not want to forgive the civil war, and that our fathers are teaching us to hate others even when their evil against Igbos can be smelt by a blind man.

I don't need my elders to tell me to get angry because of the injustice against the Igbos because I can see it by myself. Every Igbo person can see it.

Obasanjo and Atiku - the Yorubas said Atiku is corrupt but Buhari and Osibanjo - the Yorubas said Buhari is corrupt that Osibanjo has no power to make policies. So, Atiku had power to make policies? You can see this hateful tribe.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by Ekpeitit(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2022
Yes but the Igbos never wanted to leave alone,they can't survive without the oil of the minority tribes of the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by Conrod: 1:31pm On May 04, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

If Igbos forget the past and ignore divisive history.

They are the ones who killed Nigeria,they are also the ones to resurrect it.

Igbos can't have the chance to retalliate,so they better forget past,dump the history and restart anew.
You mean we should adopt your ILORIN template a.k.a stockholm syndrom ?....NO.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Gowon Should Have Allowed Igbo Leave, Says Clark. by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 04, 2022
Echile:

What stopped Goodluck Jonathan from allowing them go

(1) (Reply)

Trailer Conveying Cows Set Ablaze In Anambra / BREAKING: ASUU Strike: Call Off, Consider Students – Buhari Begs Lecturers / As Ogbeide Ihama Loses Out Of Edo PDP Primaries, Orbih, Ihama, Others Move To NN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.