Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,818 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? (842 Views)

Should i use Cele church for this problem am facing at the company i work. / On A Scale Of One To Ten, How Likely Am I The Father? / Please Help Me Solve This Problem In My Family. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:04pm On May 11, 2022
Forgive me if this topic is on the wrong section

I will go straight to the point.

It's 3yrs running now and I have never been able to keep tab of any money that gets into my wallet. Even though I sometimes wonder how quickly I exhaust my money, I am never able to track or keep any form of record. It's so bad now to the extent that if 10k last more than 1day without it being exhausted I feel a certain inner joy and satisfaction for being able to manage.
This is notwithstanding the fact that I also regularly make use of POS whenever I buy anything from anywhere POS is available as a means of transaction. Things like fuel and shopping for groceries in big malls like shoprite it's usually most certainly POS I use.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a curse or some foolish habit that requires redemption or reorientation.

The fearful thing is I don't know whether or not someone pilfers from me as I don't trust anyone aside my kids which are still young. So what I do sometimes (not regularly, only when I remember) whenever I want to go take my bath I make effort to conceal my wallet.

Am I the onlyone who is like this??

Please and please no bashing, only sincere contribution
Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by madampresident(f): 5:21pm On May 11, 2022
You are not alone. This sounds like me. 10K doesn't last more than 2 days in my hand. This is despite the fact that I pay with my card at the supermarket and stuff.

I think the fallen state of the naira is to blame.

4 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by Channah1(f): 8:42pm On May 11, 2022
You're not the only one. It happens to me too but I just want to believe its as a result of the inflation in the economy and has nothing to do with spending habits.

When I noticed I was having this same issue, I prayed against it first and then started making a concious effort to restrain myself from spending so much on things I used to and though no much difference, I think its has fairly improved the situation and I now know the things that gulped/gulp my money.

These are the ways I re-adjusted my spending.

For instance, before, if I want to make a pot of soup, I'll make sure I buy different types of fish and meat just for the sake of it and this usually gulps my money but I always believed money will enter but then what could have gone into savings has been used up for a pot of soup that won't last more than three days.

Again, I used to order for food online due to my present living condition and it is usually expensive.
This and some other things I did that made money to hardly last me for months.

If you check my profile, you'll see a post i made of how I prepared a soup with very minimal ingredients. so I didn't get to spend much like before and the soup still served.
I'm still cutting diwn on so many things.

2 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by OlawaleBammie: 6:25am On May 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:

It's 3yrs running now and I have never been able to keep tab of any money that gets into my wallet. Even though I sometimes wonder how quickly I exhaust my money, I am never able to track or keep any form of record. It's so bad now to the extent that if 10k last more than 1day without it being exhausted I feel a certain inner joy and satisfaction for being able to manage.
This is notwithstanding the fact that I also regularly make use of POS whenever I buy anything from anywhere POS is available as a means of transaction. Things like fuel and shopping for groceries in big malls like shoprite it's usually most certainly POS I use.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a curse or some foolish habit that requires redemption or reorientation.

The fearful thing is I don't know whether or not someone pilfers from me as I don't trust anyone aside my kids which are still young. So what I do sometimes (not regularly, only when I remember) whenever I want to go take my bath I make effort to conceal my wallet.

No be only u bro, i spent 25k within two days and i kept wondering what i used the money for, some spending can not be accounted for. And i am even not a shopping type ooh.

3 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by mcdokwe(m): 8:01am On May 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:

Naija no balance. I remember withdrawing 10k daily for a week and I kept wondering if I hid the money somewhere. But breaking down the list of expenses, I realize 1k doesn't sound as much these days.

It is only when you're completely broke like I am right now that 2k can last 2 weeks because you'd become more thrifty in spending.

2 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:18am On May 12, 2022
mcdokwe:

Naija no balance. I remember withdrawing 10k daily for a week and I kept wondering if I hid the money somewhere. But breaking down the list of expenses, I realize 1k doesn't sound as much these days.

It is only when you're completely broke like I am right now that 2k can last 2 weeks because you'd become more thrifty in spending.
I'm relieved to know it's not just particular to me. I think the weak currency has so much to do with it
Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:21am On May 12, 2022
Channah1:
You're not the only one. It happens to me too but I just want to believe its as a result of the inflation in the economy and has nothing to do with spending habits.

When I noticed I was having this same issue, I prayed against it first and then started making a concious effort to restrain myself from spending so much on things I used to and though no much difference, I think its has fairly improved the situation and I now know the things that gulped/gulp my money.

These are the ways I restructured my spending.

For instance, before, if I want to make a pot of soup, I'll make sure I buy different types of fish and meat just for the sake of it and this usually gulps my money but I always believed money will enter but then what could have gone into savings has been used up for a pot of soup that won't last more than three days.

Again, I used to order for food online due to my present living condition and it is usually expensive.
This and some other things I did that made money to hardly last me for months.

If you check my profile, you'll see a post i made of how I prepared a soup with very minimal ingredients. so I didn't get to spend much like before and the soup still served.
I'm still cutting on so many things.

Mine is all the more scary considering I already spent so much taking care of feeding and other home essentials. Example is I always have a bag of rice and i give wifey 80k for food. I also spend minimum of 30k buying all provisions down to soap and all. All these I do at the beginning of every month using my ATM. So the only constant thing I buy daily are fruits, both the ones I eat at the the office and I take home, can't be less than 1200 daily. It's that much because the ones I take home I use them for making smoothie. So aggregating all this spending the money is running into 400k or more.
So my worst innermost fear in life is, God please don't let this money stop coming. What will the son of man do if this money stops coming.

2 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by bukatyne(f): 8:56am On May 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:

Track your expenses for three months and you will find out what gulps your money.

Even things like a bottle of coke should be documented.

2 Likes

Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by Naijaolosho2: 11:37am On May 12, 2022
cry
Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by Channah1(f): 8:55pm On May 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Mine is all the more scary considering I already spent so much taking care of feeding and other home essentials. Example is I always have a bag of rice and i give wifey 80k for food. I also spend minimum of 30k buying all provisions down to soap and all. All these I do at the beginning of every month using my ATM. So the only constant thing I buy daily are fruits, both the ones I eat at the the office and I take home, can't be less than 1200 daily. It's that much because the ones I take home I use them for making smoothie. So aggregating all this spending the money is running into 400k or more.
So my worst innermost fear in life is, God please don't let this money stop coming. What will the son of man do if this money stops coming.

The worst part is, not like one used to the money for any tangible assests or investment. Just feeding. Very scary my brother.

Yes o that should be our sincere heartfelt prayers that the money should nor stop blowing
Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by Channah1(f): 8:55pm On May 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:

The worst part is, not like one used the money for any tangible assests or investment. Just feeding. Very scary my brother.

Yes o that should be our sincere heartfelt prayers that the money should not stop flowing in.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by Nobody: 12:28am On May 13, 2022
I don't keep money in the bank.
Re: Am I The Only One That Has This Problem? by Day169: 9:07am On May 13, 2022
I think that expression of "money na spirit" readily comes to mind here, be it spiritual or even 'methylated spirit'.
The naira vanishes away the moment it's being left to stand for any period of time, be it in your wallet or bank account. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Should A Woman Leave Her Husband Over Alledged Infidelity? / Japa/Relocation Sales? Get In Here / Xmas Hamper For Your Loved Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.