Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms (842 Views)

BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc / Atiku Abubakar Crying As He Collects His Presidential Nomination Form (More Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by AsomArchitectNG(m): 7:50am On May 12, 2022
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has decided to run for president in 2023, barely 48 hours after disowning a nomination form procured for him by a northern group.

Mr Jonathan had on May 9 rejected presidential expression of interest and nomination forms of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) bought for him by a Fulani group. He later visited APC chairman Abdullahi Adamu, a shuttle his aides said was to distance himself from the purchase.

Citing a credible source in Mr Jonathan’s camp, state, News Agency of Nigeria, reports that Mr Jonathan has finally made up his mind to vie for the top post he lost to the incumbent in 2015.

The source, pleading anonymity, told NAN that the former president has also joined the APC formally, having registered at his Otuoke Ward in Bayelsa.

Meanwhile, Mr Jonathan is expected to submit the duly filled forms bought on his behalf on Thursday, the source offered further.

According to the source, the former president has secured the support of the required number of APC delegates from across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.

“Several bigwigs of the party have also been calling Jonathan to pledge their loyalty and support to the former president,’’ the source revealed.

The source told NAN political correspondent late on Wednesday that some influential African leaders had called Mr Jonathan earlier on Monday to advise him “to contest the election in the interest of Nigeria.

“At least three top African leaders called the former president on the matter. They all urged him to run.

“One of them specifically told him that it didn’t make sense travelling all over Africa settling disputes only to shy away from leadership responsibility in his home country.

“Another reminded him of the implication of failing to put the experiences he garnered as a former Nigerian president and as a continental statesman to good use,” the source added but did not mention the names of the African leaders.

The source cited some of the African leaders as telling Jonathan that Nigeria was passing through challenging times and “needed a unifier like Jonathan at this time’’.

Mr Jonathan, who lost power to incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari, was born in 1957 in the Ogbia district in Bayelsa State.

He was previously of the PDP party on whose platform he ruled Nigeria until he lost the presidential election to Buhari in 2015.

NAN

https://gazettengr.com/just-in-jonathan-joins-apc-in-bayelsa-finally-accepts-presidential-nomination-forms-from-fulani-group/

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by EmirOfNews: 7:52am On May 12, 2022
Hmm..the fact is, he won't get the ticket. And as a Yoruba man, I don't care if Yoruba gets the ticket or not...all I want is man who will at least save this country. If you ask Tinubu; "why do you want to be a President?" His response will be, "it's a longtime ambition". Imagine! Though all of them are selfish but I strongly believe that some will still try and make changes that will help this country. Jonathan sef, I don't trust him again... I just tire for dis country abeg!
alsudan:
My gift to Afonjas
Guy, I don't know your age but I think you should pretend as if you're mature even if you're not. You people should stop all this...kai

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by HomoSapiien: 7:52am On May 12, 2022
cheesy grin

Anyone that thinks any of these politicians is different and have the interest of the people at heart more than their own interest is a compound fool cheesy grin

If you think Osinbajo is any different and that he has the interest of the people at heart, you’re too. grin

Politicians are always after power and their personal interest. Know this and know peace.

And the earlier we pick a less devil with vast experience and track record of success even though he serves his personal interest, the better.

This is why, with the track record of Asiwaju in Lagos, also with the fact he ensure able hands to succeed him, the better he’s going to serve Nigeria for the best.

Is there any other politicians with his track record of success in Lagos?

Nobody.

Vote Asiwaju for president 2023!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by Baawaa(m): 7:53am On May 12, 2022
If this man allow himself to be used by these rogues and thieves the embarrassment will be more than 2015

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by spinna: 7:54am On May 12, 2022
Ok . ... bunch of bombaclots
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by alsudan: 7:55am On May 12, 2022
My gift to Afonjas

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:02am On May 12, 2022
He's welcome.

Anyway we're with Ashiwaju Jagaban.

But truth be told, he's shameless and greedy.

That will cause him a great disgrace in the long run
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by cenaman(m): 8:04am On May 12, 2022
Politicians

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by muykem: 8:12am On May 12, 2022
He wants to take igbo chance anyway he is their adopted child.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by alsudan: 8:13am On May 12, 2022
EmirOfNews:
Hmm..the fact is, he won't get the ticket. And as a Yoruba man, I don't care if Yoruba gets the ticket or not...all I want is man who will at least save this country. If you ask Tinubu; "why do you want to be a President?" His response will be, "it's a longtime ambition". Imagine! Though all of them are selfish but I strongly believe that some will still try and make changes that will help this country. Jonathan sef, I don't trust him again... I just tire for dis country abeg!Guy, I don't know your age but I think you should pretend as if you're mature even if you're not. You people should stop all this...kai

Mr/Mrs Mature, with Tinubu/Osinbajo and Obi as the candidate of the two parties,who will you vote for?

Afonjas think say them wise pass everybody. To them the Southern Agenda means the SW, even after being President and VP for 16 years. Greedy lots.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by Nobody: 8:15am On May 12, 2022
EmirOfNews:
Hmm..the fact is, he won't get the ticket. And as a Yoruba man, I don't care if Yoruba gets the ticket or not...all I want is man who will at least save this country. If you ask Tinubu; "why do you want to be a President?" His response will be, "it's a longtime ambition". Imagine! Though all of them are selfish but I strongly believe that some will still try and make changes that will help this country. Jonathan sef, I don't trust him again... I just tire for dis country abeg!Guy, I don't know your age but I think you should pretend as if you're mature even if you're not. You people should stop all this...kai

grin So what does the bolded mean?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by EmirOfNews: 8:18am On May 12, 2022
alsudan:

Mr/Mrs Mature, with Tinubu and Obi as the candidate of the two parties,who will you vote for?

Afonjas think say them wise pass everybody. To them the Southern Agenda means the SW, even after being President and VP for 16 years. Greedy lots.
Uncle, I've always be voting PDP. We voted Atiku/Obi in 2019..so why we no support Osinbajo? So for your question, if it's Tinubu vs Obi, I will vote Obi not because I support PDP because I believe in Obi...(Tinubu should go rest...Nigeria is bigger than his selfish interest). But if it's Osinbajo vs Obi, I will vote Osinbajo. Thanks and enjoy your day!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by EmirOfNews: 8:23am On May 12, 2022
Blablamalala:

grin So what does the bolded mean?
It means selfish interest Bro...(you may not agree though). He has "boys" he can support. Yorubas will say, "agb'opa oba, oba ni". At this time, the country needs someone who can work tirelessly to save the country. That Baba need to rest..he needs to take care of his health. The country get issues abeg!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by rejoice4eva(m): 8:25am On May 12, 2022
Why is it the same North that shouted crucifying him' is the one shouting hosanna to Jonathan?
Then, what manner of leaders are Jonathan, Obasanjo and co, after benefitting immensely from PDP and goodwill of Nigerians, getting to the peak of their political carriers on the platform, turned their back on the party and Nigeria?
For 7 years, Nigerians suffered under bad leadership, Jonathan never supported the masses, but for fear and wickedness romanced the power that be.
For what looked like apparent blackmail, he was sheepishly silent and doing the bidding of APC.
Is it not foolishness, or greed that will even make the thought of running for president, and APC for that matter be mentioned concerning him? !!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by Ttalk: 8:26am On May 12, 2022
Jonathan is on his way to Golgotha
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by press9jatv: 8:31am On May 12, 2022
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has made history by becoming the first sub-Saharan African leader to be appointed to the International Advisory Board of the European Corporate Council on Africa and the Middle East, also known as the ECAM Council.

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by abitex577(m): 8:33am On May 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms by Mynd44: 8:39am On May 12, 2022

(1)

Tinubu Talk Everywhere Shake / Bursted: Tinubu Certificate Forgery / Just In. PETER OBI.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.