Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video (40360 Views)

Newly Completed Aba Township Flyover Decorated With Art Work (Pictures). / How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You? / Different Types Of Okada Men In Nigeria. - (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Greenscientist: 6:39pm On May 14, 2022
Though everyone in the east have their personal vehicle
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by adebayo201: 6:39pm On May 14, 2022
Proflere:
Solving the problem of Okada is very easy.. Stop arresting just the bike owner, start arresting the passengers too.. If there is no demand, supply will be affected!!!

But then, can we start looking forward to how to industrialize Nigeria so that people can have sensible jobs to do rather than risking their lives.
grin cheesy
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by FuckDModz: 6:39pm On May 14, 2022
Which kind English be this?
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by pocohantas(f): 6:43pm On May 14, 2022
Keke
Okada
Korope
Toyota Corolla

The aforementioned be menace for Lagos. I don’t know if it is same in Owerri, given that you only mentioned okada.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by DamianX: 6:44pm On May 14, 2022
Greenscientist:

Can personal vehicle get you through heavy traffic?

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Abaman001(m): 6:45pm On May 14, 2022
Owerri can't be classified as a city
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 14, 2022
Okoro land shocked everywhere red
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by GloriousGbola: 6:46pm On May 14, 2022
pocohantas:
Keke
Okada
Korope
Toyota Corolla

The aforementioned be menace for Lagos. I don’t know if it is same in Owerri, given that you only mentioned okada.

Add vonagon
Trailer
Brt
LAWMA

Join
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Heavensent01(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2022
brosom:
My own be say the kind fine fine girls and big/slim round shaped ukwu like an apple and lifestyle wey dey go on for owerri enh, even if u dey make 1m/month u no go fit save anything if u no educate ur third leg .

Don't ask me wetin I mean, go there and see for ur selves. undecided

how will this solve the menace of insecurities in imo state?

anyway you no lie for the ukwu, imo babe are mostly educated, I don't know about other states but I think, Imo, Anambra and Abia have the most educated babes in Southeast

2 Likes

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Adimwellloaded: 6:47pm On May 14, 2022
Na hot cake be this ooo
By this property now before price go skyrocket

NEWSCENTER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSRTXS1w-c

Okada as it is popularly known in Nigeria is a commercial motorcycle. Okada was formerly banned in Owerri the capital of Imo state, but over time okada business returned to Owerri. This has created some mixed concerns for the residents and visitor the state capital.

However on investigation and chats with some okada riders, they complained about the bad roads in and around Owerri, that it is only okada can navigate such dilapidated roads in the town. Some passengers we talked to confirmed the same scenario, that most areas in the state capital have bad roads, that is it only the okada that is making their movement around the town easy.

The police command in the state has this to say. “The Imo State Police Command has said that the ban on commercial motorcycle riders, popularly known as ‘Okada’, would be enforced strictly in Owerri metropolis.

Commercial motorcycle riding has banned in parts of the state by the state government since last year.

According to the media adviser to the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Mike Abatam, the ban is aimed at curbing the use of commercial cycles to perpetrate crime in the state.

As part of the measures required to sustain the already improved security situation and to ensure lasting peace following the successful neutralization of crime and criminalities in the state and its environs”

“The Imo State Police Command is poised to enforce the Imo State Government existing law banning the use of commercial motorcycles in the metropolis.

“This becomes resolute because of the involvement of some of the commercial motorcycle operators, in criminal activities and other vices in the state.

“However, for service personnel’s who ply on bike, the command directs that they should wear their service uniform, a crash helmet for them and their passengers for easy identification.

“The command directed that service personnel should wear their uniforms and adorn crash helmets devoid of passengers while transiting with their motorbikes.

“The Commissioner of police, CP Abutu Yaro, fdc, warn all commercial motorcycle operators to desist from operating within Owerri Metropolis since, the extant rule of outright seizure of offending motorbikes equally remains sacrosanct.”

https://evideostv.com/menace-of-okada-in-owerri-pictures/

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by ABANGWABOI(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2022
brosom:
My own be say the kind fine fine girls and big/slim round shaped ukwu like an apple and lifestyle wey dey go on for owerri enh, even if u dey make 1m/month u no go fit save anything if u no educate ur third leg .

How far.. make I lap your AP.. make we run those big yansh some party..
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Heavensent01(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2022
Greenscientist:

where did you hear that one? though bike is a common thing in Southeast most especially Nnewi the headquarters of bike, even rich man with cars have bike in his compound at Nnewi

from Otolo, To Akabeze, to Nnewi north LGA and my very own Akaboukwu, orifte

2 Likes

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Greenscientist: 6:50pm On May 14, 2022
DamianX:

Can personal vehicle get you through heavy traffic?

I was just asking. Please, are they using Okada and keke napep in Dubai and US too?
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Aaay: 6:51pm On May 14, 2022
Really
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by brosom(m): 6:51pm On May 14, 2022
ABANGWABOI:

How far.. make I lap your AP.. make we run those big yansh some party..
Sorry niggaarr, I ain't there no more.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by brosom(m): 6:53pm On May 14, 2022
Heavensent01:

how will this solve the menace of insecurities in imo state?

anyway you no lie for the ukwu, imo babe are mostly educated, I don't know about other states but I think, Imo, Anambra and Abia have the most educated babes in Southeast
bro everybody get him own manace and na my own I just cap u so o
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by PericomaNwankwo: 6:54pm On May 14, 2022
brosom:

Not just fine girls, owerri bad for everything street. If you never live for owerri travel go live another place, you no fit relate.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by gambojimeta: 6:54pm On May 14, 2022
Do you have an alternative job for them.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by brosom(m): 6:56pm On May 14, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:

Not just fine girls, owerri bad for everything street. If you never live for owerri travel go live another place, you no fit relate.
U na confirm Niggerr!!

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Heavensent01(m): 6:59pm On May 14, 2022
brosom:
bro everybody get him own manace and na my own I just cap u so o

nothing do you Odogwu grin

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Naustine(m): 6:59pm On May 14, 2022
No okada in owerri town na, just In outskirts of the town.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:02pm On May 14, 2022
PlayerMeji:
That's the Hausa/Fulani tool of domination.

Check the majority of Okada riders anywhere in Nigeria, they are mostly Hausa/Fulanis.

They come in small numbers and they will be very polite and respectful but as they grow in number, they begin to have their own SABOs where they dominate and make their own laws and from there create their own republic.

I was in owerri two months ago for a building contract. Was really surprised by the teeming number of northern okada men. I think owerri currently has the highest number of northerners in the east. And they are mostly into okada.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Ishilove: 7:06pm On May 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Add vonagon
Trailer
Brt
LAWMA

Join
*farragon
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by PlayerMeji: 7:06pm On May 14, 2022
That's their method of occupation.

In the next couple of years, you will see them begin to claim land ownership.

AkpaMgbor:

I was in owerri two months ago for a building contract. Was really surprised by the teeming number of northern okada men. I think owerri currently has the highest number of northerners in the east. And they are mostly into okada.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by emmamajesty: 7:08pm On May 14, 2022
Naustine:
No okada in owerri town na, just In outskirts of the town.
The OP is Chino the popular enemy of all Igbo states apart from Anambra, he always have this negative attitude towards Igbos from other state except Anambra
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by NaijaCars4sale: 7:13pm On May 14, 2022
Men just gats to hustle
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Kharol1234: 7:15pm On May 14, 2022
You never come Lagos cool
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Petshopng: 7:18pm On May 14, 2022
The hustle no dey easy
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Newbreed2018: 7:22pm On May 14, 2022
NEWSCENTER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSRTXS1w-c

Okada as it is popularly known in Nigeria is a commercial motorcycle. Okada was formerly banned in Owerri the capital of Imo state, but over time okada business returned to Owerri. This has created some mixed concerns for the residents and visitor the state capital.

However on investigation and chats with some okada riders, they complained about the bad roads in and around Owerri, that it is only okada can navigate such dilapidated roads in the town. Some passengers we talked to confirmed the same scenario, that most areas in the state capital have bad roads, that is it only the okada that is making their movement around the town easy.

The police command in the state has this to say. “The Imo State Police Command has said that the ban on commercial motorcycle riders, popularly known as ‘Okada’, would be enforced strictly in Owerri metropolis.

Commercial motorcycle riding has banned in parts of the state by the state government since last year.

According to the media adviser to the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Mike Abatam, the ban is aimed at curbing the use of commercial cycles to perpetrate crime in the state.

As part of the measures required to sustain the already improved security situation and to ensure lasting peace following the successful neutralization of crime and criminalities in the state and its environs”

“The Imo State Police Command is poised to enforce the Imo State Government existing law banning the use of commercial motorcycles in the metropolis.

“This becomes resolute because of the involvement of some of the commercial motorcycle operators, in criminal activities and other vices in the state.

“However, for service personnel’s who ply on bike, the command directs that they should wear their service uniform, a crash helmet for them and their passengers for easy identification.

“The command directed that service personnel should wear their uniforms and adorn crash helmets devoid of passengers while transiting with their motorbikes.

“The Commissioner of police, CP Abutu Yaro, fdc, warn all commercial motorcycle operators to desist from operating within Owerri Metropolis since, the extant rule of outright seizure of offending motorbikes equally remains sacrosanct.”

https://evideostv.com/menace-of-okada-in-owerri-pictures/
Is this really how Jobless and unemployed u are? Are u really a graduate? With ur wack English grin

U just be driving around world Bank Market round and round upto last round about. Why won't u expect chaos when u r driving inside a main market instead of parking ur nonsense at ideal suites? U come here to paint my beloved town bad. Why didn't u mention where u visited was outskirts of owerri? Are u really dumb?

What stopped u from visiting New owerri Area B, C, D, E? Prefab, Wetheral?
U drove round world Bank Market and came to Nairaland to misyarn. U r a fool.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavy Storm At Yoruba Village In The United States. See Photos / Urhobo Students Union Vice President Burnt To Death In Bayelsa Auto Crash / What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.