Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,462 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5442690 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 9:31am On Aug 26, 2013
@all kindly help me wit deeper life frequency and sat . Thanking u all for the good work.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2013
pboy2buzy:

Firstly....I v tried my decoder in my friends place,it worked perfectly well jst(pickin all sat on board)

Secondly I have no disecq on my system(I removed it as a result of d current experiment)

I have two lnbs,One dual and one single(both gives same result

Don't knw if d nature of my dish(mesh) contributes to this.

There is no space for tweaking the KU LNB as long as the Cband LNB is in that position. Try removing the Cband LNB and then rotate the KU LNB to see if you can locate the point of highest signal for 36E that way. Once found do blind scan to see if missing TPs will pop up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2013
abdulo4real: what size of dish can i use to track it.

You'll require a BUD (Big Ugly Dish) to track that sat. At least 2.4m for satisfactory reception. The fella who was all hung on watching TV3 should take note but make sure he uses an mpeg 4 dvb-s2 stb for it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hbhatti: 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
swordswifter:

@hbhatti

*What were the events that lead up to the receiver not working and the lights blinking?

*Was there/Do you have any power issues? Generator or mains around the time issue happened.

*Has the receiver been opened prior to it not working? If yes, what was done?

*Was there any software updates uploaded onto the receiver a day or two prior to it not working?

Answer these questions and i'd get back to you with a possible solution to your problem.

BR
Swordswifter

@Swordswifter
Thanks for your reply. I am sure that none of these events happened. It was working alright just before. Turned off for a while (may be 2-3 hours) and then turned on back again and there was no sign of working, only blue light was flashing, thats it. I opened afterwards and there is no visible signs of any capacitor leakage/any burn out signs etc. Never had any problem before. Was working perfectly alright. May be powersupply board may have something wrong.

Regards
hbhatti
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
pedronaran62: hi am living in zimbabwe, amos c band channels

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 1:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62][/quote]

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 1:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62][/quote] 2 satellites on one lnb 4.8east and 7 east vox africa, mbc,tv zimbo, etc

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
@UPRIGHT20I0,
TRACK DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHANNEL ON AMOS 5 WITH 3790 R 2985. CHEERS!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Toluwalopemi30: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hello guru in d House, kindly help me
with MFM frequency 4 Live Programme.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
DEEPER LIFE KU BAND SIGNAL
SAT : INTELSAT 17KU @ 66E
11050 H 3214

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olupeace12: 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
mfm live 10982v03332: 37west
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
MFM is on intelsat 20ku @ 68e
Track with 12722 v 26657
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sophieamore1: @UPRIGHT20I0,
TRACK DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHANNEL ON AMOS 5 WITH 3790 R 2985. CHEERS!!!
thanks so much 4 helping me out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
Akinige: Hellooo м¥ honourable gurus in †ђ3
House may God increase ¥øûЯ
Knowledge n wisdom
Plz I wanted †ø
Nail arabsat iribs package wit 1.8m dish
But I want †ø know may be I can still attach any other sat
Regard

You can get Irib on 1.8m with these additional sat Astra 2f for multi tv,36E on DSTv and Amos5/Eutelsat 16e @16E/17E.Make Multitv primary on your prime focus antenna.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
GUYS AM RILI GOING CRAZY HERE..AV BEEN ON TOP LADDER SINCE 12PM TRYING TO TRACK IRIB.. I get all other channels at arabsat bt irib has refused to pop out..it will just flash green and turn red again.. And d way the dish is, i cnt be twisting d lnb wen its at arabsat position..i have to turn it to intelsat 20 position for me to be able to twist it.. Am rili going crazy...cos i have to move my dish to intelsat20, twist it, then move it up to arabsat to check if d signal will be green..but it has refused to hit green... So please guys how exactly should d lnb face? And do i push the lnb all out or do i push it in... Cos i cn see some some caliberations on d.. lnb.. Pls guys help me out..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Guys what is the minimum dish to track irib tv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
@UPRIGHT2010,
YOU ARE WELCOME MY BROTHER.GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
How often do we carry out maintenance on our receiver?I guess not everybody love doing that.once in a while always open your box and cultivate the habit of dusting the box.it could safe you money to buy another box.after 3 yrs in use my box started misbehaving,signal keeping failing on the tuner .I tried to re aligned my dish same problem,I changed the cable still no positive result.Iater changed to another receiver lying fallow in my bedroom,the signal was ok I unplugged and replugged my faulty box ,same problem.I took a bold faith to see what the problem was,after opening the box I saw heap of dust and some spider webs inside the receiver.I took my time,clean it and recoupled back .in no time after booting the signal pop up.and I have bEen enjoying my receiver now 3yrs still counting.let us always cultivate that habit of carrying out maintenance .remember if you are not good at handling electronics don't bother to do it.
Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
am getting pissed up here. i have two decoders strong 4663 and 4940. i jst realised that i can't access irib varzesh as it is mpeg4 and biss encripted. any tip for me pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
watching premier league from canal+ Sports HD/cyfra+...11278V27500 @ hotbird cool cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
My enemies are at it again ooooo.......after misplacing my diaelectric plate,I went to improvise as instructed in d forum (cuttin an "alumaco" glass to shape)....afta fixing it,I got all d rest channels except IRIB....I don't knw y it fail to pop up...here are the photos
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
My enemies are at it again ooooo.......after misplacing my diaelectric plate,I went to improvise as instructed in d forum (cuttin an "alumaco" glass to shape)....afta fixing it,I got all d rest channels(at 90% except IRIB....I don't knw y it fail to pop up...here are the photos

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mayamiko(m): 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
is it pssible to track mult tv channels in malawi?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
pboy2buzy: My enemies are at it again ooooo.......after misplacing my diaelectric plate,I went to improvise as instructed in d forum (cuttin an "alumaco" glass to shape)....afta fixing it,I got all d rest channels(at 90% except IRIB....I don't knw y it fail to pop up...here are the photos

Whoever cut that ur scalar ring for affix the KU did a bad job by cutting it tooooo big. And now, u need selotape to hold it in place.

As for the irib, am beginning to wonder why its behaving as it is doing. U are not the first to complain about this same thing here.

But try this,

Change the glass ''dielectric'' to horizontal from the present vertical position that it is now. And also change the polarity in ur receiver also. Lets see if this will solve the problem.

Also try rotating the lnb; first a little clockwise, then a little anti clockwise.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
odilibe: watching premier league from canal+ Sports HD/cyfra+...11278V27500 @ hotbird cool cool
Is it fta?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
new no feed horn ku band from strong technology

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
olenyi:

Whoever cut that ur scalar ring for affix the KU did a bad job by cutting it tooooo big. And now, u need selotape to hold it in place.

As for the irib, am beginning to wonder why its behaving as it is doing. U are not the first to complain about this same thing here.

But try this,

Change the glass ''dielectric'' to horizontal from the present vertical position that it is now. And also change the polarity in ur receiver also. Lets see if this will solve the problem.

Also try rotating the lnb; first a little clockwise, then a little anti clockwise.

I changed d dielectric to horinzoltal d tpz went blank,so I had to return it to d vertical......what cud b d cause of dis.....please help
Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Oladat:
Is it fta?
$$$$$ undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
olenyi:

But try this,

Regards.

I changed d dielectric to horinzoltal d tpz went blank,so I had to return it to d vertical,and d signal remained as shown below with IRIB not popin up......what cud b d cause of dis.....please help

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 10:52pm On Aug 26, 2013

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by CJO100(m): 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
B
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 12:23am On Aug 27, 2013
naijaobi: GUYS AM RILI GOING CRAZY HERE..AV BEEN ON TOP LADDER SINCE 12PM TRYING TO TRACK IRIB.. I get all other channels at arabsat bt irib has refused to pop out..it will just flash green and turn red again.. And d way the dish is, i cnt be twisting d lnb wen its at arabsat position..i have to turn it to intelsat 20 position for me to be able to twist it.. Am rili going crazy...cos i have to move my dish to intelsat20, twist it, then move it up to arabsat to check if d signal will be green..but it has refused to hit green... So please guys how exactly should d lnb face? And do i push the lnb all out or do i push it in... Cos i cn see some some caliberations on d.. lnb.. Pls guys help me out..

guys please reply me nah... No one seems to b interested in dis my case...

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.