Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,280 members, 7,829,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League (38220 Views)

2023 Ballon D’or: Who Can Stop Messi From Winning An Eighth Trophy / Messi Names Six Clubs That Can Stop PSG From Winning Champions League / Plateau United Received For N50,000,000 For Winning The NPFL (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by frog12: 11:46am On May 05, 2022
i never really like MC. maybe it's the list of its strange team roster

mastermaestro:

There was no nearly on Aguero’s case. He practically destroyed Aguero’s footballing career. Your observation of him is very accurate. Pep doesn’t have the confidence to cope with influential players.

The reason he left Barca was because of Messi’s surging influence in the club. He knew that it was impossible to throw Messi out. He had to leave himself.

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by tarantino1: 11:47am On May 05, 2022
SmartyPants:

But he liked Messi and Xavi? Who has been more influential than those two?

Cos Messi been dey do boy boy for am. When Messi eventually became his own man and started to disagree with him, wetin happen?

No be that year Pep comot Barca?
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Burna440(m): 11:48am On May 05, 2022
paulolee:
lolz...curses dnt exist in football.....yaya wen d same way kompany, silver, aguero n now fernandinho all left...why the rest no curse am?

Bro curses work, have you read the story of Liverpool and Grobelar? Their former African origin goal keeper... go check it out
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by lexy2014: 11:49am On May 05, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Bros nor dey make excuses...

Have u not noticed the way he gets eliminated from the competition in the past 10 years..
Most times to teams that are not stronger than his on a normal day

On a normal day, would he have lost to Lyon or Monaco with the kind of squad he has

Even yesterday match sef, na the curse make Madrid equalize because guardiola hardly loses 2 goal lead especially in the champions league..

For someone who has major successes in the domestic scene, his elimination is always surprising

He gats go ivory coast go beg if he wan touch that trophy very soon

So if he had beat Lyon would he have won the Bayern that won the CL that season?
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Kyase(m): 11:52am On May 05, 2022
Lamasta:

Be deceivingly deceiving yourself
Are you okay brother grin
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Emmyxclusive: 11:53am On May 05, 2022
My problem with this write-up is that you referred to city as the blues, we are Chelsea! We are the blues!,

1 Like

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by blueAgent(m): 11:56am On May 05, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
The Racist of Catalonia is an overrated oil-money manager

If you can go 3 years with THAT Bayern squad and fail to win ONE UCL, you are average.

Do you even know the meaning of racists?

Your school failed you.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Nobody: 11:57am On May 05, 2022
Maverick777:

hasn't Benfica been winning her league?
ask yourself this, is any team from portugal good enough to win either europa or uefa champions league? NO
make we dey use our head at times

Didn't Porto win UCL, so why not Benefica?
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:57am On May 05, 2022
DoveXlover:
Now that they are out of the champions league, that's impossible.
Liverpool are even in danger of losing both the champions league and the league.
The pressure on them is now very high.

Pressure on who, lol, Liverpool na mentality giant, they can do and undo, they have got a win clean or win dirty mentality, that’s what man city DONT have
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by SecretReporter(f): 11:57am On May 05, 2022
DoveXlover:
Now that they are out of the champions league, that's impossible.
Liverpool are even in danger of losing both the champions league and the league.
The pressure on them is now very high.
which pressure, what do u even know about football?
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by blueAgent(m): 11:58am On May 05, 2022
Burna440:

Bro curses work, have you read the story of Liverpool and Grobelar? Their former African origin goal keeper... go check it out

Africans have the so much power to curse Pep but they don't have the power to get of of their 3rd World status and backwardness.

Why not curse their useless politicians?

Clowns.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by jrusky(m): 11:58am On May 05, 2022
Rossonero:
Personally, I never wanted this man to win the Champions League with Mancity. He thinks his decisions are always right about everything on and off the pitch. Good he's out. Chased out almost all City's legends when he arrived. Nonsense.

Saying *almost* chasing all the club legend is under statement this useless man actially chased all the legend out I always see him as a pretending racist bastard.

When he was in Barca he hardly allow any black to breath since then I hate this Schnapp bottle shape head mofo like hell.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by blueAgent(m): 11:59am On May 05, 2022
enonche85:

I disagree, City will die there knowing it's their only hope of a trophy this season. Liverpool have FA cup, CL finals in addition to PL, the load go heavy to carry for them.

I only see Liverpool winning the CL but loosing both FA cup and PL.

They can't beat Madrid, Madrid is divinely favoured.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Maverick777: 11:59am On May 05, 2022
Faller:

Didn't Porto win UCL, so why not Benefica?
Porto won champions league solely because they had a genius in Jose Mourinho, since then till now quarter final has been their appex!
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by blueAgent(m): 12:01pm On May 05, 2022
candygist:

Buy he gave other players chance. So because of one man you all want pep to be a failure. Nigerians and backwardness are like 5&6.

You dey mind the fools?

Must think like Kids.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by lordally(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2022
tweakdude1:

You say curses don't exist in football. Ask Benfica how far.

Abeg wetin Benfica do...reason me abeg
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by seborrhic: 12:02pm On May 05, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

If you can go 3 years with THAT Bayern squad and fail to win ONE UCL, you are average.
Q.E.D
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by blueAgent(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2022
SmartyPants:

Wrong.

The pressure is less on Liverpool because they know they can slip up in one and still have a chance in the other. The only danger is not taking one as seriously as the other which won't happen at this late stage.

Secondly, there is a psychological boost Liverpool gets from making the final whereas Man City are in danger of a loss of confidence or morale.

Normally, the only time competing in both the CL and PL is dangerous is when there are plenty games to play and you dont have a big squad. Players will get tired or injured. But with only one more CL game to go, there's no issue.

Story keep deceiving yourself.

From quadruple to only Caraboo cup.
Watch it.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by blueAgent(m): 12:05pm On May 05, 2022
mastermaestro:

Why do you think he left Barca at the time?
The reason was that Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Pique were becoming too influential in the club. They began to question some of his team selections and failed signings.

That’s why he left on a low. I think they won only Copa Del Rey in his final season. Tensions between him and these players had gone out of control. I can remember during one of his last league matches where Messi went to embrace him after he had scored. It was just to calm the already high tensions.

It is the same reason he left Bayern.

I laugh when ppl talk beyond what they know.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Slynation(m): 12:09pm On May 05, 2022
frog12:
wasn't this benjamin mendy the one in prison on rape charges?? blacks and their love for white women. are you sure it was not a setup to remove him from MC?

Yea, that him...!! On a second thought your claim might be right, because this white ladies can go to any length just because the law favours them...!!
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by blueAgent(m): 12:13pm On May 05, 2022
Slynation:
Let's call a spade a spade...I'm a full time Stuanch Barcelona Fan, Yaya Toure was one of the best DM in Barcelona, what I loved especially was his accurate outside 18 shots which Barcelona is still missing till today after Iniesta left...But the Youngman accepted in good faith and left Barcelona only to become the Talisman in Manchester City that brought about the resurgence and emergence of the City we know today, Guardiola still came to city without trying Yaya Toure and benched him for almost an entire season, what else can you can this other than personal hate on Africans/blacks...

I noticed it was only when intensed questions started pouring in from football journalists about him not making use of blacks that he ran and bought Benjamin Mendy just to subdue the matters...

Can any Coach in the world say Messi/CR-7/Mbappe etc doesn't suit my style of football??

If you say it's because he doesn't like his style of football, As a coach, then make him adpat to your own style then if he doesn't, he can be axed because even fans will turn against him instead of writing a player off completely without giving them a chance...!!

Sometimes try and reason before talking.

Is Gabriel Jesus,Mendy,Sterling,Fernadinho, Ake and many other Man city players not black?

When he dropped Man city first choice keeper Joe Harts a white England number one keeper , why did ppl not call him racists?

Was Deco,Harts,Aguero black?

Why did Klopp sell Lallana,Luis Alberto,and many other players he dropped?
He could have made them to learn and play his style.

It's obvious you know little about football, you think Cr7 would fitin in a klopp or PEP team?

Blacks always feel inferior and victimised even when it is not true.

2 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Slynation(m): 12:22pm On May 05, 2022
Maverick777:

hasn't Benfica been winning her league?
ask yourself this, is any team from portugal good enough to win either europa or uefa champions league? NO
make we dey use our head at times
Benfica might not be a match for Champions league but they are definitely a force to reckon with when it comes to Europa League and they have reached the final on numerous occasions only to be denied by something perceived to be a curse...When they last met Chelsea in the Europa League final 2013, if you can remember, if was as if pure voodoo was working against them, they missed so many clear chances that even my grandmother of 96years would have easily kicked that ball into the net...Same thing happened to Man city during the last CL finals, they were favourite to win the competition, but someone,they couldn't find there feet on that day.

Even Benfica admitted the curse of Bela Guttman is working against them but here you are defending rubbish just to prove a point...grin

1 Like

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by SmartyPants(m): 12:23pm On May 05, 2022
blueAgent:

Story keep deceiving yourself.

From quadruple to only Caraboo cup.
Watch it.

I'm a man utd fan so couldnt really care either way. Just facts
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by OtemAtum: 12:24pm On May 05, 2022
dawnomike:
They were not as influential before he joined the club
Exactly. Ronaldinho was the influential one back then and he threw him away.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by mastermaestro(m): 12:26pm On May 05, 2022
blueAgent:

I laugh when ppl talk beyond what they know.

How do you mean, Mr Know?
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by good4all40: 12:26pm On May 05, 2022
Truly losing can be very painful especially when you are minutes away from winning with a two goal lead.

Removing KDB was not the problem because his substitute contributed to the only goal scored. but removing Mahraz and Jesus was a big flop from Pep. You had 9 shots on target already that shows you are not doing Bad.

Sometimes you need to give it up for Morinho in a game like this, having 2 goals advantage and just 2 minutes to go excluding added time, he will tell the players to die there.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Lamasta(m): 12:28pm On May 05, 2022
Kyase:

Are you okay brother grin
After yesterday's loss
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by blueAgent(m): 12:28pm On May 05, 2022
mastermaestro:

How do you mean, Mr Know?

You have no evidence neither where you there in their dressing room.

All you said is just guess work.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Kyase(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2022
Lamasta:

After yesterday's loss
Yes bro, be strong....
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Maverick777: 12:35pm On May 05, 2022
Slynation:
Benfica might not be a match for Champions league but they are definitely a force to reckon with when it comes to Europa League and they have reached the final on numerous occasions only to be denied by something perceived to be a curse...When they last met Chelsea in the Europa League final 2013, if you can remember, if was as if pure voodoo was working against them, they missed so many clear chances that even my grandmother of 96years would have easily kicked that ball into the net...Same thing happened to Man city during the last CL finals, they were favourite to win the competition, but someone,they couldn't find there feet on that day.

Even Benfica admitted the curse of Bela Guttman is working against them but here you are defending rubbish just to prove a point...grin
For what its worth, i would respond to you one last time, if only to school you.
before then(2013), Benfica last reached a major European final in the 1990's. Secondly, on that very day, unfortunately for you, i saw the match. the only clear cut chance Benfica missed, was a half chance that fell to NICO GUAITAN (their then star player) and he scuffed it. apart from that, it was all possession for the sake of it and Chelsea duly beat them. lastly, it was Juan Jesus(a former long serving coach of theirs ), who even said that gibberish against them and not whatever nonsense you got from google.

As you were...
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Slynation(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2022
blueAgent:

Sometimes try and reason before talking.

Is Gabriel Jesus,Mendy,Sterling,Fernadinho, Ake and many other Man city players not black?

When he dropped Man city first choice keeper Joe Harts a white England number one keeper , why did ppl not call him racists?

Was Deco,Harts,Aguero black?

Why did Klopp sell Lallana,Luis Alberto,and many other players he dropped?
He could have made them to learn and play his style.

It's obvious you know little about football, you think Cr7 would fit in in a klopp or PEP team?

Blacks always feel inferior and victimised even when it is not true.
Let pretend I didn't see the part where you said I know nothing about football but I know a lot about voodoo and its effects and I can assure you that's what is working against Pep...

You that knows alot about football, was it not the same Pep Guardiola that fought to sign CR-7 last summer until Manchester United came from behind and hijacked that deal, You just busy defending rubbish...grin

I can understand Pep axed Joe Hart because he loves keeper who can start and keep play from the back, The only Deco I know played for Chelsea, And I'm still wondering why you added Aguero's name to the list...

Talking about Kloop that he dropped Luiz Alberto and Adam Lallana shows you have been watching only pictures of football, It is the same Alberto that flopped massively in Liverpool or the always Injury prone Lallana...

Baba go dey watch telemundo, football is definitely not for you...!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Super Falcons Dance Zanku In Cyprus As They Win Match Against Slovakia / Chelsea Players Celebrate UEFA Super Cup Win In Dressing Room (Photos) / Copa America: Brazil Star Neymar Carried Off In Tears After Injury Again!(Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.