Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,279 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland (1095 Views)

Leaked Docs Suggest WW3 As NATO Army Ready For China, Russia May Take On Germany / Jens Stoltenberg Warns Russia That Attack On Arms Convoys Will Be An Escalation / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by SeeThisLoser: 7:38pm On May 04, 2022
British tanks join Nato war games in Finland as Defence Secretary warns Putin that UK would support Finns or Swedes if Russians invaded even if they don't join defence alliance.

British tanks have been pictured in war games action alongside their Nato allies as the UK warned they would come to the aid of Finland and Sweden if they were attacked by Vladimir Putin's forces.

Challenger 2 tanks and troops from the Queen's Royal Hussars worked alongside members of the Finnish Armoured Brigade and American, Latvian and Estonian allies in as the military alliance today flexed its muscles in response to Russian aggression.

The war games, dubbed Exercise Arrow, will see Nato troops work alongside Finnish units to improve joint responses and to improve mechanised units' operational land viability in varied environments.

Service personnel, reservists and conscripts will also be tested on their abilities as the exercise kicked off today and will last until Friday, May 13.

Tens of thousands of Nato and Joint Expeditionary Force troops are expected to be involved in war drills across the continent this summer in the wake of Putin's bloody invasion in Ukraine.

The developments come as Defence Secretary Ben Wallace warned it was 'inconceivable' that the UK would not 'support' the Scandinavian states, which have been threatened by Moscow.

Finland and its neighbour Sweden have expressed a desire to join the military pact since Putin launched his savage invasion of Ukraine in February.

Reuters reported this week that Helsinki will formally announce its bid to join on May 12 with Sweden following suit days later.

Flanking his Finnish counterpart Antti Kaikkonen on a visit to Finland to see UK troops take part in military exercises, Mr Wallace said stressed that alliances between European countries 'make us safer'.

He told reporters it is 'entirely for the freedom of Finland to choose' whether it wants to become a Nato member, and added he is not going to 'lobby or direct' what it should do.

Mr Wallace said: 'Do I think if Finland didn't join Nato Britain wouldn't come along to help? No. Britain will always be here in the Nordics, to be part of you, to help you, to support you.

'It is inconceivable that Britain would not come to the support of Finland, or Sweden, if it was ever attacked, without any big formal agreement. We are European countries who share the same values, who have deep, long histories.

'A significant number of the British population seem to be descended from Vikings anyhow, so we have that cultural link.

'I cannot conceive a time when we wouldn't come to support Finland and Sweden no matter where they were with the Nato debate or where they are with agreements.'

Finland and Sweden have historically avoided NATO membership, despite close alignment with the West, in an effort not to provoke Russia.

Both have been militarily non-aligned since the Second World War. Sweden had maintained its policy of neutrality - which had begun in the early 19th century - throughout the war wanting to avoid being drawn into a conflict that was engulfing the nearby powers of Germany and the Soviet Union.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10782427/Ben-Wallace-warns-Russia-UK-support-Finland-Sweden-attacked.html

Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Tolupe: 7:40pm On May 04, 2022
Abeg people should rest
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Tinubuadvocate: 7:41pm On May 04, 2022
I wish Russia can turn the whole of Britain to graveyard.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by masterplan303(m): 7:49pm On May 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
It shall not be well with you

1 Like

Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by SeeThisLoser: 7:50pm On May 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

Terrorist
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by unclejb2(m): 7:52pm On May 04, 2022
If Finland and Sweden joins NATO, the whole aim of the Ukraine invasion by Putin is completely defeated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Tinubuadvocate: 7:52pm On May 04, 2022
I knew it as always hard for you that's why you reason this way.
masterplan303:

It shall not be well with you

3 Likes

Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Tinubuadvocate: 7:54pm On May 04, 2022
I'm not ipob supporter mr man.
SeeThisLoser:

Terrorist
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Dreamhighnow(m): 7:55pm On May 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

And may it be unto you according to your wishes
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by chibuike65: 7:57pm On May 04, 2022
Just finished reading how to get saved during a nuclear blast, God will help us last last all of us go die
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by RacistProudIgbo: 7:58pm On May 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

Where will your useless Tunibu and hopeless Fuhari ran to for their sinking health conditions. What of over a million destitudes from Yoruba race hanging in london, can you feed them from osogbo?... You no get sense at all.
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Sergio104(m): 7:58pm On May 04, 2022
Russia please..... seeing the ruins of UK gonna be among the sweetest thing to me

1 Like

Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Tinubuadvocate: 8:04pm On May 04, 2022
Olodo I don't know what you are talking about.
RacistProudIgbo:

Where will your useless Tunibu and hopeless Fuhari ran to for their sinking health conditions. What of over a million destitudes from Yoruba race hanging in london, can you feed them from osogbo?... You no get sense at all.
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by omis1(m): 8:04pm On May 04, 2022
Sergio104:
Russia please..... seeing the ruins of UK gonna be among the sweetest thing to me
u are goin to have to wait till ur bones turn dust In ur Grave cause it will never happen
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Samuelnze(m): 8:39pm On May 04, 2022
Enough of all these.
one missile should just mistakenly hit A.S.O. rock, and end this madness in this country.

1 Like

Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by sapientia(m): 8:47pm On May 04, 2022
That's a bold one

Tinubuadvocate:

Muslim Terrorist
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by RacistProudIgbo: 9:37pm On May 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Olodo I don't know what you are talking about.

Shut up, Mpi.

1 Like

Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by baralatie(m): 9:57pm On May 04, 2022
unclejb2:
If Finland and Sweden joins NATO, the whole aim of the Ukraine invasion by Putin is completely defeated.
Not the way you put it o
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by kmaster007: 10:09pm On May 04, 2022
Honestly
Tinubuadvocate:
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by SeeThisLoser: 11:45pm On May 04, 2022
kmaster007:
Honestly

Terrorist sympathiser
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by VictorUSA(m): 7:06am On May 05, 2022
This is what putin actually doesn't want.He invaded ukraine in part because they want to join NATO, and now another neighbouring country will declare its interest to join on May 12 three days before my birthday.
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Taba21: 10:39am On May 05, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

Russia has warned that it will hit England and Ireland with a nuclear tsunami that would turn England into a radioactive ash
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by Tinubuadvocate: 10:50am On May 05, 2022
Good hope they fulfill that promise soon .
Taba21:

Russia has warned that it will hit England and Ireland with a nuclear tsunami that would turn England into a radioactive ash
Re: Britain Warns Russia As NATO Ramps Up War Games In Finland by kmaster007: 12:14pm On May 05, 2022
Ur prblm
SeeThisLoser:

Terrorist sympathiser

(1) (Reply)

Israel-hamas War: Saudi Arabia Summons Emergency Meeting Of Islamic Countries / Daily New Yorker: Obama Bin Laden Has Been Found / What is The Difference Between Communism And Capitalism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.