Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi (18376 Views)

Seyi Makinde On Lagos & 2023: APC Should Be Ready For Eviction In Lagos / Jonathan, Umahi, Others Pay Last Respect To Mama Okorie / APC Will 'Abduct' Philip Aduda - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by TheDemola: 6:56pm On May 10, 2022
Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State has expressed concern over the kind of messages the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) will be telling Nigerians with former President Goodluck Jonathan as its presidential candidate.

The governor spoke Tuesday while responding to questions from State House reporters after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He wondered how the APC would reconcile its policies and promises with those of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under which Jonathan was President.

He expressed worry that it would be difficult for the ruling party to campaign with Jonathan as its presidential candidate, adding that his entrance into the race for the APC presidential ticket will be another wonder of the world.

Umahi said if the former president joined the ruling party it would be a material for Guinness Book of Records.

He, however, expressed doubt about the authenticity of the development because of series of denials regarding the former President’s rumoured move to the APC.

When asked about his views on Jonathan as a presidential contender, he said: “Jonathan is my father and God used him and the wife to make me a governor of the state and so, anybody who has done anything for me, I’ve always remained very grateful to such person and I will continue to be very grateful to him, the wife for being available and my destiny helper, to achieve that feat.

“Probably if that miracle did not take place, then the miracles that happened in Ebonyi State, in terms of total evolution and transformation wouldn’t have taken place. So, he’s a man we can’t forget, just like Sani Abacha, who created the state and Mr. President. Of course, we’ve named the airport after him, we’ve named the light tunnel after him, we’ve named the Presidential Lodge after him.

“Good intention that we don’t forget people who have helped us, but on the question of joining, I may not say much about that because I’ve seen a lot of write ups, denials, but if he decides to join and to run, it will, for me, become one of the wonders in this century.

“But from what I read, he has quickly distanced himself from that. But like I said, if that is not the case, then the Guinness Book of Records is not totally filled up.”
https://dailytrust.com/apc-will-find-it-difficult-to-sell-jonathan-umahi

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Urheadmaster(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2022
Umahi said if the former president joined the ruling party it would be a material for Guinness Book of Records.

What will happen should good luck Jonathan decide to contest for president under the people of Democratic party where he belongs

That means all the pages in the Guinness book of record book will be filled up cheesy cheesy cheesy

Umahi always talking trash tongue undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Illuminatiship(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2022
Who will even be the useless buyer?

6 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Ebubu3: 6:58pm On May 10, 2022
OP is being mischievous

He never said such

He started by praising Goodluck and his wife for being instrumental in the success of Ebonyi state. Praised Abacha for creating Ebonyi state and also praised Buhari for his assistance to Ebonyi state.

Then he said if Goodluck runs/becomes candidate it will be a true wonder and the Guinness book of records may not have been filled.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Abilistic(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2022
smiley

Obviously the same way they sold Buhari to Nigerians

LIES, PROPAGANDA & EMPTY PROMISES

12 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by alsudan: 6:58pm On May 10, 2022
Umahi the clown really thought Buhari would handpick him as his Successor.

24 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Xscape1993(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2022
Evil party. Bad product.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by SegunBABA007(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2022
intersting

6 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2022
I can’t forget how this same APC disgraced Jonathan and called him names. If Buhari had performed well, nobody will even be talking of Jonathan again today in the first place. This country is one huge comic circus. grin grin grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Nsonaso(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2022
Lol
Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Mossadd: 6:59pm On May 10, 2022
Jonathan stand no chance in APC because I dont expect apc to force Jonathan on other aspirant without destroying their party completely cuz people like Tinubu ,Amaechi and other aspirant will feel cheated and knowing that after Jonathan 4 years it won't come to South for another 8 years I doubt even all south east or south south apc leaders will support him and with Jonathan on the ballot Jonathan stand no chance against northern pdp candidate because people like tinubu will rather work for another party like 2011 when he work for pdp than working for Jonathan to become president again

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Holybwoy: 6:59pm On May 10, 2022
2 months old gen for sale

Sumec firman spg2500

Instead of buying for 160k in the market, coman buy this one for 120k..

I bought another AC and another bigger gen so I don't need it again..

091 3057 6357 call/WhatsApp

1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2022
Face front.
On GEJ mandate will all theifinubu urchin stand.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by ayodaisi: 7:00pm On May 10, 2022
His opinion anyway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by flejnr2(f): 7:00pm On May 10, 2022
Who be this one? No be the Facebook police governor be this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by waleray(m): 7:01pm On May 10, 2022
I wonder how they will campaign for him

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by frugal(m): 7:01pm On May 10, 2022
Lol. But it isn't a wonder of the world for you to leave the PDP and join the APC to contest for the same presidency? LOL. Comedians.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by SwissMass: 7:02pm On May 10, 2022
Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Georgry(m): 7:02pm On May 10, 2022

Why is this man naming everything in his state after Buhari? These guy is an asslicker sha, very soon the state will be renamed to President Buhari state just because of his already failed Presidential Ambition.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by dust144(m): 7:02pm On May 10, 2022
Bros Jona no go contest
Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by mrkings84(m): 7:03pm On May 10, 2022
I thought Umahi joined APC because he wants to be president, pls guys has he bought his nomination form?

abi the guy hear say form don add money (from 50m to 100m), nw guy man lost interest!
Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by osinbanjoisaliar: 7:04pm On May 10, 2022
As for me, I no go lie. Jonathan suppose respect himself forget about Aso rock. If Jonathan run under APC, na big phuckup for him side. But e no change the fact sey Umahi and him brother be Pam Pam and Dumb and Dumber

5 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Starz825(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2022
If this is true ...
Omooo
Wahala go she le ooo
Imagine jona for APC..
The same APC wey force am out with a lot of propaganda....

Now I see the fears of the north...

The north are always afraid to lose power not even for a minute...they want jona whose tenure will be just one term...
Kolework...

Nobody is gonna buy such president of such shameless nature...
Upon say Dem ridicule you...you still wan go shame yourself again....

If this is true...APC go scatter

4 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by IKBARUTEN11(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2022
There will be more dignity for jona if he rejects this enticing trap

2 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by dmostcheerful(f): 7:04pm On May 10, 2022
Ok nah
This same efule efu left PDP, even betrayed his people so that the Fulani junta will pick him.
Ewu hausa, it will be easy for south east to vote Jonathan under PDP (to spite the betrayers from the waste) than for Igbos to vote you there brother in APC cause you are a desperate and despicable fool who can sell your people for power.
As you people sold a glaring failure like Buhari to us, do the same for Jonathan, Nigerians will buy cause we always want the devil we know to the angels we don't.
Jonathan will run and he will win.
Thankio

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by AsawanaDgreat: 7:07pm On May 10, 2022
They have failed and looking for who to push their remaining blame on

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Kingpele(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2022
Hahaha if pdp field atiku is only GEJ that will defeat atiku.every one know that Atiku is a bigger thief than Jonathan.the dude stole more than his then boss OBJ..so if Atiku can steal very much as a VP ,u will have to imagine what he will do as a president ..i don't see a tinubu winning an Atiku because as a governor and former governor tinubu has proven that he is Atiku match in terms of looting public funds
Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by TheTrueSeeker2: 7:07pm On May 10, 2022
Same Way Oshomole told the good people of Edo State one thing about Obaseki this year and said the opposite 4 years later...!!

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi by Moferere: 7:09pm On May 10, 2022
But APC will find it easy to market Umahi abi?

Nansense undecided

40 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) / NNPC Finally Ends 'Dubious' Oil Swap Deals - Thecable / Oshiomhole's Wife Iara, Stuns In Native Attire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.