Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,163 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours (26278 Views)

I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / 91,000 Apply For Customs Jobs Within 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Elidrisy20: 1:32pm On May 11, 2022
How much she say,she go pay you to count the money?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Executer: 1:51pm On May 11, 2022
Imabong80:

...but that's the way he was WIRED.
But business required a live wire
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 11, 2022
She is a loser. At least should've given you more tries

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by osejie17(m): 2:05pm On May 11, 2022
Executer:
But business required a live wire
u don spoil d flow

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by emmyluizzz: 2:14pm On May 11, 2022
tellwisdom:
Op, did you use perfume before going to work?

abi you sure say e brush well

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by DominionGreat: 2:35pm On May 11, 2022
JbravoAdodger:

Later on he'll be ADMIRED

Because this got him INSPIRED

And He will PERSPIRE to ACQUIRE all he DESIRES

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Idrismusty97(m): 2:49pm On May 11, 2022
omaclarry:
OP don't be deterred most employers judge ability to perform by how outgoing someone is, not knowing that the quiet one may be the most articulate and noisy when they settle in. I have been through that a lot, people tend to write me off when I'm called for a job but as it goes they understand. Cos of that I mostly take jobs on recommendation, cos I don't have time to convince someone that i can perform.
They are some jobs that requires personality test, you won't even get to the next stage if you don't pretend to be an Extrovert.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Zaynkad: 2:59pm On May 11, 2022
It
Badman777:
Good for you, my first application ever to apply for a job I was rejected immediately they saw me. That will forever be my last application, currently building my own company called soundmac.

I am interested in been hired in your company if there is any vacancy on ground
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by naturefellow(m): 3:10pm On May 11, 2022
The earlier you acknowledge your personality and the type of job roles that suit it, the better you'd be at peace with yourself and be choosy with work opportunities.

The job situation is tight though, meaning you may have to adjust your temperament to suit a role. But foremost is knowing yourself, and whether a role is for your type of person or not.

For example, an introvert won't excel as a bus conductor, revenue collector or marketer.
Also, an extrovert may struggle as a visual artist, detective or psychiatrist, etc. Know thyself, and situations like this wouldn't be a loss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Hespee93: 3:13pm On May 11, 2022
richeeyo:
You too
Dey do sharp

You do sharp, they would thought you'll outsmart them.

There is no way you can satisify everybody.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by dannex4adx(m): 3:22pm On May 11, 2022
Mystery2020:
Our then neighbor was informed that I would like to work pending when school resumes. Few days later, she had some guests among whom was the wife of a super dealer of multi-choice. She too had her own small company.

So our neighbor informed her about me and she agreed. It was a Sunday, she said I should resume the next day being Monday.

I was there on Monday. She asked someone to show me how to do what will be my routine task. She assigned some other tasks which I did.

All through, I noticed that she was not comfortable with my personality. She kind of preferred a more outgoing person. Then she said I don't know how to count money, that I can't do the work. So she gave me transport fare and I went home.

That was my first job ever!

Move on bro. Better opportunities ahead. Don't feel dejected.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Joeyfizzo: 3:28pm On May 11, 2022
Imabong80:

...but that's the way he was WIRED.
WIRED by you.... wink grin grin
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by MyExpression(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2022
Badman777:
Good for you, my first application ever to apply for a job I was rejected immediately they saw me. That will forever be my last application, currently building my own company called soundmac.

Bros, what's your story, we might learn one or two from it
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by DrDunamis(m): 4:04pm On May 11, 2022
Mystery2020:
Our then neighbor was informed that I would like to work pending when school resumes. Few days later, she had some guests among whom was the wife of a super dealer of multi-choice. She too had her own small company.

So our neighbor informed her about me and she agreed. It was a Sunday, she said I should resume the next day being Monday.

I was there on Monday. She asked someone to show me how to do what will be my routine task. She assigned some other tasks which I did.

All through, I noticed that she was not comfortable with my personality. She kind of preferred a more outgoing person. Then she said I don't know how to count money, that I can't do the work. So she gave me transport fare and I went home.

Did you ask to precisely what you didn't get right?
Adaptability is a great gift for any staff
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Omaefe(m): 4:05pm On May 11, 2022
Omo, this woman harsh sha.
haba, she for even give yu atleast a week.

yu sef don see am na, wake up and be smart.

this yur testimony no dey encouraging oooooo
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by olamilarks(m): 4:24pm On May 11, 2022
Mystery2020:

learn your lessons from it and build on it. Even me Don't know how to count money, I always cringe at the sight of bills above 50k, so I avoid it by doing transfers. This reminded me of the days I spent searching for an Uber vehicle rental in 2017, I chop rejection Taya, people were scared of handing their cars over to me.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by legba1(m): 6:25pm On May 11, 2022
@OP, let me tell you my experience. After my youth corp service in 2005, I applied for a graduate training job at an organisation that pegged GT salary at 75k/month as at then...having gone through the aptitude test, first and second oral interviews, then we were invited for a one on one with the MD.

We had been reduced to 7 from as many as 100 and the slot is for 5. I was the fourth to be called in, moment I stepped into his office, it was just a smooth discussion. After about 10min he told me point blank, "you are brilliant with imposing stature but you are shy". He told me I didn't look into his eyes since the discussion started. He asked if I can improve on that and I answered in the affirmative..... There and then,he stretched his hand,shook and congratulated me that I just got the job. He employed me because he was willing to groom me,the rough gem.

I ended up serving in 8 states of the federation before I resigned in 2020 to start my own company. I can't be moving about every now and then. Also note I grew to a regional manager over seing northern operations from Abuja.
So that woman must be a Mourinho,my ex boss was an Arsen Wenger... Don't allow that experience discourage you.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by mipeesoft(m): 6:58pm On May 11, 2022
Your case is mystery just like your name.
Mystery2020:

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by cejaypriesty(m): 7:19pm On May 11, 2022
DominionGreat:

And He will PERSPIRE to ACQUIRE all he DESIRES
Hi ,aspire like maguire,bye!
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Aaay: 8:07pm On May 11, 2022
Really
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by CDCEO001: 9:45pm On May 11, 2022
She should have given you like 2 weeks to improve and get used to everything, and also point out where you are not doing well.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by SilentBang(m): 10:02pm On May 11, 2022
Sureplug123:
This is the lowest you will ever get!

Amen!
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:15am On May 12, 2022
[quote author=legba1 post=112735962]@OP, let me tell you my experience. After my youth corp service in 2005, I applied for a graduate training job at an organisation that pegged GT salary at 75k/month as at then...having gone through the aptitude test, first and second oral interviews, then we were invited for a one on one with the MD.

Great!
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Imabong80(f): 5:47am On May 12, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
WIRED by you.... wink grin grin

Lol....you sure say you well so...
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Posha(m): 7:27am On May 12, 2022
Mystery2020:

so sorry about your first job experience� you did absolutely nothing wrong and i say it with my full chest, your best is yet to come.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Defence Space Administration (DSA) Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Cardbury Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Recruitment At Federal University Gashua. Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.