Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,402 members, 7,853,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5479372 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eemjay17(m): 1:41am On Jul 07, 2018
Hello good people of this thread. PLS, I will to learn satellite installation and needed a place within Abuja or Kano.

Secondly, i ask am an installer to come help install this my new Dstv decoder at my apartment and a part of me was suspecting the guy played a fast one on me by changing the LNB that came with the decoder. I want to ask if this won't have any effect on the signal or picture quality of my decoder because despite the fact that i was already suspecting him during the set up, the signal refuse to came up on the new decoder until he change the LNB to another one again but the same LNB work well with a older decoder that we use to test the setup.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by NuraTeejay(m): 8:02am On Jul 07, 2018
decode:

MBC 3 is 80% Arabic language but he may get to watch kids's movies occassionally.

Where can I get this cable in?
go to where they sell computer accessories, you'll surely get it, but it depends on your location.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by stephozien: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2018
Hello House,
Please l sincerely need your candid advice on which satellite l can access global news channels like CNN, and others including local channels such as TVC news, etc. Sport channels however, not left out if possible but is not paramount.

Kindly note that l have 1.8m srt and 90cm old dstv dish. I'm based in south western part of the country.

Thank you in anticipation for your brotherly love and professional opinions on this subject matter.

Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2018
yawwilson:

Good day everyone!
Hello!!4955 budget receiver?... with updated software and new features? Will a budget receiver have a sharper tuner? Its the patches that usually cause problems for the receivers that's why they keep updating the patches .Remember, if 100 receivers come off the assembly line, one or two may be defective.
Yes it is and information I have suggests it more of an imitation, not the usual thing strong is known for
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
obyback:
How did you modify? cut the neck? pls explain. Thanks
Am sorry for not have replied you since but you can check this link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/665
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obyback: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
Dlee1:
Am sorry for not have replied you since but you can check this link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/665
Bless you bro. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donqx: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
davodyguy:

Yes it is and information I have suggests it more of an imitation, not the usual thing strong is known for

I have suggest several times...buy your strong 4955 b from jumia or konga from seller ctytek or ctygadgets on jumia or ctytechnologies or ctygadgets on konga.

I have patched so many of this I bought from them and they run smoothly.they seems to sell the original
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
donqx:

I have suggest several times...buy your strong 4955 b from jumia or konga from seller ctytek or ctygadgets on jumia or ctytechnologies or ctygadgets on konga.

I have patched so many of this I bought from them and they run smoothly.they seems to sell the original
You may be right, but from certain dealers in Alaba, they have franchise from Strong technologies and sell original.

My original 4922A was purchased from Sobis in 2014 and still waxing strong till date
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kunssat(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
I throw it open to d house the order time about d depature of our now LATE TSTV Signal on our atmosphere, but no response, Mind u, anoda depature don happen again, To those who have NIGBATI on ses 5 check, & let's find our way out, Yoruba lovers watch out.., waiting 4 response 4rm d house...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by stephozien: 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2018
[The house seems not to be interested in my enquires. Until now, response from anyone.
[color=#006600][/color]quote author=stephozien post=69160750]Hello House,
Please l sincerely need your candid advice on which satellite l can access global news channels like CNN, and others including local channels such as TVC news, etc. Sport channels however, not left out if possible but is not paramount.

Kindly note that l have 1.8m srt and 90cm old dstv dish. I'm based in south western part of the country.

Thank you in anticipation for your brotherly love and professional opinions on this subject matter.

Regards

[/quote]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 6:31am On Jul 08, 2018
stephozien:
Hello House,

Regards

Go to google. Type lyngsat CNN. All the SATs with CNN will be listed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kogistar2: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2018
guys who else tried it?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omaolowo(m): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
kunssat:
I throw it open to d house the order time about d depature of our now LATE TSTV Signal on our atmosphere, but no response, Mind u, anoda depature don happen again, To those who have NIGBATI on ses 5 check, & let's find our way out, Yoruba lovers watch out.., waiting 4 response 4rm d house...

The ongoing World Cup matches prevented my tuning in to watch my favourite channel NIGBATI all of yesterday
This morning, the channel is no longer showing! It is blank. Gone!
Please what happened?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omaolowo(m): 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
stephozien:
[The house seems not to be interested in my enquires. Until now, response from anyone.

Regards

On SES 5' E are the following English speaking news channels (among others) that are FTA

France 24 English 12016 H 29950 and 10887 V 30001
RT English channel broadcasting from Russia
TRT English broddcasting from Istanbul
African News
DW English 12035 V 27500
CGTN Document
NHK World from Japan

SES 5' E is located towards the South East.
It is the satellite hosting Star Times among others like Zuku Channels of Kenya. But these are fee paying bouquets that are being subscribed to.

Our concern here is FTA channels, of course

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 6:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
Any box opening SONY at the moment?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by stephozien: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
Thank you. Though, l would have appreciate if you can assist me with satellite for these channels with my type of dish sizes

Lunsat:

Go to google. Type lyngsat CNN. All the SATs with CNN will be listed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by stephozien: 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
Thank you very much. I really appreciate.
omaolowo:

On SES 5' E are the following English speaking news channels (among others) that are FTA

France 24 English 12016 H 29950 and 10887 V 30001
RT English channel broadcasting from Russia
TRT English broddcasting from Istanbul
African News
DW English 12035 V 27500
CGTN Document
NHK World from Japan

SES 5' E is located towards the South East.
It is the satellite hosting Star Times among others like Zuku Channels of Kenya. But these are fee paying bouquets that are being subscribed to.

Our concern here is FTA channels, of course
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
I was given an SRT 4950 by a friend who had abandoned it for a long time. The problem now is that it frequently trips off. And at times,when it is on,the signal always fluctuates.I gave it to an electronics repairer but he couldn't find the problem. Please masters in the house what can I do to get it back in good working order.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2018
Oladat:
I was given an SRT 4950 by a friend who had abandoned it for a long time. The problem now is that it frequently trips off. And at times,when it is on,the signal always fluctuates.I gave it to an electronics repairer but he couldn't find the problem. Please masters in the house what can I do to get it back in good working order.
Upgrade it with a new software.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2018
abohwun:
Upgrade it with a new software.
Thank you. I will try that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
stephozien:

Regards

If you have an autorall box get a cband lnb and track intelsat 20 to get CNN, BBC NEWS, SKY NEWS, RT NEWS, ALJAZEERA ETC. Use your 90cm to track 28.2e/26e with one lnb attach another lnb for nigcomsat to get TVC NEWS, NTA, CORE TV NEWS, BABY TV and lot more.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by stephozien: 1:52am On Jul 09, 2018
Bro's, thank you so much. You have made it easy for me. I now know what to do. God bless you.
abohwun:
If you have an autorall box get a cband lnb and track intelsat 20 to get CNN, BBC NEWS, SKY NEWS, RT NEWS, ALJAZEERA ETC. Use your 90cm to track 28.2e/26e with one lnb attach another lnb for nigcomsat to get TVC NEWS, NTA, CORE TV NEWS, BABY TV and lot more.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 09, 2018
4llerbuntu:
Why do I have the feeling we've seen the last of TSTV?
Hmnnn

Who are they pls?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oluelese(m): 6:35am On Jul 09, 2018
abohwun:
pls is viewsat 9900hd an auto roll box, can I track all this in porthacourt with my dstv dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:05am On Jul 09, 2018
Oluelese:
pls is viewsat 9900hd an auto roll box, can I track all this in porthacourt with my dstv dish
I have not use that box before but your dstv dish can give you 28.2e/26e with one lnb and another attach lnb for nigcomsat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 7:20am On Jul 09, 2018
good morning all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:08am On Jul 09, 2018
oyb:

Who are they pls?

don't be mean. they gave me free TV for 6 months grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SimpleTee: 9:25pm On Jul 09, 2018
4llerbuntu:

don't be mean. they gave me free TV for 6 months grin grin

I have been with them from as early as late September 2017 - just as they opened and released their tp settings! Mine is thus some 9 months of Free TV (October 2017 - June 2018)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dagok(f): 12:45am On Jul 10, 2018
MultiChoice Nigeria to increase DStv subscriptions effective 01 August 2018.
DStv Premium N14,700 to N15,800
DStv Compact Plus N9,900 to N10,650
DStv Compact N6,300 to N6,800
DStv Family N3,800 to N4,000
DStv Access N1,900 to N2000.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 10, 2018
abohwun:
If you have an autorall box get a cband lnb and track intelsat 20 to get CNN, BBC NEWS, SKY NEWS, RT NEWS, ALJAZEERA ETC.
This makes sense, but the providers may switch to another encription system soon. This is the footprint map for the landmass beam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.