Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5447415 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT2: 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
merrypakman:
I attached startimes (84%)to my already tracked 9e today. Hope this helps someone, though my efforts to increase my signal on 9e 11804v27500 didn't work, it still remain @ 63%. Please note that this % are on my SRT4922A.
a u getting digisport on ur 9e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugonwanneokoye: 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
In need of an installer for sport 24 and 9e in onitsha.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
EuroBeam:

Is just the work of DST*

Well, DST* may have control over beams within the subsahara that can be nailed on 90cm and below but beyond that it's out of their control..

The sat providers are bias towards us.
Sky UK was initially available on 2.4M, then moved to 3M, later 4M dish and now it's 5M dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gmichael: 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jerana15:
Finally got eutelsat 7...11474 v 27500 with 70% while the MBC channels with 63%

Please, I have been trying for 2 weeks now (though not everyday). I just still couldn't get to go about tracking this bird despite relocating my dish position. Moreover, like in the former position I could still track ABS 3 at 3 degree west at 74% and NSS 4 at 20 degree west at 93%, but never get to hit green on Eutelsat 7A at 7.3 degree West.

Can you give a hint on how you went about it - Tracking Eutelsat 7 West? Your LNB and decoder? I have been thinking maybe MYTV blacklisted that bird on my decoder - if that is possible. I have not been able to get a spare decoder to use for the tracking. I use Strong SRT 4940.

Thank you.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by EuroBeam: 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
life707:

Well, DST* may have control over beams within the subsahara that can be nailed on 90cm and below but beyond that it's out of their control..

Sky UK was initially available on 2.4M, then moved to 3M, later 4M dish and now it's 5M dish.
Na wa ooo.

But have you tried andriod dishponiter to see if those satellite are available in your location.?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by power1212: 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
Gudeveing house,I saw bein sport on badr 456 pls can I get it with 2.5m dish location south south.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by EuroBeam: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
power1212:
Gudeveing house,I saw bein sport on badr 456 pls can I get it with 2.5m dish location south south.
You need to check the sat that broadcast the channel from your location by using your Andriod/iPhone phone to scan first. You can download any of the satellite finder app from playstore or app store.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
odilibe:
If you move to ses@5east-tvcnews_waptv_fta_C-Band

Oga, please give the satellite that feeds German bundesliga

Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chriswazo(m): 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
odilibe:

OK sir, thank you for your reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by engrjosefz(m): 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
finally nailed 9e with my 1.8m today... I didn't do much work, I tried hard to align my dish perfectly well using Dstv signal highest 94% and Nss7 west signal @ 97%. all other signals on Ku band LNB fell in line.
Joy prime @92%
TVC news @90%
9e@66%
Mbc action @68%

N. B: ku band LNB is offset and @12'o'clock when standing directly in front of the dish from East.

I'm yet to nail spt24 bcs my C-band need little tweaking. but will do it before weekend....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chriswazo(m): 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
odilibe:

OK sir, thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by EuroBeam: 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
davodyguy:

Oga, please give the satellite that feeds German bundesliga

Thanks
Have you tried ASTRA 28.2E?
Download DishFinder app from APPstore or Andriod. I recommend you use it to check the satellite around you.
Check the below pic. This EU

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
EuroBeam:

Have you tried ASTRA 28.2E?
Download DishFinder app from APPstore or Andriod. I recommend you use it to check the satellite around you.
Check the below pic. This EU

Thanks.

Care to share how it works and how it answers the question?
As in I'm looking for a c band satellite channel that feeds bundesliga to African beam
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by merrypakman: 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
kudos4u:
pls where does your 9e face and how any station are there?

Bro kindly read 4 to 5 pages back to know more about 9e. Happy hunting.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by merrypakman: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
sauceEEP:

But startime channels are all scrambled so what's the need or am I missing something?
France24, DWTV, AMC Movie, RT, AMC music channel etc are free @ that position
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by merrypakman: 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
TSHIRT2:

a u getting digisport on ur 9e
No
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by EuroBeam: 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
Search for help here:http://www.lyngsat-stream.com/tvcountry/Africa.html
davodyguy:

Thanks.

Care to share how it works and how it answers the question?
As in I'm looking for a c band satellite channel that feeds bundesliga to African beam
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
EuroBeam:
Search for help here:http://www.lyngsat-stream.com/tvcountry/Africa.html
I've been there couple of years ago.

Doesn't answer my question
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by EuroBeam: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
List channels let me see. Maybe that can help too
davodyguy:

I've been there couple of years ago.

Doesn't answer my question
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2016
EuroBeam:
List channels let me see. Maybe that can help too
Very obvious, you've no idea of what my post meant.

Odilibe said Bundesliga is viewable on a satellite and through a channel that feeds the matches to Africa.

I asked him the C band satellite, where the feeds are receivable.

Hope you get the gist now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 10:47pm On Apr 19, 2016
davodyguy:

Very obvious, you've no idea of what my post meant.
Odilibe said Bundesliga is viewable on a satellite and through a channel that feeds the matches to Africa.
I asked him the C band satellite, where the feeds are receivable.
Hope you get the gist now

It's a feed on Azerspace @46e C-band.
Frequency: 4050H30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
Using dish pointer app on Android was discussed on this forum more than 1year ago.

EuroBeam:

Na wa ooo.
But have you tried andriod dishponiter to see if those satellite are available in your location.?

Well am talking from practical point of view about out of footprint channels.
Of course we can nail the African beam on Astra 28.2e.
As at March/April 2015, sky UK was no longer receivable on 4M dish.
There was a case then on this forum, where a Sat mate here had to seek opinions here because he bought a 4.4M fibre dish but couldn't track sky UK. It was when other members here confirmed that it was no longer possible that the case was laid to rest.

I hope you understand what am saying.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 11:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
@davodyguy

Note that u haven't been getting answers about it cos we depend on some these channels to keep our viewing steady.
The moment, u talk here ,next thing is, it does not only get scrambled or keys get changed but the frequency disappears out of your reach, just like I talked about Verzish Sport HD earlier today.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 11:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
life707:
@davodyguy

Note that u haven't been getting answers about it cos we depend on some these channels to keep our viewing steady.
The moment, u talk here ,next thing is, it does not only get scrambled or keys get changed but the frequency disappears out of your reach, just like I talked about Verzish Sport HD earlier today.

You may be right.
However, we we choose to keep quiet on NL, some other loud 'mouths' out there speak about what we try to hide.

Take for instance that guy that calls himself Lemmy Morgan. All in the name of making money and getting traffic, he posts anything on his blog.

I'm really afraid about this 9e, cos the way Nigerians are going about it, it may soon get blocked. The monopolistic people from SA may realise that 9e offers more sport coverage than they do, hence notify them in Hungary where Magyar TV hails from and get it blocked.

We have to thread carefully

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
life707:

It's a feed on Azerspace @46e C-band.
Frequency: 4050H30000
will give it a shot
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jerana15(m): 12:00am On Apr 20, 2016
gmichael:

Please, I have been trying for 2 weeks now (though not everyday). I just still couldn't get to go about tracking this bird despite relocating my dish position. Moreover, like in the former position I could still track ABS 3 at 3 degree west at 74% and NSS 4 at 20 degree west at 93%, but never get to hit green on Eutelsat 7A at 7.3 degree West.

Can you give a hint on how you went about it - Tracking Eutelsat 7 West? Your LNB and decoder? I have been thinking maybe MYTV blacklisted that bird on my decoder - if that is possible. I have not been able to get a spare decoder to use for the tracking. I use Strong SRT 4940.

Thank you.

After getting abs at 73%, u reduce d elevation downwards a bit n den move to ur right gently why standing at d back of d dish,its very close to abs so make sure d pole u mounted it on is straight...I used square strong lnb(short neck)...its at 90clock..use the picture I posted as a reference
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 12:26am On Apr 20, 2016
davodyguy:

You may be right.
However, we we choose to keep quiet on NL, some other loud 'mouths' out there speak about what we try to hide.

Take for instance that guy that calls himself Lemmy Morgan. All in the name of making money and getting traffic, he posts anything on his blog.

I'm really afraid about this 9e, cos the way Nigerians are going about it, it may soon get blocked. The monopolistic people from SA may realise that 9e offers more sport coverage than they do, hence notify them in Hungary where Magyar TV hails from and get it blocked.

We have to thread carefully

I think so too, sooner than later, the signal may be weaken.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 20, 2016
am I the only one lost to what is going on here, wanna watch free channels, yes but I dont understand the A and B of it all.

sombory help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logsey: 6:46am On Apr 20, 2016
Moyin4king:
if it is strong 2.4m dish the focal length is 915mm ,& lnb scew should be 3 or 9oclock , declination angle depend on your area, but their some app you can use for that at playstore

Thank-you for quick reply.

declination with 2scew up.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ABUTHAOBAN(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2016
From right 9e @64% and left 7w MBC @63%.
Dish size 90cm.
Location Ilesha osun state.

2 Shares

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ddone2020: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2016
pls ppls wit d idea of Sony hds at 66e dat are scrambled & d key hasn't changed . what can l do 2 revive it ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2016
life707:

Brother,you've said it all,they design their beams for themselves only but i also think they're in sort of a union/association which allocates coverage areas for beam design,i think this also explain why the sats are close and in strategic positions,check in on lyngsat for Intelsat and SES sats.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: adubam(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.