Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5438616 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adinanabdulsamad(m): 6:15pm On May 05, 2016
pls repect yr tongue and adress other well. if u call somebody religion useless then own too is useless. pls appologies to member of this thread its not for christians alone.ok

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adinanabdulsamad(m): 6:16pm On May 05, 2016
pls repect yr tongue and adress others well. if u call somebody religion useless then yr own too is useless. pls appologies to members of this thread its not for christians alone.ok
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 05, 2016
@All,Please has anyone being able to connect his decoder to his laptop and view the channels on the laptop.All attempt to get solution on google has not yielded any good info.Thinking of getting a portable Dvd,as i have seen some one connect it to decoder and track channels and view them as well.Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lele4u(m): 6:25pm On May 05, 2016
okoegualek:
@All,Please has anyone being able to connect his decoder to his laptop and view the channels on the laptop.All attempt to get solution on google has not yielded any good info.Thinking of getting a portable Dvd,as i have seen some one connect it to decoder and track channels and view them as well.Thanks
Get a TV card for laptop
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lele4u(m): 6:26pm On May 05, 2016
okoegualek:
Get a TV card for laptop
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 10:13pm On May 05, 2016
The tp I posted for MTN is 34w
Afn position global beam

Give it a trial
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by engrjosefz(m): 5:23am On May 06, 2016
cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by engrjosefz(m): 5:24am On May 06, 2016
davodguy:
The tp I posted for MTN is 34w Afn position global beam
Give it a trial
wow, putting on my tracking shoes... I will check on my 1.8m later in d day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 5:43am On May 06, 2016
engrjosefz:

wow, putting on my tracking shoes... I will check on my 1.8m later
in d day

The dish will be down by 14-15% from 20w.

The dish will be the reverse of dstv. Dstv is 36e and this one is 34w.

You have NTA there and AFN sport as well.

Try on one metre and scalar ring
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by engrjosefz(m): 6:49am On May 06, 2016
davodguy:

No sports24 on that bird??
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 6:57am On May 06, 2016
Gdmorning 2 evrbdy in d house i two question 1. since i rescan my multi tv, sunshine tv disappear are they off d air. 2. max tv no video no audio. is it general? thanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:33am On May 06, 2016
lele4u:

Get a TV card for laptop

THANKS,DO YOU HAVE IDEA OF THE COST? IS IT DIFFERENT FROM "USB TV STICK DVB RECEIVER" OR HOW I CAN GETBIT.ONE LOVE.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 7:41am On May 06, 2016
Rumour and Fake News
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by engrjosefz(m): 7:49am On May 06, 2016
davodguy:

I tracked d bird, got sports24@ same signal level 56% and the AFN sports signal was 75%. on my 1.8m.

but the station on AFN freq is only 3. I. e Sports, Atlantic, and news.
another thing was that the normal key for AFN sports @1e and 9e didn't open the 3 stations.
note: All protocols were observed, changing ident etc.

Shed more light pls

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:03am On May 06, 2016
engrjosefz:

I tracked d bird, got sports24@ same signal level 56% and the AFN sports signal was 75%. on my 1.8m.

another thing was that the normal key for AFN sports @1e and 9e didn't open the 3 stations.

Shed more light pls

Thanks for the info and your effort.

More research ongoing.

To all that may not know
MTN World Wide TV, HAS NOTHING to do with the SA communication giant, MTN

This MTN TV belongs to EMC from USA and they use these channels to feed not home use but for boat and ferries, through internet communication. They are currently expanding to reach as many boats and ferries soon. They will improve very soon

More update later

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:05am On May 06, 2016
Dont have a 1m dish, hence I'm urging anyone that has one to give it a try with the scalar ring
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 8:40am On May 06, 2016
davodyguy:
Dont have a 1m dish, hence I'm urging anyone that has one to give it a try with the scalar ring
Guy, this is a very good news for the morning, dusting my 1.2 for the onslaught tonight, kindly share the parameters or is it the same with the one you gave up there?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:51am On May 06, 2016
ugotuf:

Guy, this is a very good news for the morning, dusting my 1.2 for the onslaught tonight, kindly share the parameters or is it the same with the one you gave up there?

TP 4091H SR 20670

Intelsat 903 at 34.5°W

4126 L 3680-2/3

NTA from Nigeria is also there
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 8:53am On May 06, 2016
engrjosefz:

Shed more light pls
Good job bros. and congratulations, what's the parameter of the afn there and how many channels are there in all ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 8:57am On May 06, 2016
davodyguy:

TP 4091H SR 20670

Intelsat 903 at 34.5°W

4126 L 3680-2/3

NTA from Nigeria is also there

Thank you Davodyguy. I will give it a try tonight.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 11:10am On May 06, 2016
Z 24hd @ 20‘w recieveable wit 1.8m @ southeast presently & if yes which lnb type to be used- bc mine z not working wit strong lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by orkman(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2016
Eldorado382:
Z 24hd @ 20‘w recieveable wit 1.8m @ southeast presently & if yes which lnb type to be used- bc mine z not working wit strong lnb
Yes
Strng lnb ok
10 o'clock standing in front
dielectric plate in
54-57% q**t
24hrs no cracking
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 2:17pm On May 06, 2016
I apologize for the comment i made earlier,it's causing a fuss here already;I don't mean to disrespect any body or religion...I sincerely tender my apologies.I know if it were to be other well moderated sections of nairaland,my ban would be immenent...Once again,I'm SORRY.

9 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by clemo4u(m): 3:11pm On May 06, 2016
inverto black lnb i need itt
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by medulla01(m): 3:16pm On May 06, 2016
engrjosefz:

Shed more light pls
.ur location and what percent nta get u on 1.8 and lnb name u use pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 5:04pm On May 06, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
I apologize for the comment i made earlier,it's causing a fuss here already;I don't mean to disrespect any body or religion...I sincerely tender my apologies.I know if it were to be other well moderated sections of nairaland,my ban would be immenent...Once again,I'm SORRY.
That's the spirit those affected should accept his apologies.

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinremedy(m): 5:34pm On May 06, 2016
ben1daEbiri:

U're a real man! I respect u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 6:14pm On May 06, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
I believe the beam you saw (that makes you think so) is the western hemisphere beam which has "nothing",I mean "nothing".No interesting channels at all except some useless islamic/muslim channels.The channels you should be drolling for are on the global beam (SP24 and the rest) and if you carefully look at the beam and check it's EIRP equivalent on the table,you'll see they were right,so i agree on 2.4m!
stop abusing other religion here can u beat ur chest and say christianity is best religion.we all following what they told us try and apply home training here we are all families.thks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 6:21pm On May 06, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
I believe the beam you saw (that makes you think so) is the western hemisphere beam which has "nothing",I mean "nothing".No interesting channels at all except some useless islamic/muslim channels.The channels you should be drolling for are on the global beam (SP24 and the rest) and if you carefully look at the beam and check it's EIRP equivalent on the table,you'll see they were right,so i agree on 2.4m!
stop abusing other religion here can u beat ur chest and told us christianity is best religion.we all following what they told us try and apply home training here we are all families in this forum.thks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinremedy(m): 6:54pm On May 06, 2016
Sensicut:
stop abusing other religion here can u beat ur chest and told us christianity is best religion.we all following what they told us try and apply home training here we are all families in this forum.thks

The guy has apologized, what else do u want from him? Is there anything greater than sorry?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:40pm On May 06, 2016
To all those still thinking otherwise,once again;I'm sorry.I can't give any reason good enough to justify my other comment.I'm truely sorry for undermining or disrespecting you or your religion.

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ryusufu(m): 7:44pm On May 06, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
apology accepted.... No hard feelings, pal

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.