Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5441492 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
mosescollon:
all channels are HD?
Yes they seem to be. Showing on my HD decoder but on my SD decoder only audio. But I think some of the programmes they are showing are not HD

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
jamesmac1:

Yes they seem to be. Showing on my HD decoder but on my SD decoder only audio. But I think some of the programmes they are showing are not HD
Are you trying to say u have powervu auto row decoder which is SD component,which decoder is that. Lol.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
arbourboateng:
Are you trying to say u have powervu auto row decoder which is SD component,which decoder is that. Lol.
No. Channels were free-to-air for some hours. I just checked now and they are scrambled again but showing on my Strong 4950H with autoroll.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2017
House goodday.I have this decoder that i use in watching sp24 by name 'UNIQUE SAT 1111HD'
but when upgrade was made of recent somebody sent me a software,i tried and tried but no
way.Pls house is there anyone with idea of the latest software for it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 6:56am On Dec 13, 2017
eerekake:
House goodday.I have this decoder that i use in watching sp24 by name 'UNIQUE SAT 1111HD'
but when upgrade was made of recent somebody sent me a software,i tried and tried but no
Pls somebody should come to my rescue.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 8:04am On Dec 13, 2017
eerekake:
Pls somebody should come to my rescue.

Try and consult the person you bought it from.Moreover,that STB doesn't seem popular,when next you are buying an STB,make sure you get the one with after sales support,that you can always get there softwares online via forum etc whenever there is an upgrade .Enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 9:12am On Dec 13, 2017
eerekake:
Monlo:

Try and consult the person you bought it from.Moreover,that STB doesn't seem popular,when next you are buying an STB,make sure you get the one with after sales support,that you can always get there softwares online via forum etc whenever there is an upgrade .Enjoy
Better still you can use Google and see if there is available new software for it,mind you always let Google be your friend in these situation.good luck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pope5(m): 10:42am On Dec 13, 2017
Good day, my AFN @ 9°E was red last night, all other channels on the sat was working fine. any1 watching it now?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
jamesmac1:
channels on 1° west now HD and FTA for now, 4175 R 27500
The provider has improved picture quality of the transmission across globe and introducing New HD decoders with new encryption system verimatrix! this will likely to replace the broken encryption system 0E00

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2017
pope5:
Good day, my AFN @ 9°E was red last night, all other channels on the sat was working fine. any1 watching it now?
rescan your decoder am sure there is a new tp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 12:37pm On Dec 13, 2017
odilibe:

The provider has improved picture quality of the transmission across globe and introducing New HD decoders with new encryption system verimatrix! this will likely to replace the broken encryption system 0E00
Yes Bro, I also notice they have add verimatrix encrypted system to already power vu,we will have to see what the future hold for us.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 100naira(m): 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
Any info on unique Sat?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pope5(m): 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2017
arbourboateng:
rescan your decoder am sure there is a new tp
i have done that, no show, are u watchn it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blackz(m): 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello House,
Pls i need recent upgrade of 3D Lazer 9950HD software that opens latest sp24. Where can i get it please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
pope5:
even the one on 0.8west went off. It seems they are gone since both direction are red
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2017
pope5:
i have done that, no show, are u watchn it
Watching afn @ 9'e here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
HAH:
even the one on 0.8west went off. It seems they are gone since both direction are red
Guys I think there is a reduction of their signal on 0.8w,those who has 2.4m should confirm for us if theirs are coming and with those who have 1.8m should go for 34.5 west its OK there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
arbourboateng:
Guys I think there is a reduction of their signal on 0.8w,those who has 2.4m should confirm for us if theirs are coming and with those who have 1.8m should go for 34.5 west its OK there.
even 9e signal is gone as reported by the guy I quoted initially, does it mean they reduced signal strength on both 9e and 0.08w ? But you may be right as this guy said he is currently watching 9e
Easy023:
Watching afn @ 9'e here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
HAH:
even 9e signal is gone as reported by the guy I quoted initially, does it mean they reduced signal strength on both 9e and 0.08w ? But you may be right as this guy said he is currently watching 9e
Nothing happen to afn signal @ 9'e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
Good day fellow "Primates" (anecdotes,no offense pls)
Seasonal greetings to you all..
To the more experience members of the forum;we would appreciate very much if you could drop your contact number(WhatsApp and email) when you post on important topics so we can do follow-ups.
Regarding the way we do detail discussion on non-FTA
topics compared with most advanced sat forum which even have sub forums with some privileges , the Service providers will continue to play "Tom and Jerry"with us.with us giving them enough information.
Brothers , don't let us assume we know all...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
arbourboateng:
Yes there is reduction in all direction that is transmitting AFN. They are migrating from SD to HD . Blindscan to get those AFN channels back to enjoy them all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
AFN @ 9e is working fine! with all channel carrying AFN/ before the channel usual name e.g AFN/Sport AFN/Pacific etc... and 7days EPG has been added.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by seyekan(m): 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
afn signal has been reduced fact I had to retweak on my 2.4 to even get 69%...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bularvz: 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
logonlaredo:
AFN @ 9e is working fine! with all channel carrying AFN/ before the channel usual name e.g AFN/Sport AFN/Pacific etc... and 7days EPG has been added.

What decoder and dish size are you using pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2017
Signal for AFN on 9°E have reduced though it seems they did some upgrade.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
yawwilson:
Good day fellow "Primates" (anecdotes,no offense pls)
Seasonal greetings to you all..
To the more experience members of the forum;we would appreciate very much if you could drop your contact number(WhatsApp and email) when you post on important topics so we can do follow-ups.
Regarding the way we do detail discussion on non-FTA
topics compared with most advanced sat forum which even have sub forums with some privileges , the Service providers will continue to play "Tom and Jerry"with us.with us giving them enough information.
Brothers , don't let us assume we know all...
Bro, what are you afraid of?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2017
I just blind scanned my 0.08w AFN and I got them back with more channels, viva fta

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Numbass: 8:08am On Dec 14, 2017
Hello, folks. I am an ardent but silent follower of this thread and i must say it has really enriched my knowledge.
I have a 1.3,1.8 and 2.4m dish which i dont want to dispose of but lease out to anyone who is interested.
Reason: I will be away for a couple of years.
The individual must be based in Kano. Period is for a minimum of three years. If interested, pls pm me. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Motti123(m): 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
Sony Picture Network India
Intelsat 20 68.5E
3900 H 22222

New Key

P 0000 00 5C32D5EB5BE4EF ; << Active
P 0000 01 2126860AC82205 ; << NEXT
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2017
bularvz:

What decoder and dish size are you using pls
qsat q28g and 90cm d***blue dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2017
odilibe:

oga i hail ooo!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
I read some articles way back then around April/May saying the new system will deploy a Simulcrypt Verimatrix conditional access system with the existing PowerVu conditional access system, enabling an economical path to the latest technology as it is deployed while not interrupting the currently working set-top boxes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) (1673) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.