Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5443444 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 9:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
@ All those having problem with 69XII regarding Irib channels reception, let's not rush. It seems there is a technical problem with Irib signal transmission @ some areas in West Africa. I'm saying this because, I used 69XII to track Irib(3964V30000) within 5minutes way back in January. I've taught friends how to track Irib with 1m & 1.2m dish way back in February and they all succeeded in getting high %quality by using 69XII. So now that Irib is refusing to turn green on this same 69XII, for me is a problem beyond installer control. I'll also urge our friends here to stop behaving as if we don't know the use of dielectic plate. Some people respond to our questions as if we are new to C-Band installation. For those who have stable Irib signal, I say good luck while those of us having problem with Irib, let's be patient. It is baffling that all Arabsat 20E channels show on 69XII except Irib tv3 & Varzesh which remains RED. Even if I connect 4922A to that same dish, all channels including Irib tv3 & Varzesh pop up green. The problem is not about increasing the signal of 4056H27500 to %97 or not inserting the dielectric plate well. Actually, Tp for Jsc sports according to flysat & lyngsat is 4054H27500 so let's take note of that. Once you have 92% for JSC sports on 69XII, the 3964V30000 should automatically turn green. So 3964v30000 is still red like mine, I mantain the problem is not from your dish or not using whatever frequency. I have downgraded my 69XII from 312 to 302 still no solution. Lest I forget the 3.12p upgrade brings the option sub-menu. But I just downgraded to 3.02p as a trial and error way of finding solution to this Irib problem on 69XII. Let us also not forget that the dielectric becomes useful when the channel you want to track, has a polarization of R/L. It appears this Irib problem is making people profer solutions which exist in their own imagination.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
GH-ONE:
@ All those having problem with 69XII regarding Irib channels reception, let's not rush. It seems there is a technical problem with Irib signal transmission @ some areas in West Africa. I'm saying this because, I used 69XII to track Irib(3964V30000) within 5minutes way back in January. I've taught friends how to track Irib with 1m & 1.2m dish way back in February and they all succeeded in getting high %quality by using 69XII. So now that Irib is refusing to turn green on this 69XII, for me is a problem beyond installer control. I'll also urge our friends here to stop behaving as if we don't know the use of dielectic plate. Some people respond to our questions as if we are new to C-Band installation. For those who have stable Irib signal, I say good luck while those of us having problem with Irib, let's be patient. It is baffling that all Arabsat 20E channels show on 69XII except Irib tv3 & Varzesh which remains RED. Even if I connect 4922A to that same dish, all channels pop green. The problem is not about increasing the signal of 4056H27500 or not inserting the dielectric plate well. Even the actual Tp for Jsc sports according to flysat & lyngsat is 4054H27500. So once you have 92% for JSC sports on 69XII, the 3964V30000 should automatically turn green. So if it is still red like mine, I mantain the problem is not from your dish or whatever. I have downgraded my 69XII from 312 to 302 still no solution. Lest I forget the 3.12p upgrade brings the option sub-menu. But I just downgraded to 3.02p as a trial and error way of finding solution to this Irib problem on 69XII. Let us also not forget that the dielectric comes into play when the polarization of a channes is R/L. It appears this Irib is making people profer solutions which exist in their own imagination.
@abymoore what do have 2 say about this
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
This is very unfair! Why do you redirect my submission to abymoore? Note!!! Due to geographical differences, we may not be equally affected by this Irib issue. So do what you think can help you in your area. Don't create a scenario as if I'm picking on Abymoore. I've posted my arguable submission so you can also bring yours and together we share ideas. This is a forum,hence, we may always agree to disagree.
Ball22: @abymoore what do have 2 say about this

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Why2k(m): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2013
Guys, is multi tv not functioning?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by staddos: 6:38am On Sep 03, 2013
Why2k: Guys, is multi tv not functioning?

Multi tv is functioning live and clear here at my end

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 6:54am On Sep 03, 2013
@GH-ONE,
WHY DID YOU ASK FOR SOLUTIONS FOR THE IRIB CHANNELS WHEN YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS OR YOU DONT NEED ANSWERS, WELL RESPECTED GURUS TOLD YOU THAT IT SHOULD BE THE DIELECTRIC PLATE THAT HAS PROBLEM OR IT HAS SIGNAL PROBLEM, BUT STILL YOU SAID THE PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THESE THINGS AND YET YOU HAVNT SOLVED THE PROBLEM YET. IF YOU FEEL YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT SATELLITES THAN THE GURUS HERE WHO HAVE BEEN POSTING FOR YEARS, THEN DONT ASK QUESTIONS HERE, SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS YOURSELF. YOU ARE JUST A NEWBIE AND YOU FEEL YOU KNOW MORE THAN YOUR MASTERS, A LOT OF NEWBIES HERE DONT KNOW WHAT IT TAKES FOR GURUS TO POST HERE AND BE INSULTED FOR IT. I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE INSULTING GURUS HERE UNTILL THEY LEFT THAT WAS WHEN I REALIZED MY MISTAKES.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 7:03am On Sep 03, 2013
Pls house my dstv fta stations are all red...pls can anyone comfirm dis..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ezo4fta(m): 7:04am On Sep 03, 2013
Why2k: Guys, is multi tv not functioning?
multi tv is loud nd clear at my end.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2013
Sophieamore1: ........YOU ARE JUST A NEWBIE AND YOU FEEL YOU KNOW MORE THAN YOUR MASTERS, A LOT OF NEWBIES HERE DONT KNOW WHAT IT TAKES FOR GURUS TO POST HERE AND BE INSULTED FOR IT. I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE INSULTING GURUS HERE UNTILL THEY LEFT THAT WAS WHEN I REALIZED MY MISTAKES.
Thank you so much... grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2013
Sophieamore1: @GH-ONE,
MOST MODERN HD DECODERS E.G 4922 HD ETC HAVE A SIGNAL BOOST OF 8% HIGHER THAN THE NORMAL 4669X, 4669XII ETC, SO IF YOU GET A SIGNAL OF 70% WITH YOUR 4922 HD, IT WILL BE 62% ON YOUR 4669XII, BUT IT IS USUALLY BETTER TO TRACK WITH 4922 BECAUSE IT HAS A VERY SENSITIVE TUNER UNLIKE 4669XII, SO TRY AND TRACK WITH THE 4922 TO GET UP TO 70% ON IRIB THEN REMOVE THE CABLE AND PUT IT IN THE 4669XII, IT WILL THEN BE 62% ON THE 4669XII WHICH WILL BRING OUT THE PICTURES. THANKS!
I agree with you on 4922 having a high sensitive turner but signal boost of 8% over 4669 series convince us more. i can vividly remember at the introduction of 4922 it recorded low signal. i personally wrote to strong technologies about it and posted a signal boost opon the introduction of one of the s/w updates. i am now using s/w 1.31 and cannot percieve signal supremacy of 4922 over 4669 series. please give us the secrete so that we all can enjoy the waves of FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:24am On Sep 03, 2013
Going through the whole post the meaningful post is discussion on c band with irib issue.we shouldn't discourage ourselves by saying a negative things about anybody's findings rather we should encourage ourselves till we arrive at the final conclusion on tracking irib with c band.what ever we post here is just a reflection of who we are irrespective of the geographical location we find ourselves.we are ambassador and we are representing our countries.this is internet based research center where everybody post for the benefit of satellite hobbies like us.pls let us encourage ourselves ,nobody is all in all.if we give newbies the chance to grow he may later feed us with latest technologies .let us encourage and discuss things that will be of benefit to all and sundry.no issues like my receiver signal is off.few months back a friend he shown to us how to increase our storage memomry and how to build internal memory in other to record using our pvr decoder this is the type of questions we should embrace.the number of post per day should nt count but the question is are those post really educative and informative enough.pls let us make it a standard thread/post.
Shalom
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abymoore(m): 9:42am On Sep 03, 2013
@GH-ONE
Bros plz no1 says you dont know what you are doing. I only wanted and taught i could help out..... If u check the previous page you will see that i have ma problem too and who has answered me till now? Noone! I may want to agree with you that its a geographical issuse reason, my friend in abuja is still recieving nilesat with Jscs and Mbcs complete with 1metre when here even with 1.8m i dont get any Mbcs or Jscs buh other irrelevant channel pops up like aljazeera english, arriydia etc. And for ur 312p software, if u read my reply to you well, you would understand that i told you not to downgrade it to 302p esp if ur own 312p stil has that option submenu, because when i was using 312p software, my Irib was still green and the current 312p dont cum with that option submenu again so its not a software issue, and like i said b4 irib shouldnt be a hard nut to crack, in 2 to 3mins one should hit green on irib Goodmrng all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 9:59am On Sep 03, 2013
My brother I appreciated the response you gave. So please never be offended. Incase you take exception to my post, I apologise unreservedly.
abymoore: @GH-ONE
Bros plz no1 says you dont know what you are doing. I only wanted and taught i could help out..... If u check the previous page you will see that i have ma problem too and who has answered me till now? Noone! I may want to agree with you that its a geographical issuse reason, my friend in abuja is still recieving nilesat with Jscs and Mbcs complete with 1metre when here even with 1.8m i dont get any Mbcs or Jscs buh other irrelevant channel pops up like aljazeera english, arriydia etc. And for ur 312p software, if u read my reply to you well, you would understand that i told you not to downgrade it to 302p esp if ur own 312p stil has that option submenu, because when i was using 312p software, my Irib was still green and the current 312p dont cum with that option submenu again so its not a software issue, and like i said b4 irib shouldnt be a hard nut to crack, in 2 to 3mins one should hit green on irib Goodmrng all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 10:11am On Sep 03, 2013
What do you mean by that? Have I asked you any question? The refusal of Irib to pop green on 69XII is not about we not doing the right thing. I've tracked this Irib with 69XII several times before. Even as I write, I'm watching all Irib channels with 4922A @82%. So if I say the problem is not about installation you can argue but don't write provocative things to me. In the time past, you insulted about 5 Gurus unprovoked! You wrote uncomplementary & derogatory remarks about them. If you have realized your mistakes like the prodigal son, let it be. Pls don't drag me into an arena of mudsliging and character assassination. Was there any insult in my earlier post? Please I respect myself! NOTE: you are not the final editor of NAIRALAND FORUM.
WHY DID YOU ASK FOR SOLUTIONS FOR THE IRIB CHANNELS WHEN YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS OR YOU DONT NEED ANSWERS, WELL RESPECTED GURUS TOLD YOU THAT IT SHOULD BE THE DIELECTRIC PLATE THAT HAS PROBLEM OR IT HAS SIGNAL PROBLEM, BUT STILL YOU SAID THE PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THESE THINGS AND YET YOU HAVNT SOLVED THE PROBLEM YET. IF YOU FEEL YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT SATELLITES THAN THE GURUS HERE WHO HAVE BEEN POSTING FOR YEARS, THEN DONT ASK QUESTIONS HERE, SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS YOURSELF. YOU ARE JUST A NEWBIE AND YOU FEEL YOU KNOW MORE THAN YOUR MASTERS, A LOT OF NEWBIES HERE DONT KNOW WHAT IT TAKES FOR GURUS TO POST HERE AND BE INSULTED FOR IT. I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE INSULTING GURUS HERE UNTILL THEY LEFT THAT WAS WHEN I REALIZED MY MISTAKES.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 10:21am On Sep 03, 2013
Yes I know that. But this is not why Irib refuse to pop green on 69XII. Thanks
MOST MODERN HD DECODERS E.G 4922 HD ETC HAVE A SIGNAL BOOST OF 8% HIGHER THAN THE NORMAL 4669X, 4669XII ETC, SO IF YOU GET A SIGNAL OF 70% WITH YOUR 4922 HD, IT WILL BE 62% ON YOUR 4669XII, BUT IT IS USUALLY BETTER TO TRACK WITH 4922 BECAUSE IT HAS A VERY SENSITIVE TUNER UNLIKE 4669XII, SO TRY AND TRACK WITH THE 4922 TO GET UP TO 70% ON IRIB THEN REMOVE THE CABLE AND PUT IT IN THE 4669XII, IT WILL THEN BE 62% ON THE 4669XII WHICH WILL BRING OUT THE PICTURES. THANKS!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisan20: 11:25am On Sep 03, 2013
some1 should educate d house on how we can browse with 4922 using hauwei 3G moderm with 131 software....hav tried using ZTE moderm,it refuse 2 connect
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arelukman: 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
bisan20: some1 should educate d house on how we can browse with 4922 using hauwei 3G moderm with 131 software....hav tried using ZTE moderm,it refuse 2 connect
Follow this Process :
First insert your internet enabled modem with a 3g powered sim card.Press menu on your remote, then select system settings
You will be taking to the window above where you will see Ip Settings.
From the IP Settings window, you will see the internet protocols of which you will select 3g modem from the least and manually fill your username and password as it is applicable to your internet service provider.
after entering your APN, Simply press the red button on your remote in order to enable your connection
You are done, you can now either browse the youtube, maps, news, internet radio on your decoder or simply connect your cccam account on your decoder without using a lan with your pc or without using a router.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
bisan20: some1 should educate d house on how we can browse with 4922 using hauwei 3G moderm with 131 software....hav tried using ZTE moderm,it refuse 2 connect
ZTE may not be supported(which i very much doubt)
Arelukman:
Follow this Process :
First insert your internet enabled modem with a 3g powered sim card.Press menu on your remote, then select system settings
You will be taking to the window above where you will see Ip Settings.
From the IP Settings window, you will see the internet protocols of which you will select 3g modem from the least and manually fill your username and password as it is applicable to your internet service provider.
after entering your APN, Simply press the red button on your remote in order to enable your connection
You are done, you can now either browse the youtube, maps, news, internet radio on your decoder or simply connect your cccam account on your decoder without using a lan with your pc or without using a router.

thanks bro...you should try to post it on the reference thread...for easy reference later.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
2 u all, what does it mean 2 re-align a dish.Abeg, l remain humble.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arelukman: 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
freshp:
ZTE may not be supported(which i very much doubt)

thanks bro...you should try to post it on the reference thread...for easy reference later.
I will do that later ...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 1:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
abymoore:

sure about this?
pls what's focal point and how is it located? Thanks sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
GH-ONE:
I want to downgrade my S/W version from 312p to 302p and report my finding to you. Because it beats my imagination why 69XII can't pick Irib channels. I had Irib @ 87% on my 69XII way back February. I wonder why it can't do this time around.

Why do that @GH-ONE. Am also using srt4669XII, all my arabsat packages including IRIB are displaying very well

Arabsat packages- 83
Irib-72

Location - PH, R/state, nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
You knw i,m one of the frustrated man, i bought an mpeg 4 wiztech 288 and managed to track irib channels but the receiver has no patch option. If anyone in the house ever used this receiver pliz tell me how to get that patch option displayed. The seller told me to press menu then 6108 but it only displayed PATCH ENABLE and quickly disappears without leaving option to imput keys,Plz help before i throw the box in the bin.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
@sophie, sulaiman, olenyi, obnelly, abymoore & other gurus, pls send UNZIP 4669xii patch software to me abeg email-adesholaaderanti@gmail.com l dey wait.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
hon1977: You knw i,m one of the frustrated man, i bought an mpeg 4 wiztech 288 and managed to track irib channels but the receiver has no patch option. If anyone in the house ever used this receiver pliz tell me how to get that patch option displayed. The seller told me to press menu then 6108 but it only displayed PATCH ENABLE and quickly disappears without leaving option to imput keys,Plz help before i throw the box in the bin.

Sorry bro. I have never owned or used a wiztech decoder but I read somewhere that it can be patched for keys. At the time someone wanted patched sofware to enable him open SABC and he was given this link: http://ast-micsupport.net/

good luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
WHY DID YOU ASK FOR SOLUTIONS FOR THE IRIB CHANNELS WHEN YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS OR YOU DONT NEED ANSWERS, WELL RESPECTED GURUS TOLD YOU THAT IT SHOULD BE THE DIELECTRIC PLATE THAT HAS PROBLEM OR IT HAS SIGNAL PROBLEM, BUT STILL YOU SAID THE PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THESE THINGS AND YET YOU HAVNT SOLVED THE PROBLEM YET. IF YOU FEEL YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT SATELLITES THAN THE GURUS HERE WHO HAVE BEEN POSTING FOR YEARS, THEN ASK QUESTIONS HERE, SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS YOURSELF. YOU ARE JUST A NEWBIE AND YOU FEEL YOU KNOW MORE THAN YOUR MASTERS, A LOT OF NEWBIES HERE DONT KNOW WHAT IT TAKES FOR GURUS TO POST HERE AND BE INSULTED FOR IT. I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE INSULTING GURUS HERE UNTILL THEY LEFT THAT WAS WHEN I REALIZED MY MISTAKES.
well said,is you to asked some, please make it short and to the point,thank you all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by joshua25: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2013
Plz hw many channel s on c-band lnb on amos 5 cos i wan buy it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
Very good observation. I'm also encountering the same problem with my 4669XII. Of late, Irib has been RED on my 69rx. Inspite of all my efforts to salvage the situation have proven futile. @Fellow members, sometimes let's exercise some restraint. This Irib problem may not occur in your area. So let's not hasten to attack ones installation as the cause of this problem. My own brings to about 4 people who have problems with Irib on 69rx. Let's see how we can solve this problem rather than telling GH-ONE not to post his problems. Regards
GH-ONE:
@ All those having problem with 69XII regarding Irib channels reception, let's not rush. It seems there is a technical problem with Irib signal transmission @ some areas in West Africa. I'm saying this because, I used 69XII to track Irib(3964V30000) within 5minutes way back in January. I've taught friends how to track Irib with 1m & 1.2m dish way back in February and they all succeeded in getting high %quality by using 69XII. So now that Irib is refusing to turn green on this same 69XII, for me is a problem beyond installer control. I'll also urge our friends here to stop behaving as if we don't know the use of dielectic plate. Some people respond to our questions as if we are new to C-Band installation. For those who have stable Irib signal, I say good luck while those of us having problem with Irib, let's be patient. It is baffling that all Arabsat 20E channels show on 69XII except Irib tv3 & Varzesh which remains RED. Even if I connect 4922A to that same dish, all channels including Irib tv3 & Varzesh pop up green. The problem is not about increasing the signal of 4056H27500 to %97 or not inserting the dielectric plate well. Actually, Tp for Jsc sports according to flysat & lyngsat is 4054H27500 so let's take note of that. Once you have 92% for JSC sports on 69XII, the 3964V30000 should automatically turn green. So 3964v30000 is still red like mine, I mantain the problem is not from your dish or not using whatever frequency. I have downgraded my 69XII from 312 to 302 still no solution. Lest I forget the 3.12p upgrade brings the option sub-menu. But I just downgraded to 3.02p as a trial and error way of finding solution to this Irib problem on 69XII. Let us also not forget that the dielectric becomes useful when the channel you want to track, has a polarization of R/L. It appears this Irib problem is making people profer solutions which exist in their own imagination.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62. is it possible to nail amos 5 ku band and amos 5 c band on the same dish. I have a 1.8m prime focus dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abdul010: 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
@ all, I v been trying 4 d past few days to nail Press tv on Arabsat c-band using 1meter dish, inserted d dielectic plate bt no avail, i tot d dielectic was d problem i went n constructd 1 using glass bt still no show, please wat I'm doing wrong
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drandonzero(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
How do I enter biss key on WIZ 999HD

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.