Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Should I Accept The New Job Offer? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Accept The New Job Offer? (13125 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Otorisirieze Obi-young Gets New Job After Sack / Should I Accept This Job Or Move On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 05, 2022
My current employer pays me N50k monthly with accommodation & transport benefits. Now, I have a new job offer of N80k salary with no accommodation. And the monthly estimation of transport fare for the new job would be N36k (from the N80k). But the only thing I am considering now is the new position I am offered, which would be of great value to my career pursuit. The new pay is nothing to write about, I am only considering the value the new position would add to my CV. Actually, our agreement during the interview was N80k for the three months' probationary period & there would be increment with satisfactory performance. The first offer letter they sent had N60k pay for the probation & N20k increment afterwards, which I rejected. The new offer letter has N80k pay with no increment after the probation. And, I would sign a year contract with them. I doubt surviving in Lagos with the salary. My current job is not in Lagos.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I have just 24hrs to accept or reject the offer.

It's a field engineering. I am currently a technician & now offered a field engineer's position (team lead).

Thanks in anticipation for your inputs.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by xaliujokes(m): 5:29pm On May 05, 2022
If you have mentioned the type of work and company, it'll be easier to give good advice.

But I can't advice you on a job I don't know about. You are only considering the pay here. Let's know the nature of both jobs.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:34pm On May 05, 2022
mention your position now and the new position

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Bluntguy: 5:35pm On May 05, 2022
They have started shifting the goal post on you this early momo. Look very well before you leap bro. You may have money issues with this new organisation after the probation. Just be careful.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Ussycool: 5:38pm On May 05, 2022
Career growth shoukd be your priority. You see that is what new offer will bring...

6 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 05, 2022
xaliujokes:
If you have mentioned the type of work and company, it'll be easier to give good advice.

But I can't advice you on a job I don't know about. You are only considering the pay here. Let's know the nature of both jobs.

MrBrownJay1:
mention your position now and the new position

I've just updated the post. Thanks
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Nobody: 1:54am On May 06, 2022
Kindly move to the FP, CrazyMan, 1forall. I don't want to make a wrong decision.
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Nobody: 1:57am On May 06, 2022
LOVEGINO:
d person wey do u don die aswear.

I have no belief in your assertion. It's just 18 months into the career & with my skill, I believe a better offer would come soon.

Update: Offer declined.

Thanks to all.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by 1forall: 8:49am On May 06, 2022
That you're yet to start work and they're already displaying a lack of integrity over your pay is a red flag. Look well before you leap.

21 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by judecares1(m): 12:58pm On May 06, 2022
My dear,everything about naija job is not d pay but peace of mind.
i will advise you to ask some staffs of d company or possibly the security man,the nature of d company and other questions you feel like asking,with this,u can decide on what u want but most importantly dont resign now from your current job

11 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by STEWpid(f): 12:59pm On May 06, 2022
Both the first and second, you don't have a job bro.

Nevertheless, I advice you stay with your first job. Plan to harness some monies to start doing something (self employed biz) but you must first remove your ego or pride. I advice you go into livestock.

Even if you like, work for life in either of the two companies, You can Never Achieve Anything That Makes Real Meaning.

18 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:59pm On May 06, 2022
Stay put where you are till you see a much better offer.

But, the truth is that , at the end of the day, you will still be the one to make the final choice, no matter what we all type here.

Goodluck and all the best.�

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by ogododo: 1:00pm On May 06, 2022
SirDelight:
My current employer pays me N50k monthly with accommodation & transport benefits. Now, I have a new job offer of N80k salary with no accommodation. And the monthly estimation of transport fare for the new job would be N36k (from the N80k). But the only thing I am considering now is the new position I am offered, which would be of great value to my career pursuit. The new pay is nothing to write about, I am only considering the value the new position would add to my CV. Actually, our agreement during the interview was N80k for the three months' probationary period & there would be increment with satisfactory performance. The first offer letter they sent had N60k pay for the probation & N20k increment afterwards, which I rejected. The new offer letter has N80k pay with no increment after the probation. And, I would sign a year contract with them. I doubt surviving in Lagos with the salary. My current job is not in Lagos.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I have just 24hrs to accept or reject the offer.

It's a field engineering. I am currently a technician & now offered a field engineer's position (team lead).

You get accommodation for Lagos? That 80k dem don deduct taxes. If you no chop at all, you go spend 1k per day for food. Kaja well oo bros.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by PremiumTech: 1:00pm On May 06, 2022
Stay on the present job which offers accommodation. You can move on when you get another offer from 200,000 NGN.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:01pm On May 06, 2022
Hh
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by anyilalaz: 1:02pm On May 06, 2022
SirDelight:

we have so many engineers on this forum. Kindly be specific in areas of field then you may get a better suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by OboOlora(f): 1:02pm On May 06, 2022
Nigerians and talking vaguely
How do you want us to advise u when we don’t even know this new position and the value it adds to your CV

Then the figures u quoting, I hope it’s in Dollars or pounds

If not, u don’t need a career change, u need to change u country u are!
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:02pm On May 06, 2022
Deduct accommodation and transport fare costs from 86k let see how much its remain then we can conclude on which one to accept

4 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 06, 2022
My brother stay where you are till you see a offer that is worth resigning from your present job.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by SavageResponse(m): 1:03pm On May 06, 2022
I would have advised that you take up the new job offer but I have a feeling that the new company is not financially bouyant enough to pay your salary regularly

6 Likes

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Shineoneday: 1:03pm On May 06, 2022
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by ecolime(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2022
Go for the new job if the company is reputable and job security is great.

You've gotta leave your comfort zone if you want a long term career satisfaction.

I'm sure you don't wanna be a Technician forever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Dakagara: 1:05pm On May 06, 2022
Accept if you want Any ways

"stop wasting money on music producers" when You can produce industry standard songs on your phone for free I am looking for 100 interested people to teach how to produce a studio quality song on your android phone with all the softwares all for 1000 naira only , are you interested, do you want to start producing your own songs message me on WhatsApp now o9ol46l4984

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ1tWGaNmhU&t=9s
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by idu1(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2022
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction / List Of Petroleum & Exploration Companies In Nigeria & Their Website. / A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.