Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,267 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations (15905 Views)

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation / Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights / FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Warlord12(m): 8:13am On May 08, 2022
Following the threat by Airline Operators of Nigeria, AON, to down tools tomorrow owing to the high cost of aviation fuel, the Federal Government has urged the union to give it time to explore means of resolving the challenge.

Minister of Aviation made the plea in a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Public Affairs, James Odaudu.

The statement read: “The attention of the Honourable Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika has been drawn to reports that the nation’s air transportation system will be disrupted from Monday, May 9th, 2022, following threats by airline operators to shut down operations as a result of the rising cost of Jet A1, otherwise known as aviation fuel.

“As the Ministry charged with the management of the industry, we are greatly concerned about the difficulties being faced by the airline operators in the country in procuring aviation fuel which has resulted in spiralling costs in Air transportation in the immediate past.

“We also acknowledge that the airline operators are in the business to make profits while servicing the very critical sector that is not only the preferred mode of transport for most Nigerians but also the main international gateway to the nation.

“Unfortunately the issue of fuel supply is not within the purview of the Ministry and so the much it can do in the present situation is to engage with agencies, institutions and individuals in positions to provide succour to the airlines. This is already being done by the relevant team led by the Honourable Minister.

“While the efforts to assuage the situation are on, we wish to appeal to the airline operators, even in the difficult situation, to consider the multiplier effect of shutting down operations, on Nigerians and global travellers, in taking their business-informed decisions and actions.

“We also assure Nigerians, especially stakeholders in the sector, that the Buhari administration remains stoic in its commitment to the creation and sustenance of an environment that promotes the growth of the aviation industry where major players like the airlines can operate in a profitable and competitive market.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/fg-moves-to-avert-looming-shutdown-of-airline-operations/

1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Warlord12(m): 8:14am On May 08, 2022
••Warlord
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:16am On May 08, 2022
The airline operators are in the business to make profits while servicing the very critical sector that is not only the preferred mode of transport for most Nigerians but also the main international gateway to the nation.

Something should be done to avert this asap.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by LeoDeKing: 8:17am On May 08, 2022
The moment I saw the warning by the airline operators, I knew it was a joke.

Politicians will never allow that to happen especially this period when political moves and consultation are in top gears. A lot of travelling up and down.

Sure, Politicians won't ply our roads because of time, bad roads, armed robbery and kidnapping.

I know las las, the operators will be given the go ahead to charge any amount for flight tickets and suspend the strike.

The country essentially belongs to the politicians while the common man is nothing but a slave without any stake in his country.

This is how bad our situation is.

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by starzed2: 8:23am On May 08, 2022
This one would have affected them.

Nokia 2.4 for sale
I need The money for some other thing.

I stay in Ughelli and it is best that we meet face to face for transaction.

Selling Price is 50k. Receipt intact, no crack

Call me or WhatsApp let's talk Zero eight zero three eight two seven six nine one six
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by inoki247: 8:25am On May 08, 2022
las las na to dey use money for flight to pay ransom to bandit undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by OssyMalik: 8:32am On May 08, 2022
ASUU on strike
Airline Operators planning to shut down
Food prices on inflation

What more disaster is Buhari planning on Nigerians?

41 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by dadavivo: 9:30am On May 08, 2022
Of course they will pay trillions to avert airline strike. How will they be carrying their stolen government money from state to state decieving stupid electorate that they need their votes again.

Nigerian transfer window has open, it's time for Ghana must Go politics.

And the losers here is Nigerians that will waste their lives for another 8 years

19 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Evergreen4(m): 9:30am On May 08, 2022
I wish Tanker drivers and other heavy duty vehicle drivers using diesel would go on strike so that federal government will wade in and reduce the price of diesel. Imagine 1 litre of diesel is 630 naira.

I heard that even a litre of kerosene is 700

Buhari ! Buhari !! Buhari !!!.
You will not go unpunished.

16 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by oluwaseyi0: 9:30am On May 08, 2022
Someone mentioned in that thread that because this affect mostly the elite they will speedily attend to it and avert a strike action unlike ASUU

34 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by TheWolfen(m): 9:31am On May 08, 2022
Why won't they stop it when it will directly affect them lol

4 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Houseofglam7(f): 9:31am On May 08, 2022
Rubbish
Plying their own roads scares the shit outta them
Numbskulls undecided

6 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by mytime24(f): 9:31am On May 08, 2022
Since na wetin d polithieftcians dey use travel, dem go find solutions quick-quick,

So d poor people wey dey enter land transport, dem no follow b one liegeria undecided

Bydway dangote increased cement from 2k to 4.3k govt no see dat one angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by JoeEeL(m): 9:31am On May 08, 2022
The zoo polooticians will do everything within their power to solve this aviation issue. You know why?

Because they can't afford to take the risk of road travel due to fear of mob attacks, after neglecting the electorates for so long, or the terrorism they have helped to foster.

Catriona Lang criss-crossing the evil forest, encouraging it to be one, do you think she'll be ready to travel from Lagos to Abuja by road?

As you can see, these people don't care for you and I. It's just games. Nigeria is just one huge cash cow for these extremely corrupt white and black vultures.

It's up to you people to rise up and break up this country into component parts that reflect indigenous regions, otherwise your suffering continues ad infinituum.

--- JoeEel

9 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by crackhouse(m): 9:32am On May 08, 2022
How?
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by beautyhd: 9:33am On May 08, 2022
Prompt response from the Fg because they will be badly affected.

If it were something about the masses, it will take forever to be resolved.

8 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by GboyegaD(m): 9:33am On May 08, 2022
Apparently, they are bothered because this affects them directly.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by planetE(m): 9:33am On May 08, 2022
If the thing no go affect FG, FG no go move.

All man for himself for this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by connection77: 9:33am On May 08, 2022
Has anyone notice that any assignment a northerner handle in Nigeria is always in shambles. My opinion anyway

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Winters23: 9:33am On May 08, 2022
shocked
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Tonypens48(m): 9:34am On May 08, 2022
Always waiting for the climax of events undecided undecided

Kindly check my signature
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by phygo89(m): 9:34am On May 08, 2022
A
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by ednut1(m): 9:34am On May 08, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
Someone mentioned in that thread that because this affect mostly the elite they will speedily attend to it and avert a strike action unlike ASUU
elite use private jets . Either owned by them or chartered.
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Nobody: 9:35am On May 08, 2022
Na dis one dem go move with speed, if na ASUU they become immovable.

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by STEWpid(f): 9:35am On May 08, 2022
Chai

Nothing is impossible in Naijariya.

See how polithiefcians dey lick our treasury.

E sweet die.

5 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by InoGetJoy: 9:37am On May 08, 2022
They've rushed to find solutions to this one because it affects them the most.

Kidnappings have been rife on our highways, but our elite only pay lip service while their lapdogs on nairaland sing their praises to high heavens.

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by oluwaseyi0: 9:38am On May 08, 2022
ednut1:
elite use private jets . Either owned by them or chartered.

That is elite of the elite

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Foolishbuhari: 9:39am On May 08, 2022
Those airline operators would be foolish to accept any plea to wait, without any guarantees or on ground work they can see.

The minister of petroleum is an aloof, lethargic old fool who doesn't even know he occupies that position. Every thing is in shambles but all they care about is presidential election forms.

They are only saying this because the elite would be affected. They don't want to get killed or kidnapped, by the terrorists they imported into the country.

4 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by Aboguede(m): 9:40am On May 08, 2022
But look ooh.

Lagos to Abuja or lagos to Anambra is 50k per single persenger which is about 70 dollars for 45 munites flight

Aviation fuel is then 700 naira per 1 litter which is about 1.40 dollars

Now include tax and any other running cost to the fuel price

How can you tell me that the airline operators will not nake profit?

I think they are just looking for abnormal profit as is the norm in many businesses in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by InoGetJoy: 9:41am On May 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:
The moment I saw the warning by the airline operators, I knew it was a joke.

Politicians will never allow that to happen especially this period when political moves and consultation are in top gears. A lot of travelling up and down.

Sure, Politicians won't ply our roads because of time, bad roads, armed robbery and kidnapping.

I know las las, the operators will be given the go ahead to charge any amount for flight tickets and suspend the strike.

The country essentially belongs to the politicians while the common man is nothing but a slave without any stake in his country.

This is how bad our situation is.
100% fact.
I honestly don't think we'll ever get it right in this country
Re: FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:41am On May 08, 2022
LeoDeKing had it with his comment.

Masses are in for it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S.A And CANADA, Which Is Better? / Airport Expansion: FG To Demolish Lagos Private Jet Terminals / Airlines Must Refund 100% Airfares To Passengers After Two-hour Delay –FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.