Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,546 members, 7,861,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:59 PM

Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga (504 Views)

Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo / Pressure Mounts On Tinubu To Back Osinbajo For 2023 Presidency / Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by TheRareGem1(f): 12:03pm On May 11, 2022
“If you have achieved any level of success, then pour it into someone else. Success is not success without a successor” – TD Jakes

On December 2, 2018, President Muhammadu Buhari made a profound statement during a meeting with Nigerians in Poland. It was the height of conspiracy about whether or not he was cloned and Nigerians in Diaspora felt the need to clear the air on the matter, so they asked him.

Here’s how he responded: “A lot of people hoped that I was dead. Poor Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, even he had to deal with the rumours—Some people reached out to him to consider them to be his Vice President because they assumed I was dead. That embarrassed him a lot; we discussed it when he visited me while I was convalescing. I can assure you all that this is the real me. Later this month I will celebrate my 76th birthday. And I’m still going strong,” he said.

Buhari’s response reverberated from Poland to Nigeria and indeed across the world. Loyalty had reached a new height and Prof. Osinbajo is the architect. Not many knew how loyal the deputy was to his master and how much he protected his interest. Those who had approached the then Acting President to become his Vice President were thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

One of the questions that came up today in my meeting with Nigerians in Poland was on the issue of whether I‘ve been cloned or not. The ignorant rumours are not surprising — when I was away on medical vacation last year a lot of people hoped I was dead.

And this is one of many reasons why Nigerians are wondering why President Muhammadu Buhari has not endorsed his loyal, hardworking, competent and patriotic deputy, but again, the style and strategy of the President is very different.

Just as we have presidential candidates awash the APC today, we had so many twist and turns leading to the national convention. Many names were thrown up as the favourite and the acting committee was throwing all sorts of fireworks into the ring including court cases but the President knew his choice and he waited until it was the right time.

In his Channels TV interview, Buhari refrained from naming who his successor was, his response was quite cryptic. He said: “No, I wouldn’t say because he may be eliminated if I mention. I better keep it,” the President said with a wry smile.

For many Nigerians it’s a no-brainer that President Buhari picks his successor, in fact, that is a hallmark of successful leaders but in doing so, the President must have to consider a few things which are dear to many Nigerians but more importantly Nigerians need someone with capacity to execute.

Many will agree with me that President Buhari is keeping the name of his successor close to his chest but one thing that he must consider most is that Nigerians need a patriot. Someone who is not thinking about enriching himself, family, friends and associates but someone who is dedicated to enriching all Nigerians as much as he can.

Those closest to the President will be trying to sway him, they will be putting up names that best suits them and a few others. They will be putting up names of those who can help them to continue to hold Nigeria to ransom but what Nigerians want is leader that will be father to all.

A leader that can speak the global language and who has already earned global respect. A leader who is keeping up with the times and who understands the importance of technology, human capital development and leadership.

A detribalized leader who will put Nigeria first and will always act on behalf of Nigeria and Nigerians on all local and international issues. Whosoever President Buhari picks as his successor will be ultimate legacy and I think he will want to leave a lasting legacy.

For those lurking around the President and who have decided to throw all sorts of people up, to extent that they are buying Expression of Interest and Nomination forms under all sorts of groups, I hope the President is not deceived or confused by their antics.

Just like Buhari, Nigeria deserves a very popular candidate amongst the citizen. One that can go to the South South and the reception will be wild. A candidate that can visit the North East and the people will be chasing after his bus; a candidate that will go to the North Central and shake hands with the citizens; a candidate that will dress in the regalia of the South East and communicate with them and they will feel renewed hopes; a candidate that is the toast of the youths in the South West and of course a candidate that turns heads in the North West because of his intelligence, diligence and dedication.

Sentiments aside, that candidate is Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, a loyal, dependable and reliable deputy to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Seun Bisuga is a journalist and social media analyst

https://www.chronicle.ng/2022/05/buhari-will-back-osinbajo-seun-bisuga/

1 Like

Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by TheRareGem1(f): 12:04pm On May 11, 2022
Interesting read
Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by Truthisunique2: 12:05pm On May 11, 2022
Osinbajo is been deceived thinking buhari don endorse am

Buhari tell am to go buy form is the same buhari that is telling every dick and Harry to go buy form
Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by Ttalk: 12:05pm On May 11, 2022
We know that already
Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by Nigerialabalaba: 12:07pm On May 11, 2022
Jes kuku say u dey support PYO shikena. No drag Buhari into am because even Katsina state delegates dey go for Jagaban.

Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by osinbanjoisaliar: 12:12pm On May 11, 2022
Pastor just dey deceive himself. Nothing for am as well. Pesin wen no know if to say him go be like him boss or if him go improve or if him go do things totally different. Na that one pesin go confidently vote. Abeg, who get motor wen dey block road with number LA771, make him clear out, the real APC candidate wan enter
Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by Zeemam: 12:32pm On May 11, 2022
I love this piece
Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by okefranci: 12:36pm On May 11, 2022
Certainly for his meticulous job and hardworking
Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 7:04pm On May 11, 2022
Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by IgOga(m): 7:06pm On May 11, 2022
Una don leave Amaechi Lane....now na Osibanjo grin
Re: Why Muhammadu Buhari Will Back Osinbajo By Seun Bisuga by VladimirPutiin(m): 7:06pm On May 11, 2022
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Respect Yourself, Biafra Is God-ordained – IPOB Fires Back At Gov. Mohammed / Peter Obi Will Only Win If...... / JUST IN: Aisha Buhari, Tallen, Osinbajo’s Wife Storm APC Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.