Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5445044 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2310) (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hello ....pls if you are in asaba Delta State, where can I get fta equipment to buy ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
Why does CRTV Sports on 16E scramble when is match about to kick off?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
Any way out gurus to watch watch world cup?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by AshipaEk0: 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Abeg who sabi how to extract login details for foreveriptv from decoder?

That yellow Mediastar2727 decoder

E dey waste.
I need to be able to use it away from home
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nko1: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
SegaWarrior:
Any way out gurus to watch watch world cup?

Fta are showing matches but coded. You need to check through 16e tvt togo , rtb, ortb , canal among others . Currently watching Belgium vs canada on tvt Togo

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by okikiosibodu(m): 10:04am On Nov 24, 2022
Good morning. Please can anyone guide me how to enabke subtitles on my mediastar mini2727?
I play some movies via flash on it that has subtitles but it sometimes doesn't display even when I try all the subtitle options on it. Watch same movies on my phone, my mxplayer detects it automatically..
Who can guide me to how to make any subtitile show it?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 11:18am On Nov 24, 2022
davodyguy:

Ita easy for DSTV to make select matches available because of lack of competition.

This is the most expensive WC and TV rights also went up, with DSTV acquiring all rights to the 64 matches.

Startimes doesn't have the right at all. Meaning in Nigeria, you're left to DSTV.

DSTV then moved all to premium package.

If Startimes of ₦3000 had rights, Gotv will show all the matches.

When you have no competition, you dictate what people watch

Your analysis is correct, but all 64 matches are on DStv Compact, not Premium. GOTV Supa is also showing all the games.

FTA just has rights for 28 of 64 matches.
Too bad Startimes didn't bid this year, cos normally worldcup rights aren't exclusive persey, but I think Startimes is going through financial difficulties

davodyguy:

Lol.

If there's competition, this will not happen.

Watch out for SLTV.

When they come on board, he go be for DSTV.

With ₦2500 a month, watch everything.

Before December 1st, they'll be on board

2500 a month is what they used to charge for single view back then in 2008, they later increased to 3500 and 5000 for single and dual view respectively that year..

I think their pricing would be higher, maybe 4500 or 5k a month, that's more realistic and the channel's won't be HD, SuperSport would most likely furnish them with ROA feed..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2022
SegaWarrior:
Because some, if not most of these FTA broadcasters just have the rights to transmit this matches TERRESTRIALLY ONLY. that is to say the signals to those games can only be assessed by antenna signal in the country that they broadcast from.
So when time forthe game to start beckons, the satellite feed is scrambled or taken off, leaving only the terrestrial feed.

Same thing with NTA broadcast of the world cup, only the terrestrial NTA is showing FTA games, the NTA on DStv and Startimes (Dish) don't. (NTA on Startimes antennas shows the worldcup)

It's all about tv rights and copy rights

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SANSAJAY: 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
SegaWarrior:
I watched when a CRTV Sports presenter read on air a strongly worded warning from the WC organisers NOT to air the games without any rights anymore. I am very sure 'Ds Thieves' reported them

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Hotnholy: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2022
Get yourself a dstvnow activated username and password and watch all football match on your devices;: smart phones, smart tv, laptop and android box.
Contact me on:

Talk2chibencollege@gmail.com

I can share you my login details. Terms and conditions apply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Tk4all(m): 10:13am On Nov 25, 2022
I see my boss spy360 viewing.

sir, is there a way i add another lnb to 16e position. i already install the dish and is watching channels like vision4,arewa24,boom,hijira,crtv etc

i want to know if i can add another lnb to get more to get another sat(any one)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 10:27am On Nov 25, 2022
Tk4all:
I see my boss spy360 viewing.

sir, is there a way i add another lnb to 16e position. i already install the dish and is watching channels like vision4,arewa24,boom,hijira,crtv etc

i want to know if i can add another lnb to get more to get another sat(any one)

You can add 28e to the set up especially if it is a 90cm dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Tk4all(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2022
Spy360:

Boss

Thanks for the quick response. Pls no vex say i de ask too many questions.

What channels are on that 28e?

Can you help with the frequency and position of my lnb? I be newbie for this thing boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
SLTV/Metro Digital is back after their court case against DSTV.

You'll need to get their official decoders, but you'll watch all the games and everything else you want by subscribing.

For those who want to enjoy the WC matches, consider any of the following:

CRTV (16e, watched the Cameroon game on it)
Startimes (NTA)
Gotv
DSTV
Canal Sports
IPTV
4meters dish upward
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayobamizz: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2022
How does one solve freezing and hanging of some channels on IKS servers satellite receivers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tivta(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2022
Hello all,what satellites currently stream all MBC channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Profchicky: 6:50am On Nov 26, 2022
How do I input biss key on Unique Sat 2090?
Like Qsat is 1512, strong is 8282.
Pls I need the code for Unique Sat and C-sat c8 pro.

Someone please help me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Trendy247: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please I need an installer in Calabar
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2022
tivta:
Hello all,what satellites currently stream all MBC channels?
Nig com still does same over the years
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tivta(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
davodyguy:

Nig com still does same over the years

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
I have hellobox smart s2 for sale!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Henroskyy: 10:22am On Nov 27, 2022
graphicicon:
If you have vinsat, dsat, sky box, and other chinese decoder, and you reside in Abuja area, you can bring your decoder so that I will change the control IC, so that it will accept software for sport 24

Where do you stay? Ur contact
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Henroskyy: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2022
graphicicon:
If you have vinsat, dsat, sky box, and other chinese decoder, and you reside in Abuja area, you can bring your decoder so that I will change the control IC, so that it will accept software for sport 24

Where do you stay? Ur contact
Spy360:

pls House can someone explain to me the meaning of 28e and rest
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Derek187: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2022
Henroskyy:

Where do you stay? Ur contact pls House can someone explain to me the meaning of 28e and rest
it means geographic location. 28 degrees East of the meridian. a simple rule, the direction of the rising sun in the morning. these satellites are tracked along such paths. that's why you hear of 7 degrees West or 7 degrees East etc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Derek187: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
tivta:

The fella below covered all these n more in his writeups. you can check his web link / address for more info. i'm currently trying my hands on connecting 4 dishes :45cm, 60cm & 2 90cm with disceq switch through my LG satellite TV to view FTA channels. My priority is global News, Documentaries, Music, Movies & maybe sports. just to maximise the TV cos it has embedded decoder.

https://www.lemmymorgan.com/eutelsat-7b-7oe-latest-fta-channels/
https://www.lemmymorgan.com/tstv-3w-mbc-7w/
https://www.lemmymorgan.com/latest-fta-channels-and-frequencies/
https://www.lemmymorgan.com/satellite-tv-channels-receivable-in-africa/

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tivta(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
Derek187:

The fella below covered all these n more in his writeups. you can check his web link / address for more info. i'm currently trying my hands on connecting 4 dishes :45cm, 60cm & 2 90cm with disceq switch through my LG satellite TV to view FTA channels. My priority is global News, Documentaries, Music, Movies & maybe sports. just to maximise the TV cos it has embedded decoder.

https://www.lemmymorgan.com/eutelsat-7b-7oe-latest-fta-channels/
https://www.lemmymorgan.com/tstv-3w-mbc-7w/
https://www.lemmymorgan.com/latest-fta-channels-and-frequencies/
https://www.lemmymorgan.com/satellite-tv-channels-receivable-in-africa/

Thanks alot, its really helpful.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
SlyCharlie:

My brother...
Sometimes we remember the good old days..
When FTA plus others reigned supreme
bro I still have A+ Gprs router any thing I can do for it now?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
davodyguy:
Lol.
If there's competition, this will not happen.
Watch out for SLTV.
When they come on board, he go be for DSTV.
With ₦2500 a month, watch everything.
Before December 1st, they'll be on board
on which position bro?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
ManirBK:
on which position bro?
51east
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
davodyguy:

51east
Good. already on that sat but don't know on which tp are they operating
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayobamizz: 7:13am On Nov 28, 2022
Pls I need latest software version for aster satellite receiver..who can help pls? The server is freezing on some channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2022
davodyguy:

51east
secured the channels on tp 11083v16669 but when is their decoder available to customers?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2310) (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)