Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5430808 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dammywapes(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2020
House pls how much is dstv two way lnb?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2020
dammywapes:
House pls how much is dstv two way lnb?
1,500 naira in my side .Abuja -Nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dammywapes(m): 9:54am On Oct 10, 2020
sunene1:
1,500 naira in my side .Abuja -Nigeria
Dstv own 2 way?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2020
linsk:
hi, All frequencies shows wel on my new decoda on 26/28E d decoda got damaged, i den put my old decoda wel and added all d former t.p's only MBC t.p shows green. wats could b d problem with d old decoder??

Do a blind scan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by linsk(m): 10:35am On Oct 10, 2020
adubam:

Do a blind scan
thanks, but i doubt if it'll do because the t.ps are red already, but de are right n okey cos de appear green wen on a different decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 10:39am On Oct 10, 2020
Alba3:

I have 28e(as primary), 32e and 42e set up on 90 cm dish but I've been finding it difficult to add 51e. Please, any suggestion or picture to guide me. Thanks.

This should help;

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 10:49am On Oct 10, 2020
linsk:
hi, All frequencies shows wel on my new decoda on 26/28E d decoda got damaged, i den put my old decoda wel and added all d former t.p's only MBC t.p shows green. wats could b d problem with d old decoder??

Are you using one LNB to get 26e and 28e ?

Or are you using two LNB to get the two satellite? If you are. Then try resetting your diseqc switch position of each sat, in the installation setting of your current decoder.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 11:57am On Oct 10, 2020
Digitizedman:

Or are you using two LNB to get the two satellite? If you are. Then try resetting your diseqc switch position of each sat, in the installation setting of your current decoder.

Good morning. It appears that there are bearable channels on 28 e which I didnt get when I tracked it, because most of the ones I saw were really bad with poor content. Yet many people here still rate it high. Please tell me what I am missing. Are there good channels on 28e that I missed?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Alba3: 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
Cheny:

This should help;
Thanks so much; this is what I've been looking for.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Alba3: 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2020
Digitizedman:

51e should be at the top of your 42e.

You can still try and experiment by changing your primary LNB to either 42e or 32e and see how other signals strength pops up.

I actually prefer 28e as primary. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2020
waleayeni1:

Good morning. It appears that there are bearable channels on 28 e which I didnt get when I tracked it, because most of the ones I saw were really bad with poor content. Yet many people here still rate it high. Please tell me what I am missing. Are there good channels on 28e that I missed?

That hype you keep hearing about 28e is mostly coming from people that love sports (Like Gtv Sports plus for example) Delete that out of the equation, the hidden channels there are still mostly Ghana based.

Gtv
Gbc news
Gl-tv
Gtv sports plus
Gtv life
Crystal prime
Crystal xtra
Crystal plus
TV Africa
TV3
Metro TV
Net2
Etv
Kfs
Top TV
Max TV and some more

However different strokes for different folks. So here is the frequency 12645 V 30000. Remember it only appears in multistream decoders

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by linsk(m): 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
Digitizedman:

thanks, i use one Lnb for both 26/28E with no diseqc switch, wen i put a different decorder d red t.p's on dat my decoder shows green so i guess notin is wrong wit d t.p's but wen its my decoder same t.p's r red only mbc's is green so mayb d fault is 4rom inside my decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 12:49pm On Oct 10, 2020
linsk:
thanks, i use one Lnb for both 26/28E with no diseqc switch, wen i put a different decorder d red t.p's on dat my decoder shows green so i guess notin is wrong wit d t.p's but wen its my decoder same t.p's r red only mbc's is green so mayb d fault is 4rom inside my decoder.

You may be right. But it doesn't hurt to do a blind scan as suggested. Always try and fulfill all righteousness before ruling out any suggestions given.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Awesometo: 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2020
Good day brothers, I run a viewing Centre, PLEASE I need someone to recommend for me an iptv enabled decoder with these few key specifications Auto roll, multi stream h. 265. Or any other price friendly decoder that I can use /add to my 2 Dstv decoders to reduce the cost of my subscription
The UEFA Champions league is coming soon and I can't afford to pay Dstv #18500 for collective account.

My biz is being badly affected because there are many betting shops around my area and they are showing all the matches for free. Please help! U can whatsapp me on 08066405331, God bless.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2020
Go for Tiger Decoder, Hello Box 8, or Gt media boxes. These are high price decoders.

For low budget go for the following:

Strong 497s
Viewsat 2020
Csat 8 pro +

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2020
Awesometo:
Good day brothers, I run a viewing Centre, PLEASE I need someone to recommend for me an iptv enabled decoder with these few key specifications Auto roll, multi stream h. 265. Or any other price friendly decoder that I can use /add to my 2 Dstv decoders to reduce the cost of my subscription
The UEFA Champions league is coming soon and I can't afford to pay Dstv #18500 for collective account.

My biz is being badly affected because there are many betting shops around my area and they are showing all the matches for free. Please help! U can whatsapp me on 08066405331, God bless.

Go for Tiger Decoder, Hello Box 8, or Gt media boxes. These are high price decoders.

Strong 497s
Viewsat 2020
Csat 8 pro +

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Deluxe8000(m): 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2020
Pls house can this 51e work with 60cm dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2020
Deluxe8000:
Pls house can this 51e work with 60cm dish?

Absolutely

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by quest4s: 9:32pm On Oct 10, 2020
Very well said.

Digitman:

I am going to make this simple for you. From a personal experience over the years. I have come to a resolve that buying a decoder that is embedded with premium =

African movie
Foreign movie
News
Music
And probably sports ( even if not live football)

That you pay little or nothing to watch, before you start thinking of adding other dishes or satellite position to watch other free to air station is the Way to go.

Because in do so.. You don't have to worry if the stations will someday go off or totally get bored of not actually getting anything premium or reasonable to watch, for yourself or family members. Whenever you turn your TV on.

As of today, only two decoders can actually give you that safety ( I stand to be corrected)

So which are they you may ask?

(1) Strong 497S

(price for decoder, around 20k or above) has a guaranteed embedded premium stations for African movie, foreign movie, news, news. That you pay not more than 2k5 to 3k yearly ( depending on where / platform you are using to subscribe from) . Which is achievable with just one dish. After that you can still decide if you wish to add an extra dish or 3 more dishes or LNB to get whatever free stations is out there. ( MEANING IT CAN STILL BE USED FOR FTA ) it's H.265 compatible and it multisteam.

(2) OURTV decoder

( company price 11900 naira but can not be more than 13k from outside source)
It also has a guaranteed embedded premium channels for African movie, foreign movie, cartoon, news, music, sports ( though not live). All receivable with one dish. After that you can still add three more dishes or LNB ( MEANING IT CAN STILL BE USED FOR FTA) However there is no software for now to make it multi stream but it's H.265 compatible .

However, there are still many decoders out there in the market that can be used to hunt for FTA stations but don't come embedded with premium station from factory.

TSTV decoder has their own channels as well and can still serve for FTA purposes but I am not confident enough to add it to the list yet. Judging from history.

So meditate on where your priorities lies, for in doing so, you will make a better choice on which decoder in the market suits your real needs.

One love

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jslimz(f): 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2020
Digitman:

I am going to make this simple for you. From a personal experience over the years. I have come to a resolve that buying a decoder that is embedded with premium =

African movie
Foreign movie
News
Music

That you pay little or nothing to watch, before you start thinking of adding other dishes or satellite position to watch other free to air station is the Way to go.

Because in do so.. You don't have to worry if the stations will someday go off or totally get bored of not actually getting anything premium or reasonable to watch, for yourself or family members. Whenever you turn your TV on.

As of today, only two decoders can actually give you that safety ( I stand to be corrected)

(1) Strong 497S

(price for decoder, around 20k or above) has a guaranteed embedded premium stations for African movie, foreign movie, news, news. That you pay not more than 2k5 to 3k yearly ( depending on where / platform you are using to subscribe from) . Which is achievable with just one dish. After that you can still decide if you wish to add an extra dish or 3 more dishes or LNB to get whatever free stations is out there. ( MEANING IT CAN STILL BE USED FOR FTA ) it's H.265 compatible and it multisteam.

(2) OURTV decoder

It also has a guaranteed embedded premium channels for African movie, foreign movie, cartoon, news, music, sports ( though not live). All receivable with one dish. After that you can still add three more dishes or LNB ( MEANING IT CAN STILL BE USED FOR FTA) However there is no software for now to make it multi stream but it's H.265 compatible .

However, there are still many decoders out there in the market that can be used to hunt for FTA stations but don't come embedded with premium station from factory.

TSTV decoder has their own channels as well and can still serve for FTA purposes but I am not confident enough to add it to the list yet. Judging from history.

So meditate on where your priorities lies, for in doing so, you will make a better choice on which decoder in the market suits your real needs.

One love

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 11:39pm On Oct 10, 2020
Digitizedman:

That hype you keep hearing about 28e is mostly coming from people that love sports (Like Gtv Sports plus for example) Delete that out of the equation, the hidden channels there are still mostly Ghana based.

Gtv
Gbc news
Gl-tv
Gtv sports plus
Gtv life
Crystal prime
Crystal xtra
Crystal plus
TV Africa
TV3
Metro TV
Net2
Etv
Kfs
Top TV
Max TV and some more

However different strokes for different folks. So here is the frequency 12645 V 30000. Remember it only appears in multistream decoders

I dint see any of these channels you listed o. Only Ghanaian stations I see
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ndakwoimran(m): 1:19am On Oct 11, 2020
linsk:
..... Hope the decoder is not mpeg 2, if so you may not get the other tps
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Awesometo: 6:48am On Oct 11, 2020
[quote author=adubam post=94803331]

Strong 497s
Viewsat 2020
Csat 8 pro +

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 7:50am On Oct 11, 2020
waleayeni1:

I dint see any of these channels you listed o. Only Ghanaian stations I see

Remember I stated at the last part that such is only possible in a multistream decoder.

So which decoder are you using to scan for the channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 7:58am On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

Remember I stated at the last part that such is only possible in a multistream decoder.

So which decoder are you using to scan for the channels?
GTmedia v9 super sattelite receiver
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ckc(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2020
Digitman:

African movie
Foreign movie
News
Music

(1) Strong 497S

(2) OURTV decoder

One love

What you wrote about sports channel(Our Sports) on Our TV not showing live matches is NOT true. I use it and they currently show LaLiga, Bundesliga, and Serie A matches live.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 10:46am On Oct 11, 2020
ckc:
What you wrote about sports channel(Our Sports) on Our TV not showing live matches is NOT true. I use it and they currently show LaLiga, Bundesliga, and Serie A matches live.
I've reviewed that decoder, they show One Bundesliga match and One laliga match per week. No serie A
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 10:50am On Oct 11, 2020
waleayeni1:

GTmedia v9 super sattelite receiver
That decoder doesn't multistream out of the box, at least the ones I've come across, it can be updated with flash drive though. But I haven't seen a multistream software patch for it either, I'd check
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2020
ckc:

You're very correct. But I was only threading carefully with my statement. You and I know why Dstv still stand supreme when it comes to live sport in this side of the continent. I have been around this group of individuals who always end up buying Dstv over startimes. Because their definition of live sports must start With English premiership, before all you listed.

All the same thanks for being the one pointing it out. Just like I said before, I was only threading carefully not to release an info that I don't know if the company Will stop doing that all of a sudden.

Once again I am happy for your input. Thanks and one love
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

That decoder doesn't multistream out of the box, at least the ones I've come across, it can be updated with flash drive though. But I haven't seen a multistream software patch for it either, I'd check

Bro please check and help him out. Thanks one love

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

I've reviewed that decoder, they show One Bundesliga match and One laliga match per week. No serie A

My reason for not being too quick to define the decoder as a live sport showing decoder.

Many people who are going the FTA path and are sports lovers. You have to be careful about what You advice them to go and buy to watch their favourite sports. Because their blood dey hurt oh. Lol

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 11:09am On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

My reason for not being too quick to define the decoder as a live sport showing decoder.

Many people who are going the FTA path and are sports lovers. You have to be careful about what You advice them to go and buy to watch their favourite sports. Because their blood dey hurt oh. Lol
Lol. Yeah I understand perfectly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.