Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5445702 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mecussey(m): 9:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
olise88:
Thanks for your reply bro. Where and like how much can I get the 4922A?

that box is almost 25k now but price am well ooo... check ur local market or send money make i send one to you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lele4u(m): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Before uploading the picture of the glass,I'll like you to bear in mind that your dish alignment is poor;even before inserting the dielectric plate,you should hit 73-75%,then when you insert it,you should get 84-85% (with your lnb skewed at 6 O'clock) after which you input the sp24 tp and tweak the lnb (this is the real tracking).Attached are pictures of the glass and my own sp24
Thank you. But your Pictures did not show what I see is default. And also can a tree block signal because I track sony without the dielectric only HBO CNN and sky news came out of a lot of powervu channels there. What will you say about that. I will upload my picture of setup morrow and the supposed tree blocking my East. But please send your Pictures again. Thsnks

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 3:12am On Jul 30, 2016
certifiedgman:

ur location?

Akure
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blizoj: 8:22am On Jul 30, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Your decoder is likely 4669xii,that model always act up.I suspect two thingssad1)software issues-Upgrade with the latest stb for that model and (2)The tuner is bad,therefore it sees only one polarisation and in this case,it's H.I can bet it wouldn't see all or most V Polarisations.Try can a V polarisation of any satellite and see if it sees signal.I think the latter is most likely the fault.
yes boss u ar ryt..it sees only H polarizations..pls wer can i get d latest software..its 4669X
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mujaya1(m): 8:40am On Jul 30, 2016
please this eutelsat16a frequencies 12522h and 10804h sr30000 i have been using to track the satellite, but today i tried for long without green any help from the house or is there any problem using 60cm but i use qsat to track.my lnbf skew is at 4clock.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by timibare(m): 9:57am On Jul 30, 2016
Pls I need 3m dish or above.......
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 10:30am On Jul 30, 2016
mujaya1:
please this eutelsat16a frequencies 12522h and 10804h sr30000 i have been using to track the satellite, but today i tried for long without green any help from the house or is there any problem using 60cm but i use qsat to track.my lnbf skew is at 4clock.
skew ur lnb to 9 o'clock or 3 o'clock and use 10804 h 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
olise88:
Thanks for your reply bro. Where and like how much can I get the 4922A?

mecussey:

that box is almost 25k now but price am well ooo... check ur local market or send money make i send one to you

Strong 4955 is preferred for 12,500 and pair with a card for 16e local channels or get Qsat 28g.

4922d is 15000 in Lokoja.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olise88(m): 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Strong 4955 is preferred for 12,500 and pair with a card for 16e local channels or get Qsat 28g.

Thanks bro. I'm in Lagos and don't know if I can get it at that same price here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
olise88:
Thanks bro. I'm in Lagos and don't know if I can get it at that same price here.
Check any strong dealer shop. It's same price nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Check any strong dealer shop. It's same price nationwide.

i bought for 11k in delta

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Femwal: 6:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
ppls friends how much for 180cm pan dish wit cband lnd..i wan to buy it tomorrow morning pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
krasican:

i bought for 11k in delta
Which model and when? 4955 or 4922
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Femwal:
ppls friends how much for 180cm pan dish wit cband lnd..i wan to buy it tomorrow morning pls
Look for strong 1.8m dish cos it's near perfect and strong cband. Price should be from 13k to 16k depending on location

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
blizoj:
yes boss u ar ryt..it sees only H polarizations..pls wer can i get d latest software..its 4669X
Goto strong website,if it stands any chance of working,it will be with it's official software...I'm really sorry to burst your bubble but the truth is;90% of such cases are not retified by a software upgrade unless the company acknowledges such fault...What I'm trying to say in essence is that your receiver's tuner is bad!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Femwal: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=EMMAACHILE post=48034972]
Look for strong 1.8m dish cos it's near perfect and strong cband. Price should be from 13k to 16k depending on location tank my brother

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
logonlaredo:

skew ur lnb to 9 o'clock or 3 o'clock and use 10804 h 30000
Please give detailed info with TPs,the TP you gave him to track with is STRICTLY H polarity and he can only hit green if he skews 9,8 or 7 O'clock.If he skews 3 O'clock,(Which is V polarity)He'll track till it starts raining and he wouldn't hit green.And I think the best TP for that bird is 12522H30000,hit 80% and above then his problem is solved.No offense please.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
lele4u:

Thank you. But your Pictures did not show what I see is default. And also can a tree block signal because I track sony without the dielectric only HBO CNN and sky news came out of a lot of powervu channels there. What will you say about that. I will upload my picture of setup morrow and the supposed tree blocking my East. But please send your Pictures again. Thsnks
Of course,trees can block signals.The SONY package TP is a linear TP so it doesn't need a dielectric plate,I'll upload my pictures later.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blizoj: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Goto strong website,if it stands any chance of working,it will be with it's official software...I'm really sorry to burst your bubble but the truth is;90% of such cases are not retified by a software upgrade unless the company acknowledges such fault...What I'm trying to say in essence is that your receiver's tuner is bad!
thnks man...but some V Polarity is showing lyk d ones from intelsat 68..and this tp 11595 V 30000 is showing..its jst d multitv part dat is not showin...is is still d turner dat is bad or smthg else?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
blizoj:
thnks man...but some V Polarity is showing lyk d ones from intelsat 68..and this tp 11595 V 30000 is showing..its jst d multitv part dat is not showin...is is still d turner dat is bad or smthg else?
Disconnect your diseqc switch,do a straight connection,use a new another satellite (or factory reset the box entirely) to scan the TP.The box is seeing multitv frequency (12522V30000) to be the same as mytv frequency (12522H30000) that's why it's having polarisation issues.If after resetting and scanning the frequency remotely (without diseqc) and no signal,that tuner is bad,but if it does,change your diseqc.But I doubt if the latter is the case.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mecussey(m): 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

I am not suprised, I once bought that 4922A 11k. I am sure it was demand that pushed the price up. Pple who have old stock can still sell that cheap but for Q sat....i wont recommend. Software changes everyday and the customer suffers.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 31, 2016
mecussey:

I am not suprised, I once bought that 4922A 11k. I am sure it was demand that pushed the price up. Pple who have old stock can still sell that cheap but for Q sat....i wont recommend. Software changes everyday and the customer suffers.
Apart from the advantage of a paired card, I still rate Qsat over strong brands especially when it comes to blindscanning, faster processor and a more modern outlook both on software and size.

Remember inbuilt SIM for those with cccam and better support for 3g modems.

The Wi-Fi setup is more easier than strong and even the Powervu is more advanced than strong cos it's semi autoroll.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:44am On Jul 31, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Apart from the advantage of a paired card, I still rate Qsat over strong brands especially when it comes to blindscanning, faster processor and a more modern outlook both on software and size.

The Wi-Fi setup is more easier than strong and even the Powervu is more advanced than strong cos it's semi autoroll.
My brother,I want to ask if you've used C-band with Q-sat?it's a pain in the head...not a site to behold!The features you listed are cool but when it comes to PV,STRONG is best.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mujaya1(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Please give detailed info with TPs,the TP you gave him to track with is STRICTLY H polarity and he can only hit green if he skews 9,8 or 7 O'clock.If he skews 3 O'clock,(Which is V polarity)He'll track till it starts raining and he wouldn't hit green.And I think the best TP for that bird is 12522H30000,hit 80% and above then his problem is solved.No offense please.
thank you all, i track multi tv and i want to add 16e below to the right handsize.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
My brother,I want to ask if you've used C-band with Q-sat?it's a pain in the head...not a site to behold!The features you listed are cool but when it comes to PV,STRONG is best.
What is the problem with cband on Qsat? I don't use it to track. I track with old strong 4669xi. After tracking, I use Qsat or mini x4 for blindscanning.

My Qsat works perfect with cband
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 8:47am On Jul 31, 2016
mecussey:

Does strong 4955 has PV software available & where can 1 get it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by medulla01(m): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

What is the problem with cband on Qsat? I don't use it to track. I track with old strong 4669xi. After tracking, I use Qsat or mini x4 for blindscanning.

My Qsat works perfect with cband
.u are my rite.who said qsat is 4 cband lol.both strong decorder and qsat are okey 4 qsat.I use both a lot bt qsat is faster in scaning than strong decorder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2016
Eldorado382:

Strong 4955 Powervu enabled software 1.74 version. Download below
http://www.netkeysat.net/download.php?id=58096
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by moses4all(m): 10:56am On Jul 31, 2016
Dear forum members, help me,my satcom 222 is stuck on power on:i have tried changing power supply yet not working. Please help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mecussey(m): 11:38am On Jul 31, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Well, I would say Strong is like Android while Qsat is like Iphone. A lot of things on Qsat but complicated to the ordinary man and support only comes from Qsat or its users. Strong is like android, support comes from everybody and can be manipulated by you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mecussey(m): 11:40am On Jul 31, 2016
Eldorado382:

I have not used 4955, I only know about 4922. The guy at lokoja might help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 31, 2016
mecussey:

I have not used 4955, I only know about 4922. The guy at lokoja might help
It works well on Powervu. I sent a download link for the latest software updated on 24th July 2016.
Check my earlier post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.