Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation (22301 Views)

Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis / FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations / Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by dre11(m): 9:55am On Feb 13
“The computers were disconnected and vandalised, while some of the attendants we.re severely beaten by the passengers,” an attendant at the airport told PREMIUM TIMES

Frustrated passengers of Dana Airline, on Monday, vandalised the check-in counter facility belonging to the airline over repeated flight delays and cancellation.

The passengers disrupted the airline’s operations after long hours of waiting at the Murtala Muhammed Airport wing 2 ( MMA2) in Lagos.

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that the incident occurred at about 6 p.m. on Monday, shortly after the airline announced the cancellation of two flights scheduled for Port Harcourt and Owerri from Lagos by 12 p.m.

Some of the passengers have been waiting since yesterday after their flight was cancelled. They were promised that their flight would take off today but after over three hours of delay again, the flight was cancelled,” an official at the airport who sought anonymity since he was not authorised to speak on the issue, said.

Other sources at the airport who spoke with this medium said some passengers had been stranded at the airport for over 24 hours after their flights were delayed and eventually cancelled without prior notice.

This prompted the violent move by the passengers who were seen disconnecting the computers used for flight check-in by the airline.

The computers were disconnected and vandalised, while some of the attendants were severely beaten by the passengers,” an attendant at the airport told PREMIUM TIMES.

As of Sunday, airport attendants said the passengers were promised by the airline that their flight scheduled for 11 February would now depart on 12 February by 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. due to technical issues from the operating aircraft.

“Unfortunately, as at 1800hrs, Dana airline announced flight cancellation on both routes with no proper address nor option for refund. Angry passengers started their agitations and vandalised the airport properties belonging to Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited,” an airport official said.

Dana airline speaks

Meanwhile, in an earlier statement issued Monday by the airline and posted on its official page, the management apologised to passengers for the delay of flight schedules.

“We sincerely wish to apologise for the expected delay on your flight today 12/ 02/ 24 due non-scheduled maintenance,” the airline said.

“We understand the negative impact this disruption might have on your planned activities for the day and we are deeply sorry.”

It added that the safety of its customers and staff will remain a top priority and that it is committed to flying passengers safely and comfortably to their choice destinations.

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that the aggrieved passengers were eventually called to board at about 9.00 p.m, after the intervention of aviation security agencies at the airport.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/667937-drama-at-lagos-airport-as-passengers-disrupts-airlines-operations.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Ogiame: 10:02am On Feb 13
Sometimes, na Vawulence be the best way to tackle gross stupidity in this country... Do “Gentleman” with dem, and watch dem use you do yeye.

On top this hardship wey the idiot called Tinubu put the country, you still dey cancel flight like who can't spell.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by rayvelez(m): 10:04am On Feb 13
Nigeria my countree
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by nairalanda1(m): 10:05am On Feb 13
Poor customer service, poor response to disaster.

What Dana should have done is lodged these people at a posh hotel for 2 days, while the plane is being fixed, at the airline's expense. Then drive the good people to the airport once flight is cleared for takeoff, and clear them quickly. Problem solved, and Dana air gets praised to the sky

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by VeryWickedMan: 10:26am On Feb 13
90% of the passengers have accumulated Valentine's konji & this increases aggression in them.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by money121(m): 10:26am On Feb 13
Ok
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Curious345: 10:27am On Feb 13
The level of hunger induced insanity has sky rocketted lately .

I see them everywhere , especially here in the SW ,where the bulk of balabluu supporters are domiciled

5 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by immortalcrown(m): 10:27am On Feb 13
The delay can cause someone to miss a million dollar contract. The aviation company needs to be sued.

16 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by NaijaCover(m): 10:27am On Feb 13
Nawa o
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by slaawomirr: 10:27am On Feb 13
Damnnn niggar
Nothing is working under tinubu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Fortuneed(m): 10:28am On Feb 13
Okay ooo
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by superCleanworks(m): 10:28am On Feb 13
We are getting there. This rubbish needs to stop. You have no business running an airline if you can delay for 3 hours... not to talk of one full day.

11 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by crestedmazi: 10:28am On Feb 13
hehehehe.

don't sneak out of town with the hope of returning early with a flight, naija will happen to you.

19 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by PlutoChief: 10:29am On Feb 13
Cruise everywhere!
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Flame333: 10:30am On Feb 13
Speed Darlington just laugh right now...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Balkan(m): 10:30am On Feb 13
Failed nation
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by pendusky(m): 10:31am On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

What Dana should have done is lodged these people at a posh hotel for 2 days, while the plane is being fixed, at the airline's expense. Then drive the good people to the airport once flight is cleared for takeoff, and clear them quickly. Problem solved, and Dana air gets praised to the sky

So, If I wanted to get married or get business papers signed the next day, I should go and lodge in hotel coz they cancelled my flight? Ogbeni, other flights dey, if you can't operate it, transfer manifest to other flight flying that route and apologize to customers. Problem solved.

31 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Goodlady(f): 10:31am On Feb 13
What happened?
Why fighting?
Why slapping?
Is a masquerade boarding a flight?
Let him go and see his families naa?

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by DARLINGTON869(m): 10:32am On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Airline company that is barely surviving and managing to stay afloat. You are saying they should lodge aggrieved passengers in posh hotel. On which available funds?. Be like sey you no know wetin dey sup for this country. Abi you dey Canada?

5 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by nairalanda1(m): 10:32am On Feb 13
pendusky:

So, If I wanted to get married or get business papers signed the next day, I should go and lodge in hotel coz they cancelled my flight? Ogbeni, other flights dey, if you can't operate it, transfer manifest to other flight flying that route and apologize to customers. Problem solved.

That's a solution too...but it depends on availability of airline, I guess., which on a busy day may not be possible.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by ipobarecriminals: 10:32am On Feb 13
sad
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by nairalanda1(m): 10:32am On Feb 13
DARLINGTON869:

Airline company that is barely surviving and managing to stay afloat. You are saying they should lodge them in posh hotel. On which available funds?. Be like sey you no know wetin dey sup for this country. Abi you dey Canada.

Well, the route they took led to angry and frustrated passengers going total on their staff.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by LaSenior: 10:33am On Feb 13
cheesy

Form alliance with other airlines they refused

Why not use one Aircraft to move Owerri and port Harcourt passengers , use one Boeing 777 park everyone join from Lagos stop at pH airport then finally destination Owerri , since Dana no get large Aircraft you can form alliance with other airlines inorder to keep passengers flying

Forming alliance should be first thing the minister of Aviation should have introduced this will definitely help to stop flights delays and cancellations.

4 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by arantess: 10:33am On Feb 13
cheesy
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Mayoisemj4real(m): 10:34am On Feb 13
Innocent people go follow collect beating there

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Kingbuhari(m): 10:34am On Feb 13
I thought it's even me because I disrupted their operation yesterday evening and want to vandalise everything... My flight is 7:10pm from Lagos to Doha then to Seoul... I got their and during check-in they told Me my name wasn't in the list.. the stupid guy even refused to refund me the money I already paid for excess luggage... The agent gave me dummy ticket he used to book the flight instead of the main ticket, one if these stupid guys that check kilo even want me to remove the footstuff I was traveling with . It's a bad experience not boarding when others where boarding.. tomorrow I will break somebody's head if they tell me to pay for another excess luggage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by cool318(m): 10:36am On Feb 13
Very useless airline
Rescheduled my flight against my appointment and had the effontery to tell me no refunds.

I told them Karma will visit them soon.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Judolisco(m): 10:38am On Feb 13
I don't know what's going on in dis country.... Even Glo service in my area is using Nepa light... Once they take light like dis no network again,until nepa bring light back.... For Abuja oh grin

7 Likes

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Gboom: 10:38am On Feb 13
Ineptitude on the part of Dana Air management
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by TheDemola: 10:39am On Feb 13
grin grin
Ogiame:
Sometimes, na Vawulence be the best way to tackle gross stupidity in this country... Do “Gentleman” with dem, and watch dem use you do yeye.

On top this hardship wey the idiot called Tinubu put the country, you still dey cancel flight like who can't spell.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Bizibi(m): 10:39am On Feb 13
Something is going on in that sector that has not been uncovered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mention The States In Nigeria That You Have Been To. / Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos / Family Of Four Die In Accident In Kano State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.