Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5430284 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

I was about to ask this same question. Those channels work during the day and start skipping at night. I am using frequency 12518H29500 on nigcomsat. Any adjustments to make?

Also, I attached 51°east to my dish where I used to watch TSTV channels free. Now t jhat TSTV has blocked most of it's free channels leaving only 3., I want to buy their decoder. My question is do I have to track TSTV signal on the decoder again or there is no need for that since I already have it tracked on the dish.

Pls I need enlightenment on this. Thanks

JUST BUY AND PLUG IN THE CABLE THAT'S ALL, NO NEED TO DO A FRESH INSTALLATION EXCEPT IF THEIR IS AN ISSUE WITH THE DISH.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SuppoOmoo: 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
adubam:

JUST BUY AND PLUG IN THE CABLE THAT'S ALL, NO NEED TO DO A FRESH INSTALLATION EXCEPT IF THEIR IS AN ISSUE WITH THE DISH.

Thanks sir. But my concern is that what will become of free Channels I got from Nigcomsat? Because I use two LNB on a single dish ( Nigcomsat and TSTV), use a 3 way Disecq to join the two and connect directly to my Inbuilt Sattelite TV. With that connection, I have been enjoying free channels on Nigcomsat and TSTV untill the latter blocked its free channels

Now, will I still pick those free channels on Nigcomsat if I connect the cable to TSTV decoder?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

Thanks sir. But my concern is that what will become of free Channels I got from Nigcomsat? Because I use two LNB on a single dish ( Nigcomsat and TSTV), use a 3 way Disecq to join the two and connect directly to my Inbuilt Sattelite TV. With that connection, I have been enjoying free channels on Nigcomsat and TSTV untill the latter blocked its free channels

Now, will I still pick those free channels on Nigcomsat if I connect the cable to TSTV decoder?

If the decoder has diseqc like Strong MYTV decoders then you can still use it to watch all satellites if not then you will have to remove the TSTv from the diseqc and plug directly
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 7:46am On Apr 27, 2021
Leon2dgh:
yes those channels has return, but now on 17e

I am not getting them at 17e but other tp are very stable.Can you confim if you have signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 9:18am On Apr 27, 2021
kibukila:

I am not getting them at 17e but other tp are very stable.Can you confim if you have signal.
loud and clear
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Philipsayo2021: 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
Please my guys, are idman and CBC sport showing? They re not showing at all at my end here. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
graphicicon:
@George D, and other sat gurus in the house,
There is serious issue here:

Am having one issue like that, there is a particular location, it is only DSTV and mbc 26e you can receive from there, that location stops receiving satelite signal from September 2018, the location is not up to 200 square meters, anything outside that location, Satellite signal will be receivable, note that all satelite signal was receivable in that location before that date, what could be the problem, and how to solve it,
I noticed that any TP that is below 12 ghz cannot be received there.

@graphicicon,
Sorry I'm just seeing your post. I think you might need to check for wifi signals or microwave around that neighborhood.
It's most likely there's a telecoms mast close by or an ISP has mounted a microwave link within the vicinity.
Whichever it is, just move your dish some distance from the original installation spot.
Also, you can consider using WIMAX friendly lnbs like single solution C band lnb. It's a little expensive but worth it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 8:10am On Apr 28, 2021
Predator188:

loud and clear

Sure yesterday i got signal but unfortunately OUR TV is blank.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 9:07am On Apr 28, 2021
Philipsayo2021:
Please my guys, are idman and CBC sport showing? They re not showing at all at my end here. Thanks
showed champions league yesterday
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Louislouis: 10:08am On Apr 28, 2021
kibukila:

Sure yesterday i got signal but unfortunately OUR TV is blank.
whats the tp and is all their channels are there in 16e?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Awesometo: 3:43pm On Apr 28, 2021

Please bro can u help me with tp. thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bbally: 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
Predator188:

please, I have good signal and quality percentage on yayi tp on 45e but cbc and idman refuses to pop up.
what and what can I do to get this signal?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2021
Pls house where is betking tp and sat position, I don't know whether they have move out of abs3 3w
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by PeaceIlya: 6:13am On Apr 29, 2021
Lets start with you signing up on binance https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=L3OMPX7D or you can join the mentoring class https://chatDOTwhatsappDOTcom/JhKNd1fK5013hmEhgO1Exc

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dioss: 11:10am On Apr 29, 2021
please guys, can I use DSTV or SPACE satellite dish to get FTA channels with KAON TrendDigital Decoder?
It has an embedded conax.

Gurus in the house, I will appreciate your kind response.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bbally: 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
bbally:

please, I have good signal and quality percentage on yayi tp on 45e but cbc and idman refuses to pop up.
what and what can I do to get this signal?

please, any possible suggestions on how to get idman when yayi signal quality is 70% and above idman refuses to pop up
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2021
dioss:
please guys, can I use DSTV or SPACE satellite dish to get FTA channels with KAON TrendDigital Decoder?
It has an embedded conax.

Gurus in the house, I will appreciate your kind response.

You can use any dish ranging from 60cm, 90cm to 1metre and above
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2021
jiday4:

You can even use 30cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jslimz(f): 7:34am On Apr 30, 2021
Good morning guru's in the house, please help a sister, I'm a newbie. My setup lost signal after a windy and rainy night. But I just noticed one satellite is back up. Please what do I adjust outside, dish position or lnb? These are the satellites on my setup from my decoder: Badr 4/5/6, Hotbird, Turksat 42E, Ku_Azerspace 1/A.

Ku_Azerspace1/A has signal quality of 51% presently and the others are 0%.

You might wonder why I didn't call the installer, he said I'll have to pay him 6k if he comes without guarantee that I won't have issues. So with each visit, I'll have to pay 6k. Not in this economy. I better learn it myself.

Please help a sister. A pic of the setup is attached below. Thanks

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 8:21am On Apr 30, 2021
some of the channels are temporary fta now..
11100 V 166665
51.5east
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 8:42am On Apr 30, 2021
jslimz:
Good morning guru's in the house, please help a sister, I'm a newbie. My setup lost signal after a windy and rainy night. But I just noticed one satellite is back up. Please what do I adjust outside, dish position or lnb? These are the satellites on my setup from my decoder: Badr 4/5/6, Hotbird, Turksat 42E, Ku_Azerspace 1/A.

Ku_Azerspace1/A has signal quality of 51% presently and the others are 0%.

You might wonder why I didn't call the installer, he said I'll have to pay him 6k if he comes without guarantee that I won't have issues. So with each visit, I'll have to pay 6k. Not in this economy. I better learn it myself.

Please help a sister. A pic of the setup is attached below. Thanks
It doesn't require much if you have spanners and can actually use it. Just raise the dish a bit up
or down, left or right and you should be on track
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dioss: 9:05am On Apr 30, 2021
jiday4:

Thank you for the prompt response.

I forgot to state that the decoder was bought at CTL office with monthly subscription
until their eventual pack up.

Can it still work?

See picture below

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2021
dioss:

Thank you for the prompt response.

I forgot to state that the decoder was bought at CTL office with monthly subscription
until their eventual pack up.

Can it still work?

See picture below
This is a terrestrial receiver. It cannot work with dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dioss: 12:17pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ameboperoo:
This is a terrestrial receiver. It cannot work with dish.
Thanks a million for the info.
How then can I use it to get FTA channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jslimz(f): 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
dlollyboi:

It doesn't require much if you have spanners and can actually use it. Just raise the dish a bit up
I have spanners. I will give it a try. Thanks a lot
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
dlollyboi:

jslimz, emphasis on 'a bit' , and always know how far you go, if not you will surely spend the 6k.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
jslimz:

Please and please don't try it yourself. Satellite installations goes beyond having spanners.

You will end up messing up the whole installations.

Note that this is not a single installation. This is a multiple installations that has multiple setup and disecq.

What to do:

Call a "freelance" installer ( you must always find one) and pay him N2000 (No insult) and follow him bumper to bumper while he is during the installations and learn from him.

Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by god2baski(m): 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
jslimz:
It could also be the diseq switch since you say one of them is still on. just keeping the options open.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Louislouis: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2021
ourtv and extra cinema are missing in new our tv position in 16e .will the ever come back?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jslimz(f): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2021
adubam:

What to do:

Call a "freelance" installer ( you must always find one) and pay him N2000 (No insult) and follow him bumper to bumper while he is during the installations and learn from him.

Thank you.

Thanks. But I don't know any "freelance" installer. The 2k is quite ok fo me. I'm located in PH.

Spy360:

jslimz, emphasis on 'a bit' , and always know how far you go, if not you will surely spend the 6k.
I understand. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2021
Louislouis:
ourtv and extra cinema are missing in new our tv position in 16e .will the ever come back?
Whats the frequency on 16e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xmen149(m): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2021
all stations in idman direction has been down on my side,.is this general

(1) (2) (3) ... (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) (2233) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.