Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5440921 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
Give me one or two advantage of strong 4922 over Gsky and alphabox. I feel strong 4922a is highly overrated in this forum.

Chinedu7:

My Top 3
1. Srt 4922a
2. Gsky V6
3. Alphabox X4

Srt 4922a
it's the most flexible and accommodating decoder out there. It can pretty much do everything even though it's manual.
And it's easy to use and compatible to use for almost whatever you can think of. Card slot, cccam, YouTube video etc

Gsky V6
This Machine is arguably the most important today because it's the king of autoroll. Software support is very prompt. It can do a lot like opening biss keys encrypted channels automatically just like it does on powervu, online streaming, YouTube etc but it's my number 2 because it's not jack of all trades like Srt 4922a. If you want just powervu Gsky is your baby.

Alphabox x4
This is a poor man's Gsky v6. Alphabox is a cheaper alternative to Gsky. It's basically the cheapest efficient autoroll decoder in the market. It currently opens biss key encrypted KWESE Sports TV just like Gsky but doesn't have 70% of Gsky's features.

Conclusion:- If you can only buy one decoder, then buy Srt 4922a. If you only care about Powervu then Gsky is your baby. If you want Gsky but doesn't have enough money, then go for Alphabox X4.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tonididdy(m): 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
paulowas:

you re welcome.its just a hardware issue.i ve fixed a couple of 4669 series with same problem.
If it was the cable nagative and positve terminals that come in contact with each other,it will display 'lnbf' but if you remove the cable from the back of the decoder and swicth off the decoder and switch it on again, it will start working fine.As far as it still displays 'lnbf' even when no cable is connected to it,you don't ve choice other than to ve the transistor replaced.
u are very right but do u have any idea how much this normally costs.?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by paulowas(m): 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
tonididdy:
u are very right but do u have any idea how much this normally costs.?
with #1200,you can have it fixed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
@Emmachile I humbly disagree,SRT 4922 (a,d and d+) is not in any way overrated.Even before the advent of this model,you could argue that strong made good boxes earlier.The almighty 4669x is still so much in use,at the moment,no other receiver can beat that;we should give them credit,their boxes have good tuners and a very easy UI (the UI of 4950 series might be one major reason why 4922 is prefered).Strong is just top quality...even though 4922 doesn't autoroll,I'll pick it over alphabox anytime,anyday!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 29, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
@Emmachile I humbly disagree,SRT 4922 (a,d and d+) is not in any way overrated.Even before the advent of this model,you could argue that strong made good boxes earlier.The almighty 4669x is still so much in use,at the moment,no other receiver can beat that;we should give them credit,their boxes have good tuners and a very easy UI (the UI of 4950 series might be one major reason why 4922 is prefered).Strong is just top quality...even though 4922 doesn't autoroll,I'll pick it over alphabox anytime,anyday!
You've not stated any advantage. Good UI for strong?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2016
Pls anyone kindly explain this item is used for.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=jman77 post=48891212]Pls anyone kindly explain this item is used for

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mustaphataofeek: 9:42am On Aug 29, 2016
plz house someone's help me on my Qsat is not working on SP24 what can I do plz plz plz help me out thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SayDeeJay: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2016
To all those who have the experience of tracking Sp 24 on 57E,

I tried nailing the bird on my 1.8m last Saturday, i was able to get 77-78% on 3800 V 20000 but the Sp 24 freq kept flashing green between 34-58% and was never stable.

Please, how do I solve the problem?

Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by clemo4u(m): 9:58am On Aug 29, 2016
dish size to track 39east@naija south ,south naija
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2016
jman77:
Pls anyone kindly explain this item is used for.
the is digital USB component that connect to PC in order to get access to watch terrestrial channels in your area if only your city has migrated to digital.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 10:18am On Aug 29, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

You and I know strong have the best UI around,don't argue it.Then most importantly,their TUNERS cannot be compared to any other...in turn,alphabox have the worst tuners ever known,Gsky doesn't even have a better tuner than strong!I think you sell this stuffs,you know the truth,I mean no harm to your business!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 10:36am On Aug 29, 2016
arbourboateng:
the is digital USB component that connect to PC in order to get access to watch terrestrial channels in your area if only your city has migrated to digital.
hmm! I see, thanks for the prompt response bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 10:49am On Aug 29, 2016
SayDeeJay:

I tried nailing the bird on my 1.8m last Saturday, i was able to get 77-78% on 3800 V 20000 but the Sp 24 freq kept flashing green between 34-58% and was never stable.

Thanks.
skew ur lNbf to 5oclock wit glass inside n carefully monitor ur signal level,u ll surely tank me later

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Samsamo: 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
can someone tell me d best iptv decoder i can lay my hand on?can it work with eldge netwk?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mustaphataofeek: 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
SayDeeJay:

Thanks.
the signal is reduce b4 my is 67% now is 62 on 3m so tell me1.8 is a big work

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SayDeeJay: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
baggiosne:
skew ur lNbf to 5oclock wit glass inside n carefully monitor ur signal level,u ll surely tank me later
mustaphataofeek:

the signal is reduce b4 my is 67% now is 62 on 3m so tell me1.8 is a big work

Thank you guys. I will give it one more trial when I have the chance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
You and I know strong have the best UI around,don't argue it.Then most importantly,their TUNERS cannot be compared to any other...in turn,alphabox have the worst tuners ever known,Gsky doesn't even have a better tuner than strong!I think you sell this stuffs,you know the truth,I mean no harm to your business!
EMMAACHILE:

I love my alphabox x4 principally because in these days of powervu, I don't give myself headache with looking for keys it is just plug and play I don't even know when keys get changed unless I see people with strong 4922 looking for keys on this thread, this to me is an advantage that passes other that strong may have above it unless strong too will start an autoroll decoder

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Hahaha. I dont sell anything. I only use a lot of decoders. The only thing going for strong in my opinion is the paired cards and nothing else. Strong is a manual decoder and looks a little dated compared to more recent decoders like gsky or alphabox.

HAH:

I love my alphabox x4 principally because in these days of powervu, I don't give myself headache with looking for keys it is just plug and play I don't even know when keys get changed unless I see people with strong 4922 looking for keys on this thread, this to me is an advantage that passes other that strong may have above it unless strong too will start an autoroll decoder

That is a very strong point. I will pick a gsky decoder over strong decoders. Thats all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Hahaha. I dont sell anything. I only use a lot of decoders. The only thing going for strong in my opinion is the paired cards and nothing else. Strong is a manual decoder and looks a little dated compared to more recent decoders like gsky or alphabox.

That is a very strong point. I will pick a gsky decoder over strong decoders. Thats all.
Well,if you say Gsky,I wouldn't agree more but alphabox over 4922?I disagree...One major yardstick i use in comparing and spoting good decoders is the TUNER and from all the boxes I've come across so far,strong products stand out in this.Outside powervu,alphabox is trash,I'm not hating on them but if every other thing is put in consideration,alphabox wouldn't even be behind strong.If I'm going for an autoroll box,it's Gsky all the way!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
@Emmaachile @HAH I'm pretty sure y'all will come running back to 4922 once an autoroll patch is released!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
@Emmaachile @HAH I'm pretty sure y'all will come running back to 4922 once an autoroll patch is released!

honestly if strong 4922 has an autoroll I will have no business with alphabox, but as long as I have to look for keys every two days then alphabox is better than it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
HAH:

honestly if strong 4922 has an autoroll I will have no business with alphabox, but as long as I have to look for keys every two days then alphabox is better than it
what is d price of each bc dat will help in d comparism
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Eldorado382:
what is d price of each bc dat will help in d comparism
I bought it 7000 in February but I learn is now it is 9500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
The price even makes it more ridiculous,the most annoying thing about alphabox is the conundrum of bricking while upgrading;Though we all know that ANY box stands a chance of bricking when the power is out during upgrade but that of alphabox is a perennial problem.Almost all ORIGINAL strong box would survive being fried if there's power outage in the process of upgrade but that of alphabox is damn slim!8/10 alphaboxes would get fried in such cases...alphabox is just an auto-roll-glorified piece of trash!Once again,no hating meant.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
Mr Man, stop leaving in the past. Alphabox is a modern powervu decoder while your strong is just a normal fta decoder.
You will pick strong over Alphabox while others will pick Alphabox over strong.
Reminds me of the argument of manual and auto cars.

ben1daEbiri:
The price even makes it more ridiculous,the most annoying thing about alphabox is the conundrum of bricking while upgrading;Though we all know that ANY box stands a chance of bricking when the power is out during upgrade but that of alphabox is a perennial problem.Almost all ORIGINAL strong box would survive being fried if there's power outage in the process of upgrade but that of alphabox is damn slim!8/10 alphaboxes would get fried in such cases...alphabox is just an auto-roll-glorified piece of trash!Once again,no hating meant.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello folks!! are we all coming to the conclusion that every member should acquire these auto roll boxes?
Now, if the power -vu encryption is changed, will those boxes still be relevant? If not then why don't us rally behind the strong brand so we can force the manufacturer to listen to our complains.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Mr Man, stop leaving in the past. Alphabox is a modern powervu decoder while your strong is just a normal fta decoder.
You will pick strong over Alphabox while others will pick Alphabox over strong.
Reminds me of the argument of manual and auto cars.

I would rather have something "ancient" but efficient than "modern" but trashy.If i want an autoroll box,I'ld go for Gsky or just forget about it.I hope my arguement wouldn't make you mad that anyday i ask you of PV key you wouldn't give...lol!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
yawwilson:
Hello folks!! are we all coming to the conclusion that every member should acquire these auto roll boxes?
Now, if the power -vu encryption is changed, will those boxes still be relevant? If not then why don't us rally behind the strong brand so we can force the manufacturer to listen to our complains.
Your head they there!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
I would rather have something "ancient" but efficient than "modern" but trashy.If i want an autoroll box,I'ld go for Gsky or just forget about it.I hope my arguement wouldn't make you mad that anyday i ask you of PV key you wouldn't give...lol!
Looks funny. Ancient and efficient still needs the help of modern but trashy! cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mosescollon: 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
SayDeeJay:

Thanks.

Remember the beam of 3800 v 20000 is West heim beam, but Sport24 frequency on East is Grobal beam which is poor in Nigeria than West Heim beam. try to change / reposition LNB slowly.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 9:27am On Aug 30, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Can gsky do other fta apart from powervu like qsat & d current price?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.