Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5431228 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
preens:

Four satellites. See pics for details n setup steps. Hope it helps

Hello. Thanks for all the screen shots. I was trying to set the TV up today. I didn't get any signal strength. The TV is saying no signal. Any help?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lapremiere: 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
request for your free iptv 24hr test now....there are good sports channels on (low) which works great on 1mbps speeds

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sau4real(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hlo my guru in d house, I track sport 24 with 1.8 can I attach another lnb to track 7e(kwese) I base at sokoto birnin shehu

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lele4u(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
sau4real:
Hlo my guru in d house, I track sport 24 with 1.8 can I attach another lnb to track 7e(kwese) I base at sokoto birnin shehu
Not possible but try and see n confirm urself
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
lapremiere:
request for your free iptv 24hr test now....there are good sports channels on (low) which works great on 1mbps speeds
can it work with srt4669z box? grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by barak1: 8:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
Pls is there any channel to telecast efl cup
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 1:11am On Jan 11, 2017
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2017
Good morning everyone. Please, which TP has the highest signal on 7°E for tracking? I want to combine it with my 4.9ºE on the same LNB.

Waiting.

Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 10:47am On Jan 11, 2017
Olayinkaoj:
Good morning everyone. Please, which TP has the highest signal on 7°E for tracking? I want to combine it with my 4.9ºE on the same LNB.

Waiting.

Thanks
10721(H)30000 try and get 76 persent after that do blindscan both sat will pop up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 10:48am On Jan 11, 2017
Olayinkaoj:

Waiting.

Thanks
10928h 30000

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 11:38am On Jan 11, 2017
abohwun:
10928h 30000

Merci. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2017
arbourboateng:
10721(H)30000 try and get 76 persent after that do blindscan both sat will pop up.

Thanks so much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mitchely: 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hi, is channels TV FTA on any satellite?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 3:36pm On Jan 11, 2017
Mitchely:
yes google intelsat 904 from there you will know what to do next.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roogee: 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
If u want to watch copa del ray today den angel TV on multitv will be ur guest .... Still FTA for lyf
grin sad angry

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bokadious: 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
Good day Guys
Please I want to ask can I use HiTV decoder to track multi TV channels or any other free to air channels.
Thanks for your attention.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mitchely: 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2017
abohwun:
yes google intelsat 904 from there you will know what to do next.
OK, thanks. It appears to be beyond the reach of my 1.8m. What is a Nigerian news station doing on a satellite whose beam coverage on Nigeria is weak? Other nations can get it free, why we pay for it, I am not understanding ooo.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by preens: 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2017
1kinggy:

Hello. Thanks for all the screen shots. I was trying to set the TV up today. I didn't get any signal strength. The TV is saying no signal. Any help?
Hi bro. First of all is d dish and everything else set up correctly? Have u connected your dish to a regular decoder n gotten signals on d sat you're trying to track? If yes then u just have to go over d pics I sent step by step. Also, d decoder in d TV is a combo decoder. Plug in a terrestrial antenna, do an antenna auto scan n u will get gotv n startimes signals in addition to d analogue channels

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by certifiedgman: 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
i have 10,000 etisalat airtime for 7000naira, contact me on 08146751685 if interested
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2017
preens:

Hi bro. First of all is d dish and everything else set up correctly? Have u connected your dish to a regular decoder n gotten signals on d sat you're trying to track? If yes then u just have to go over d pics I sent step by step. Also, d decoder in d TV is a combo decoder. Plug in a terrestrial antenna, do an antenna auto scan n u will get gotv n startimes signals in addition to d analogue channels

Thanks.
I've tried connecting signal from my dst! Dish directly but no signal detected. I'd be trying with a qsat tomorrow.
If I'm right, the TV should detect signal once the coax cable is connected even if I'm not on locked on any bird.

I'd also do the terrestial scan.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:00am On Jan 12, 2017
Mitchely:

OK, thanks. It appears to be beyond the reach of my 1.8m. What is a Nigerian news station doing on a satellite whose beam coverage on Nigeria is weak? Other nations can get it free, why we pay for it, I am not understanding ooo.
Intelsat 904@60east..will be shut down soon....while Intelsat 33e to take over from 904..hope for better coverage on Intelsat 33e@59.5east!
http://www.flysat.com/is33e.php
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 10:21am On Jan 12, 2017
@all am sorry for posting on a wrong thread, I NEED HELP HERE:
(1) can i burn recovery file saved on flash drive on a CD, if yes should i make it bootable?, (2) i want to format my window 8 laptop, but what i want to do is that after formatting, then install the necesary drivers, then run window update to make sure that the window is fully updated before creating either recovery drive or window image, so that any time i have problem with my laptop i will just run the recovery disk created even i will loose programs installed its ok, but i dont want to loose my personal files, pls i want u to guide me on this....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 11:12am On Jan 12, 2017
preens:

I connected it to a working qsat decoder today, still no input was detected.
The decoder worked on other TV and also via hdmi port.
Terrestial antenna worked, got 49 DTV channels but couldn't open any. Also got some local analog stations.

Could the satellite module be bad?

Thanks for all the help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by beejay28: 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
graphicicon:
@all am sorry for posting on a wrong thread, I NEED HELP HERE:

(1) can i burn recovery file saved on
flash drive on a CD, if yes should i make it
bootable?,
(2) i want to format my window 8 laptop,
but what i want to do is that after
formatting, then install the necesary drivers,
then run window update to make sure that
the window is fully updated before creating
either recovery drive or window image, so
that any time i have problem with my laptop
i will just run the recovery disk created even
i will loose programs installed its ok, but i
dont want to loose my personal files, pls i
want u to guide me on this....

Yes, but it might not autorun, then mostly, when u make a recovery cd once, u might not be able to make another again, so u need to make up your mind which is safer and cheaper for u, for me i prefer cd to flash when it comes to recovery creation. Before u format, there is always a backup option in the process that u can follow, goodluck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
Oguguolouis:
PLS I NEED THE EASIEST WAY TO NAIL 9E . My 1METER DISH IS PRESENTLY @7E . HOW DO I TURN THE DISH AND POSITION OF LNB AND THE BEST TP. Thanks in advance

You are in d Right position . all you need to do is just
To adjust your dish a little bit with dis
9e-11938h27500 . you will get. DAT is if you are in d geographical reception of 9e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
New patch software for 4950h (ver. 4.13p) has been released. You can download from the usual place - crosat.us
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
It seems spr 24 East is down at the moment.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mitchely:

With ur 1.8M dish and a Cband lnb u can comfortably nail Channels TV on Eutelsat 8W.

Minimum dish size for channels on 8west is 1.5M and very stable unlike that at intelsat @60e

I posted pictures of it about a year ago
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mitchely: 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
odilibe:
Intelsat 904@60east..will be shut down soon....while Intelsat 33e to take over from 904..hope for better coverage on Intelsat 33e@59.5east!
http://www.flysat.com/is33e.php
OK, thanks for the info.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mitchely: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
life707:

With ur 1.8M dish and a Cband lnb u can comfortably nail Channels TV on Eutelsat 8W.

Minimum dish size for channels on 8west is 1.5M and very stable unlike that at intelsat @60e

I posted pictures of it about a year ago
OK, great. I will definitely hunt that bird. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 9:05am On Jan 13, 2017
A new Nigeria based television channel, NFTV has resumed transmission on Multi TV position on Astra 2f @ 28.2 degree East Ku band with frequency 11095 V 30000. If your dish is facing this position simply blindscan your receiver to access the channel.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 6:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ismy5000:

You are in d Right position . all you need to do is just
To adjust your dish a little bit with dis
9e-11938h27500 . you will get. DAT is if you are in d geographical reception of 9e.
thanks bro i will try it tomorow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.