Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia (6828 Views)

Photo Of Beheaded Franklin-Obi, APC Ward-Chairman In Omoku,rivers State / Asari Dokubo On Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia (Pictures) / Yoruba and Northern Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia (2008 article)- refresher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by sley4life(m): 10:17am On Jul 12, 2011
Omar Mohammed Adamon Sunday beheaded three Nigerians accused of murdering and robbing a fellow citizen, the interior ministry said in a statement carried by the official SPA news agency.

Mohammed Ismail, Abdulqudus Adam and Mohammed Kabir Ali broke into the house of Omar Mohammed Adam where “they beat him and his wife, tied them down and strangled Omar to death,” said the statement.

Then they burgled their compatriot’s home, it added.

The beheadings in the western Red Sea city of Jeddah brings the number of executions in the ultra-conservative kingdom this year to 31, according to an AFP tally based on official and human rights group reports.

On June 10, London-based watchdog Amnesty International called on Saudi Arabia to stop applying the death penalty, saying there had been a significant rise in the number of executions in the previous six weeks.

It said 15 people were executed in May alone.

In 2009, the number of executions reached 67, compared to 102 in 2008.

Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Saudi Arabia’s strict interpretation of Islamic shari’ah law.
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/103571-3-nigerians-beheaded-in-saudi-arabia-for-murder.html

Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by sley4life(m): 10:33am On Jul 12, 2011
hmm. Nigerians should beware. They think Arabs have mercy. But they should have at least tried them before slaughtering them like cow
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by tonyx4x44(m): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2011
insolent bastards ! cry
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by redsun(m): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2011
The saudis are animals but those that rob and kill innocent citizens are animals too and deserves what they got
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Ad4(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2011
You've been informed of the law so you know your purnishment when you disobey.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by sley4life(m): 11:21am On Jul 14, 2011
This is really tragic. Why isnt our govt involved in knowing what happens to our citizens abroad. I havent heard that a foreigner was beheaded in Nigeria for violating the law. One must be careful. Our govt isnt helping his citizens away.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by ektbear: 11:39am On Jul 14, 2011
I don't see the problem. They committed murder and robbery. Isn't the death penalty at least arguably appropriate for those crimes?

Or is the problem that they were beheaded? Having your head chopped off if done quickly and neatly is not a very painful way to die. It is a nice clean death.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by yuboy: 9:20am On Nov 17, 2011
Again dis arabs people have come again araibians are d most wicked of allah creations, despite d fact dat we atre in d 21st century man slaughtering is still on dis pataic am sorry 2 say dey could had live dem 2 face d panel if i may ask dodnot we offend god and he forgive us so dem 2 could havbe just imprisionate dem 2 now dat is a babaric way of justice i tought it is high time dey temple justice wit mercy dis id not fear haba now!!!!
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by yuboy: 9:29am On Nov 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

I don't see the problem. They committed murder and robbery. Isn't the death penalty at least arguably appropriate for those crimes?

Or is the problem that they were beheaded? Having your head chopped off if done quickly and neatly is not a very painful way to die. It is a nice clean death.
y are u so atless like dis 4 d fact dat kill someone dos it gurantees dem 2 b beheaded we are in a civilized world now oooo we cannot just temper judgment any how because allah his d wisest of judge sowat dey could have don is 4 dem 2 b kept live in prision wat of if later it was discovered dat dey were innconnents and ddey have already been b headed d quran says allahu alam only god nos best y can dey just live dat 4 d wisest of judge 2 judge it rader dan man slaughterin as a penalty may god grant dis babbaric arabs minds of forgiven amin, :
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by namfav(m): 9:41am On Nov 17, 2011
every place has its laws, if you go to saudi arabia and ignore the loss you get what you deserve

i feel no sadness for those 3, apart from the man they murdered
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by ektbear: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2011
yuboy:

y are u so atless like dis 4 d fact dat kill someone dos it gurantees dem 2 b beheaded we are in a civilized world now oooo we cannot just temper judgment any how because allah his d wisest of judge sowat dey could have don is 4 dem 2 b kept live in prision wat of if later it was discovered dat dey were innconnents and ddey have already been b headed d quran says allahu alam only god nos best y can dey just live dat 4 d wisest of judge 2 judge it rader dan man slaughterin as a penalty may god grant dis babbaric arabs minds of forgiven amin, :

Assuming of course that it was demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty, then there is nothing really wrong with them being beheaded. Unless you are just against the death penalty in general of course. Or you think that beheading is a bad way to die (in which case, sure, let them have the option of beheading, lethal injection, electrocution, etc.)

(btw, I'm not pro or anti-death penalty, I can see arguments in favor of both and am not sure what the answer is.)
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 17, 2011
namfav:

every place has its laws, if you go to saudi arabia and ignore the loss you get what you deserve

i feel no sadness for those 3, apart from the man they murdered

Laws that are applied only to the weak and downtrodden, nes pa?

When was the last time you read about a wealthy Saudi getting executed?
Isn't this the same double standard that obtains in our Sharia-North?

Is this guy ever going to be subjected to the same treatment?
Saudi prince 'killed servant in sexual attack'

A gay Saudi prince beat his servant to death in a London hotel room in a sexually motivated murder, the Old Bailey heard yesterday.

Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al-Saud, 34, killed Bandar Abdulaziz after subjecting him to weeks of sexual and physical abuse, the court heard.

Jurors were told that Mr Abdulaziz, an orphan who had been adopted by a middle-class family, had met the prince through friends and had been travelling with him for the past three years before being found beaten and strangled in a room they shared at the Landmark Hotel, in Marylebone, central London, on 15 February this year.

The jury heard how he was found in bed and had suffered injuries to his eye, lips, teeth, ears, brain, neck, back, rib and stomach. And bite marks on his cheeks, inflicted with "considerable force" had an "obvious sexual connotation".
-- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/saudi-prince-killed-servant-in-sexual-attack-2098808.html

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by namfav(m): 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2011
does the uk have executions laws? if you go to saudi arabia to commit crime if you are condemned to be behead that is what you get, dont cry, that is life, you get what you look for

When was the last time you read about a wealthy Saudi getting executed?
by the way misha'al al saud was a princess who was beheaded, laws are laws
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2011
namfav:

does the uk have executions laws? if you go to saudi arabia to commit crime if you are condemned to be behead that is what you get, dont cry, that is life, you get what you look forby the way misha'al al saud was a princess who was beheaded, laws are laws

Alhaji,
One princess was executed in the 1980s? Is that it?
Do you have any idea how many poor and wretched foreigners have been killed in the Saud Kingdom in recent years?

Also, I notice how you deftly side-stepped the other contradiction I mentioned in relation to the Sharia-North (Nigeria)?
How many of the wealthy corrupt basta.rds up there have had their limbs amputated?

Many of those executed in Saudi Arabia in recent years were foreign nationals, mostly migrant workers from poor and developing countries. At least 158 people, including 96 foreign nationals, were executed by the Saudi Arabian authorities in 2007. In 2008 102 people, including almost 70 foreign nationals, were executed. In 2009, at least 69 people are known to have been executed, including 19 foreign nationals and in 2010, at least 27 people were executed including 11 foreign nationals. The October 7 beheadings bring the number of executions in Saudi Arabia this year to at least 58, more than double the 2010 figures; 30 of those executed in 2011 were foreign nationals (Amnesty International, October 7).

In the Saudi kingdom, the defendants often have no lawyers and are unable to follow court proceedings in Arabic. They are also rarely allowed formal representation by a lawyer, and in many cases are not informed of the progress of legal proceedings against them. Almost 80 per cent of executions in Saudi Arabia are of foreign workers. There were only few cases where Saudi nationals were executed. These Saudis who were executed have no access to influential figures such as government authorities or heads of tribes, nor to money—both crucial factors in paying blood money or securing a pardon in murder cases.
Source -- http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/op-ed/38012.html] http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/op-ed/38012.html

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by namfav(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2011
who cares, those are saudi arabia laws, i dont care who they kill, if it is a law to kill every foreigner for crime, dont go their

mind your business
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2011
Alhaji,
I know this might be difficult for you to comprehend; but those who care for justice and equal treatment under the laws of the land actually care.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Beaf: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2011
What is most barbaric is that the execution was carried out by the dead mans brother, not even a govt executioner. He has now killed three people, maybe it was fun for him.
Saudi Arabia is one of the most backward places on Earth, women are not even allowed to drive, talkless of vote. Wretched people, as eGuerrilla pointed out; they are very good at applying their phucked up punishments only to the poor.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by namfav(m): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2011
we dont respect each other in nigeria, no justice, no equal treatment, no laws of nigeria, no one in nigeria has read the constitution

who are you to question saudi arabia for executing murderers?

eGuerrilla:

Alhaji,
I know this might be difficult for you to comprehend; but those who care for justice [/b]and [b]equal treatment [/b]under the [b]laws of the land actually care.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by namfav(m): 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2011
the standard living in saudi arabia is 20 times better than in nigeria my son, i dont know what you mean by barbaric they are taking care of there people

Beaf:

What is most barbaric is that the execution was carried out by the dead mans brother, not even a govt executioner. He has now killed three people, maybe it was fun for him.
Saudi Arabia is one of the most backward places on Earth, women are not even allowed to drive, talkless of vote. Wretched people, as eGuerrilla pointed out; they are very good at applying their phucked up punishments only to the poor.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
namfav:

we dont respect each other in nigeria, no justice, no equal  treatment, no laws of nigeria, no one in nigeria has read the constitution

who are you to question saudi arabia for executing murderers?

Alhaji,
You are playing smart by half.

Don't let me go asymmetrical on the Saud Kingdom just yet . . .
Understand that you are addressing an African who completely abhors the treatment of migrant workers are subjected to; the second class status afforded to women. . . and much more.

Engage the brain in gear, and contemplate the inalienable right of (wo)man to be treated fairly and justly in every society.
You would find the experience completely liberating, I tell you.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Akanbiedu(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Alhaji,
You are playing smart by half.

Don't let me go asymmetrical on the Saud Kingdom just yet . . .
Understand that you are addressing an African who completely abhors the treatment of migrant workers are subjected to; the second class status afforded to women. . . and much more.

Engage the brain in gear, and contemplate the inalienable right of (wo)man to be treated fairly and justly in every society.
You would find the experience completely liberating, I tell you.

what is unfair and unjust in this case?
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

what is unfair and unjust in this case?

Chances are these Nigerians were offered poor representation.
This, of course, will be keeping in line with what most independent observers see when they look at the scales of justice in Saudi Arabia - it weighted against the poor!
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by ektbear: 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
Is this going to be a general discussion about how Saudi is a messed up country?

While I think that is true in general, it isn't relevant to this present article.

3 Nigerians committed murder and armed robbery. And received the death penalty for this. US has the death penalty, China does, many countries do.

Heck if they'd done it in Nigeria they'd have been executed too, no?

Is the issue the method of execution? Do you view beheading as a cruel way to execute? If so, fine, I can see your perspective.

Or do you think that these guys probably were innocent of the crimes they were accused of? If so, again, fine, I see your point.

But otherwise, what is the problem here?
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by ektbear: 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Chances are these Nigerians were offered poor representation.

How do you know? What is your basis for saying this?
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

How do you know? What is your basis for saying this?

There are known unknowns (apologies to D.Rumsfeld).

I am making an educated guess based on anecdotal information that already exists on the Saudi Justice system.

In the Saudi kingdom, the defendants often have no lawyers and are unable to follow court proceedings in Arabic. They are also rarely allowed formal representation by a lawyer, and in many cases are not informed of the progress of legal proceedings against them. Almost 80 per cent of executions in Saudi Arabia are of foreign workers. There were only few cases where Saudi nationals were executed. These Saudis who were executed have no access to influential figures such as government authorities or heads of tribes, nor to money—both crucial factors in paying blood money or securing a pardon in murder cases.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by ektbear: 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2011
So this specific case was a travesty of justice not because they are innocent of the crime they were accused of, but because in some other trials the defendants didn't have lawyers?

OK, let's assume for the sake of argument that these guys didn't have lawyers. Saudi should provide lawyers for them, I suppose? And if the end result had been the same (beheading), you'd have been fine with the outcome?
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2011
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

So this specific case was a travesty of justice not because they are innocent of the crime they were accused of, but because in some other trials the defendants didn't have lawyers?

OK, let's assume for the sake of argument that these guys didn't have lawyers. Saudi should provide lawyers for them, I suppose? And if the end result had been the same (beheading), you'd have been fine with the outcome?

Your words, not mine.
I never said this case was a travesty of justice.

Rather, what I have canvassed is the following view:
(1) Poor migrant-workers often have not access to proper legal representation
(2) Sharia law is not applied fairly and justly in the Saud Kingdom
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by ektbear: 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2011
All of that may be true in general, but I don't see how that is relevant to this case.

If they committed the crime and it can be demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt, whether Saudi, Yankee, Nigeria, China, Singapore, etc, they will die.

Now in a nice country like the US, they'll provide you with a public defendant to represent you, no matter how poor you are. But you'll eventually still die.

That Saudi isn't as kindly and nice as the US to waste enormous amounts of money on this doesn't make them evil in this case, right? Or is everyone entitled to legal representation after committing crimes? Is it immoral or unjust not to provide someone a lawyer? This is not a rhetorical question, I don't know. I haven't thought about it long enough to have an opinion yet. But it doesn't seem obviously wrong to me.

I ask again, if it turns out that these guys had lawyers, would you be fine with the outcome?
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by namfav(m): 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
egureilla is a fool, first of all he wont care if t hese guys were rich businessmen

i hope he gets found in saudi arabia with 500grams of drugs
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

All of that may be true in general, but I don't see how that is relevant to this case.

If they committed the crime and it can be demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt, whether Saudi, Yankee, Nigeria, China, Singapore, etc, they will die.

Now in a nice country like the US, they'll provide you with a public defendant to represent you, no matter how poor you are. But you'll eventually still die.

That Saudi isn't as kindly and nice as the US to waste enormous amounts of money on this doesn't make them evil in this case, right? Or is everyone entitled to legal representation after committing crimes? Is it immoral or unjust not to provide someone a lawyer? This is not a rhetorical question, I don't know. I haven't thought about it long enough to have an opinion yet. But it doesn't seem obviously wrong to me.

I ask again, if it turns out that these guys had lawyers, would you be fine with the outcome?

And this is the pertinent question to ask all those slagging the Saudis off.
Re: 3 Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia by Kx: 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sharia in its "true" form
Not the stained sharia they advocate and practice in Zamfy and the rest of the north

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens / FG To Rebuild Bombed UN Building With N5.2bn / Picture Of Mansion Built By A Robbery Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.