Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video (40359 Views)

Newly Completed Aba Township Flyover Decorated With Art Work (Pictures). / How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You? / Different Types Of Okada Men In Nigeria. - (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Propertyforum: 7:23pm On May 14, 2022
This has be an issue for a while now
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by lexy2014: 7:26pm On May 14, 2022
NEWSCENTER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSRTXS1w-c

Okada as it is popularly known in Nigeria is a commercial motorcycle. Okada was formerly banned in Owerri the capital of Imo state, but over time okada business returned to Owerri. This has created some mixed concerns for the residents and visitor the state capital.

However on investigation and chats with some okada riders, they complained about the bad roads in and around Owerri, that it is only okada can navigate such dilapidated roads in the town. Some passengers we talked to confirmed the same scenario, that most areas in the state capital have bad roads, that is it only the okada that is making their movement around the town easy.

The police command in the state has this to say. “The Imo State Police Command has said that the ban on commercial motorcycle riders, popularly known as ‘Okada’, would be enforced strictly in Owerri metropolis.

Commercial motorcycle riding has banned in parts of the state by the state government since last year.

According to the media adviser to the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Mike Abatam, the ban is aimed at curbing the use of commercial cycles to perpetrate crime in the state.

As part of the measures required to sustain the already improved security situation and to ensure lasting peace following the successful neutralization of crime and criminalities in the state and its environs”

“The Imo State Police Command is poised to enforce the Imo State Government existing law banning the use of commercial motorcycles in the metropolis.

“This becomes resolute because of the involvement of some of the commercial motorcycle operators, in criminal activities and other vices in the state.

“However, for service personnel’s who ply on bike, the command directs that they should wear their service uniform, a crash helmet for them and their passengers for easy identification.

“The command directed that service personnel should wear their uniforms and adorn crash helmets devoid of passengers while transiting with their motorbikes.

“The Commissioner of police, CP Abutu Yaro, fdc, warn all commercial motorcycle operators to desist from operating within Owerri Metropolis since, the extant rule of outright seizure of offending motorbikes equally remains sacrosanct.”

https://evideostv.com/menace-of-okada-in-owerri-pictures/

From your heading, I was expecting your story to outline how okada is a menace in Owerri. Unfortunately, it didn't say

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:30pm On May 14, 2022
What options are there for motorists and pedestrians?

If the roads are good there will be no need for Okadas.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by newconnectng1: 7:32pm On May 14, 2022
It's all about survival
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by juman(m): 7:41pm On May 14, 2022
Okada rider in South East?
Igbo nairalanders said everyone is millionaire there.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by abobote: 7:45pm On May 14, 2022
So this place is owerri town.
Op, there's no okada in owerri town, period
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by uncleck: 7:55pm On May 14, 2022
I don't know why people lie without conscience. There's no okada in Owerri town. I repeat, there's no okada in Owerri town. Stop misleading people with false I'm
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Diligence: 8:00pm On May 14, 2022
This reporter has Neva bn to Lagos!
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Abagworo(m): 8:00pm On May 14, 2022
There is no Okada or Keke in Owerri township. Ohakim government pushed Okada out of Owerri while Okorocha pushed tricycles out of Owerri. It is only at the adjoining towns outside the city like this video that Okada exists.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Abagworo(m): 8:05pm On May 14, 2022
uncleck:
I don't know why people lie without conscience. There's no okada in Owerri town. I repeat, there's no okada in Owerri town. Stop misleading people with false I'm

The poster does not know Owerri and where is the township or other towns.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by rickyjoe(m): 8:06pm On May 14, 2022
This video is world Bank Umuguma area Owerri west LGA and not Owerri municipal. There is no good road in that area, but my problem is what do u stand to gain making such video?
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by oneeast: 8:08pm On May 14, 2022
Bag of gworo stop crying. Owerri is littered with okada as a major means of transportation

Abagworo:
There is no Okada or Keke in Owerri township. Ohakim government pushed Okada out of Owerri while Okorocha pushed tricycles out of Owerri. It is only at the adjoining towns outside the city like this video that Okada exists.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Marketwindow: 8:24pm On May 14, 2022
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Munzy14(m): 8:41pm On May 14, 2022
brosom:
My own be say the kind fine fine girls and big/slim round shaped ukwu like an apple and lifestyle wey dey go on for owerri enh, even if u dey make 1m/month u no go fit save anything if u no educate ur third leg .

Don't ask me wetin I mean, go there and see for ur selves. undecided

Zukwanuike!

Rest!
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by brosom(m): 8:43pm On May 14, 2022
Munzy14:

Zukwanuike!

Rest!
I already zuoike grin
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by RacistProudIgbo: 8:56pm On May 14, 2022
NEWSCENTER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSRTXS1w-c

Okada as it is popularly known in Nigeria is a commercial motorcycle. Okada was formerly banned in Owerri the capital of Imo state, but over time okada business returned to Owerri. This has created some mixed concerns for the residents and visitor the state capital.

However on investigation and chats with some okada riders, they complained about the bad roads in and around Owerri, that it is only okada can navigate such dilapidated roads in the town. Some passengers we talked to confirmed the same scenario, that most areas in the state capital have bad roads, that is it only the okada that is making their movement around the town easy.

The police command in the state has this to say. “The Imo State Police Command has said that the ban on commercial motorcycle riders, popularly known as ‘Okada’, would be enforced strictly in Owerri metropolis.

Commercial motorcycle riding has banned in parts of the state by the state government since last year.

According to the media adviser to the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Mike Abatam, the ban is aimed at curbing the use of commercial cycles to perpetrate crime in the state.

As part of the measures required to sustain the already improved security situation and to ensure lasting peace following the successful neutralization of crime and criminalities in the state and its environs”

“The Imo State Police Command is poised to enforce the Imo State Government existing law banning the use of commercial motorcycles in the metropolis.

“This becomes resolute because of the involvement of some of the commercial motorcycle operators, in criminal activities and other vices in the state.

“However, for service personnel’s who ply on bike, the command directs that they should wear their service uniform, a crash helmet for them and their passengers for easy identification.

“The command directed that service personnel should wear their uniforms and adorn crash helmets devoid of passengers while transiting with their motorbikes.

“The Commissioner of police, CP Abutu Yaro, fdc, warn all commercial motorcycle operators to desist from operating within Owerri Metropolis since, the extant rule of outright seizure of offending motorbikes equally remains sacrosanct.”

https://evideostv.com/menace-of-okada-in-owerri-pictures/

Yeye op, you only snap bad area in Owerri to mock it claiming you are in owerri town, the joke is on you.We know your type, if you have good documents stop driving around owerri villages and come to town.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Kelvin3476: 9:00pm On May 14, 2022
Proflere:
Solving the problem of Okada is very easy.. Stop arresting just the bike owner, start arresting the passengers too.. If there is no demand, supply will be affected!!!

But then, can we start looking forward to how to industrialize Nigeria so that people can have sensible jobs to do rather than risking their lives.

OKADA BUSINESS DOESN'T HAPPEN IN OWERRI . THIS ISN'T A FATAL LIE, UNLESS ITS NT MY OWERRI THAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Kelvin3476: 9:03pm On May 14, 2022
lexy2014:

From your heading, I was expecting your story to outline how okada is a menace in Owerri. Unfortunately, it didn't say
THERE IS NO OKADA BUSINESS IN OWERRI TOWN BRO. THERE ARE PARTS OF OWERRI WHERE OKADA IS ALLOWED. SOME PARTS OF OWERRI WEST, OWERRI NORTH AND NO PLACE IN OWERRI MUNICIPAL.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Kelvin3476: 9:05pm On May 14, 2022
abobote:
So this place is owerri town. Op, there's no okada in owerri town, period
LEAVE THAT MUMU OOP JAREH.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Abagworo(m): 9:08pm On May 14, 2022
This is the heart of Owerri and clearly there is no Okada or Keke transport system. The OP was at Umuguma outside the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNjn0yUl21Y

2 Likes

Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by oneeast: 9:17pm On May 14, 2022
Abagworo:
This is the heart of Owerri and clearly there is no Okada or Keke transport system. The OP was at Umuguma outside the city.

cheesy

Bag of gworo, the video really pained you that the vlogger exposed owerri. See another video of owerri by the same vlogger. Keep deceiving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77EGMq2d6V0
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Duru1(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:
Hmmm

Misplaced priorities

You could not be more correct. Why would the poster not worry about the median strip which has grown into jungle?
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Abagworo(m): 10:08pm On May 14, 2022
oneeast:

cheesy

Bag of gworo, the video really pained you that the vlogger exposed owerri. See another video of owerri by the same vlogger. Keep deceiving

No Okada or Keke in Owerri. You don't know the town. Owerri is different from Imo State at large so a visitor who knows nothing thinks everywhere there are cluster of houses is Owerri.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by oneeast: 10:13pm On May 14, 2022
Onye mgbu shut up, you are not talking to a northern or a yorubaman. I know Owerri more than you
, Owerri is just a small town and okada is one of major means of transportation, it is so clear in the video. Keke in Owerri alone is over 1m. I will rather believe the vlogger than believe a well known liar like you.

Abagworo:

No Okada or Keke in Owerri. You don't know the town. Owerri is different from Imo State at large so a visitor who knows nothing thinks everywhere there are cluster of houses is Owerri.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by harmargedon: 10:23pm On May 14, 2022
Proflere:
Solving the problem of Okada is very easy.. Stop arresting just the bike owner, start arresting the passengers too.. If there is no demand, supply will be affected!!!

But then, can we start looking forward to how to industrialize Nigeria so that people can have sensible jobs to do rather than risking their lives.

e be like say you no dey lagos?
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by InoGetJoy: 7:31am On May 15, 2022
AkpaMgbor:

I was in owerri two months ago for a building contract. Was really surprised by the teeming number of northern okada men. I think owerri currently has the highest number of northerners in the east. And they are mostly into okada.
And they drive very rough. One of them fell while trying to avoid me when he was speeding, within 2 minutes his compadres had gathered, threatening fire and brimstone for something that wasn't my fault at all. Even the biker tried to calm them down but they were still baying for blood.
The Op is wrong though, no Okada in Owerri town only on the outskirts. The video he posted was at world bank last roundabout, which was even where I had this encounter
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by InoGetJoy: 7:34am On May 15, 2022
Abagworo:

The poster does not know Owerri and where is the township or other towns.
Yes, I think this is the reason
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by InoGetJoy: 7:38am On May 15, 2022
oneeast:

cheesy

This is akwakuma axis. Let me ask what's the "exposure" here, are you trying to say there shouldn't be sand on the side of the road again?
At least the video shows you the roads are good enough so what's your point?
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by InoGetJoy: 7:42am On May 15, 2022
oneeast:
Onye mgbu shut up, you are not talking to a northern or a yorubaman. I know Owerri more than you
, Owerri is just a small town and okada is one of major means of transportation, it is so clear in the video. Keke in Owerri alone is over 1m. I will rather believe the vlogger than believe a well known liar like you.

You people will just be lying. Okada in Owerri? Chai! Guy, there's no keke or Okada in Owerri, only in the adjoining towns. You might say you know Owerri more than the person you quoted but you don't know owerri more than me. I was born and grew here and I live here.
Bikes and Keke can only be found in the adjoining towns but never in Owerri metropolis. Abeg dey lie with conscience. I know you're saying this because only the wealthiest man in your town can afford a bike, but not everywhere can be as wretched as your town
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by Abagworo(m): 7:50am On May 15, 2022
InoGetJoy:

You people will just be lying. Okada in Owerri? Chai! Guy, there's no keke or Okada in Owerri, only in the adjoining towns. You might say you know Owerri more than the person you quoted but you don't know owerri more than me. I was born and grew here and I live here.
Bikes and Keke can only be found in the adjoining towns but never in Owerri metropolis. Abeg dey lie with conscience. I know you're saying this because only the wealthiest man in your town can afford a bike, but not everywhere can be as wretched as your town

The dude is a novice. His type will go to Igwruta and Oyigbo and shoot a video about menace of Okada in Port Harcourt without knowing the metropolis is Obalga and Phalga.
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by oneeast: 7:55am On May 15, 2022
Stop deceiving yourself, that's Owerri city center. Okada is a major means of transportation in Owerri capital city

InoGetJoy:

This is akwakuma axis. Let me ask what's the "exposure" here, are you trying to say there shouldn't be sand on the side of the road again?
At least the video shows you the roads are good enough so what's your point?
Re: Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video by oneeast: 7:57am On May 15, 2022
You are lie to an aboki not someone like me . This vlogger has exposed you guys. cheesy

Okada and Keke are the major means of transportation in owerri

InoGetJoy:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavy Storm At Yoruba Village In The United States. See Photos / Urhobo Students Union Vice President Burnt To Death In Bayelsa Auto Crash / What Part Of Dirty Lagos Is This? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.