Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,346 members, 7,853,535 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

Are Igbo People Marginalized? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbo People Marginalized? (1249 Views)

Why Are Igala People Marginalized In Anambra State? / How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities / Igbos Are Not Being Cheated Or Marginalized- Sen. Ndume Says As He Slams Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 06, 2022
The answer is NO.

The only reason igbo people say they are marginalized is because they haven't gotten presidency. That is their only reason.

An igbo man was senate president, another was secretary to the government, ministers, some are top dogs in the military, in the banking sector while many igbo traders are residing in other part of the country carrying out trade, with all these achievements, they still claim they are marginalized.

There are many tribes in Nigeria, who are not represented in politics, business,military or in federal government jobs, nobody care about them, these tribes are the marginalized tribes in Nigeria but you never hear their complaints because of they have no opportunity to be heard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Parachoko: 1:05pm On May 06, 2022
Igbos are not marginalise.

But there is a need for balance between the South and North.

There should be equal number of state, LG areas and House of Representative members between Southern and Northern Nigeria.
Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:16pm On May 06, 2022
Parachoko:

There should be equal number of state, LG areas and House of Representative members between Southern and Northern Nigeria.
So you mean a state as big as Niger State should have the same number of LG as Bayelsa does cos of equality?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by unitybeggerz: 4:38pm On May 06, 2022
Are Yoruba people marginalized?

Asking stupid questions like this is why we don't want to be in the same country with you.

Carry your goodness and non-marginalization and give it to people who want to be Nigerians.

Stop begging us for yoonity.

Ndi yoonity beggaz cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Parachoko: 4:46pm On May 06, 2022
Perfectbeing:
So you mean a state as big as Niger State should have the same number of LG as Bayelsa does cos of equality?
So you mean Katsina should have more Local Government than a state as populated as Lagos State?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Kyase(m): 4:47pm On May 06, 2022
Parachoko:

I agree with everything you say but common menh, check the map and tell me
North Central alone is bigger than the entire south

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Christistruth02: 4:51pm On May 06, 2022
When Obasanjo wanted to give the SE extra State what did the selfish igbo Leaders do ? Instead of Cooperating with obasanjo they fought themselves over the !ocation of the new State and it's Capital unitil Baba left office

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Christistruth02: 4:52pm On May 06, 2022
When Obasanjo wanted to give the SE extra State what did the selfish igbo Leaders do ? Instead of Cooperating with obasanjo they fought themselves over the !ocation of the new State and it's Capital unitil Baba left office
Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Christistruth02: 4:53pm On May 06, 2022
Kyase:

When Obasanjo wanted to give the SE extra State in 2006 what did the selfish igbo Leaders do ? Instead of Cooperating with obasanjo they fought themselves over the !ocation of the new State and it's Capital unitil Baba left office

Each time Baba chose the Location and Capital another delegarion from the East would go to meet Obasanjo that the location was bad.
All of them wanted their Hometown to be the Capital of the new State and they were warned at the time that their Politics was bad and misplaced because the South needed the extra State so as to level up with the North

The same leaders have now with their eyes wide open handed their Region to Criminals and Cannibals to burn to the ground

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by unitybeggerz: 4:56pm On May 06, 2022
Christistruth02:

When Obasanjo wanted to give the SE extra State in 2006 what did the selfish igbo Leaders do ? Instead of Cooperating with obasanjo they fought themselves over the !ocation of the new State and it's Capital unitil Baba left office
Yeah, that's exactly what happened.

The idiotic parasite leaders from your own region are saints. Igbo leaders are selfish.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Oplomo: 4:58pm On May 06, 2022
Parachoko:

And in the south, you yoruba should take the largest share abi? grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Kyase(m): 5:00pm On May 06, 2022
Christistruth02:

And you think OBJ was sincere with that, he said that and then planted the seed of discort amongst the leaders, and you know the Igbo people are very ambitious in nature, every one wants it....
Ask yourself of all the years OBJ was the president, why must he wait when it was just 7 months for him to leave office before doing that?
OBJ was just been cunning and he played the Igbos elders
Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Oplomo: 5:01pm On May 06, 2022
Parachoko:
So you mean Katsina should have more Local Government than a state as populated as Lagos State?

Since when did you yoruba start believing in population as against landmass? I thought Oyo is bigger than all SE and SS put together and population should not be considered. grin

Ndi ewedu sef. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Christistruth02: 5:02pm On May 06, 2022
unitybeggerz:

Yeah, that's exactly what happened.

The idiotic parasite leaders from your own region are saints. Igbo leaders are selfish.
but

Our leaders are not saints but People are more important

Have you noticed that the SE is now being burnt to the ground by Criminals ?I

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by unitybeggerz: 5:02pm On May 06, 2022
Christistruth02:
but

Our leaders are not saints but People are more important

Have you noticed that the Se is now being burnt to the ground by Criminals ?
Have you noticed that your region is the headquarters of rituals and skull mining?

Have you noticed that Tinubu and his son Osunbandit are fighting dirty outside?

Do you know the number of unreported ritual killings in Ogun state alone suppases Boko Haram attacks in Borno?

Saint cheesy

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Christistruth02: 5:05pm On May 06, 2022
Kyase:

And you think OBJ was sincere with that, he said that and then planted the seed of discort amongst the leaders, and you know the Igbo people are very ambitious in nature, every one wants it....
Ask yourself of all the years OBJ was the president, why must he wait when it was just 7 months for him to leave office before doing that?
OBJ was just been cunning and he played the Igbos elders

Obasanjo was sincere because he wanted to have more leverage over the northern Politicians that Atiku was manipulating against him
It was after the Sharia Riots that Atiku was a Part Sponsor of
Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Kyase(m): 5:08pm On May 06, 2022
Christistruth02:

Obasanjo was sincere because he wanted to have more leverage over the orthern Politicians that Atiku was manipulating against him
It was after the Sharia Riots that Atiku was a Part Sponsor of

Well, it never materialised at the end...
Let's see what the next president will do, I just pray south east gets the presidency this time around seriously....
Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Parachoko: 5:22pm On May 06, 2022
Kyase:

In the Russian Federation, there is a place called Ingushetia, the population is not up to 500,000 and the land mass is the size of Lagos State.

But do you know Ingushetia is one of the Republic located in the Russia Federation? The republic is home to the indigenous Ingush.

There is another Republic in the Russia Federation called Chechnya The population of Chechnya is close to 2,000,000 while the land mass is as big as Ondo State.

The population and landmass of Ingueshetia didn't stop it from becoming a semi autonomous region in the Russia Federation.

Do not also forget, before the military, the North was just a single geopolitical zone while the South had 3.

In Nigeria, we need fairness, if not, people will keep on agitating. Few years ago, no one would have believe Biafra agitation will be this loud in the South East. There is agitation in the South South and South West too, though not as loud as that of the South East.

Only fairness will make Nigeria prosper and last long.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Parachoko: 5:23pm On May 06, 2022
Oplomo:

Since when did you yoruba start believing in population as against landmass? I thought Oyo is bigger than all SE and SS put together and population should not be considered. grin

Ndi ewedu sef. grin
Please man, stop quoting me

You sound so dumb.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Parachoko: 5:25pm On May 06, 2022
Oplomo:

And in the south, you yoruba should take the largest share abi? grin
K

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Kyase(m): 5:36pm On May 06, 2022
Parachoko:
In the Russian Federation, there is a place called Ingushetia, the population is not up to 500,000 and the land mass is the size of Lagos State.

But do you know Ingushetia is one of the Republic located in the Russia Federation? The republic is home to the indigenous Ingush.

There is another Republic in the Russia Federation called Chechnya The population of Chechnya is close to 2,000,000 while the land mass is as big as Ondo State.

The population and landmass of Ingueshetia didn't stop it from becoming a semi autonomous region in the Russia Federation.

Do not also forget, before the military, the North was just a single geopolitical zone while the South had 3.

In Nigeria, we need fairness, if not, people will keep on agitating. Few years ago, no one would have believe Biafra agitation will be this loud in the South East. There is agitation in the South South and South West too, though not as loud as that of the South East.

Only fairness will make Nigeria prosper and last long.

Agitation is everywhere in Nigeria for political reasons, nothing concrete....
I will tell you something, all these agitation won't materialised to anything if not for political bargaining chip, and it won't pass that level......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by unitybeggerz: 5:47pm On May 06, 2022
Kyase:

I will tell you something, all these agitation won't materialised to anything if not for political bargaining chip, and it won't pass that level......
Yoruba man. Everything to you is profit.

I want to be in a different country from Fulani jahadists and cunning Yoruba people like you. I have always said it.

I have done it in 1967 peacefully but your forefathers ran to British to beg them to come and initially beg and later bomb us to force us to come back to your utopia One Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Christistruth02: 6:37pm On May 06, 2022
unitybeggerz:

Have you noticed that your region is the headquarters of rituals and skull mining?

Have you noticed that Tinubu and his son Osunbandit are fighting dirty outside?

Do you know the number of unreported ritual killings in Ogun state alone suppases Boko Haram attacks in Borno?

Saint cheesy
SW Region is also full of Refugees fleeing from your Side everyday
Why are you chasing them away

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Buckeyemedia1: 6:43pm On May 06, 2022
unitybeggerz:

Yoruba man. Everything to you is profit.

I want to be in a different country from Fulani jahadists and cunning Yoruba people like you. I have always said it.

I have done it in 1967 peacefully but your forefathers ran to British to beg them to come and initially beg and later bomb us to force us to come back to your utopia One Nigeria.
Who has stopped you from moving to Biafra Cameroon, who deceived, & whose fault is it that your parents decided to give birth to you in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by November1857(m): 6:45pm On May 06, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Who has stopped you from moving to Biafra Cameroon, who deceived, & whose fault is it that your parents decided to give birth to you in Nigeria?
Lol this is hight of unity begging grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Emergingnation(m): 6:52pm On May 06, 2022
Is there federal present in SE, apart from security operative offices..?
Igbo want a separate country called Biafra where her Federal present will cover every nook and cranny of her...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Buckeyemedia1: 6:52pm On May 06, 2022
November1857:
Lol this is hight of unity begging grin grin
The United States Supreme Court has reversed itself in Roe vs Wade, right to abortion or life, no one forced your parents to give birth to you in Nigeria, there were other options to save you from a life of misery.

Charity they say begins @ home, Nigeria is a way over populated country, too many Almajirins, blame your folks.
Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Buckeyemedia1: 6:55pm On May 06, 2022
Emergingnation:
[b]Is there federal present in SE, apart from security operative offices..?
Igbo want a separate country called Biafra where her Federal present will cover every nook and cranny of her..[/b]
There is also no presence of The Federal Government in the South South, unless it has to do with oil & gas, so why are you whining & wailing as if you are the only one on the island?

All you these selfish minded ipobians.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Emergingnation(m): 7:00pm On May 06, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
There is also no presence of The Federal Government in the South South, unless it has to do with oil & gas, so why are you whining & wailing as if you are the only one on the island?

All you these ipobians.
Lol !we don't wanna be in thesame country with you again.. It that hard to understand.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Parachoko: 7:00pm On May 06, 2022
Kyase:

IPOB agitation is not political, you won't understand how people have been brainwashed in the South East until you go there yourself.

A lot of Igbos in the South East really believe in Biafra, I can assure you 100%. I live in Lagos, and I can assure you if some Yorubas here are to choose between Odua and Nigeria, they will choose Odua.

A lot of Nigerians here in the South are not really committed to One Nigeria. They do not just have a choice for now.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Buckeyemedia1: 7:01pm On May 06, 2022
Emergingnation:
Is there federal present in SE, apart from security operative offices..?
Igbo want a separate country called Biafra where her Federal present will cover every nook and cranny of her...
You have abandoned Emergingnation3, & have now shifted to Emergingnation to continue your propaganda spread?
Re: Are Igbo People Marginalized? by Buckeyemedia1: 7:03pm On May 06, 2022
Parachoko:
IPOB agitation is not political, you won't understand how people have been brainwashed in the South East until you go there yourself.

A lot of Igbos in the South East really believe in Biafra, I can assure you 100%. I live in Lagos, and I can assure you if some Yorubas here are to choose between Odua and Nigeria, they will choose Odua.

A lot of Nigerians here in the South are not really committed to One Nigeria. They do not just have a choice for now.
Nothing is an absolute, even if there was vote life or death, many will cite for death.

Notwithstanding only low life naive tribalist minded people will call for odua or Biafra Country.

Which weapons are you going to use to fight Republic du Benin when they come to claim parts of the new Odua Republic as part of their country, same goes for Biafra when Cameroon comes to claim territory they occupied pre 1884 Berlin conference?

You Clowns will run to Big Brother The Federal Republic of Nigeria for help?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally, Lekan Mustapha, Oduntan Steps Down For Daniel / Bianca Ojukwu Reveals A Deep “Never-Known” Encounter With Peter Obi’s Stinginess / Peter Obi Should Choose Vp From The North Central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.