Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

'osu' In Igboland - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 'osu' In Igboland (1491 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Lets Talk About Osu In Igboland? / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'osu' In Igboland by comechop(m): 1:53am On Jul 13, 2011
What is being done about it?

I was hoping someone would enlighten me a bit more about it. I know it is the reason for numerous annuled marriages, not being able to get a job etc etc - but can someone explain to me what is really is, why it still exists in Nigeria, and if anything is being done about this outright discrimination in the Ibo culture.

Please I'm not attempting to start a flame war or arguments - just looking to understand more about this aspect of our culture, and see what can be done to put an end to this barbaric practice.

Thanks.
Re: 'osu' In Igboland by OgidiBoy(m): 1:57am On Jul 13, 2011
How many times do you want this to be discussed on NL for crying out loud. Go to search and type OSU you'll find everything about osu there. angry
Re: 'osu' In Igboland by ChinenyeN(m): 2:58am On Jul 13, 2011
Please, Comechop, make you go find ya sef one Osu wey you go marry. Plan wedding. In short, traditional marriage, and then call all of us make we comechop and celebrate with you. At least then we go kno sey something is being done.
Re: 'osu' In Igboland by clemcykul(f): 9:27am On Jul 14, 2011
are u an OSU?

(1) (Reply)

Dis Chinese Eeh!! / Adegunodo Ruling House Of Iwo: Open Letter To Osun State Governor / Nigerians Blast Ooni's Wife After A Police Officer Was Pictured Fanning Her(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.