Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi (12114 Views)

My Experience With The Airtel Binge Plan / What Is The Airtel Code For Whatsapp Monthly Or Weekly Subscription ? / Should I Buy A Wifi Router Or A Cheap Phone As Hotspot Need Urgent Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Hotspotbro(m): 10:33am On May 19, 2022
lightdream:

The WiFi worked without any subscription and gave me free 5GB.
I've resolved mine sef.They didn't register it properly so I had to reregister it all over.
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by lightdream: 9:08pm On May 19, 2022
Hotspotbro:
I've resolved mine sef.They didn't register it properly so I had to reregister it all over.
great
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by iyke1989(m): 5:44pm On May 23, 2022
fados4sure:

In Benin, I get up to 6Mb/s during the day and up to 13MB/s at night.

Airtel is the best in Benin... MTN zap data
bro I'm also in Benin, what plan is the best to use on the Airtel network. I do a lot of Netflix and web browsing..YouTube too
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by iyke1989(m): 5:45pm On May 23, 2022
40GB for 5k? How
ArewaTech1:
To be honest I think when it comes to data Airtel is far better than any other provider in Nigeria.

I get 40GB @5k for 30 days... No other network gives that.

Besides that, all the others (MTN, 9mobile, & Glo) doesn't have a proper LTE connection in my location. It keeps dropping, if I want a stable connection I'll have to step down to H+(hspap) but with Airtel it's LTE+

So for my it's Airtel anyday anytime.
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 23, 2022
iyke1989:
bro I'm also in Benin, what plan is the best to use on the Airtel network. I do a lot of Netflix and web browsing..YouTube too
If it's a new mifi, you are entitle to double data. That is if you sub, 10k for 40gb, they will also give you additional 40gb

Otherwise, select my area when you want to sub. I do get 40gb for 5k on my area

2 Likes

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by ArewaTech1(m): 11:39pm On May 23, 2022
iyke1989:
40GB for 5k? How
*141# >> my area

1 Like

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Rogbese(m): 9:34am On May 31, 2022
pinkyruledworld:

How much is the mtn mifi?

Apologies for the delayed reaponse. The MTN mifi is currently on sale for N8000 at their offices. People outside sell as much as N25k for the same device
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by codeworks(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2022
I cant browse airtel router sim card on mifi airtel. Anyway to resolve this?

Can airtel mifi be unlock
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Bigt23414544: 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2022
Pls what Wi-Fi pocket network is the best to buy in Nigeria
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Parachoko: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2022
Bigt23414544:
Pls what Wi-Fi pocket network is the best to buy in Nigeria
It all depend on ones location.

But I will choose MTN.
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by MasterPDON: 1:57am On Jul 14, 2023
NobleEugene5:
If you considered purchasing Airtel broadband, run. Go for MTN or spectrabet or anything. Airtel is the worst. I purchased unlimited plan on my smartbox, my FUP was exhausted and I was entitled to 10gb data everyday till the end of my validity. I didn't get this data. The first day I had to call over 3 times for them to send it to me. They finally did and after that, I've not gotten it. I've called customer care multiple times and they keep asking me to wait. Airtel is very useless and I have wasted my money. Do not buy broadband from Airtel. heed my warning. Thieves. I will definitely be looking for another broadband provider

Hello, is this still true in 2023? I was considering getting the router exactly for the unlimited ultra plan. If I'm not getting the data I should get after main data is exhausted, then it's a waste. So is is still like that now?

If so, MTN offers the same kind of unlimited plans. Do their own work?
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by bloggerprime: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
MasterPDON:

Hello, is this still true in 2023? I was considering getting the router exactly for the unlimited ultra plan. If I'm not getting the data I should get after main data is exhausted, then it's a waste. So is is still like that now?

If so, MTN offers the same kind of unlimited plans. Do their own work?

Still happens to this day. Recently bought an airtel 5g router, and i have never received the daily compensation on FUP exhaustion
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Randerl: 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
NobleEugene5:
If you considered purchasing Airtel broadband, run. Go for MTN or spectrabet or anything. Airtel is the worst. I purchased unlimited plan on my smartbox, my FUP was exhausted and I was entitled to 10gb data everyday till the end of my validity. I didn't get this data. The first day I had to call over 3 times for them to send it to me. They finally did and after that, I've not gotten it. I've called customer care multiple times and they keep asking me to wait. Airtel is very useless and I have wasted my money. Do not buy broadband from Airtel. heed my warning. Thieves. I will definitely be looking for another broadband provider

Thanks alot. Spectranet will be a better alternative.
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Buzzer99: 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
Randerl:

Thanks alot. Spectranet will be a better alternative.

Hello boss
Whats the difference between unlimited ultra plan 15k for 120gb and normal router plan 15k for 75gb.?
What does it entail?
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by honsule(m): 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2023
bloggerprime:

Still happens to this day. Recently bought an airtel 5g router, and i have never received the daily compensation on FUP exhaustion

I bought airtel 5G smartbox X25 PRO of recent 15/12/2023, the experience is fabulous so far. The guy, at GSM Village Abuja unlocked the Router, mtn 5G is sth else inside the router (See download speed), although i subscribed 5k for 18gb for airtel. but looking at EB 20 Unlimited for 20k
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by gadgetplanetng: 8:59am On Jan 04
honsule:

I bought airtel 5G smartbox X25 PRO of recent 15/12/2023, the experience is fabulous so far. The guy, at GSM Village Abuja unlocked the Router, mtn 5G is sth else inside the router (See download speed), although i subscribed 5k for 18gb for airtel. but looking at EB 20 Unlimited for 20k

How much was the unlock?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me Unlock My Glo Modem / Etisalat Are Cheats / Apps Used By Hackers To Hack Facebook Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.