Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Today, I Quit Gambling!!! - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Today, I Quit Gambling!!! (25511 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Emmykul123(m): 3:10pm On May 10, 2022
Bro, it's a good decision..
It's been dealing with me since 2013; I'm still trying my best to get it off me but I always relapse and by so doing, sink deeper into it..
God help us!

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Bravetunde: 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
Seniorwriter:

Good decision....though I for one trade rather than do what majority do which is wishful gambling.

@Seniorwriter
How do one trade,please can you explain
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by friday2011(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
4tomandchi:
To celebrate this achievement just play this last odd Aston Villa Win and over 6.5 goals, use all your final savings to play it then your retirement will be complete.

Gambling Kills so RUN

I swear...you no well. grin
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by alyarmouk(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
Lol...you never see anything
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by MrUchenna1(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
It is NOT in our DNA to quit!”
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Akharmony: 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
irony of life it could b your big win. . Winners never quit

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Icebreeze(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
hustla:

Forex is gambling LOL
Better run

You can only say that only when you don't have knowledge about it and wish to try your luck in the market and believe me you will lose your money just like betting.
Don't get me wrong here, you also lose money in the forex market cause one don't control the market your analysis may be good for couple of days and boom the trend will go against one day.
Just like the way we do experience losses in the real time trading or business.

Above all I will urge who so ever is willing to start trading or venturing into something new to do proper assessment of it before investing into it.

Remember no amount is too small to lose.
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by tmoneyu: 3:12pm On May 10, 2022
marvy69:
My brother you no gamble pass me,from what to dice,from dice to aja nsare,i jump to baby,virtual,I don use my sister 250k I was suppose to use help buy tires for her house play virtual,infact i don use my church money almost 15k play virtual...but to God be the glory this month make it a year and half that I stop gambling...Am perfectly down well now...I thank God o...you see that virtual nah big curse...believe you won't go back to gamble
if you are disciplined in gambling, u will make it, 2 to 3 odds is enough to predict Matches, don't ever play virtual or any other form of games except football I can analyze, lawn tennis I do play and know most of the players.. Nwanne just be disciplined and contented

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Kkk777: 3:12pm On May 10, 2022
BIG CONGRATULATIONS
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by younggcfr(m): 3:13pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:
I have been gambling since around 2014 and never for once have I ever decided to quit despite destroying my life, career, relationships, and self esteem. It was as if I was cursed with it. I was so addicted to gambling that I'd rather gamble with my money than to buy cloths on my body. I've read so many stories here on nairaland from people who suffered similar faith, but I'd be looking out for comments from people who would say gambling isn't that bad just to encourage myself. Now I'm at level zero. I have no job, no money, no relationship, but friends who are also addicts. I'm cutting them off.

I believe it's not too late for me to make it in life, so I'm believing in God for miracles. Some people might think i can still relapse when i make some money, but so help me God I won't. I have eradicated anything that'd remind me of gambling, deactivated my betting account and focusing on how to make my life better. Betting can never get you rich. It is what I've come to realize anyways.

I don't want to ever return to gambling even when I make enough money. Right now I'm just looking for money to eat and survive.

I hope those going through same would take that bold step and come out of that shell of bondage. It is well.

I'll update my progress once in a while on this thread.

You failed to make your point. If you were addicted to virtual with is very deadly?

Sir/ma, when you use ur head (meaning you stake what you can lose and it won't get to u).

Personally, I have gained so much in bet. I don't get greedy as some of you. I can use 50k to bet on 3 games that'll give me 1.7- 2.00 odds. Example, Mancity win, Bayern Munich win and Liverpool win against a smaller teams. There are other teams that don't easily lose matches example Celtic, Ajax, Porto, etc. Note: I don't play a die hard matches example Man City vs Liverpool.

So tell us exactly what you did to ruin your life. Thanks
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 10, 2022
The only ways you can make a lot of money from gambling are, if you discover and exploit loopholes in their system system which they will find out and fix soon and if you don't stop you will lose all the money you've won. The other way to win a lot of money from gambling is by luck which doesn't happen as often as losing money. So bet with the money you are ready to lose and if you lose don't try to win back your money, and if you win know when to stop gambling till you have new money to invest again. Betting companies are created and designed to make profit meaning to make you lose money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:13pm On May 10, 2022
tmoneyu:

That is the worst gambling bro, I lost 17000usd in forex, yet to recover from the shock, all my family members are in forex biz, employed Indian best in forex still no show, advice, don't take gambling as a career and never be greedy. Smart guys do make it in betting too, you loose some, win some. That's life
I traded buy, the price rose Dem say -ve profit. I traded sell, price fell the same -ve profit. I traded the opposite, I click buy and price fell, still -ve profit... Imagine for demo account (MT5)... I uninstalled the rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by nduchucks: 3:14pm On May 10, 2022
May you not relapse. Ameen
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Invest4growth: 3:16pm On May 10, 2022
Congrats to you. Make your intentions to God. Also work at it especially the company you keep and the books you read. Make God make it permanent
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by bobchigar(m): 3:18pm On May 10, 2022
Congratulations. It is a wise decision. May God keep you firm on your resolutions. Amen

Those that gambling have ruined their lives are far more than those who made it through gambling. Even those who made it through gambling later loss all to gambling.

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by snoopz: 3:19pm On May 10, 2022
Avoid betting friends too.
Btw na Becos you no get job and you be irresponsible gambler, bet wan kpai you
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by rajiedreez: 3:19pm On May 10, 2022
I pray so
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by poweredcom(m): 3:20pm On May 10, 2022
Na lie ..it's a habit to die with lol

Don't be suprise to book one game today stylishly
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by etimocity(m): 3:20pm On May 10, 2022
if that your luck shine for you and win 10,000.000 naira i believe you would have come to nairaland to give praises and jubilation.now that i has not happened right now you conclude that gambling is bad. so my friend the same gambling change people life okay.is not how long you play that makes you win. so people start to day and win that very day.
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by JBoss25(m): 3:21pm On May 10, 2022
sleek214:
Good luck. Almost quitted 2 weeks ago but kept on playing and boom N7.8 million last weekend with N100 stakes. So, I don't know if to advise anyone to quit or continue. Good luck to whomever wants to quit or continue.
lies ooo
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by JBoss25(m): 3:22pm On May 10, 2022
It's only visual I've been able to quit
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by ibechris(m): 3:22pm On May 10, 2022
Self relief like this is the only way one can be cured of gambling.
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2022
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Atticusxsz(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2022
Sometimes, i tend to wonder and imagine how some of you lot come to be addicted to such an extent. I stake what i can afford to lose and as 4 virtual abi na baby oku, lmao... I've seen it destroyed lives but I've never 4 once indulge in it, even when they're more than 7 betting shops within my neighbourhood.

My babes dem sef dey even dey ginger me to play 4 dem on a steady. Like what the Bleep! Although, I'm quite good at analysing games but when Bleep up go reach you eh, you go fear life. Like in some cases where i had cut one in 5 straight games of 52k above.
You'll see them giving me 1k to 5k to play 2 to 5 odds for them since i hardly do have more than cut one in my #500 to 1k stake but since it's not my money, i don't encourage such from them except it's my money.
They're always pestering me, asking me if i played games today and even if i did booked a game to be played, I'll lie to them and tell them i didn't so as not to get pressured by them.

I've been playing since 2016 till date but my stakes are within the range of #100 to 1k depending on the odds I'm to stake on.

I can stake #100 for 300 odds and above, and mostly, they're running games while i mostly stake #500 to 1k for 5 to 20 odds.

That's just it. So, i don't know how someone will misuse 300k and above on betting on games except the person is accursed or probably not disciplined.
Abi their own betting dey different from the one I've been indulging in all these years eh? undecided

Abeg, make i go stake my running game for the week. Ciao wink

2 Likes

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2022
tmoneyu:

That is the worst gambling bro, I lost 17000usd in forex, yet to recover from the shock, all my family members are in forex biz, employed Indian best in forex still no show, advice, don't take gambling as a career and never be greedy. Smart guys do make it in betting too, you loose some, win some. That's life

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Tharyor1984(m): 3:24pm On May 10, 2022
You have just started, unless you are not addicted to it
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by JBoss25(m): 3:26pm On May 10, 2022
younggcfr:

You failed to make your point. If you were addicted to virtual with is very deadly?

Sir/ma, when you use ur head (meaning you stake what you can lose and it won't get to u).

Personally, I have gained so much in bet. I don't get greedy as some of you. I can use 50k to bet on 3 games that'll give me 1.7- 2.00 odds. Example, Mancity win, Bayern Munich win and Liverpool win against a smaller teams. There are other teams that don't easily lose matches example Celtic, Ajax, Porto, etc. Note: I don't play a die hard matches example Man City vs Liverpool.

So tell us exactly what you did to ruin your life. Thanks
You're definitely a newbie if you think this team don't easily lose matches
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by ibechris(m): 3:26pm On May 10, 2022
hustla:

Forex is gambling LOL
Better run

Advanced gambling brother.
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by lasisi69(f): 3:27pm On May 10, 2022
bennybuhari:
huge congrats. Gambling is One of the hardest thing to quit in life
You were not informed too shocked shocked

Try stopping smoking weed !!!

2 Likes

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by samuelevans(m): 3:28pm On May 10, 2022
that's was a good decision bro, i quit gambling getting to 5 months now without my consent. a good woman can help you out if you both loves yourselves, let her know your problem is gambling. my babe reported me to my mom after i have wasted alot of money on my online betting account, i was so mad at her for such act but as time goes on i discovered i don't play bet anymore. i usually watch football matches in bet9ja shop most time before and even after i stop gambling, Bet9ja missed me alot, they even credited #5,000 bonus to my betting account and wrote " We miss you offer" but i didn't use their bonu to play any game, 5 days ago they credited me another #1000 but i didn't use the bonus too, same thing 2 days ago (7 may) on my birthday i was giving 3,000 bonus but i didn't use it too. sometimes prayer work, i believe my mum must have pray for me on that, and she keep reminding me never to gamble again whenever she call me. thank God I'm out and out forever

5 Likes

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by sunnyphem(m): 3:30pm On May 10, 2022
Thank God for ur life .. notin dey gambling... All na ojukokoro

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by sacrono: 3:31pm On May 10, 2022
Step in the right direction. I wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Driver Returns Missing Wallet With Cash To Passenger (Photo) / Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? / Female Uber Drivers: Passengers Make Advances At Us, Send Disturbing Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.