Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5436034 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
owagbeba:

Hi. Just bought and installed strong mytv decoder. I have been searching for RT news no success. Are still on Astra 4A?
Is it still FTA?
Yes still FTA on ses5 east with 60cm dish u can be able to track the channel with the above frequency.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
ManirBK:
Yes still FTA on ses5 east with 60cm dish u can be able to track the channel with the above frequency.

Man, I have searched for SES5 all morning. It's not on the list. I saw SES4... But no SES5 on the list of satellites. I am using strong decoder 4950E.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
ManirBK:

On SES4, I got 4 channels CCTN, CCTV9,CCTVdoc and CCTVF.

I bought this decoder just for RT News(English). Quite frustrated.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
owagbeba:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
owagbeba:

Man, I have searched for SES5 all morning. It's not on the list. I saw SES4... But no SES5 on the list of satellites. I am using strong decoder 4950E.
OK no problem.You can track the SAT using tp 12015v29950 there,then blind scan to secure the channel or you can manually add the tp 12054v29950 RT NEWS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Christgalaxy(m): 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
owagbeba:

dont give up yet,no need looking for were u will see ses5, add 11919 h 27500 to the existing satelite.raise ur dish high up and move it to ur right if u in the front or left if u are the back. Tweak ur lnb to be @ 2 oclock.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
ayibatonye:

Pls where can i buy that 4in1 lnb holder and what is the cost
u can get it at oshodi @d rate of 2k to 2.5k
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kenimiss(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
Longtime house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abdullahramadan: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thank you brother, the reason I asked is because I rarely install big dishes. Like today, I was trying a small lnb alongside the big dish I installed since sometime and it receives quran tv, 5 aljazeera and other Islamic channels but with no avail. It took me all day to install Eutelsat 16deg or Astra 19deg. I did not succeed.
EMMAACHILE:

Your comment or question is messed up.
Big dish receives more channels than small dish with any lnb. Simple
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Christgalaxy:

dont give up yet,no need looking for were u will see ses5, add 11919 h 27500 to the existing satelite.raise ur dish high up and move it to ur right if u in the front or left if u are the back. Tweak ur lnb to be @ 2 oclock.

No head way. See photo. I have added the TP and Freq. still no RT News. Any other trick to this?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
ManirBK:
OK no problem.You can track the SAT using tp 12015v29950 there,then blind scan to secure the channel or you can manually add the tp 12054v29950 RT NEWS

Bro, help out. I have done blind scan and manually added the TP n Freq.. Still getting only cctv, no RT news. Any other trick

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by luvablesam(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
Can I get free cartoon stations (a few) on 60mm, 90mm or 1.2 m dish. At what directions please?. I am keen on English spoken cartoons. Someone should help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Christgalaxy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
owagbeba:

No head way. See photo. I have added the TP and Freq. still no RT News. Any other trick to this?

are u an installer? From ur pics that is dstv position and U cannot get Rt there,the sat is on 5degree east. With the tp i gave u, raise ur dish high up to ur right that is if u ar in front and left while u re trackin from the back. when u hit green blind scan.
below are list of the channels:
cctv news french&english,dw,afrcanews,tv congo,france 24,mbc(malawi),RT, etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
owagbeba:

Bro, help out. I have done blind scan and manually added the TP n Freq.. Still getting only cctv, no RT news. Any other trick
Did you turn your dish to ses5 position ? let me have that your CCTV tp just to know if you are on the right direction
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Christgalaxy(m): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
luvablesam:
Can I get free cartoon stations (a few) on 60mm, 90mm or 1.2 m dish. At what directions please?. I am keen on English spoken cartoons. Someone should help
no sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by luvablesam(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Christgalaxy:

no sir

None?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
owagbeba:

ManirBK:

You are on 36e. You need to raise your dish up to get the satellite you r looking for.
Did you turn your dish to ses5 position ? let me have that your CCTV tp just to know if you are on the right direction
He's obviously on the wrong sat. Dstv position for to be precise
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ameboperoo:

He's obviously on the wrong sat. Dstv position for to be precise

The installer is familiar with DSTV position, and I guess he mounted it in that position. Here is a position of the dish facing east and my compass reading. What should do now? Any adjustment?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
ManirBK:
Here are the cctv to. How do I adjust to get RT News?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
owagbeba:

Here are the cctv to. How do I adjust to get RT News?
yes wrong position.You need to change your current dish position to ses5 satelite positiom using 12015v29950.contact your installer to do you the magic.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
ManirBK:
yes wrong position.You need to change your current dish position to ses5 satelite positiom using 12015v29950.contact your installer to do you the magic.

Bro, the installer left me in this quandary. I'm just trying use my DIY skills here but I am falling short.

SES5 @ 5 degrees East
Inclination ?

From my compass, I'm facing east. So 5 degree should read 95 on my compass, right? See photo

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
Christgalaxy:

are u an installer? From ur pics that is dstv position and U cannot get Rt there,the sat is on 5degree east. With the tp i gave u, raise ur dish high up to ur right that is if u ar in front and left while u re trackin from the back. when u hit green blind scan.
below are list of the channels:
cctv news french&english,dw,afrcanews,tv congo,france 24,mbc(malawi),RT, etc

Hi Chris. No, I am not an installer. The installer I paid for the job left and he is not back since noon.
I put up a photo of the dish position facing east (I took the photo facing South). From my dish position, should I turn to the right? What about the inclination?
Pls help!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 9:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
eerekake:

You can call me for all your cband installations, 07064615757.I base in yenagoa,bayelsa state.
which of the satellite do u want to install? Or is it motorize do u want to install
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 2:38am On Jul 17, 2016
owagbeba:

Hi Chris. No, I am not an installer. The installer I paid for the job left and he is not back since noon.
I put up a photo of the dish position facing east (I took the photo facing South). From my dish position, should I turn to the right? What about the inclination?
Pls help!
you r obviously nt an installer, so dis might prove difficult for u. input this tp 12015 v 29950 in ur decoder, then standing @ d back of ur dish move it up nd to ur right by about 30 - 45 degrees with ur lnb @ 5 'o clock. when u hit green, fine tune to get max signal then blind scan. goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 9:03am On Jul 17, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

From 1800 naira
Thank you very much.
Sir EMMAACHILE, can you help to buy me one?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 9:05am On Jul 17, 2016
iykmora:
you r obviously nt an installer, so dis might prove difficult for u. input this tp 12015 v 29950 in ur decoder, then standing @ d back of ur dish move it up nd to ur right by about 30 - 45 degrees with ur lnb @ 5 'o clock. when u hit green, fine tune to get max signal then blind scan. goodluck.
he is even using 4950 series decoder which will make it even harder to track as a novice
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:08am On Jul 17, 2016
@Owagbeba, from the picture u posted shows that the installer is pointing on dstv position, from that position, dstv azimuth angle is 106.2 and elevation angle is 54.4, then for u to get ses 5, u must move your dish to the right while standing at the back of the dish, the azimuth angle of ses 5 is 190.9 and elevation angle is 78.8, that is to show you that ses 5 must face upward very well before turning ur dish to right, and lnbF skew should be on 5 0clock if u see dish as a wall clock.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2016
graphicicon:
@Owagbeba, from the picture u posted shows that the installer is pointing on dstv position, from that position, dstv azimuth angle is 106.2 and elevation angle is 54.4, then for u to get ses 5, u must move your dish to the right while standing at the back of the dish, the azimuth angle of ses 5 is 190.9 and elevation angle is 78.8, that is to show you that ses 5 must face upward very well before turning ur dish to right, and lnbF skew should be on 5 0clock if u see dish as a wall clock.

Hello graphicicon and other fellows.
Happy Sunday. No church for me today. I'm stuck in a "solve-a-riddle mode" since last night...lol.

Now I guess the pan is facing East 96deg (standing behind the dish). Should I rotate to the right -to South 191degree? SEE COMPASS PHOTO

Inclination. I guess it's inclined at an angle of 54... Should I face up to 78 degree?

About skewing LNBF to 5'o clock. I am lost here. The LNBF handle is fastened to the dish by a bolt. It can not move clockwise. Can you show me a photo of your LNBF at 5' o clock?

Update:
I called the installer with the info you lovely fella provided, the f@cker said he can't do it. So I have to figure this out myself.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by owagbeba: 11:30am On Jul 17, 2016
Attn iykmora, hotobo , Christgalaxy , ManirBK , please see above - photos and compass reading. I appreciate all the help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
owagbeba:

Hello graphicicon and other fellows.
Happy Sunday. No church for me today. I'm stuck in a "solve-a-riddle mode" since last night...lol.

Now I guess the pan is facing East 96deg (standing behind the dish). Should I rotate to the right -to South 191degree? SEE COMPASS PHOTO
Yes

Inclination. I guess it's inclined at an angle of 54... Should I face up to 78 degree?
Yes

About skewing LNBF to 5'o clock. I am lost here. The LNBF handle is fastened to the dish by a bolt. It can not move clockwise. Can you show me a photo of your LNBF at 5' o clock?
Now, if you look at the lnb, u will see that the cable is connected to it. Rotate the lnb so that the cable will be straight down from the lnb. (that's 6 o'clock position)
Now, put your receiver in manual search, enter the frequency, symbol rate and polarization given above. While your eyes is fixed on the signal bar on the decoder, slowly move the dish up and down, side to side around the position u r until the signal bar on the decoder turns green. Tighten the bolts and if necessary, fine tune the lnb to get the highest %. You can then scan
Update:
I called the installer with the info you lovely fella provided, the f@cker said he can't do it. So I have to figure this out myself.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mosescollon: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
owagbeba:
Attn iykmora, hotobo , Christgalaxy , ManirBK , please see above - photos and compass reading. I appreciate all the help.
WhatsApp me on this number, I am ready to help you +250788274505
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by costas: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
who can tell me which channels broadcast the la liga and eredivisie in Africa free to air please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.