Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. (32683 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by zoroby(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Because the majority are quite ignorant of God's existence. I'm a living witness so I know God truly exists and far beyond doubts

How are u a living witness, have u seen God?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Obik65(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2022
I don't believe in God too. The bible is unreliable and is like all other folktales around the world, be it the Romans, The Chinese etc the stories in the bible are similar to stories of other cultures that are even older than the bible stories.
I believe that for the fact that parts of the bible were removed, the parts that arouse curiosity, doubt and that will make alot of people to question the authenticity of the book raises alot of questions. Science has made us understand that the story of creation in the bible is not true. Years ago people only believed that there is only heaven and earth, now we know that earth is just a tiny piece of the universe.
Years ago I used to doubt and question about alot of things I heard in churches about god. I used to believe that they were too good to be true. Then, u hear a church person tell; don't worship god with ur senses, don't question God, he is this and that, it's a sin to think , if God tells u something u do it etc it's very appalling to see people being brainwashed by a God u don't have any evidence that he exists safe from a piece of book and the orientation u have had since childhood which I acknowledge, it is very difficult for many people to change that mentality, no one wants to be seen as weird or Satanic. I encourage you my brother not to slide on ur believe but continue to pursue the truth, if there is God at the end of the tunnel, no problem. I will personally like to know the stupid and insensible god. Like if you don't believe god

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:14pm On May 08, 2022
Tabitha000:
No, they are into an occultic group that you are aware of.
They usually say it in TV that they are atheists.
Atheists don't believe in anything spiritual including occult.
Is that hard to understand?

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by cowmanager2000: 9:14pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's
business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.

Who cares?
Does ‘oyingbo’ market cares if anyone is present or absent?
You don’t believe in God ..is your personal cup of tea.
Anyway
It’s not your fault
It’s the representation that Nigeria Pastors gives to God
God is NOT that story book you mentioned if you care to know
God is NOT church either
God is NOT that ‘thing’ you call tithe&offering

You may be a joker by the way .. wanting to hear people’s opinion..

Just take a ‘breathe… a looooong BREATHE..’
that is God !! That breathe in you .. is God
The day he takes it back .. you will realize !
Shebi.. you are handsome ..who care

3 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by deleo16(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
Well if he has tried to bring you back to Christ but no avail he should ONLY pray for you and let you BE so you might have a divine encounter with CHRIST HIMSELF and on your booasting if riches my brother HMMM also pray its not too late your story might be like that of the prodigal son.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by musicwriter(m): 9:15pm On May 08, 2022
Righteousness2:
My Brother, being smart, rich, Handsome and all that is good but they are not what is Important.

All the riches , wealthiness and Smartness that we are or have are vanity and very useless to our Eternity.

Nothing that we own here will be taken with us to Eternity !

The Greatest and Highest Need of all Humans is Have a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.

My Brother This is what Really Matters. Every other thing is vanity and will fade away.

You may argue with this and call it a bluff but the day you Close your eyes in Death, or the Trumpet sounds, you will understand.

So I advise and admonish you to Follow your Dad and Submit totally to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ so as not to cry Had I known

The OP is already free but you're not. It's you that have need to set yourself free

There's no trumpet that would sound now or in future. The story was written to keep you in perpetual fear and unable to free yourself.

Jesus never existed!! Jesus is the biggest scam in history.

Enroll in a class to set yourself free. For more information, see Christianity and Islam are curses placed on black people. Enroll in a class to free yourself from religion & religious indoctrination

5 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by cherryCola: 9:15pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Your writeup is fake, I reiterate. Ask God, the creator of heaven and earth to reveal Himself to you who He is, you'd reason differently thereafter

Have done that severally and nothing happened undecided .

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ashirioluwa: 9:15pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.

There is difference between going to Church and believing in God. I don’t go to church but I know there’s God and I do believe in Him.

Anyway good for you but I really don’t see the point telling us. Religion is a personal affair so keep it to yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 9:17pm On May 08, 2022
Nijagogetsense:

You are the god that exists. Know these and know peace. Nobody is coming to save you. Your life starts getting meaningful when you stop going to church..
Guy, you don't know me and you don't have to. My life was meaninglessness until when I met Christ. I was born into a generation of idol worshippers. Nobody in my lineage had achieved what I've got today, glory be to God.

3 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Johnchrix(m): 9:17pm On May 08, 2022
You need Deliverance..
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Gentlevip: 9:18pm On May 08, 2022
Hhhhh truly common sense may not be common

You have confused yourself, to the point you don't believe in God. One day you will say you don't even believe you exist.

Keep up with your mentality. Psychiatric hospital will have customers

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Cloud007: 9:19pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Romans 1. 21-24

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 ¶Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.

So the way this world be, you don't believe that someone designed it?

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ferdinandu(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2022
Righteousness2:
My Brother, being smart, rich, Handsome and all that is good but they are not what is Important.

All the riches , wealthiness and Smartness that we are or have are vanity and very useless to our Eternity.

Nothing that we own here will be taken with us to Eternity !

The Greatest and Highest Need of all Humans is Have a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.

My Brother This is what Really Matters. Every other thing is vanity and will fade away.

You may argue with this and call it a bluff but the day you Close your eyes in Death, or the Trumpet sounds, you will understand.

So I advise and admonish you to Follow your Dad and Submit totally to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ so as not to cry Had I known.

Does it mean that the Moslems, Jewish, Buddhist, Atheist, Agnostics, At least the 5 billion humans on earth who doesn't know Jesus their life is meaningless. Because going around the world many people who said they truly found Jesus, I do see some kind of purpose in their life but I still see the same type of purpose in some who never found Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Elrafiki2(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2022
The existence of God defies logic so u cannot explain it with common sense. Also, what u believe is a conscious choice and so no one person can force u to believe in the existence of God Almighty, no matter how hard they try. But a day will come when the truth will be revealed and then it may be too late to change ur mind. I just pray that God, through His Holy Spirit, will reveal Himself to you cos people like you are the reason why Christ came to die on the cross in the first place

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by AZControversial(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2022
Blake755:
I need an honest answer why is it those who doesn't believe in God are always successful

If I may. Just like you, I've asked this question. But as time went on, I realised that not all of them are successful. You could say most.

On top of that, there are other things one enjoys other than success. There's joy, there's peace of mind, even good health.
So, they may be successful.... but do they have these as well? Things they wished their success/ wealth could buy them?

Those who believe in God have it hard at times. But there a peace one feels when they do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by silibaba: 9:22pm On May 08, 2022
Ibomrep:
That the Bible was written for many years ago doesn't make it irrelevant

The Bible links the past, the present and the future

Alot of things happening now was already written that it would be so

Bible listed the rulership of all the world power from Egypt down to this current Anglo-America Power

All that the Bible says about them came true

Bible foretold that this current British and American world power will be the last human world power after wish God's kingdom will take over . Daniel 2:44

And it will come to pass

Bible foretold what will happen in the future and it will all happened

Bible advise on happy family is beneficial for all if applied

Bible offers advise and guidance in every aspect of life

Bible advise on how you can manage your money, live with your neighbor, and even how to treat your workers

So such a good book will forever remain relevant

There are life stories of people who had the same experience like you, what makes them change their minds, you may read and as well watch videos about them as they narrates on www.jw.org
you spoil all your write-up with that site
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Blake755: 9:23pm On May 08, 2022
AZControversial:

If I may. Just like you, I've asked this question. But as time went on, I realised that not all of them are successful. You could say most.

On top of that, there are other things one enjoys other than success. There's joy, there's peace of mind, even good health.
So, they may be successful.... but do they have these as well? Things they wished their success/ wealth could buy them?

Those who believe in God have it hard at times. But there a peace one feels when they do.

Hmm interesting who dey get peace ontop hardship
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by barajo1(m): 9:23pm On May 08, 2022
When his life crumbles tomorrow, he will say his only catching cruise.
Continue speaking nonsense.
KINGJAJA888:

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Emperordynasty: 9:23pm On May 08, 2022
All these people claiming they don't believe in God, calling Bible fairy tale and making jest of spiritual things, it's because God is merciful and Christians are taught to turn the other cheek that u guys can blab and claim woke and unbelieving,

Cuz I know fear won't allow u to step on a charm prepared by a dibia or ezemuo
Or if one babalawo in your area draws a line and dares any of u blabbers to cross u won't cross..

But because it's church and Christendom were mercy is speaking u now put on ur thinking hats and rubbish holy things...u guys better becarefule I know people firsthand who have experience tragedies due to following this part, if u are an athiest live that life without ridiculing the Church,there is a judgement attached

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DMerciful(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2022
From your own existence, if you believe that you did not come out a primordial soup by chance, that the existence of a male and female shows significant design and there has to be a designer, then you'd know that God created all things.

We're in a very large universe and possibly multiverse. God cannot be in one location all the time, every movement takes thousands or millions of year
FatherOfJesus:
give us one proof, just one.
You do not need 40pages of prove. You only need 1
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by musicwriter(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

Kudos!

You've made the right decision. The good news is that any intelligent person would finally free themselves from religion. It's not easy but any intelligent person would figure it out sooner or later.

Anybody that lived and died with religion is a fool. In fact, I was thinking the other day whether religion was deliberately designed as a way to detect people who can think and those who can't.

However, believing in God is not the same as being religious. So, you may still believe in God but not the God of religion. Religious people actually don't understand what God is.

God is not something to be believed. God is something to be understood and become. That can only be done by spirituality not religion.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Greazyman99: 9:24pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.
SHARP man wink
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:25pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
From your own existence, if you believe that you did not come out a primordial soup by chance, that the existence of a male and female shows significant design and there has to be a designer, then you'd know that God created all things.

We're in a very large universe and possibly multiverse. God cannot be in one location all the time, every movement takes thousands or millions of year
are you assuming that everything must have the designer?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by JohnDazzy: 9:25pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

Okay

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Invest4growth: 9:25pm On May 08, 2022
There are certain issues that should not be debated because they are straightforward. It is your constitutional right to freedom of religion. In as much as you are of 18 years and above and not living under the roof your father, then you are free to select any religion or religion of choice. But if you still depend on your Dad for daily living, then you are bound to toe the path he decides..
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ChoCho54(f): 9:25pm On May 08, 2022
engrchykae:
do you practice humanity?
It is the best religion.
Love your neighbor as yourself
If you do this, forget the established religions, they are frauds
Let me perch here.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by onlinediva: 9:26pm On May 08, 2022
I think seun is no longer like OP
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 08, 2022
Omo personally I don’t know what to believe anymore

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Backlaw406(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Because the majority are quite ignorant of God's existence. I'm a living witness so I know God truly exists and far beyond doubts
Pls, can you share with us your testimonies and experiences if only they were real and not kind of scripted stories that most religionist makes and kind of natural happening that every human being would encounter in life by fate, so that we can learn from you inasmuch we are all seeking truth that will set us free
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by engrchykae(m): 9:27pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Your writeup is fake, I reiterate. Ask God, the creator of heaven and earth to reveal Himself to you who He is, you'd reason differently thereafter
do you vibrate on the same frequency with such an intelligent energy that you want to be near him or her?
The sun is a body, the earth is a body but they better exist at a distance of 93 million miles apart.
If the earth goes closer, it will be catastrophic for the Earth.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by tonididdy(m): 9:27pm On May 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Little boy slide off.. grin
Low budget atheist grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / World Likely To End On September 23, As Experts Match Great Pyramid, Bible Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.