Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,727 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5442968 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
odilibe: 3 coils of strong wire use a high conversion gain lnb....then try satellite in-line amplifier.....this should be connected at middle of the coaxial cable, between the lnb and the receiver ..it is likely to boost the (dB)signal quality of your satellite reception....Good luck. grin grin
Sir.how many line amp.will I use,b/c it has about 3joinings?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2013
calis2: Sir.how many line amp.will I use,b/c it has about 3joinings?
you are probably having loss of signal due to joining of cables and long cable runs..what you need is upto 3 satellite f cable jointing connector for connecting coaxial cables or run a cable without jointing this will reduce signal loss ....one in-line amplifier will do cheesy

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi1(m): 5:00am On Feb 25, 2013
AzerSpace 1 / Africasat-1A @ 46° East started test transmission.

http://www.flysat.com/azerspace1.php

Seeing as this bird covers Africa, hope it will bring us some FTA goodies.

olenyi:

Azerspace/Africasat-1a
Under a contract with The Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Orbital designed and built the Azerspace/Africasat-1a commercial communications satellite. Based on Orbital's flight-proven STAR-2 platform, the hybrid C- and Ku-band satellite generates approximately five kilowatts of payload power and carries 36 active transponders. Azerspace/Africasat-1a provides communications services to Azerbaijan, Central Asia, Europe and Africa from an orbital location at46 degrees East Longitude through an arrangement between the Ministry and Measat of Malaysia, which owns the rights to the orbital slot.
Orbital was also responsible for providing the satellite and ground system. Upon completion of in-orbit testing, operational control of the satellite will be handed over to the Ministry, which will continue to operate the spacecraft from its control center in Baku.
Performance:
C-band Repeater: 24 active transponders Ku-bandRepeater: 12 active transponders
Antennas: Two 2.5 x 2.7 m single shell super-elliptical deployable reflectors; one 1.4 x 1.4 m single shell super-elliptical deck-mounted antenna
Stabilization: 3-axis stabilized, zero momentum
Launch Mass: Approximately 3,250 kg (7,163 lb.)
Mission Life: 15 years
Coverage:
Azerbaijan, Central Asia, Europe and Africa
Customer:
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Mission:
C- and Ku-band Communications

@Bolded.

Still wondering what happened to nigcomsat. Did it fall out of the sky/orbit or was it all a publicity stunt with our money
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 5:44am On Feb 25, 2013
odilibe: you are probably having loss of signal due to joining of cables and long cable runs..what you need is upto 3 satellite f cable jointing connector for connecting coaxial cables or run a cable without jointing this will reduce signal loss ....one in-line amplifier will do cheesy
I will buy d f_connector 2day nd wil tel u my result.tnx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Heko: 7:07am On Feb 25, 2013
Heloo frnds, is there any one help me. pls
yesterday i nailed thish chanal TRENET. But idon't know which sat is. Is there any one know this chanal, which sat is

Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 8:04am On Feb 25, 2013
What is d frequency n symbol rate,d size of dish n position weather east or west?.give us real info so that we will help u.tnx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:06am On Feb 25, 2013
Heko: Heloo frnds, is there any one help me. pls
yesterday i nailed thish chanal TRENET. But idon't know which sat is. Is there any one know this chanal, which sat is

Thanks
u just nail intel sat 20 it is stil have unisa. mind set.telemedia ir is above mytv just alittle
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:21am On Feb 25, 2013
calis2: I will buy d f_connector 2day nd wil tel u my result.tnx.
@ callis there is no short way get ur self 3 numbers of line amplifire one @ each end of the roll coill join with f conector. iam 100% sure ur signal will be stable as 4rm the dish ODILIBE should no much about this may be he did not understand ur problem without the 3 amp u can not (i repeat) u can never have a stable signal each amp on each end of the coill wire good luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2013
Adex70: @ callis there is no short way get ur self 3 numbers of line amplifire one @ each end of the roll coill join with f conector. iam 100% sure ur signal will be stable as 4rm the dish ODILIBE should no much about this may be he did not understand ur problem without the 3 amp u can not (i repeat) u can never have a stable signal each amp on each end of the coill wire good luck.
thanks, i will buy 3 line amplifier,comfirm dat I will put them anywhere d wire is joint?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ochendo2012: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Adex70: u just nail intel sat 20 it is stil have unisa. mind set.telemedia ir is above mytv just alittle
Are you referring to Intelsat 17? This is the one just about Intelsat 20 (formerly called Intelsat 7/10)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
All brave men in d house.I must tell u dat u fellows are great..I hav suceeded in buying 1 line amplifier only,which i connectd 1stly at d 1st joint it comes up with 3tps which is not stable,I den remove it 4rm dat 1st place and add it to d 2nd joint and it comes up with 5stable tps and 4 unstable which normally goes off evry afternoon till morning..I still need ur help house.tnx 4 previous help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
fta gurus,who knows if optima sport @ amos 5 shows tuesday champions league?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 6:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
ayolacz: fta gurus,who knows if optima sport @ amos 5 shows tuesday champions league?
zuku package was on for 2hrs 2day bt off again,i tell u ,its program is far better than those Dthieves.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
roman001: zuku package was on for 2hrs 2day bt off again,i tell u ,its program is far better than those Dthieves.
wat do u mean by zuku package? As for elclassico tomorow,AIT promised to show d match live!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
managed to nail 4 birds with one dish here in zimbabwe, sirus@4.8 east, mgm@ 10 east, amos 5 @17 east and arabsat @ 20.5 east. used 1.8m prime focus dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 8:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
ayolacz: wat do u mean by zuku package? As for elclassico tomorow,AIT promised to show d match live!
ZUKU packages on ses5 platform.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
pedronaran62: managed to nail 4 birds with one dish here in zimbabwe, sirus@4.8 east, mgm@ 10 east, amos 5 @17 east and arabsat @ 20.5 east. used 1.8m prime focus dish

What did you nail on Arabsat?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pitodenz(m): 12:14am On Feb 26, 2013
Hello good people of nairaland
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 26, 2013
Hello pito. Good morning. Good to see you again.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 26, 2013
nzeval: @ Twinsoris , how can i use my 2.4 pan to track nilesat ,i do that last yr but i only manage to get ajsc +1,+2,+9,10 .thats all i get pls what can i do . My lnbf fuji stargold hd .
hello my brother. Send me PM of your number so that we can talk. My jsc +2-+8 is dancing at 66% today on 3m. If your 2.4 is on a good state, I can help you to get those channels. I am happy to be privileged to learn few things on tracking and improving the signal strength of fringe sat expecially nilebird.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 26, 2013
Hello all satmate. congratulation George_D for sticking to this forum. I remember visiting this forum at 2010 to read a lot on sat before I joined at 2011. He has always being here to help so many. His work ethics is just special. Big thanks bro for so much you have giving us here. You are always here at all time even when things are not going well. Its like KUNGU when he was at rdi. In all your presence is a motivation for me to keep riding here. I hope you have more ability to keep moving. Thanks so much bro. You remain the best.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nzeval(m): 2:55am On Feb 26, 2013
Am 4rm Anambra state , wit my 2.4 pan jsc+1,2,9,10 is givin me 72% wit fuji lnbf .but i need to get more channels ,if any help cal dis num 08027468913
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 5:08am On Feb 26, 2013
nzeval: Am 4rm Anambra state , wit my 2.4 pan jsc+1,2,9,10 is givin me 72% wit fuji lnbf .but i need to get more channels ,if any help cal dis num 08027468913
Go for 3.2 to 4m dish u will hav a gud result.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 5:52am On Feb 26, 2013
on arabsat 20.5 east watching al jazeera channels, qatar tv saudi sports 4054 l 27500 3934l 27500

on arabsat 20 east irib channels unable to hit green on quality , strenght 70% no quality , all other channels ok please assist. using 1.8m prime focus dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 5:59am On Feb 26, 2013
Hello Nairalanders pls Eutelsat 17 is showing red. Can someone help me to confirm wether it is a general problem. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 6:24am On Feb 26, 2013
pedronaran62: on arabsat 20.5 east watching al jazeera channels, qatar tv saudi sports 4054 l 27500 3934l 27500
difficulty uploading pictures anyone interested e mail me on pedronaran62@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:08am On Feb 26, 2013
roman001: zuku package was on for 2hrs 2day bt off again,i tell u ,its program is far better than those Dthieves.
I also made the same conclusion that Zuku is far much better than DsThieves. Their movies are excellent. Only the sports side needs improvement.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:47am On Feb 26, 2013
calis2: All brave men in d house.I must tell u dat u fellows are great..I hav suceeded in buying 1 line amplifier only,which i connectd 1stly at d 1st joint it comes up with 3tps which is not stable,I den remove it 4rm dat 1st place and add it to d 2nd joint and it comes up with 5stable tps and 4 unstable which normally goes off evry afternoon till morning..I still need ur help house.tnx 4 previous help.
*How did u join the cables? did you use the f jointing connector...you are loosing signals from joining cables
*look for a higher gain in-line amplifier than the one you have...try 30dB gain in-line amplifier,to compensate for over 100metre of cable ...if available
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2013
pedronaran62: difficulty uploading pictures anyone interested e mail me on pedronaran62@gmail.com

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 9:15am On Feb 26, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62][/quote] more pictures

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2013
@all.
who knows about "philips-digital terestrial reciever" should pls enlighten me about it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
auchs: Hello all satmate. congratulation George_D for sticking to this forum. I remember visiting this forum at 2010 to read a lot on sat before I joined at 2011. He has always being here to help so many. His work ethics is just special. Big thanks bro for so much you have giving us here. You are always here at all time even when things are not going well. Its like KUNGU when he was at rdi. In all your presence is a motivation for me to keep riding here. I hope you have more ability to keep moving. Thanks so much bro. You remain the best.

I'm so much humbled by your kind words of appreciation. In life as in FTA, it is our passion that ultimately drives us forward in
pursuit of a particular cause. Rest assured, the fire for FTA still burns stronger in my veins now more than ever before and God
willing I'll be around for much longer so that together we can continue pushing the frontiers for freedom. The freedom to search for
signals in uncharted regions. The freedom to watch once out-of-reach stations from the comfort of our rooms. The freedom from fear
of exorbitant fees from PAYTV companies bent on milking us to the bones. The freedom to be free!

Even though a huge lot of our old members seem to have fallen by the way side, we that remain will not be deterred. We will
welcome them with open arms (whenever they find it necessary to pop in) but we will remain resolute in our chosen path. We will
not waver and that is a promise! VIVA FTA!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.